GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Lol, I've never seen anyone be so scrutinized when they beaten someone before.. Oh wait, last time PJ raced in GT1 as well!
It's not about finishing position. When PJ got DQ'd he finished 4th on track but still was reported by multiple drivers for cutting.

The on-track rule violation report wasn't made for just one driver. I watched all GT1 drivers in the critical areas including myself. It is quite interesting to see the stats side by side. And I only watched the replay once (with a lot of pausing). I will not post the entire report publicly but I will say that 3 GT1 drivers had fewer than 5 violations each (random errors) while the other 3 drivers had 15 or more violations each (pattern of cutting). PJ disconnected after 6 race laps with 7 violations.

EDIT:I take the time to create this report at Monza and LeMans because at these tracks the opportunities for gaining time by cutting are huge.

Those that passed by my Viper when it was possessed. So sorry to be swerving. That was me knowing you guys coming and trying to maintain a lane.

This was by far thee worst driving damage I have taken. Completely my own fault. However I save a car killing crash and took left rear damage at Indy. The. Tagged right from loosenss. Actually hoped it would come away driving some what straight. Nope. Over 50 mph it started a violent sway. Touch the throttle and it was like ice with auto swerve. Embarrassing as I see you guys go by and I couldn't hold the car straight. :(

So after the some reviews, I think people should show some honesty and post up their corner/track cuts. I made a couple. However purely accidentally and I try my hardest to remain clean. Sometimes old tires will cause you to push out past a rubble strip. However these are obvious when a person rolls off gas till car comes back on track.

Peter, I had passed you the last two races right before you quit.

Honestly man both appeared you quit cause of losing. I can't judge outside what I seen. However I gotta take your word on it.

Last edited:
If Jake is gonna call Atlas names and whine like a stuck pig over getting called out for cheating. And cutting or over running is cheating. Then he needs to step back and realize he is the problem.

I drove really hard to avoid cheating. Could I if gone faster with less regard to the rules. Heck yea. However integrity, class, and respect keep me with in the lines. I know on worn tires I scooted wide buy off the gas till she came back in. Being clean should be number one priority.

As well name calling is completely and utterly unexceptable.

Atlas, I for respect the fact you take time to check replays. I would do the same if time allowed.

Atlas is known as a whistler blower. If you don't want caught cheating then I suggest not doing so in race he is involved.

Disgusted by the tact and on track per sauna some are putting out.

jakegirard
Tiss you cheating dirty rat!!!! You used super durable tires at Indy Road!!!!!! Only explanation of how the great jakegirard could have lost!!!!!!111

Because you didn't cut!!! :sly:

Touch the throttle and it was like ice with auto swerve. Embarrassing as I see you guys go by and I couldn't hold the car straight. :(
Man I was holding my breath going by. I could see you fighting to keep the thing pointed straight and losing the fight. Happened to me last season at Monza. I was pausing the game in the corners to let the autopilot help me get through. The Viper seems to be really vulnerable to rear end wheel damage especially when hit from the side.

Peter, I had passed you the last two races right before you quit.
In Peter's defense I do believe it was his PS3 that quit this time, his car slowed and steered straight into the wall even before I passed him.

tissimo
Running wide out of turn 4 can be considered a cut.....

I always thought cutting corners was shortening the track? Using run off for more exit speed lengthens the track for that given driver? I don't know! I must admit I was borderline legal with cornering a few times last night. Bar the horrendous vibration, the R8 was pretty easy to drive even with the damage!

jakegirard,
Quit the personal insults please.

ultrap13,
It's always best to take disputes like these to PM. We don't particularly like to see one of our members (whomever they are) hung drawn and quartered in the public forum over alleged cheating or dirty play.

Having watched the replay (5/6 of your race laps dirty at Le Mans) I'm beginning to doubt any of your pole positions were legitimate.

This was amusing the first 2 times, now it just sounds like a broken record..broken record..:rolleyes:.

Really? I will not for a second say that I didn't get messy yesterday at all, but who didn't? Plus, 5 out of 6 dirty laps? How? When? Listen, after what happened at Monza, the last thing I'd want me to do is cut any corners. After Jav's warning before the race that any dirty driving will be penalized, I took extra care to stay within the legal limits of the track. I don't know how it looks on your side, and it might look different due to the connection differences, but I don't remember 5 out of my 6 laps being dirty.

Really? I will not for a second say that I didn't get messy yesterday at all, but who didn't? Plus, 5 out of 6 dirty laps? How? When? Listen, after what happened at Monza, the last thing I'd want me to do is cut any corners. After Jav's warning before the race that any dirty driving will be penalized, I took extra care to stay within the legal limits of the track. I don't know how it looks on your side, and it might look different due to the connection differences, but I don't remember 5 out of my 6 laps being dirty.
You were super clean through the Dunlop chicane and the final Ford chicane. Looked like you focused on those so kudos for that 👍. I counted 3 instances of pushing too fast and wide out of the Porsche curves and 2 instances in Tetre Rouge. I doubt it was a replay issue, playback was smooth. Below is a screenshot of the Porsche curves exit with you car way beyond track limits. The 2 cars behind you are running cleanly on this particular lap. I didn't take pictures of Tetre Rouge but it was similar. I understand that you were pushing hard trying to break from the other 2 cars but it was beyond track limits in those 2 spots.

F2R7por.jpg

I don't really want to get into this but I did that a couple times because of worn tires. I tried not to do it because I don't know if this series counts going wide there as "cutting" but in real life that is perfectly legal coming out of the Porsche Curves.

