GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Wow, 1:40! I had a decent draft when I pulled my low 1:41 and thought it'd be enough for fastest lap, nice work! I was only able to pull a 1:42.046 in quali.

tissimo
Wow, 1:40! I had a decent draft when I pulled my low 1:41 and thought it'd be enough for fastest lap, nice work! I was only able to pull a 1:42.046 in quali.

Tire temperature difficulties maybe?

toyotsupra
Tire temperature difficulties maybe?

I'm not sure what you mean? I'm sure just a better draft, I would only have it on one of the straits. Also trying to conserve tires on my 1 stop strategy.

I'm not sure what you mean? I'm sure just a better draft, I would only have it on one of the straits. Also trying to conserve tires on my 1 stop strategy.

Ok cool good win anyways 👍

I had a surprisingly good race despite very close bumper to bumper racing at insane speeds. First 10 laps were non-stop position changes with the two BMW's, lap 10-14 it was just Magzire and me but very close sometimes hairraising passes. I was considering doing just 1 stop but opted for a 2-stop strategy. It was the only way to shake Magzire. Then all I had to do was lap 2s/lap faster than him as he was clearly on a 1-stopper lol. With the laps winding down I was catching him, took the gap from 24s on lap 27 down to 5.5sec going into last lap. Would've been a close finish for sure but Magzire ran out of fuel just before the oval gifting me victory.

Unfortunately I lost my teammate on lap 2 due to a strange accident as I watched from behind. I was lucky to avoid any damage or even spins, just a few close calls especially on the narrow pit exit road. A BIG THANK YOU to all GT2s and lapped GT1s for letting me through. 👍 Only once I think it was toyotsupra it was very close as he switched lines a couple of times.

The 1 stopper was faster but god scary. IMO wasnt worth the semi heart attack. 20 laps on one set gets icy. So sick though how i finished from 1st to 4th on the last lap cause of fuel. Was a well deserved 1st at that! Can kiss the championship bye good now. I'll Battle owen for second:)

Thats weird. Atlas viper is 10 mph faster than owens. lol how did that happen. Altas viper was even faster than me on the straights, so confused to see how the viper is weak on daytona. Well owens was. I wonder ;)

Magzire
Thats weird. Atlas viper is 10 mph faster than owens. lol how did that happen. Altas viper was even faster than me on the straights, so confused to see how the viper is weak on daytona. Well owens was. I wonder ;)

Fwiw I run full aero. This maybe the difference.

Jav can you get the Standings done tonight before i go on holiday?
I doubt I can get them tonight, there's some incidents under investigation so it will probably not be on till tomorrow.

He did say he had a good pull from Posi...
Jav is this going to be a rain race?
weather forecast is saying there's a 50% chance of rain.

Low downforce?

i dont think the aero changes the max aero that dramatically...I tried this with the R8. at max i could only gain 5mph top end and terrible understeer from having no downforce.I think these cars are really bad with anything other than max aero or 5 clicks off max here and there. Considering atlas has won the races there no way he was trimmed out to gain 10mph.

owens should probably engine and oil.

again i would like to send out a big thanks to Posiloan for the tow i was able to draft him the entire lap and more i could have even passed him at a time or two but that would have been unprofessional also i could have passed Owens down the straight my car worked so good in the draft that's why i qualified in the back i guess

oh yeah thought i would say that my top speed in race was 202mph not bad in a gt2

Jav
weather forecast is saying there's a 50% chance of rain.
I hope not..Monza is one of my best tracks....and I've had enough of the rain...thunder storms kept knocking my power out last night, that's why I missed the race..but from what I watched it looked like a great race...watching mag and Owens battle it out for a few laps kept me entertained :)

I know one of the vipers said they were having trouble with the bus stop. If you dont get a good run out of there you're top end could be down 3-5mph easy. With a good trans tune and a bit of aero could make up the other part. When I tested the Viper it was running 195 braking into t1 iirc, this was with trans and areo tuning, only 2-3 mph off the Zonda.

weather forecast is saying there's a 50% chance of rain

there is a few of us here who just ran monza with a full field and we are still trying to sort through the penalties, please respect others on track so we don't have the same problems in this series. there is a huge draft here and braking early can save time in the long run for multiple cars. but this is a formality as we all know the talent level here is outstanding.

weather forecast is saying there's a 50% chance of rain

there is a few of us here who just ran monza with a full field and we are still trying to sort through the penalties, please respect others on track so we don't have the same problems in this series. there is a huge draft here and braking early can save time in the long run for multiple cars. but this is a formality as we all know the talent level here is outstanding.

Nonsense, use the car in front for brakes, quickest way around the track! :dunce:

I like the chance of rain!

