GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Back from vacation, and ready for season 2!

I'll go with the most competition, GT2... looking at the Fairlady right now.

GTP: tissimo
Psn: tissimo
Class: GT2
Car: Fairlady Z
Car#:
Country/time zone: USA, Est.

I understand your frustrations.

However we have racers in WSGTC using sticks on Racing Hards with no aids.

Practice and you will get it.

In the end it's up to Jav though.

smokedogg
Is there anyone that's really against it being available???

Jav.
If we were allowed to use TCS, I'd leave it on one, if not no biggie.
I don't really care either way.

Yeah I get what you're saying Owens but some of us just aren't that serious in terms of being the damn best we can be with the DS3. I for one am just enjoying the racing and how much fun it was last season, with no TCS I'll just burn up my tires, get frustrated (especially at Nurb GP/F) and quit...

I agree Mitch...I think tcs should be available to everyone like last season...I only had a wheel for the last 2 races..and there is no way I would have even finished a race without it using my ds3 ...I mean the people that won races last year didn't use tcs anyway, so its not like its an advantage ...

Plus i think besides u and me Mitch, no one used it anyways...Is there anyone that's really against it being available???
Ok guys, I'll allow a max of TCS at 2.

Back from vacation, and ready for season 2!

I'll go with the most competition, GT2... looking at the Fairlady right now.

GTP: tissimo
Psn: tissimo
Car: Fairlady Z
Car#:
Country/time zone: USA, Est.
Thank you sir, with that we have a full GT2 field!

Yeah I get what you're saying Owens but some of us just aren't that serious in terms of being the damn best we can be with the DS3. I for one am just enjoying the racing and how much fun it was last season, with no TCS I'll just burn up my tires, get frustrated (especially at Nurb GP/F) and quit...
You bring up a good point Mitch, and that is the point of you finishing a race. Up to date you haven't finished a single race in this series, yes everyone has excuses, buts and what ifs I think you need to start focusing in doing so.

Yeah thats actually a terribly appalling stat and quite a shameful one too...I can state a variety of reasons (er maybe) but excuses are like arseholes, everyones got one.

MitchZ06
Yeah thats actually a terribly appalling stat and quite a shameful one too...I can state a variety of reasons (er maybe) but excuses are like arseholes, everyones got one.

Forgot the rest of the saying "and they usually stink"...

Yeah thought it was pretty obvious where it was heading tho tissimo, I think I actually only competed in one race last season tho, and sat that out after a couple of laps because I was basically (here we go) driving an unfamiliar car on an unfamiliar track with absolutely zero practice.

Hey jav...I just looked at the schedule and seeing that its pretty much the same as last year I was wondering if we can switch it up and put a different track in instead of one of the tracks listed...

I know how u like to use real world tracks but maybe you can throw in Rt.246 or deep forest raceway instead of laguna seca or something...idk...just a thought to spicein things up from last season...

smokedogg
I know how u like to use real world tracks but maybe you can throw in Rt.246 or deep forest raceway instead of laguna seca or something...idk...just a thought to spicein things up from last season...

No.
Maybe another real world track though...
Like Fuji.

Totally missed the new thread! Dang

Wanna test the Ford GT more.

Love to use the Vette but it just seems to pushy for me. Anyone got a tip to make this car rotate?

Be on asap

I was trying to figure that out all last season!

OwensRacing
Totally missed the new thread! Dang

Wanna test the Ford GT more.

Love to use the Vette but it just seems to pushy for me. Anyone got a tip to make this car rotate?

Be on asap

Missed this, but try to move the ballast back.
I found that that helped my RUF a lot.

Hey jav...I just looked at the schedule and seeing that its pretty much the same as last year I was wondering if we can switch it up and put a different track in instead of one of the tracks listed...

It can be done, in fact lets use Rt.246 on this Sunday's test session and see how it goes!
No.
Maybe another real world track though...
Like Fuji.
FujiGT will be on the schedule!

I was trying to figure that out all last season!
I got just the setup to do just that!

Missed this, but try to move the ballast back.
I found that that helped my RUF a lot.
It involves something like that!

gogatrs
Was out celebrating my compete sweep of poll, prefinal, and two finals karting IRL today. :D
Sorry I couldn't make it.
I'm probably going to be busy editing video from my brand-new GoPro, so I wont be on later either.

Well done buddy!

Post 4 updated with pre-season schedule and official championship dates.

No Ring. It stinks for racing. Good tine trial and fun drive. Just stinks for good racing. IMO

Tokyo is a great track. Prefer GV full though.

Agree with Owens. 👎 for Nurburgring. It's a time trial track. Too narrow for clean racing. Nurb GP/F is very good though.

ultrap13
Agree with Owens. 👎 for Nurburgring. It's a time trial track. Too narrow for clean racing. Nurb GP/F is very good though.

By that logic monaco should be struck off as well then.......

Oops. Let me fill out the form correctly. Sorry Jav.

1) GTP: stupidstormy36
Psn: stupidstormy36
Class: GT2 (Currently, may change)
Car: Corvette ZR1 RM (Currently, may change)
Car#: 32 (Currently, may change)
Country/time zone: US/EST (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Team: Velocima Motorsports (Logo image pending)

You guys crazy some of the best races i ever had in GT5 was on Nurb 24hr!

Edit: Think we need a poll for this one ;)

GTP: GrayFox32
Psn: GrayFox32
Car: Corvette ZR1 RM
Car#: 32
Country/time zone: USA/PST/GMT-7

Gonna have to stick to the reserve list.

ultrap13
Can't say I'd miss it.

Agreed.. Like it for it is short enough that you can pit if you wreck.

Ring. Not so much. If the ring had a few short cuts to the pit. Then yes make an ok race track.

On this discussion. I will race where Jav decides though.

Where's all the GT1 guys?

GTP: OwensRacing
Psn: OwensRacing
Class: GT1
Car: Ford GT or Viper
Car#:
Country/time zone: USA/EST(dst)

Oops. Let me fill out the form correctly. Sorry Jav.

1) GTP: stupidstormy36
Psn: stupidstormy36
Class: GT2 (Currently, may change)
Car: Corvette ZR1 RM (Currently, may change)
Car#: 32 (Currently, may change)
Country/time zone: US/EST (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Team: Velocima Motorsports (Logo image pending)

GTP: GrayFox32
Psn: GrayFox32
Car: Corvette ZR1 RM
Car#: 32
Country/time zone: USA/PST/GMT-7

Gonna have to stick to the reserve list.

You guys are cool! We may even do 10 GT2/6 GT1 cars! That way everyone can race where they want!
Agreed.. Like it for it is short enough that you can pit if you wreck.

Ring. Not so much. If the ring had a few short cuts to the pit. Then yes make an ok race track.

On this discussion. I will race where Jav decides though.

Where's all the GT1 guys?
Ohh I absolutely love N24, but the race spreads out too far, to the point where is not fun enough for most of the people. It can become a special round outside of the championship!

Back