GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Good racing PJ up to lap 16. Hons the stuntman tried overtake me at turn 1 and touched a bit. Caught me by surprise. Could of been avoided if i knew he was there. Hate having a floppy wheel pointing completely off centre. Car was horribly unstable which didn't help racing with Atlas. Looked like you got a lot of damage from me Atlas, sorry. At else i waited for you when you went wide ;)

Last freaking turn the tank goes red. Thought i was going to lose a TV. Lost 10 secs trying to save juice and worked.

I had drafted someone on front stretch around lap 26. I had been on my tires for almost 20 laps. They was bad and my braking point with the extra speed was a marker back then normal. Very sorry to have hit the brakes that early. Wish I could of relayed my tire info to you some how.

Anyway. Reviewing replay. I had taken a hit early that damaged mt left front bad enough I had hold the about 30 degrees off center to go straight. T500 and this is not friendly. So after being hit and then shoved off track. I was out of the running for a win. Fought hard to get a 3rd spot. Closed almost 20 seconds on leaders in last 10 or so laps. That's when I caught Peter. Anyway. Fun intense race but gutted about being wrecked early.

pj-gm, that parade lap was a mess, did u bother reading the OP? There's no weaving to warm tires, speed should be constant, no sudden braking to 20mph on the straights and the green flag was weird too, almost looked like a false start.

Very eventful race, got damage twice the 2nd time it definitely wasn't my fault, the first time most like neither as I'm pretty sure I entered the chicane first - watching replay now. When driving w/o damage I had good rhythm except for the one spin and one gravel visit. Was catching Mag in the closing laps but the earlier stupid 9s spin robbed me of a chance at a last lap fight.

I have to say Monza is my least favorite track. Always controversial.

Anyway. Reviewing replay. I had taken a hit early that damaged mt left front bad enough I had hold the about 30 degrees off center to go straight. T500 and this is not friendly. So after being hit and then shoved off track. I was out of the running for a win. Fought hard to get a 3rd spot. Closed almost 20 seconds on leaders in last 10 or so laps. That's when I caught Peter. Anyway. Fun intense race but gutted about being wrecked early.

If you didn't have bad luck, you'd have no luck at all. I was the same remember. every first lap was a kaboom into someone or something. It got past onto you lol.

Magzire
Good racing PJ up to lap 16. Hons the stuntman tried overtake me at turn 1 and touched a bit. Caught me by surprise. Could of been avoided if i knew he was there. Hate having a floppy wheel pointing completely off centre. Car was horribly unstable which didn't help racing with Atlas. Looked like you got a lot of damage from me Atlas, sorry. At else i waited for you when you went wide ;)

Sorry mate, I forgot GT1's brake earlier than I usually do. Was trying to make ammends on the early error which saw me lose ground of Jav and Supra, but this cost me even more time. Could have been both our races ruined. No excuses, I'll drop back in the braking zones in respect to GT1.

pj-gm, that parade lap was a mess, did u bother reading the OP? There's no weaving to warm tires, speed should be constant, no sudden braking to 20mph on the straights and the green flag was weird too, almost looked like a false start.

I stopped weaving after turn 1, and even then it wasn't much weaving at all. Plus, I don't remember any sudden slowing down, I took extra care to keep the pace lap clean. Just not so used to the side-by-side kind of thing. Cut me some slack, it's my first race, and to have to lead the pack in my first race with no experience with leading a start, I think I did fine.

GT2 guys did well to stay out of the way, never had any problems with them today. But I guess that's just me.

I was also lucky enough to not sustain any damage in the race. Damage is quite a hindrance, thankfully I managed to stay out of trouble.

Sorry mate, I forgot GT1's brake earlier than I usually do. Was trying to make ammends on the early error which saw me lose ground of Jav and Supra, but this cost me even more time. Could have been both our races ruined. No excuses, I'll drop back in the braking zones in respect to GT1.

Yeah no problem. I could of avoided it. But had no idea you where there. Actually gave me a fright lol

Fastest Unofficial Laps:

1: pj-gm 1:38.793

2: OwensRacing 1:38.968

3: Magzire22 1:39.411

4: Shrugging_Atlas 1:39.529

5: tr1mble 1:40.959

6: posiloan 1:40.964 (only .005 seperates 5th and 6th)

7: luckylefty2gunz 1:41.078

8: jepoks 1:41.124

9: tissimo 1:42.510

10: hon1987 1:43.082

11: jav122678 1:43.236

12: toyotsupra 1:43.460

13: PipiR6 1:45.179

Fastest Unofficial Laps:

1: pj-gm 1:38.793

2: OwensRacing 1:38.968

3: Magzire22 1:39.411

4: Shrugging_Atlas 1:39.529

5: tr1mble 1:40.959

6: posiloan 1:40.964 (only .005 seperates 5th and 6th)

7: luckylefty2gunz 1:41.078 :D:embarrassed::eek::cheers::bowdown::gtpflag:

