GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
track boundaries and car performance are two different animals. Theyre are no restrictions on what you can do to the car as long as you dont exceed the hp and weight limits.

Staying on the track on the other hand is a matter of integrity. in addition integrity is not something that Jav can govern. Integrity comes from within oneself. if you want it, its there to take. If you don't oh well..youll have to be hanged drawn and quartered lololol

If you blatantly cut to try to gain time then I can see your comment being interjected into the conversation. But the comments on the discussion we're having is meant to attack a person, or simply an arrogant comment. Even PJ's picture of his 'cut' doesn't warrant a comment like that imo. Simply ran wide on exits going to fast pushing hard, minor mistakes (or a misunderstanding on his part thinking it was legal).

Or if its just a generalized arrogant statement, its the same thing as the HP analogy. You're running within the limits of the OLR (again as I see it, I could be completely off base, but even ultrap13 seems to agree based on his posts), and not exceeding the limits. Now a minor mistake putting you a 1/4 car length out of being legal because you're pushing such a bad thing? It should adderssed, but not in the attacking condescending manor that has taken place in this thread.

Or if its just a generalized arrogant statement, its the same thing as the HP analogy. You're running within the limits of the OLR (again as I see it, I could be completely off base, but even ultrap13 seems to agree based on his posts), and not exceeding the limits. Now a minor mistake putting you a 1/4 car length out of being legal because you're pushing such a bad thing? It should adderssed, but not in the attacking condescending manor that has taken place in this thread.

well when youve raced with certain people for a while on different tracks in different series and the subject of that person corner cutting appears every single time...you know theres something more to it.

Guys is time to move on and leave this behind, it was simply another race where some infractions were comited, they are being adressed and a ruling will be announced. Now just let it go and let's move on to the last race of the season.

well when youve raced with certain people for a while on different tracks in different series and the subject of that person corner cutting appears every single time...you know theres something more to it.

Jav I hope you don't mind me taking one last post to just respond succinctly to this smug accusation. I race in one other series, Bermudakid's Lmp series, and have never once been accused of corner cutting. Tissimo can vouch for this, as I believe he has raced in every event in that series that I have.

Last edited:
You're welcome to use the 30mph autopilot any time buddy. You might learn a thing or 3. He respects track limits.

I'm watching the race from my pov now, on lap 6. Only lap 3 at Dunlop was anything at all off limits, and not by much. Certainly not intentional.

I see you have me violating 3 times next lap. Hmm couldn't be my tires went off and I had to adjust could it? By the way, qualifying was my first laps ever in this car. Never drove it on old tires before, never drove it before period. Consider that in multiple areas.

Lap 7: Your call on Tetre is Bologna. Porsche exit is borderline but to call it a cut it way excessive. Ford I clearly overdrove it in, slowed the car way down and turned almost a 90 degree angle back on track, hardly gaining time, lost a ton of time there.

Edit: I watched the 2nd half of the race in chase view on Ultra's car. I am NOT condemning the way he drove his race. What I am doing is defining his driving by his own rules.

He put 4 tires off at Dunlop at lap 11,12,13,14,and 16. He put 4 tires off at Tetre, laps 9,10, 17 and 18.
He put 4 tires across the white lines on the exits of both chicanes along the main straightway almost every lap I watched. There was a blatant cut across chicane #1 at lap 11, and again slightly less so at lap 15. There was only one time running wide at Porsche exit, lap 13. There were numerous borderline (by my definition, I'm sure he'd have crucified me) Ford chicane cuts (laps 15-end.)

I omitted several times where he slowed down to put himself right, which is fine.

I'm in awe, as I truly thought he drove super rigidly inside the lines, and thus had some ground to point a finger, but I've been proven wrong. I don't think Ultra set out to cheat, or did cheat, any more than I think that I did. But by his own definitions, I can at least say that this is clearly a case of Pot, meet Kettle.

