GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hon1987
GT2 pace lap was messed up. I mean seriously wth? How did jepoks go from qualifying 3rd to 5th? I was doing a few fernando alonso hand waves when I saw it happen.

Yeah I was confused there as well.

Yeah that was terrible from me, so sorry. I actually lost my braking point with two cars on either side of me, couldnt see the turn at all. Had a feeling the turn was coming up so i laid off but instead i should of been braking lol

hahah, np It happens to all of us. Sometimes the victim, sometimes the cause.

Yeah that was terrible from me, so sorry. I actually lost my braking point with two cars on either side of me, couldnt see the turn at all. Had a feeling the turn was coming up so i laid off but instead i should of been braking lol

yeah lol. whenever im behind people the names of the person block the brake markers on the track lol

hon1987
GT2 pace lap was messed up. I mean seriously wth? How did jepoks go from qualifying 3rd to 5th? I was doing a few fernando alonso hand waves when I saw it happen.

When you started to move at the start the 4th and 5th Cars moved up ahead of me, I tried to take back my position but did not want to risk getting a collision with them so I just hanged back instead. I got to 2'nd after the first big crash which took out the 2'nd to 4'th GT2 racers but you where too far ahead for me to catch up. I would have crashed out as well if I was in third.

It's been brought to the GTPFIA attention that competitors Gogatrs and GreyFox took the wrong possition in the grid and refused to give it back. The incident is under investigation and a verdict will be anounced this evening.

jepoks
When you started to move at the start the 4th and 5th Cars moved up ahead of me, I tried to take back my position but did not want to risk getting a collision with them so I just hanged back instead. I got to 2'nd after the first big crash which took out the 2'nd to 4'th GT2 racers but you where too far ahead for me to catch up. I would have crashed out as well if I was in third.

So it almost worked out for you then. I was trying to control the pace on the pace lap to give gt1 some space incase they had an incident, can't really when you are being overtaken. *face palm*

3.47?!? How? Lol somebody needs a nerfing...

Isn't he in GT1? lol

he is lol? oops

Was behind hons so just thought he was GT2

Well for my first time using the RX 7 with no practice until qualifying(2 jobs and fathers day stuff) I don't think I did to bad...the 2 times I got 6 min laps because of crashes is what killed me...
Just wait till next race when I use a wheel for the first time ;)

Also, if u want sephy ,I can upload the replay to YouTube ...but not until wed. I'm working 15 hour days today and tmrw

Well for my first time using the RX 7 with no practice until qualifying(2 jobs and fathers day stuff) I don't think I did to bad...the 2 times I got 6 min laps because of crashes is what killed me...

Also, if u want sephy ,I can upload the replay to YouTube ...but not until wed. I'm working 15 hour days today and tmrw

We got to build you a nice cockpit for that wheel man!

Didnt mean to be rude. I put you in the GT2 category for the fastest times by mistake. When i first got my wheel i thought it was impossible. Now i wouldnt touch the pad, takes a little bit getting used to. Which one you getting?

Magzire
Didnt mean to be rude. I put you in the GT2 category for the fastest times by mistake. When i first got my wheel i thought it was impossible. Now i wouldnt touch the pad, takes a little bit getting used to. Which one you getting?

Ah, the old "oirish" charm! :-p

U did well smokedogg/trimble. You stayed the course and finished the race! I know you were using the DS3, but where you using analogue stick or dpad?

Smoke, is the rx7 giftable?

We was supposed to send you one or attempt. But I can have short term memory loss at times. ;)

If it can. I have two. Also after the 787b livery RX8. Kids have it but thinking it not giftable

We was supposed to send you one or attempt. But I can have short term memory loss at times. ;)

If it can. I have two. Also after the 787b livery RX8. Kids have it but thinking it not giftable

RX-7 LM is unfortunately on the black list. I can't imagine driving a GT1 car for 60+ minutes on a DS3, I'd be hitting te walls, going off and messing up every lap!
Now get on that DFGT and get some hours under your belt! You are gonna love it!

Jav
We got to build you a nice cockpit for that wheel man!
Jav,I'm gonna buy you and Owens some round trip tickets to jersey to build me a cockpit....I'd have the best one on GTP ;)

My wife got me a DFGT for fathers day ...sux though ,I havta work both my jobs tonite and tmrw nite...and don't worry about putting me in gt 2 ...at least I had the best time in something lol
Ah, the old "oirish" charm! :-p

U did well smokedogg/trimble. You stayed the course and finished the race! I know you were using the DS3, but where you using analogue stick or dpad?

I use the analog stick for the gas and brake...the d pad to steer....that's y it looks like I'm drunk driving :D

Idk if its giftable...I finally came across one in the ucd after over a month of cycling

Man I'd definitely be up for that! Let me loose and you'll have the best cockpit ever! Now you'r credit card alarm is gonna be sounding mad! Triple screens, triple PS3's, frex wheel, frex shifter, frex pedals, Alienware PC, all iRacing content!! Whew! We're not even started yet!!

