GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jav
I'll be there in a minute! Too many morons doing iRacing tonight...

Oh man everyone bailed. I just turned my ps3 off. :( I would of stuck around for 15 or so if I would caught this before closing down everything.

Jav
I'll be there in a minute! Too many morons doing iRacing tonight...

I was watching tv and some racing commentator was talking about the Indy 500, and he said something along the lines of "the closest experience I've had to doing 200mph around Indy is iRacing, which I did a few laps of last night" and I figured, if he endorses iRacing like that, unpaid it can't be that bad lol I kind of want it. It seems kind of like Minecraft. Where the game play removes the necessity for good graphics.

Heh heh. Minscraft is addicting. And that's the beauty of it. Such a simple design and you have to use your imagination.

Also I am still uncertain if I'll be able to make tonight's race. But it already seems like you got a full field anyways,

Ok there's different offers where you can get the F1 for free, wich is the one I got. 3 months, FW31, Silverstone, Zandavoort, and all the basic cars and tracks for 35 bucks it's a pretty sweet deal! You can find different codes in the Computer gaming section here. You can even get the basic content and a month free in one of those codes!

Hey Jav, I know this isn't the right thread to post this in, but I had a question about iRacing. What type of penalty system does it use? Timed (like GT5) or actual penalties like drive through, stop and go, timed penalties in the box (racing's version of the sin bin), etc.. Do they enforce racing flags, and do they use a full course caution/sectional caution?

Ok, so it turned out to be more questions, but I would really like to know.

It's the real deal! Flags, penalties, drive troughs, stop and goes all of it! Plus you get deducted safety points for every incident, droping a wheel off, spinning, crashing. You graduate to the next license every time you collect a predetermined ammount of points or if you are above a point score on promotion day.

Man, now I really want to play it. Too bad GT can't impliment such a feature. But like I said, lack of funds equals lack of hardware.

Jav, in a dream's wold, if you had the choice of racing with all the people here (i mean GTPFIA) every sunday night, which game would you prefer? GT5 or iracing? I dont really care paying 8$/months but the game and the community are really important. Like I said months ago, i still play GT5 cause of the community here.

Opening a practice room for some fuel/tire wear runs, feel free to step in guys!

Jav, in a dream's wold, if you had the choice of racing with all the people here (i mean GTPFIA) every sunday night, which game would you prefer? GT5 or iracing? I dont really care paying 8$/months but the game and the community are really important. Like I said months ago, i still play GT5 cause of the community here.

Gotta say iRacing, the only thing GT5 has over iRacing is the almost infinite selection on cars, other than that iRacing is everything you'd want GT5 to be. From the on track information feqtures to the physics, about the graphics, yes PD is the best in the buissines period, but iRacing is at the point where it doesn't really matter.

Jav
Gotta say iRacing, the only thing GT5 has over iRacing is the almost infinite selection on cars, other than that iRacing is everything you'd want GT5 to be. From the on track information feqtures to the physics, about the graphics, yes PD is the best in the buissines period, but iRacing is at the point where it doesn't really matter.

Ok then i'll try it this week

Ok then i'll try it this week

You will love it! And it will be easier for you to get out of the rookie class than it was for me, you are much more patient and cafty on your driving than I am! in

Guys You got me really working over the iRacing idea heavy. Need to buck up and build a PC and I'd be in business.

Yep, it's official. I won't be able to race tonight. Also, due to some recent events, it maybe a while before I can rejoin this season. I may not be back online for a while, so please, keep a reserve spot for me and next season (if there is a next season). I am sorry I couldn't continue this season. The next time you hear from me, I will be back up and running, unless specified otherwise.

Thank you

Yep, it's official. I won't be able to race tonight. Also, due to some recent events, it maybe a while before I can rejoin this season. I may not be back online for a while, so please, keep a reserve spot for me and next season (if there is a next season). I am sorry I couldn't continue this season. The next time you hear from me, I will be back up and running, unless specified otherwise.

Thank you

We're gonna miss you Stormy! Thank you for your support and for sure we will have a spot for you!

Guys please remember that for tonight's race we will be using the full pit road that leads to the infield. No one is to go out of the pits straight into turn 1, any incidents will result in a 50 second penalty with no warning.
Race distance for tonight's race will be 36 laps set to 38 for formation/pace laps.

I am so ready for tonight! I got my new ZR-1 all done up and she is beautiful!!!!

Jav, I'll probably be able to make it.
But I have to eat dinner and my brothers want a turn on the Playstation.
And I have homework and a couple projects I should be working on.
I'll be cutting it close...
Can you post whether or not you've read this?

I'm getting the network incompatibility message in Owens' room, restarted PS3 and logging on, last attempt then just start w/o me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back