Jav, I'm truly sorry to have spent another page on this, but I felt like my driving was really attacked here ("dirty cheating tactics" etc.), and I think I managed to make a reply without flaming or attacking anyone.

Last edited:
jakegirard seems genuinely confused about where the track limits are. 90% of his claims are unfounded and/or completely false. Hopefully the Nurb/F pictures I posted on page 69 will help in that regard.
He put 4 tires across the white lines on the exits of both chicanes along the main straightway almost every lap I watched.
The maze of white lines on Mulsanne straight is for city traffic. Racetrack here is defined as "between rumble strips", this was discussed. My line thru there was inside the rumble strips which is perfectly within track limits.
He put 4 tires off at Dunlop at lap 11,12,13,14,and 16. He put 4 tires off at Tetre, laps 9,10, 17 and 18.
Dunlop on laps 11,13,16 TEXTBOOK CLEAN in my replay, WTH are you talking about??? Lap 14 I spun, put the brakes on and returned to track. Lap 12 marginally off due to fishtail. I did run wide at Tetre twice (not 4 times) and I reported myself for doing so.

Atlas LAP 11 TEXTBOOK CLEAN - where are those 4 wheels off-track you're claiming??? Mind you Rumble strip is part of track. Etc, etc, etc...

Last edited:
Jav
Guys is time to move on and leave this behind, it was simply another race where some infractions were committed, they are being addressed and a ruling will be announced. Now just let it go and let's move on to the last race of the season.

Anybody going to actually stop this pissing match and follow Jav's lead or are we going to need a mod to step in? Cmon guys, just get over it already....

Anybody going to actually stop this pissing match and follow Jav's lead or are we going to need a mod to step in? Cmon guys, just get over it already....
Mitch wasn't it your idea to show pictures and videos of where track limits are in order to prevent controversies like this in the future? That's what I've been trying to do starting with page 69. Pictures and videos showing track limits. What's wrong with that?

No, that's not what I'm talking about (nor meant...I was talking about showing a video or pics of acceptable lines before each race, not discussion now...)

It's the 'he said she said' crap that's still going on after Jav asked it to stop. It's just needless arguing that's wasting pages of this thread for no reason, get stuck with a penalty? Deal with it.

Well you really wanna know what happened in this thread.....were all talking about PJ-JM and Jakegirard just decides to jump in. Nobodies talking about you Jake so please dont get offended You were not the topic of this discussion on the first place. glad its all over now.

Last edited:
Come on fellas, it's time to put an end this and look forward to the season finale! Arguably the best track too! GPF!

Since true blood is over and the giants game is Monday, I'm good for 2 hours...
Maybe go double points ;)

noooooooooooooooooo tara's gone what will we do , glad i dvr'd the entire season at least we have boardwalk empire.... and again go COWBOYS

We can definitely do 2hrs, I'd like to see everyone's take on this before making it official.

Wait, theres no race this weekend? A week off till the next race?
Good eye! According to the OP there is no race this week. Say it isn't so!

How about two 1hr races with the 2nd race starting in reverse finishing order? I'm OK with a 2hr enduro, too.

ultrap13
Good eye! According to the OP there is no race this week. Say it isn't so!

How about two 1hr races with the 2nd race starting in reverse finishing order? I'm OK with a 2hr enduro, too.

So GT1 starts behind GT2? ;)

hon1987
So GT1 starts behind GT2? ;)

I like the sound of that...maybe we can do high speed ring, grand valley, or SS 5 for the 2nd race...a track we haven't done any of these 2 seasons would be cool...

And jav, if u do decide to do 2 races, don't tell anyone what the 2nd track is till qualifying for it ;)

Definitely a typo, sorry about that guys! For a 2hr race GT2 would go arround twice and start the pace lap behind GT1.

Jav
Definitely a typo, sorry about that guys! For a 2hr race GT2 would go arround twice and start the pace lap behind GT1.

Were are the points and update mate?

Back