GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Nah, i'd not gain much speed on Magzire until I reach the high revs in 6th. That extra 70hp really shows.

If I can rub some salt in the wound, I had to pit on lap 17 into 18 for a splash of fuel, so if you'd have stayed in race, you'd have had a great shot.... lol.

If I can rub some salt in the wound, I had to pit on lap 17 into 18 for a splash of fuel, so if you'd have stayed in race, you'd have had a great shot.... lol.

I forgot to mention.... I was a little annoyed with the blocking down the straight right before you went off into the first chicane.... it was a little bit ridiculous.

I forgot to mention.... I was a little annoyed with the blocking down the straight right before you went off into the first chicane.... it was a little bit ridiculous.

I know, i'm sorry. I just didn't know which way you were going, so didn't know which way to swerve. Thought you were going right, so pulled left, then you went left, and I saw that, and tried to react and go right, but that didn't work out well either, because, so did you :lol:

I know, i'm sorry. I just didn't know which way you were going, so didn't know which way to swerve. Thought you were going right, so pulled left, then you went left, and I saw that, and tried to react and go right, but that didn't work out well either, because, so did you :lol:

lol it's definitely no problem, I'm not upset at all, although I might've called you an idiot at the time hahaha

I can put that Lap of the Gods together in qualifying and take pole.
Having watched the replay (5/6 of your race laps dirty at Le Mans) I'm beginning to doubt any of your pole positions were legitimate.
Hoping to take yet another pole there, and if I don't run into unfortunate circumstances, a first ever victory would be very nice :D
This was amusing the first 2 times, now it just sounds like a broken record..broken record..:rolleyes:.

I WAS BEHIND MAGZ WHEN HE AVOIDED OWENS IN HIS DAMAGED VIPER. HAD IT NOT BEEN 4 MAGZ KICKING UP DIRT (as a warning ahead) I WOULD've RAN INTO OWENS VIPER. YIKES!!!!

luckylefty2gunz
i watched the replay and not only did you damage me on the straight. you also crashed me and cost me a championship i will be looking for you on track in this and any other series that we are in you are a disgrace of a driver i wish i could see you in the streets you P.O.S

Well from my point of view I was just on the left hand side of the track I gave you enough room to pass and then all of a sudden you banged into me a few times I went of as a result so do you I believe causing massive damage as a result which wrecked my chances of a strong result. I think that's the 2nd time you have done that to me the 1st time was in WSGTC I believe or maybe you forgot?

Edit: I will be watching every time I get near you or along side you.

That's why you just follow someone down the back straight.. Just the smallest bit if lag causes a huge mess... I practically had to stop cause all I saw was smoke and supras name in the middle of the track.. After the smoke cleared he was sideways across the track and had to go off track to avoid. Luckily I didn't hit the wall or anything. Lost a good 20-30 seconds to hon though.

tissimo
That's why you just follow someone down the back straight.. Just the smallest bit if lag causes a huge mess... I practically had to stop cause all I saw was smoke and supras name in the middle of the track.. After the smoke cleared he was sideways across the track and had to go off track to avoid. Luckily I didn't hit the wall or anything. Lost a good 20-30 seconds to hon though.

^This

I hate it when people go Dan Dare on this track. Theres plenty of places to over take in an 18 lap race, surely it was fool hardy to be trying such a risky move in such as risky place?

This is the video. My own judgement is it's a pointless move given it's the first lap, but just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems more lucky was at fault with initial contact trying to go around partially on the grass...toyotasupra only moved over once he knew lucky was there by the looks and it seems that the Nissan got a bit loose from going onto the grass. The contact after that though is totally unwarranted and basically cost toyotasupra more than it cost lucky. Still, stupidity personified in that video 👎

pfft. that clk gets it done on the straight and in the corners...

I got the my hands on the CLK first time the other day. Blows my bimmer away in very department. Viper isnt my worry any more ;)

Nah, i'd not gain much speed on Magzire until I reach the high revs in 6th. That extra 70hp really shows.

The clk has better top end, the only reason i was able to stay close was the crazy slip streaming. Lost 1 sec alone in qualy on the two main straights.

meh

hon1987
^This

I hate it when people go Dan Dare on this track. Theres plenty of places to over take in an 18 lap race, surely it was fool hardy to be trying such a risky move in such as risky place?

Yeah lucky tried to overtake me that's when it all happened

This is a crap, lol, just bad luck for me.

this is a video with a low quality, later when i get home try to make one better.

pipi_r6
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_EQCX6GYgM">YouTube Link</a>

this is a video with a low quality, later when i get home try to make one better.

Wtf he almost went through you lol that's what you call bad lag unlucky mate tho

Wowzers, that's horrible luck!

I wish I could take that corner that quick in the R8!

Seems more lucky was at fault with initial contact trying to go around partially on the grass...toyotasupra only moved over once he knew lucky was there by the looks and it seems that the Nissan got a bit loose from going onto the grass. The contact after that though is totally unwarranted and basically cost toyotasupra more than it cost lucky. Still, stupidity personified in that video 👎

Atleast someone agrees with me 👍

Peter
The BMW has strong acceleration but the CLK has the top speed advantage over the other cars.
gt1test.png

The clk has better top end, the only reason i was able to stay close was the crazy slip streaming. Lost 1 sec alone in qualy on the two main straights.
The CLK was the car to have at Le Mans. Add the numerous track cuts by all the CLKs involved and you've got a sure winner on-track (or should I say off-track).

The BMW has strong acceleration but the CLK has the top speed advantage over the other cars.
gt1test.png

The CLK was the car to have at Le Mans. Add the numerous track cuts by all the CLKs involved and you've got a sure winner on-track (or should I say off-track).