Sephy
I don't really want to get into this but I did that a couple times because of worn tires. I tried not to do it because I don't know if this series counts going wide there as "cutting" but in real life that is perfectly legal coming out of the Porsche Curves.

Me too on this one. In fact most if not all my laps had me going over this kerb and the inside kerb on the next left hander. Wasn't aware this was cheating, but if examples are to be made, I'll bite the bullet

Me too on this one. In fact most if not all my laps had me going over this kerb and the inside kerb on the next left hander. Wasn't aware this was cheating, but if examples are to be made, I'll bite the bullet
You can ride ON the rumble strip. As long as 2 wheels are still on the rumblestrip even while the other 2 are outside it you're OK. But when all 4 wheels are on the wrong side of the rumblestrip (as pictured) that's beyond track limits (just like in any other chicane or corner). At least that's my understanding. Consistent with OLR and Jav's OP.

You can ride ON the rumble strip. As long as 2 wheels are still on the rumblestrip even while the other 2 are outside it you're OK. But when all 4 wheels are on the wrong side of the rumblestrip (as pictured) that's beyond track limits. At least that's my understanding. Consistent with OLR and Jav's OP.

did u watch le mans this year... all cars used this line... mainly peugot lol :P
or monza?

Atlas and I run the WSGTC where things are very very strict in regards to track limits. Please note this when you read our posts.

Basically it boils down to the drivers efforts in being clean. On the exit shown. I had hot the brakes as well not touched the gas to be sure and catch the curb and not run over. You do indeed gain time by running it wide considering other drivers would be off the throttle trying to pull car back into a clean zone.

If we get this discussion ironed out we could eliminate these issues. Just gotta get everyone on the same page if you will.

Jav will have to come in and straighten it up. However recall JPZer one very clean and fast driver taking his penalties from Monza like a man. He had no intentions on cutting. What happen was he used to one car width and time after time he was just inside or out the curb. He admitted his fault and agreed with the ruling. Rules are rules.

So prior to this race we need to have set in stone what is considered off track. There is one turn exit I know people love running wide. Some pics or vids may help to show what's expected and not accepted.

Atlas and I run the WSGTC where things are very very strict in regards to track limits. Please note this when you read our posts.

Basically it boils down to the drivers efforts in being clean. On the exit shown. I had hot the brakes as well not touched the gas to be sure and catch the curb and not run over. You do indeed gain time by running it wide considering other drivers would be off the throttle trying to pull car back into a clean zone.

If we get this discussion ironed out we could eliminate these issues. Just gotta get everyone on the same page if you will.

Jav will have to come in and straighten it up. However recall JPZer one very clean and fast driver taking his penalties from Monza like a man. He had no intentions on cutting. What happen was he used to one cat width and time after time he was just inside or out the curb. He admitted his fault and agreed with the ruling. Rules are rules.

So prior to this race we need to have set in stone what is considered off track. There is one turn exit I know people love running wide. Some pics or vids may help to show what's expected and not accepted.
👍👍👍
What OwensRacing says. Going wide you can just go flat out instead of braking and turning tight, gaining time and saving tires in the process.

I distinctly remember Jav stressing to keep it between the curbs pre-race. If going wide out of Porsche is acceptable then I wish I had known that, there's about 1 second/lap in there.

👍👍👍
What OwensRacing says. Going wide you can just go flat out instead of braking and turning tight, gaining time and saving tires in the process.

I distinctly remember Jav stressing to keep it between the curbs pre-race. If going wide out of Porsche is acceptable then I wish I had known that, there's about 1 second/lap in there.

You gain zero discernible time going wide there, but I tried not to anyway, not because it would be a penalty irl (it wouldn't) but bc I was unclear of what is frowned upon in this series.

A second a lap? Come on, lets be real.

They're all right. You only end up over there if you take the wrong line into the last part of the Porsche curves, which loses you some time.

And even if you consider it an illegal off, watch parts of this year's Le Mans. A lot of cars went wide there, if not all of them. No one ran into trouble from going wide there.

Well I just watched some 2011 Le Mans highlights and not only wasn't anyone going wide at the Porsche curves exit but the pavement beyond the rumblestrip was painted GREEN clearly indicating it was considered off-track territory. Notice how everyone is keeping 2 wheels on or inside the rumblestrip.

Scroll to 3:45

Scroll to 0:51

Last edited:
Those are 2 laps out of hundreds. I'm not gonig to tell you to watch the entire thing over and look out for that, that would be silly, but i'm saying, it was done.

Peter.
Those are 2 laps out of hundreds. I'm not gonig to tell you to watch the entire thing over and look out for that, that would be silly, but i'm saying, it was done.

The catch here is OLR from the original post. These are not allowed. /end My point is the rules are set and no disputing them really. You can have an opinion however just do so with respect to the rules that are and have been used and enforced. :)

Now where are we next? I gotta find some speed. My viper for some reason was down on mph again. 195-196 top speed I could go with RPM left. I got two things to try. One involved ticket cycling till I get number 91 Viper. I assume gearing will be the difference. That I can check easy.

OwensRacing
The catch here is OLR from the original post. These are not allowed. /end My point is the rules are set and no disputing them really. You can have an opinion however just do so with respect to the rules that are and have been used and enforced. :)

Now where are we next? I gotta find some speed. My viper for some reason was down on mph again. 195-196 top speed I could go with RPM left. I got two things to try. One involved ticket cycling till I get number 91 Viper. I assume gearing will be the difference. That I can check easy.

Nurgburgring GP F curcuit 👍

Last edited:
Back