Altas viper was even faster than me on the straights, so confused to see how the viper is weak on daytona. Well owens was. I wonder ;)
What exactly are you accusing me of? I passed HP check at 600 and never left track not even quit to lobby unlike many others. My car was fully broken in going in and still had 600 HP at the end of the race. W/o draft I topped out at 194MPH. The vette, zonda, CLK and BMW top speeds were all higher afaik. I qualified 4th. Got fastest lap on fresh tires with low fuel load thanks to my 2 stopper. In Saturday testing I was topping out at 191 but saw tissimo do 194 so I did oil chg and adjusted gear ratios which got me to 194. Both the vette and zonda had about 0.7s/lap on the Viper, ask tissimo. I ran a completely different setup than usual, this was the most time I spent tuning ever because my normal setup was way off pace.

The 1 stopper was faster but god scary. IMO wasnt worth the semi heart attack. 20 laps on one set gets icy. So sick though how i finished from 1st to 4th on the last lap cause of fuel. Was a well deserved 1st at that! Can kiss the championship bye good now. I'll Battle owen for second:)
Let me tell you even my 2-stopper was scary as I was forced to run qualifying style for 2/3 of the race trying to play catch-up. Not as scary as braking from 200+MPH side by side into T1 though :scared: If we both stayed out for a 1-stopper that would've ended in tears on worn tires for sure.

Last edited:
Not accusing of anything. If you read up above in my last comment i got my answer with the aero setup which i never thought of. Was just wondering why the pace was different between the two vipers.

Let me tell you even my 2-stopper was scary as I was forced to run qualifying style for 2/3 of the race trying to play catch-up. Not as scary as braking from 200+MPH side by side into T1 though :scared: If we both stayed out for a 1-stopper that would've ended in tears on worn tires for sure.

Yeah that was lap 6. Just watched it there. Wasn't sure if you letting off so i stayed strong. Both went in parallel of each other and thankful both came out in one piece. That could of ended in many other ways, one were no one comes out haha ;)

Little mishap that ruined owens race. Well done to come back to second.

If only i could do this when i wanted to lol

Yeah that was lap 6. Just watched it there. Wasn't sure if you letting off so i stayed strong. Both went in parallel of each other and thankful both came out in one piece. That could of ended in many other ways, one were no one comes out haha ;)
This is the 2nd race in a row where we ran this closely for many laps. I said it last time and I'll say it again - much respect. This is extremely hard to do without crashing, we're both at the limit and run so close that backing off is not really an option because it would immediately result in one running into the back of the other as it happened to our teammates.

This is the 2nd race in a row where we ran this closely for many laps. I said it last time and I'll say it again - much respect. This is extremely hard to do without crashing, we're both at the limit and run so close that backing off is not really an option because it would immediately result in one running into the back of the other as it happened to our teammates.

Definitely does have the heart pumping. Have to admit i do never worry about you making a mistake behind, pretty solid for that:tup:

Seems its down to who ever makes the correct pit stop. I'll never make a 1 stopper again:scared:

It was disgusting feeling knowing there's no grip. Well that is two great races now. Daytona certainly sucked towards the end as those 3 people sailed by. There is nothing more frustrating than that. Hope the next races are just good but i need a win to stay alive:nervous:

Hat is off to you guys! Doing that in GT1, in this game, in Daytona, with the crazy stupid draft is not easy at all! My oppening 6 laps were just the same with hon and tiss and Supra closing in fast! Then it all went wrong for me!

Jav
Hat is off to you guys! Doing that in GT1, in this game, in Daytona, with the crazy stupid draft is not easy at all! My oppening 6 laps were just the same with hon and tiss and Supra closing in fast! Then it all went wrong for me!

as you guys fought for the lead in gt2 i figured it would be best to lay back just enough to avoid the big one and i thankfully avoided damage all race. man one stop really worked for you tissimo i was gunna try one stop but saw hon dive for the pits and i followed as he was the leader that the time. after watching the replay (hons) you did get a penalty for speed entering pit road thats how i came out in front of you. overall great race can't wait for the next race

luckylefty2gunz
as you guys fought for the lead in gt2 i figured it would be best to lay back just enough to avoid the big one and i thankfully avoided damage all race. man one stop really worked for you tissimo i was gunna try one stop but saw hon dive for the pits and i followed as he was the leader that the time. after watching the replay (hons) you did get a penalty for speed entering pit road thats how i came out in front of you. overall great race can't wait for the next race

They do that!?! Wheres the speed limit sign? Wheres the braking markers as well!?! This track is a shambles! :lol:

They do that!?! Wheres the speed limit sign? Wheres the braking markers as well!?! This track is a shambles! :lol:

Yeah PD slacked a bit on this track... The real track is really well marked and it makes the entry to turn 1 so much easier!

Back