GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
1) Jav - GT2
2) Shrugging_Atlas - GT1
3) Mitch - GT2
4) R1600Turbo - GT1
5) Peter - GT1
6) Magzire - GT1
7) tissimo - GT2
8) Tr1mble- gt1
9) Blaze_409 - GT2
10) Sephy71 - GT2
11) Jepoks - GT1
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Reserves:

1) luckylefty2gunz
2) Toyotsupra
3) paulmac2k9 - GT2
4)
5)

gogatrs
Took the words right out of my mouth. :dopey:
Touring car fans=wannabe red necks.
We have the real deal here in America! :lol:

I beg to differ: the Nascar field is made up of basically the same chassis with the exception of the engine and tyres. In touring cars, the cars are actually based on the road going models they are supposed to be.

I haven't seen any body at BTCC conforming to the red neck stereotype or attempting to do so either.

WTF how on earth you come up with that one there, i hate nascar its all ovals and it bores me to death further more all the cars arent anything to do with the road cars the road cars they are based on its effectively a single make series.

Touring cars (BTCC atleast) are pure racing no Big money just proper cars and proper drivers you got in this season, 3 2011 Ford Focuses, 2 old Ford Focuses, 4 Chevrolet Cruzes (Which was designed by RML UK), 2 Honda Civics, 3 BMW 320si, 4 Vauxhall Vectras, 2 Seat Leons, 2 2011 Toyota Avensis, 1 Audi A4, 1 VW Golf Mk5 all derived from their road going counterparts (maybe not the Audi though since its Rwd).

Its simple you cannot compair nascar and BTCC they are completely different Nascar is boring ovals 35/37 races? BTCC is action packed races on small tight circuits lap after lap constant bumping overtaking crazy lunges ect ect.

heres a funny picture for you put a Nascar on Knockhill and see how badly it does...

Last edited:
BTCC is terrible though. DTM and V8 Supercars = awesome!

heres a funny picture for you put a Nascar on Knockhill and see how badly it does...

You might be surprised.

Can we drop the NASCAR is crap argument before it escalates? As a NASCAR fan, you don't want to get me started. :indiff:

Can the next person to sign up please take peter off the list and put yours in there...no one has seen him before and he isn't on any list

hey it wasnt me who started it , Mitch! we should lead a coalition on Mitch whos up for it? :lol:

Can the next person to sign up please take peter off the list and put yours in there...no one has seen him before and he isn't on any list

Wow, what a warm welcome. 👎

What's wrong with me joining this series?

Peter.
Wow, what a warm welcome. 👎

What's wrong with me joining this series?

You need to sign up properly not just throw yourself into a series without identifying yourself.

Also Smoke wasn't trying to be mean in any way he was saying he didn't see you in the registration at all which is true.

Peter not to say that this is what you might do in this series but you skipped every round of the GTPLemans protype except for 1....and at that 1 you got tangled in incidents with what i though was reckless driving..

your free to join but we don't race like theres no tomorrow. This isnt win or spin, checkers or wreckers. No banzai moves ok.Ill never forget laguna seca. if it was real life you;d owe me 6 toyota gt-ones...

You must still register for the league like it says to on page one....then you go on the reserve list...if there is room for you on Sunday then you may race...but the 3 people on the reserve list in the sign up post have first shot to race before you do.....

That is how you sign up for the league :)

Peter not to say that this is what you might do in this series but you skipped every round of the GTPLemans protype except for 1....and at that 1 you got tangled in incidents with what i though was reckless driving..

your free to join but we don't race like theres no tomorrow. This isnt win or spin, checkers or wreckers. No banzai moves ok.Ill never forget laguna seca. if it was real life you;d owe me 6 toyota gt-ones...

Blaze, I had final exams, so I could only make Laguna Seca, and I got blackscreened at La Sarthe. And again, i'll say, many of those bumps I gave you were accidental and because of em braking too late, touching some gravel and losing control. I know, I might have been a bit eager to get into clean air to catch the leaders, after being screwed in qualifying, just like you were ruined in qualifying, but i'm not a dirty racer at all.

well i tried the 350Z LM and Citroen since i won them both and their both ok but "IF" i have to chose between any of the other car besides the ZR1 and R8 ill be happy enough to change to the 350Z LM (even though its much slower in the straights)
so Jav if you want you can change my oringal sign up to the 350Z LM or as its known on GT5 "Nissan Fairlady LM Concept Race Car"

Edit: Also i remember this..
The Z concept is a prize car...I forget what race though...if u do get it I have a good tune for it from our dearly departed Majik tom
I think i have a good setup on it at the moment but it can never hurt to try ;)

Last edited:
paulmac2k9
well i tried the 350Z LM and Citroen since i won them both and their both ok but "IF" i have to chose between any of the other car besides the ZR1 and R8 ill be happy enough to change to the 350Z LM (even though its much slower in the straights)
so Jav if you want you can change my oringal sign up to the 350Z LM or as its known on GT5 "Nissan Fairlady LM Concept Race Car"

Edit: Also i remember this..

I think i have a good setup on it at the moment but it can never hurt to try ;)

The fairlady and the 350z LM concepts are different. The Fairlady is said to be the quicker version. Make sure its the fairlady!

i call it that because it looks like it i won it from the suzuka 1000km but it is the Fairlady Z i just prefer calling it the 350Z LM as it sounds better. Didnt even know a 350Z LM existed :lol:

i call it that because it looks like it i won it from the suzuka 1000km but it is the Fairlady Z i just prefer calling it the 350Z LM as it sounds better. Didnt even know a 350Z LM existed :lol:

What hon is trying to say is that there are 2 different Nissans on the game, there's 1 350LM and there's the FairladyLM wich is the one you have and the one we run in GT2.

its all good atleast Tissimo now has a fellow Fairlady Z LM to play with :D (if theres space for Reseves that is lol)

After further testing it's been determined by the GTPFIA that a 30 HP cocession is in orther for the RX-7 Concept LM and a power cut of 50 HP for the Team Oreca Viper #51/91 is in order effective immediately. Post #2 has been updated in acordance with this revision.

You guys start the season yet? And anyone that's in the ALMS coming to race tonight and looks like we need a host too

Well, if there's space for me, i'll be in the Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II in the GT1 class. Time zone is EST except that I don't use daylight savings time.

The race car is gt 2
The test car is gt 1

Also post your sign up like you see how everyone else is on the first post :)

Anyone doing some testing? How's everyone's times looking?

1) Jav - GT2
2) Shrugging_Atlas - GT1
3) Mitch - GT2
4) R1600Turbo - GT1
5) Peter - GT1
6) Magzire - GT1
7) tissimo - GT2
8) Tr1mble- gt1
9) Blaze_409 - GT2
10) Sephy71 - GT2
11) Jepoks - GT1
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Reserves:

1) luckylefty2gunz
2) Toyotsupra
3) paulmac2k9 - GT2
4)
5)

if i race i can say for GT2 runners im in the 1:27s which i think is ok but i believe others will go faster...

if i race i can say for GT2 runners im in the 1:27s which i think is ok but i believe others will go faster...

Ohh you'll be on the race for sure, we are short by some 4 entries so it looks like the resserves will make it into the race. The drivers meeting PM should come in a few minutes so make sure you read it understand it and ask questions if you have any.

Back