GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
Really Sucky Old Dad? Well first you get him some beer, and get him to stop posting on the forums and racing in this series :sly:

Sorry T_ray but I had to :P but in all honesty I've got no idea gatrs.

Called Sony.
$100 for a 4-6 week repair not including tax or shipping and handling.
Which there's no way in hell I'm doing.

I'm calling Gamestop now to see what I can get for it.
Hopefully I can salvage the hard drive so I dot lose all my gamesaves. :scared:
My last backup was from three weeks ago, so I shouldn't be in too much trouble if that's the case.

Ahhhhh.
Gamestop doesn't take PS3s unless they can get to the XMB.
But they're advertising XBoxes for $99, the same price as the repair. Forza is calling. :(

Looks like I have a very important decision to make...

Jav I might be racing this weekend if all goes well. Is GT1 full now? If so could I run GT2 with the Citroën?

gogatrs
Ahhhhh.
But they're advertising XBoxes for $99, the same price as the repair. Forza is calling. :(

If you like the boat your in now. Buy a XBOX. You will be doing this again in short order and again and again.

Word of advice. Get the extended warranty. I've had my phat PS3 replaced twice. Second time they gave me a slim. No more phats in the shelves. Sams Club! No hassles. Go in show receipt and warranty info. Explain problem. They bring brand new one up front. I sign and go home and play.

Also the PS Plus has online back up. I use this every night when I close down.

I didn't get the warranty with my wheel. Regretfully so but it was a limited market. As well manufacturer has 1yr. New items coming by then. So she breaks I buy latest and greatest.

Gator, did you google search this? I do believe you can reset the laser by holding the eject button down for a long time.

I'd give a shot at the common fixes before giving up. :) best of luck, if you lived closer I'd give you a job for two weeks so you could buy one. Hahaha

gogatrs
Ahhhhh.

U cant salvage anything off the hdd, unless you are in the xmb. The HDD is encrypted by that ps3 for that ps3 so you can't just plug and play like you would a memory card in the old days. If sony repair it you don't get your playstation back, just a refurb so all data is lost if you don't repair it some way. Look up YLOD repairs for your area and you can get it temporarily fixed for 50-100$, then sell on the ps3 or keep it as a spare.My recomendation would be to get a bew slim PS3. YLODs are less frequent on the newer models and you can always extend the warranty for a nominal fee.

R1600Turbo
I have a 60GB phatty I've have for years, still works great. *knocks on wood*

Basically same for me.
Until now. :(
I've not given up yet.
No way will I survive a month and a half without gran Turismo.
Just not possible.
And no way will I give Sony $100 to fix something I can most likely fix myself.

But if I lost all my data, then we'll have issues. *growls*
I tried the laser reset thing, to no avail.

Let's see what Google comes up with.
If that doesn't help, I'll start a new thread, if that doesn't work, I'll figure out something.

Ohh nooooo... this is bring up bad memories. My phatty died one month into the release of GT5 and was left race-less for about a month and a half. No warranty, not willing to send to Sony, and no hope for me. I had to buy a spankin' new slim and all data gone to gaming heaven (full of Xbox i might add).

Not trying to be a downer here (i do that sometimes), but maybe my outcome can motivate gatrs to do everything possible to at least get it running enough to back up data. Good luck gatrs and Senna speed.

Not YLOD, RSOD.
Red screen of death.
I believe that it's a hard drive issue or something like that from what I've read...

First I've heard of RSOD. :confused:

Could it possibly be a video cable that crapped out?

Back up data now! Just in case. I would tell that to everyone with a phatty, its a matter of time.

I do every couple days. Only really when I do something big in the game do I bother backing up my save. I don't have access to anything for backing up the whole hard drive.

GTP: avohman
Psn: x-XAvohmanX-x
Class: GT2
Car: Audi R8 LMS team playstation
Car#: 5
Country/time zone: BST
You already are in the list.

Think I'll give this a shot. :)

GTP: R1600Turbo
Psn: R1600Turbo
Class: GT1
Car: RX-7 LM
Car Number:
Country/time zone: USA/PST/GMT-7

Welp, the rest of the GT1 field is screwed... :lol:

I'm not sure I can commit to racing the whole season, but I'd like to get a spot in the Viper if possible.

GTP: gman07
Psn: GTP_potatochip
Car: Viper GTS-R
Car#: TBD
Country/time zone: US/Central
Added you 2 guys!

Jav,

5) GTP: OwensRacing
Psn: OwensRacing
Car: Viper GTS-R Team Oreca
Car#: 51
Country/Time zone: US EST (EDT now)

Just cant get away from the Viper. Tried both on several tracks.
Updated!

Jav,

GTP: Jepoks
Psn: Jepoks
Car: Ford GT or Mercedes
Car#: TBD
Country/Time zone: Canada PST

Signing up for GT1 If there is a spot left, looks like GT2 grid is full

cheers!!
Welcome to GT1 sir!

Ahhhhh.

That sucks big time Gatr, hope you can get it fixed soon!

Jav I might be racing this weekend if all goes well. Is GT1 full now? If so could I run GT2 with the Citroën?
Stay tuned tp the trhead, you are first in line as a resserve driver, for S1 we had resserve drivers run in every race, I will start an attendance list for Sunday's session soon so keep checking and sign yourself up for that!

On the bright side, it looks like I'll be getting a months subscription for iracing! :D

On the bright side, it looks like I'll be getting a months subscription for iracing! :D

So T_Ray really isn't that stingy afterall? Here I am still without getting into iRacing....atleast I've got some new rugby boots coming :dopey:

Guys, what's the standard procedure for fixing an RSOD. :(

Geez, that's worse than the BSOD. :lol: You get no information about what may have caused the error at all, unlike the BSOD, sometimes.

Does it look something like this?

rsodhc6.png

ROSD from a PSP.​

I would try re-downloading and re-installing the firmware via a USB external device first, if you can.

The RSOD usually appears after powering off after a bad firmware update. Where exactly do you get the RSOD error?

This is especially true after update v3.21. Version 3.21 scans the hardware on your PS3 to make sure it is the correct hardware and also if it's functional, in case the system has been modded in anyway, shape, or form.

Read here for more information.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/f177/un-bricking-your-ps3-system-64094/

You can also read here.

http://community.eu.playstation.com...ral-Discussion/How-to-beat-RSOD/td-p/10226231

This is the first case I've heard of the RSOD, so I really don't think that this is an all too common event.

-Good luck man.

Last edited:
MitchZ06
So T_Ray really isn't that stingy afterall? Here I am still without getting into iRacing....atleast I've got some new rugby boots coming :dopey:

Hahahahahha I knew you would respond something similar to this. Good fun.

Wish T- Ray was my daddy. I can haz iRacing Daddy pleaze!?!?

Yeah!! Just in time for iRacing 2.0 and season 3!!
Use the GP_Wire code!!! 3 months + 2 extra tracks + the F1 car for $30!! Can't go wrong with it!!

Ok guys, let's get the list going for our last test session before the season oppener next week!

1) Jav - GT2
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Resserves:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Jav
Ok guys, let's get the list going for our last test session before the season oppener next week!

No! No! No!
Don't say that!!!

I've decided that I'm not giving Sony any money.
So I'll try to get a cheap one off of eBay...
Will take me a couple weeks though. :grumpy:

1) Jav - GT2
2) MitchF1GTR - GT2
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Reserves:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) Jav - GT2
2) MitchF1GTR - GT2
3) Shrugging_Atlas - GT1
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)

Reserves:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

I need to unsubscribe before I drive myself insane.
Should I request a temporary ban? I'm dead serious BTW.

Back