8: jepoks 1:41.124

9: tissimo 1:42.510

10: hon1987 1:43.082

11: jav122678 1:43.236

12: toyotsupra 1:43.460

13: PipiR6 1:45.179

a full second faster again this week if we only could adjust the transmission from qualifying to race trim maybe i could get a pole

Cut me some slack, it's my first race, and to have to lead the pack in my first race with no experience with leading a start, I think I did fine.
If you had put it like this and acknowledged the erros then OK fine, settled....but instead...
I stopped weaving after turn 1, and even then it wasn't much weaving at all. Plus, I don't remember any sudden slowing down
Sounds like you're trying to insult everyone's intelligence. Here is you WEAVING AFTER turn 1 and unexpectedly braking from 70MPH down to 27MPH on the straight. You didn't stop until I warned you in text chat and told you to keep it at 55. Then on the main straight you accelerated from 55 to 80MPH (looked like a GO) and then got on the brakes which I believe is illegal, too (or is it?) Please don't make me post a video of that. Thankfully no accidents resulted but it was close.

When I said I stopped weaving after turn 1, I actually meant that it was after turn 1 where I stopped weaving. And I honestly don't see that as much of a sudden stop either. I know that my start wasn't perfect, at all, but I think you're exaggerating a bit.

If I ever get pole position again, i'll make sure to correct whatever I did wrong here, no doubt.

I was running great laps without drafting....and I only had to pit 1 time because of damage....my problem was the other 3 pit stops because of my tires lol ....
Yea and the start was a little screwy...it looked like everyone started going before the line, I guess because pole car went early and I was waiting for jepoks to go

Several incidents have been brought to the GTPFIA antention and are currently under investigation, the verdict will be anounced later tonight.

toyot and jav both where behind me after qualifying then to start the race they where both in front of me now im watching the replay and it is clear that somebody left the track during qualifying. just putting that out there

Just got back home from a damp and wet Oulton Park curcuit:) and i was wondering why the Nissans have the fastest race laps but not in qualifying?

I leftthe track (to pits) in several ocations to boot people, on every ocation I'd loose my time log. I don't think supra backed out to the lobby either, if he did I didn't catch it.

Just got back home from a damp and wet Oulton Park curcuit:) and i was wondering why the Nissans have the fastest race laps but not in qualifying?
Because they're really good at sneaking behind GT1 cars and running in their drafts for a whole lap. Of course you'd know that if you had watched the replay.

ultrap13
Because they're really good at sneaking behind GT1 cars and running in their drafts for a whole lap. Of course you'd know that if you had watched the replay.

Havnt yet hahha

smokedogg
I was running great laps without drafting....and I only had to pit 1 time because of damage....my problem was the other 3 pit stops because of my tires lol ....
Yea and the start was a little screwy...it looked like everyone started going before the line, I guess because pole car went early and I was waiting for jepoks to go

Sorry for holding you back at the start Smokedogg, that start was really unexpected. I think I lost track of my gearing because of the sudden acceleration then deceleration. I was anticipating the slow down just before the start that never happened.

It really helped! They were behind on the running for fast lap and on the closing stint they were able to get a good tow.

Last edited:
jepoks
Sorry for holding you back at the start Smokedogg, that start was really unexpected. I think I lost track of my gearing because of the sudden acceleration then deceleration. I was anticipating the slow down just before the start that never happened.

It's ok...after I hit the throttle to go I was kinda holding back for a little bit because I wasn't sure if it was an illegal overtake or not lol
Also,jav, should posi have come up behind me for the pace lap...I was waiting for him but he stayed back...I know the one time I missed qualifying I just moved in front of gt 2 to roll with gt 1

Also,jav, should posi have come up behind me for the pace lap...I was waiting for him but he stayed back...I know the one time I missed qualifying I just moved in front of gt 2 to roll with gt 1
Yeah Posi could've and should've moved up to the back of the GT1 field I think. With all the pace lap distractions I didn't realize he was behind the GT2 field until
there wasn't enough time to do anything about it.

Yes he should've moved up to GT1 but I guess that was my fault for not being aware of the situation, he lost a masive amount of time stuck behind us in GT2. I did not notice until the end of my 1st stint when I saw him coming up to me after I made a mistake exiting the second Lesmo. He could've easily gotten a podium finish.

Wont be here next weekend. Was really looking forward to monaco since last time it went horrible wrong. Any chance of bumping Le Mans to this sunday? Really dont want to miss monaco :(

:gtpflag: i thought Tissimo was running away with the championship never thought that i could catch him. it's a shootout to the championship now, with that R8 closing in we are in for a wild finish. good luck guys :gtpflag:

luckylefty2gunz
:gtpflag: i thought Tissimo was running away with the championship never thought that i could catch him. it's a shootout to the championship now, with that R8 closing in we are in for a wild finish. good luck guys :gtpflag:

I would be up there if not for the mistakes the corvette has the speed to win that's for sure.

I thought Tiss had dropped out of the race after our skirmish earlier on! He disappeared off my screen all together at one point! Damnit I thought a second place would have closed the gap for sure!

Back