GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got here. Internet sucks I won't be making it. I truly hope you guys didn't wait. :/

Indeed.
I also got D/C'ed. :/

Oh...So me going past, didn't distract you with the horn and make you spin off? Thank goodness. I looked in the mirror and you dropped it on the grass and in to the barrier. I felt a bit guilty TBH....:nervous:

Awsome race everyone! Had a blast! Mag you are one cruel individual!! Lol!! Are you a cyclist? I felt like I was on the tour de France climbing the Pirinees waiting for you to attack!

Jav
Awsome race everyone! Had a blast! Mag you are one cruel individual!! Lol!! Are you a cyclist? I felt like I was on the tour de France climbing the Pirinees waiting for you to attack!

lol!

Horrid race for me. First off driving a car never driven but 5 laps in qualifying and practice a few minutes before. So playing tire strat and fuel by ear (more on this later). Then first part of the race was great, made a quick pass for first and was out front by like a second but knew it wouldn't last on the Mulsanne straight. So into the first chicane The Viper catches and pulls on the inside, I take the out side line, but a M3 didn't brake soon enough hitting the viper and spinning him (I think) then throwing me into the kitty litter, so great 1st/2nd to 10th or whatever.

So then fighting back, get up to 4th/5th I think fighting with a Vette down the Muslanne straight again drafting back and forth, then the vette brakes late into the Muslanne corner (I was behind) so he ran wide so I cut in the inside, but he spins (trying to recover) and we collide damaging my left front. Now back to the new car part, not familiar with it and trying to ride it out I spin once in the Porsche curves (that should of been a sign) but pass the pits and continue. I think I do 1 lap fine, like 4 seconds off my pace, but then the next lap at the end of the S's after the Dunlop bridge (just before tetre rouge) I lose it again and smash HARD into the outside wall, damaging the whole car engine and all. So had to limp around the track losing 2 minutes. Then finally to top it all off, not knowing the car again on the final lap (fought back to 1:50 down) coming out of Arnage I run out of fuel, LOL, so limp around the rest of the track to finish a solid 3:00:051 or whatever down. Haha. I even put 5 more liters then the AI wanted me to.

Over all a great race and looking forward to it again if theres room. I'll keep working with the Mclaren F1 to get it stable for me, and hopefully get it competitive and fighting for the victory.

Last edited:
Jav

hehe and i attacked at the perfect moment. I pitted with you on the 9th lap. Was no way i get to the end if i pushed. So caught up and coasted behind you for 4 laps to save tires. Then i seen t_ray pass. Even though i could of pushed i didnt, main objective was to finish ahead of you. You're really the only competition at the moment judging from the points:)

Last edited:
So into the first chicane The Viper catches and pulls on the inside, I take the out side line, but a M3 didn't brake soon enough hitting the viper and spinning him (I think) then throwing me into the kitty litter, so great 1st/2nd to 10th or whatever.

Yeah that was terrible from me, so sorry. I actually lost my braking point with two cars on either side of me, couldnt see the turn at all. Had a feeling the turn was coming up so i laid off but instead i should of been braking lol

Epic. Battle between me Shrugging and Owens in the two vipers. It was pretty frightening being hunted by two vipers. They were hustling it down the straights. Every time they got my draft and slingshotted they went past like i was standing still lol.

I figured i would be out done because they were teammates and they could basically try two strategies and have a better shot a winning. (im not sure if they worked together though.

Owens kinda suckered me into going for 10 laps(i wanted to stay out the longest. which oin hindsight was a terrbile idea becasue i ended up pitting twice anyway. I tried to do a 1 stopper but the rear tires weren;t their and i waas sliding everywhere.

My last stint after my second pit stop was on another level. I had half a tank of fuel and was flying. I was eating seconds from the Viper in the third sector each lap. And minimizing the time lost in the 2nd sector two a few tenths. Ultimately it wasnt enough in the end but it felt awesom doing qualy laps trying to chase him down.

I though that i could force Shrugging into a mistake by closing the gap down dramatically but it never came and won by 9seconds.

Lol Shruggin i was holding on for dear life when you kept passing me on the outside after Arnage and into indianapolis. Even though i had the inside line it was really hard not to drfit wide in the kinks. Personally i never pass there because i feel like i will be pushed off by the inside guy.

I realized i would just drive down the middle of that straight to stop you from doing that dangerous pass. It benefited both of us. You won that race

Sounds like a great race! It was the one I was most looking forward to on the calender. I hope someone will take some pictures for me or upload a replay :)

Can we do a race just for fun here after the season ends or something?

Sephy
Sounds like a great race! It was the one I was most looking forward to on the calender. I hope someone will take some pictures for me or upload a replay :)

40 lapper or something? ;)

GT2 was a tad boring from my view. Le Mans is pretty lonely place to race by yourself....

I agree, race at Le Mans for fun when the season is over. In go karts. At night. In the rain.

hon1987
GT2 was a tad boring from my view. Le Mans is pretty lonely place to race by yourself....

I agree, race at Le Mans for fun when the season is over. In go karts. At night. In the rain.

You will all lose to me if it's in go karts.
You will all lose twice if it's in the rain.
You will all lose thrice if it's in the rain in go karts.

Can I get like a bucketful of what you're on? :dopey:

I think that the brogin factor comes in when you have no idea how far ahead or behind you are of other people. If GT5 would show the split times betweeen each individual person and not just the leader it would be alot moire interesting.

Your certainly not bored when you can see the gap between you in 4th and the 3rd place guy coming down a second each lap. I was fortunate enouhg to be in second place. so every sector i was getting the gap time to the ugy ahead of me. And i was pushing so hard and seeing the results of my epic push being gaining 3 seconds a lap.

Who else whats splits between each postion. vote

Can I get like a bucketful of what you're on? :dopey:

I'll hook you up with my "supplier" !;):cheers:

Oh and what Blaze said... Yes I would like that. Would make time management and strategy in GT2 easier. Nowadays I set my map to max so I can tell who is coming up behind me. If the arrow is closing in, I step on it. If the arrow still closes in, its probably GT1!

Fastest times :

GT1

blaze == 3:35.695
shruggin == 3:37.303
owen == 3:38.049
tissimo == 3:39.226
Magzire == 3:40.447
t_ray == 3:41.641
jav == 3:43.771
tr1mble == 3:47.77

GT2

hon == 3.55.973
jepoks == 3:59.567
taolung == 4:01.715
grayfox == 4:01.914
flyinhawaiian77 == 4:35.663

Last edited:
GT2 pace lap was messed up. I mean seriously wth? How did jepoks go from qualifying 3rd to 5th? I was doing a few fernando alonso hand waves when I saw it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back