GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Gators! great to see you back... May I ask, did you break down and buy a new ps3 or just fix the old one? In any case, its great to see you back. Now, how about some prototypes on Saturday?
PLEASE READ THE NEXT POST EVERYONE!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ok so I have started capturing last week's race at Daytona, and skimming through the posts since last week there is a lot of infractions that may need to be reviewed. For instance, the dumb-a55 i invited took me out with one lap to go causing me to do a 4 minute lap!!!! this caused me to drop from a possible third probable 4th to 7th!!! ahem.... but I'm not bitter. anyhoo post back If you would like anything to be reviewed, and I'm sorry that I have not kept up with the replays this season, I have been super busy with work/girlfriend/life etc. looking forward to this weekend and trying to think of a way of enforcing the (frankly terrible) absence of grass @ the 2nd chicane at monza. CHEERS!

posimosh
Gators! great to see you back... May I ask, did you break down and buy a new ps3 or just fix the old one? In any case, its great to see you back. Now, how about some prototypes on Saturday?
PLEASE READ THE NEXT POST EVERYONE!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I doubt I'll do BK's Saturday series, since I can't guarantee I'll be on during the day.
I did send my PS3 in to Sony. Thanks for all the help, but in the end, nothing was working. :/

Did we do it already?

GTPFIA GT1/GT2 Monza Race Sign Up:

1: OwensRacing - GT1
2:
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:

GTPFIA GT1/GT2 Monza Race Sign Up:

2: Jav
3:
4:
5:
6:
7:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

Anyone up for some practice?

3: gogatrs :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
4:
5:
6:
7:
9:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

Assuming Irene doesn't say differently.
She's here, I've lost satellite, but not power/Internet. (yet)

3: gogatrs :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
4:
5: Hon1987 GT2
6:
7:
8: luckylefty2gunz - GT2
9: ToyotSupra GT2
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

4:
6:
7: Pipi_R6 GT2
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

i have this feeling that this hurricane IRENE is going to have an affect on our race tonight.
best of luck to all affected by this storm. it might be hot in Vegas but my house is not blowing/floating down the street...lol

luckylefty2gunz
i have this feeling that this hurricane IRENE is going to have an affect on our race tonight.
best of luck to all affected by this storm. it might be hot in Vegas but my house is not blowing/floating down the street...lol

It should be a epic race just don't want to get disconnected again like what happened in the last time I raced here I'll go all out for the win put what happened last race behind me.

Indiana seems pretty safe from any Irene backlashes.

Clear and nice outside. Gonna be tired this evening. Working all day.

3: gogatrs
4: Magzire
6:
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

6: Jepoks
10:
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

Guys with some DLC coming soon there's a posibility that the FIA GT cars previously mentioned in other interviews with KazYamauchi could finally come. I know it's a long shot, but still a possibility, if they do become available would you guys like to switch cars or stay with the current ones then switch next season?
This is just wishfull thinking but it is possible, afterall this seems to be the trend with PS3 games lately first the game comes then 2-3 DLC packs follow some months after.

Jav
Guys with some DLC coming soon there's a posibility that the FIA GT cars previously mentioned in other interviews with KazYamauchi could finally come. I know it's a long shot, but still a possibility, if they do become available would you guys like to switch cars or stay with the current ones then switch next season?
This is just wishfull thinking but it is possible, afterall this seems to be the trend with PS3 games lately first the game comes then 2-3 DLC packs follow some months after.

if new cars do come available i think we should finish out this season with what we got then make the switch with the new season, this would help with tuning the new cars we all pretty much have our cars the way we want them i think, i hope.

Jav

What new cars are coming do you think?

Start testing DLC cars if they indeed come. This way we are ahead of the curve come next season.

10: Shrugging_Atlas - GT1
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

Had a couple of short power outages today, keeping fingers crossed. House and basement are dry 👍

10: Shrugging_Atlas - GT1
11:
12:
13:
14:
15:
16:

Had a couple of short power outages today, keeping fingers crossed. House and basement are dry though 👍

Good to know man! Your season is going too well to have it ruined by Irene!

Drivers meeting race #5. Just like the last round the track will open at 6:30PM US EST(GMT-4).

-Free practice, track will open at 6:30PM EST(GTM-4) for free practice.

-Qualifying, at 7:30 everyone must be on the lobby and ready to start the legality verification process. Both classes will qualify at the same time and every driver will have at least 20 minutes to qualify. Any driver that leaves the track and goes to the settings menu may recieve a time penalty aded to the final results.

-The cars will be called on track using their respective power/weight figures.

-Race start, since we are doing combined quali the race will be started at 8:00PM US EST(-4GMT). Once the race has been started the GT2 cars will go arround on a formation lap.

-GT1/GT2 pace lap, for season 2 there will be no GT2 formation lap, just 1 pace lap for both classes. The pole sitter will lead the field at 60mph arround the track. Please give each other plenty of space here.
Once the polesitter reaches the podium he will slow down to 30mph. Guys do not be afraid to come up side to side in your respective spots. Remember we start double file.
The pole sitter will be cleared to accelerate away at the start/finish line. The pole siter from each class has to cross the line in first place for his respective class. Any overtaking before the leader crosses the line will be rewarded with a time penalty of 50 seconds.

*Chicanes - The use and abuse of curbing in Monza is always controversial, all drivers mus have 2 wheels on track at all times, Red/white crubs are considered track anything beyond is out of bounds.

-Again I expect everyone to give plenty of room to each other on the pace lap.

-Any on track incidents will be dealt with after the race and the text chat is not to be used during the race.

-Any on track incident needs to be reported to the race stewards within 24 hours of the race start.

-In any case resulting on penaties, infractions, warnings or probations it will be announced on the 2nd post under the "important announcements" section.

Track open:

Room crashed

Last edited:
What a race. Disappointed that I couldn't followup pole with a win, but great race nevertheless, and great fun. Looks like i'll have to wait a bit longer before I can get that maiden online racing victory. I got fastest lap though, so I didn't leave with nothing :)

Man, Good racing all. Lots of errors by me! Unlucky Supra BTW!
Man I'm bumed about that, he really desserved the win. He was fighting for every inch, looks like he pushed it a bit too far. I always put 5 extra gallons of fuel on that last stop if I think I'm gonna need them, tonight the AI wanted to give me 1 gallon on the last stop and by looking at the consumption on my first stint I can tell you I would've ran out of fuel if I only took 1 gallon.

Back