GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
If you start the actual race relatively later, I'll be there.
Can we start at 8:30 PLEASE!?!?

2 hours would be awesome!
I might have to track down a teammate in the Ford GT for this one assuming it starts a little later. :sly:

I was thinking starting earlier, like an hour earlier, since some may not be able to finish an hour later.

Please, not to late, because in Portugal the race finish at 2:30 am, this means
with 2 hours race i the race finish at 3:30 am, and i have to work in next day at 9 am. lol

Jav
Definitely a typo, sorry about that guys! For a 2hr race GT2 would go arround twice and start the pace lap behind GT1.

So the race is this weekend?

I say stick with the hour race, as I can't do an hour earlier, and an hour later would be a bit late. I work at 6am.

tissimo
So the race is this weekend?

I say stick with the hour race, as I can't do an hour earlier, and an hour later would be a bit late. I work at 6am.

Start on time and split the diff and do 1.5 hrs race. :)

luckylefty2gunz
:grumpy:it don't matter to me i only have one propose this week can't win a championship might as well get some revenge:ouch:

By that you mean beating someone cleanly and take their points away for said position.

They're done but I couldn't upload because my service was down. I'll upload tonight as soon as I get home!
On GT2 with just 1 race to go the fight for the title is still alive with tissimo leading hon and Lucky by 11 points and with 19 points up for grabs and a 1.5hr race anything can happen!!
On GT1 it's looking like the fight is for 2nd place between Owens and Magz with a chance of taking the championship from Atlas's hands!

Jav
They're done but I couldn't upload because my service was down. I'll upload tonight as soon as I get home!
On GT2 with just 1 race to go the fight for the title is still alive with tissimo leading hon and Lucky by 11 points and with 19 points up for grabs and a 1.5hr race anything can happen!!
On GT1 it's looking like the fight is for 2nd place between Owens and Magz with a chance of taking the championship from Atlas's hands!

Is the race still on Sunday Jav?

If we start any earlier than normal, you can DEFINITELY count me out, if we start on time, it's a maybe, if we start later I'm there for sure.

gogatrs
If we start any earlier than normal, you can DEFINITELY count me out, if we start on time, it's a maybe, if we start later I'm there for sure.

It will be normal for sure.

Worse case we are 15 ish late getting the green flag.

Love to see you back in on the last race. You are good clean driver. Drivers like that are an asset to any series.

I second Owens' premise, gator is a cool dude and a clean driver. I am happy to see him back in action and would be willing to even put race start back an hour or whatever he needs to make it feasible for him and everyone else. Also, Jav, I would like to thank you for keeping this motley bunch of folks together for so long. For the most part, the feasibility and seriousness of leagues depends on the leagues' leader. This league has had the best mix of good qualities and seriousness that I have found. Not to get sentimental, but I would race with any one of the regulars here, any day, and this is testament to your leadership. <<<< I have been meaning to say this for a while now so again, thanks guys! See you this weekend!

Posi, I am in for a lil later to get gator in the last race!

Jav def runs a good league!

Haha, thanks guys.
But if anyone else can't make it due to pushing it back, you don't need to do that.
15-30 at the MOST.
For all I know I could be there on time.
My family eats dinner at the oddest hours lol.

EDIT: We should all spam T Ray until he shows up. :P

After much evaluation of the ofenses presented to the GTPFIA it was determined a 2 minute penalty is in order for Jakegirard and Posiloan for abusing track limits. Results and championship standings updated on post #4.

Last edited:
Jav
After much evaluation of the ofenses presented to the GTPFIA it was determined a 2 minute penalty is in order for Jakegirard and Posiloan for abusing track limits. Results and championship standings updated on post #4.

Forgive me me if I keep GTPFIA winner in my sig, LOL

Jav

Your telling me no penalties for lucky for what he did to me in the last race????

Your telling me no penalties for lucky for what he did to me in the last race????

you should be the one receiving the penalties first you hit me on the straightaway trying to pass causing damage that is 1 penalty then a double move to block me which caused me to put two wheels off and thats when we made contact if that doesn't constitute any penalties then we will have to settle in a different way. obviously i was the faster car pole and fastest lap i hope they fix this overpowered draft so slow drivers don't have that crazy unrealalistic draft to help them catch up.
i have watched the replay three times and have received messages from other drivers saying the same thing.

Last edited:
luckylefty2gunz
you should be the one receiving the penalties first you hit me on the straightaway trying to pass causing damage that is 1 penalty then a double move to block me which caused me to put two wheels off and thats when we made contact if that doesn't constitute any penalties then we will have to settle in a different way. obviously i was the faster car pole and fastest lap i hope they fix this overpowered draft so slow drivers don't have that crazy unrealalistic draft to help them catch up.
i have watched the replay three times and have received messages from other drivers saying the same thing.

You shouldn't have tried to overtake me in that area were it's narrow and secondly I think you tried to take me out on the last few laps its only a game next time I'll leave double room if you wish so?

toyotsupra
You shouldn't have tried to overtake me in that area were it's narrow and secondly I think you tried to take me out on the last few laps its only a game next time I'll leave double room if you wish so?

Who said I'm slow driver not me we both are fast racers don't you agree that's why we qualified 1and2 on the day.

In hindsight lucky.......Overtaking on the Indianapolis straight is notoriously difficult especially if the person being passed stays in the middle of the road. And for someone who had championship aspirations it was a move that 100% risky.

heres a little trick i learned. La Sarthe has 3 mulsannes straights and 1 indianapolis straight. In order to actaully pull away from someone with the idiotic draft system in place you MUST let them pass you on the 2nd Mulsanne. Then you simply draft past them on the third mulssane. Then simply drive down the middle of the road on Indianapolis and it is impossible for the person to pass you back if you do that. Now your leading them into indinapolis corner and arnage and the porsche curves where you can make a gap where theyll suffer from the aerodynamic wash of your car. now they cant draft you on the first mulsanne stright and youve pulled away

See thats smarts at La Sarthe. I do it all the time.

Then simply drive down the middle of the road on Indianapolis and it is impossible for the person to pass you back if you do that. Now your leading them into indinapolis corner and arnage and the porsche curves where you can make a gap where theyll suffer from the aerodynamic wash of your car.
See thats smarts at La Sarthe. I do it all the time.
This stragegy works and it's within the rules but I have to say I absolutely hated when you did that to me last season! I had an itch to pass you with 2 wheels on the grass on the Indianapolis straight but almost gave myself a heartattack when I tried it. That said I would go for it on the last lap every time.

Latest Posts

Back