Jav
Man I'd definitely be up for that! Let me loose and you'll have the best cockpit ever! Now you'r credit card alarm is gonna be sounding mad! Triple screens, triple PS3's, frex wheel, frex shifter, frex pedals, Alienware PC, all iRacing content!! Whew! We're not even started yet!!

Why not 5 monitors, multi degrees of freedom sim rig, and surround sound?

Victory at last!

Big scare on lap 1 after Magzire ran in the back of tissimo and myself giving my Viper rear-corner damage. The car was a bit loose but I was able to stay out and fight for the lead with Blaze and Owens...eventually opted to pit a lap early just to be on the safe side.

After the 2nd pitstop my lead grew to 22 secs but then Blaze started putting it some 'blazingly' fast laps in the Zonda. There was no reason for me to try to match his lap times so I just safely cruised to the finish. Awesome race, had some great battles! Some of them with Blaze were a bit too close but luckily we got away with it this time.

Why not 5 monitors, multi degrees of freedom sim rig, and surround sound?

Like I said! Just getting started man!!

Atlas it really was a good race! When I saw that I opted to straight line the chicane wich ment I had to stop and conceed the possition to Owens at that moment wich left me behind the lead group out of the draft and out of it. Mag being damaged ment there was still hope for the title, later that lap I had to go off to avoid hitting Tissimo wich set me back even further behind, from there on was just staying out of trouble and trying to stay ahead of Mag, when he got back up to me it was all over for that!
This is shaping to be two epic races for the championship!

Jav
Like I said! Just getting started man!!

Atlas it really was a good race! When I saw that I opted to straight line the chicane wich ment I had to stop and conceed the possition to Owens at that moment wich left me behind the lead group out of the draft and out of it. Mag being damaged ment there was still hope for the title, later that lap I had to go off to avoid hitting Tissimo wich set me back even further behind, from there on was just staying out of trouble and trying to stay ahead of Mag, when he got back up to me it was all over for that!
This is shaping to be two epic races for the championship!

I saw you fly by, and appreciate that. I enter Indianapolis slow (75-80ish) to have a fast run out to arnage. Sorry about that.

I saw you fly by, and appreciate that. I enter Indianapolis slow (75-80ish) to have a fast run out to arnage. Sorry about that.

My race strategy was stay out of trouble and benefit from other's mistakes, minimize the damage wich to some extent worked.

Jav
RX-7 LM is unfortunately on the black list. I can't imagine driving a GT1 car for 60+ minutes on a DS3, I'd be hitting te walls, going off and messing up every lap!

i don't pit when i have to, i pit when my fingers start to cramp ;)

i'm just hoping for the last two races i'm a little more competitive with gt1...next season though, watch out :D

i don't pit when i have to, i pit when my fingers start to cramp ;)

i'm just hoping for the last two races i'm a little more competitive with gt1...next season though, watch out :D

I know you will! Once you get used to that wheel you'll gain more confidence on the car and You'll start managing your tires better! Just make sure you have something sturdy to mount it on and you'll be ok!

Victory at last!

Big scare on lap 1 after Magzire ran in the back of tissimo and myself giving my Viper rear-corner damage. The car was a bit loose but I was able to stay out and fight for the lead with Blaze and Owens...eventually opted to pit a lap early just to be on the safe side.

After the 2nd pitstop my lead grew to 22 secs but then Blaze started putting it some 'blazingly' fast laps in the Zonda. There was no reason for me to try to match his lap times so I just safely cruised to the finish. Awesome race, had some great battles! Some of them with Blaze were a bit too close but luckily we got away with it this time.

Two for the price of one :)

Sry again

smokedogg
Jav,I'm gonna buy you and Owens some round trip tickets to jersey to build me a cockpit....

Jersey?
You wouldn't be near the New Jersey Motorsports Park by any chance, would you?

t_ray_z28
wheres mine?! :grumpy:

This
I doubt my parents would be too happy when two strangers that I met on the Internet come walking up to the door asking for Credit Card information though. :/

wheres mine?! :grumpy:

Is right there sitting on your living room!!
Ohh wait I remember seeing on the news something about some crazy kid trying to drive a PlaySeat with a DFGT on the middle of the highway, the description seems to fit Gogatrs, I think he stole from you!!

Jav
Is right there sitting on your living room!!
Ohh wait I remember seeing on the news something about some crazy kid trying to drive a PlaySeat with a DFGT on the middle of the highway, the description seems to fit Gogatrs, I think he stole from you!!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that!
*is dead*

t_ray_z28
Thats ok, I stole the wallet off his body before the feds got there and it had enough in it from him robbing the gas station to buy a new one! :dopey:

?
I was broke before I died.
Remember?
Thats why I robbed the gas station in the first place.

Jersey?
You wouldn't be near the New Jersey Motorsports Park by any chance, would you?

What town is that in....I live about 30-40 from Englishtown raceway park and island dragstrip

But I know there is another one in wildwood called Atco speedway ...that one is 3 hours from me....

My house is less then 10 min from NYC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back