Nice excuses, I drove like a freakin choirboy. I love it when people who are good (you) feel the need to be sore losers instead of being graceful.

You're a good driver whose car happened to be outmatched. But I never gained a tenth by cutting the track. Did I slide wide a few times over 17 laps? Yes. Did I let off the throttle for a seco d or three every time so as to not be abusive? Yes.

Lets not forget that the Clk-GTR was dominant and wrecked havoc on FIA Gt back in the 90's. but i dont tdoubt that there was cuitting involved by the clk drivers. ive experienced racing with them both.

Lets not forget that the Clk-GTR was dominant and wrecked havoc on FIA Gt back in the 90's. but i dont tdoubt that there was cuitting involved by the clk drivers. ive experienced racing with them both.

Cute.

Remember when you wrecked me at Suzuka and Razor at La Sarthe, both intentionally?

👍

Nice excuses, I drove like a freakin choirboy. I love it when people who are good (you) feel the need to be sore losers instead of being graceful.

You're a good driver whose car happened to be outmatched. But I never gained a tenth by cutting the track. Did I slide wide a few times over 17 laps? Yes.

Typical response for an exposed dirty driver. Let's see just how dirty. jakegirard cut track at least 19 times in just 17 race laps not counting instances when time was clearly lost/accident avoided/forced off track. Abused Dunlop chicane exit 8 times. Abused Porsche curves exit 6 times (see any patterns yet?), ran wide at Tetre twice, cut the last Ford chicane once and the 2nd Mulsanne chicane (Florand) once. All 4 wheels were clearly off track each time...big time.
F2R7j.GIF

Did I let off the throttle for a seco d or three every time so as to not be abusive?
Not once. A handful of random errors causing a driver to go off-track are inevitable. Repeated abuse of track limits to gain time/save tires is a whole other issue. Sad really. You were looking pretty quick on the handful of clean laps you managed, albeit a few secs slower than the dirty laps. You cheated yourself.

Last edited:

Pipi_R6, this is horrible luck. Really sloppy programming by Polyphony 👎 Lagging cars should just link out or ghost. Who was lagging?

Typical response for an exposed dirty driver. Let's see just how dirty. jakegirard cut track at least 19 times in just 17 race laps not counting instances when time was clearly lost/accident avoided/forced off track. Abused Dunlop chicane exit 8 times. Abused Porsche curves exit 6 times (see any patterns yet?), ran wide at Tetre twice, cut the last Ford chicane once and the 2nd Mulsanne chicane (Florand) once. All 4 wheels were clearly off track each time...big time.
F2R7j.GIF

Not once. A handful of random errors causing a driver to go off-track are inevitable. Repeated abuse of track limits to gain time/save tires is a whole other issue. Sad really. You were looking pretty quick on the handful of clean laps you managed, albeit a few secs slower than the dirty laps. You cheated yourself.

(removed by mod), and an obsessed, time wasting one at that. Lets ask this question, did I race differently in your opinion the last 12 laps than I did the first 8 or so?

If I was driving so abusively, then why did NOBODY I RACED AROUND HAVE A WORD TO SAY ABOUT IT? Not one word.

I raced within 5 car lengths of PJ and Magsire for the entire first run, using less runoff than either (Not that they were driving dirty, they weren't).

I also raced around lap cars for almost every lap thereafter minus somewhere around 4 laps.

None of them had a negative or cautionary word to say to me. Between the entire GT2 field, and the other two fastest GT1 cars.

The only person with a word to say to me about my driving is the guy who's used to cleaning up in this series, and got crushed at a particular track where his car/driving aren't quite up to speed.

Before my inexperience with these cars forced me to make a 2nd pit stop for extra fuel, I had you by what, 80 seconds?

Do you think I made up 80 seconds by whatever supposed cutting I did? If so, claim yourself as the clean 2nd place, and I'm sure if you scrutinize Posi's entire hour long replay you'll find a 10 second penalty in there to declare yourself winner.

Well played, Champ. 👍

Edit: Any further response from me won't be forthcoming, I'm done wasting my time on a disgruntled keyboard warrior. Have a nice day, and great racing to those who I actually raced. If any of you, who actually raced with me or were lapped as a GT2 car and saw my line while you followed in my draft, think I was cheating, please let me know. I'd like to hear an unbiased opinion from an adult.

jakegirard
Removed by mod.
Real classy. Double spacing garbage doesn't change the facts. I wish we could get a clean fast driver like R1600Turbo back. I loved racing with him and losing due to his skills as opposed to cheating tactics demonstrated by jakegirard.

I raced with jakegirard up to 8th lap. I didnt see him cut once or affect his position from it. Gave plenty of room. He stayed in 3rd playing it safe while pj and i battled. Didn't try any harsh moves. Either way jakegirard is a great driver for this series.

I raced with jakegirard up to 8th lap. I didnt see him cut once or affect his position from it. Gave plenty of room. He stayed in 3rd playing it safe while pj and i battled. Didn't try any harsh moves. Either way jakegirard is a great driver for this series.

Thanks man. To be fair I had that luxury because my car was performing so well. In the M3 you wipe the floor with me and I know it, lol.

Lol, I've never seen anyone be so scrutinized when they beaten someone before.. Oh wait, last time PJ raced in GT1 as well!

LOL @ the video hon, you're lucky you have a mid engine. The slightest tap in the front and the Nissan gets engine damage.

Lol, I've never seen anyone be so scrutinized when they beaten someone before.. Oh wait, last time PJ raced in GT1 as well!

LOL @ the video hon, you're lucky you have a mid engine. The slightest tap in the front and the Nissan gets engine damage.

Tiss you cheating dirty rat!!!! You used super durable tires at Indy Road!!!!!! Only explanation of how the great jakegirard could have lost!!!!!!111

Back