GTPlanet Automaker Simulator: CYOCC 2 (Idiot GM kills game)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 1,260 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Texas
Hello all. This is a forum based roleplaying game in which the players create and run car brands, loosely based off of the original game started by GTP member JMoney689. The objective is to grow your small firm into a global power. The game uses a credit system for players to earn and spend currency. You will start with 5,000 credits (cr) to get your company started. A listing of various expenditures is below for players to refer to. As long as you have the dough, you can make whatever you want, so go nuts!

Interested? Keep reading to see if you want in.

The Base Rules:
Penalties may be issued at the Game Manager's disgression, namely fines in 1000cr increments. Blatant disregard for rules, GM, and/or other players will result in removal from game and being blacklisted from future games.
1. Be respectful of the Game Manager and your fellow players.
2. Use common sense- you are running a car company with limits.
3. There is a mandatory annual financial report, showing your profits, purchases, and developments, due after Q4 each year. Failure to comply will result in the IRS garnishing profits.
4. No backroom deals- while it may be realistic, I fear it will cause chaos. Upfront Cooperation, if fair, is permitted and encouraged, to an extent.
5. Please, Stay Active- Any player who hasn't posted for one in-game year(4 real weeks) without notice will have their assets either seized by the IRS or the Bank, or purchased by other players.
6. No Tabloids. If an event occurs, it will be reported by the Game Manager. No dreaming up scenarios that benefit selected player(s)

Time System:
The game runs on a system of 1 quarter (3 months) per week. The quarter will change 12:00 AM (UTC -6) on Sundays.

Thinking of Sign-up?

Starting Form:
Fill this out to start your company. See the expenditures list below to check costs.
Brand name:
Logo (optional):
Headquarters Location:
CEO:
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional):
Factory Locations:
Nations Served:
Number of Car Models: (be sure to fill the form out for new car models)

Car Model Specification Form:
Fill this out before a new car goes on sale.
Model Name:
Trim Levels:
Body Style(s):
Engine(s):
Drivetrain(s):
Transmission(s):
Production Factory:
Description (optional, but helpful):
Cost of Development:
Nations sold:
*Test and performance data will be determined by the GM.

PROFITS!!!!!:
Of course, you have to make money to spend it. At this point the profits of your company will be determined by me, based on your models, factories, locations, and dealership chains. A number of formulas determine quarterly profit. The first profit result occurs the first full quarter after a company is founded. There are also costs to operate that work against the profits and will need to be accounted for. The GM will contact you for details.

Showcase Events:
  • There will be a Showcase Event for each in-game quarter, represented as Detroit, Geneva, and Goodwood for sure, but the Q4 event has yet to be decided.
  • Cost is 100cr to show up and have one space, with an additional 50cr for each additional space
  • There is a limit of four spaces per company.
  • Each company should have the opportunity to show, but spaces are first come-first serve, and by four cars, I mean four units.
  • Have a combo of cars, or show off all the options on a particular car, but choose carefully because those chosen can only make the circuit once.
  • Upgrade the bits, or put brand new ones in, and it would be eligible again.
  • The show can LOOK however you want, flavor is a good thing, and I'm enjoying what is already here, but in practice there are 52 spots represented by a deck of playing cards.
  • Cards will be dealt in four rows of thirteen cards, Identified as row A, B, C, or D, and numbers 1-13. So to pick a spot, you state that you want in and you want D-12 for example.
  • For those reserving multiple spots, you will have to pick adjacent spots. Take four spots, you can take a section of a row, make a column across all rows, or make a square block, no odd shapes if we could please.
  • As for the value put into it, I'm calling them "Fanfare Boosts", and they are a point value added to a cars attributes at random. Ace is low in this game, so Ace to 7 gets nothing, hitting an 8, 9, or 10 gets one point, finding the Jack or Queen net two points, and Kings get three.
  • These boost are applied to the vehicle' overall rating starting the next quarter.

Auctions:
If a player has not posted within one in-game year without notice, and they do not owe to any entity, said player's company assets will be put up for auction to other players. Buyers have the choice of buying the company whole, which would take precedent for multiple bidders, or buying piecemeal, i.e. a specific model or a single factory.

Need to Know Info:
  • Race teams are no longer an option due simply to the lack of ability to make a credible simulation of a racing season, and therefore product quality and resulting sales. Sorry.
  • Hybrids have been nixed as a buyable option. Instead, A hybrid will be a combination of a fueled engine and however many electric motors you choose. Setup will determine if transmission is needed.
  • Initially, I was thinking of carrying over models from the original game, but have since decided against it. Sorry again.
  • If something seems off, especially on my end, PLEASE TELL ME. Since I've been here, I've learned I have about a tenth of the ability I thought I had, and considering I thought I was just average then, I'd wager I will foul up something.
  • While I will not be playing immediately, I reserve the ability to start a company, if for nothing else than to give players a target. Hopefully, this will never be needed.
  • There is a build cost for each car set at 0.1% of the development cost.
  • There is also a 1% cost for properties done quarterly.
  • Trim models must have different specs from the base car and other trim levels.
  • You set the prices.
  • Each Nation has a sales cap.
  • All vehicles are in competition when sold in the same nation.
  • A patriot bonus may be introduced at a later date.
  • Overall Designs will degrade if left untouched for a time.
  • Trim Levels are allowed, but MUST be different from any other version of the same car.
  • Any items purchased in a quarter will become active in the first full quarter after purchase. Buy a factory in Q3, it starts production for Q4.
  • For a single part, you cannot produce an upgraded and non-upgraded version. All or nothing for this game.
  • Asia and Europe are landmasses, not Nations.

Expenditure List:
Design/Addition>Initial Cost>Qualifiers

Manufacturing Compound>25,000cr>50,000 cars built/quarter
Large Factory>12,000cr>30,000 cars built/quarter
Medium Factory>6,000cr>10,000 cars built/quarter
Small Factory>1,000cr>1,500 cars built/quarter
Handbuilt Factory>400cr>20 cars built/quarter
Dealership Chain>600cr>Allows entry into new markets
Headquarters>750cr>Also acts as first dealer chain
Corprate Museum>1500cr
Piston engine>50cr*>*per Piston used
Wankel engine>200cr*>*per Rotor used
Electric motor>500cr*>*per Motor. No transmission required/battery inferred
Turbocharger>300cr>Add-on. One purchase equals one design
Supercharger>200cr>Add-on. One purchase equals one design
Diesel>100cr>Add-on. One purchase equals one design
Manual Transmission>25cr*>*per Gear
Automatic Transmission>50cr*>*per Gear
Semi-Automatic Transmission>75cr*>*per Gear
FF Drivetrain>200cr
FR Drivetrain>250cr
F4 Drivetrain>350cr
MR Drivetrain>500cr
M4 Drivetrain>650cr
RR Drivetrain>200cr
R4 Drivetrain>300cr
Tandem Axle Addition>300cr*>*per Axel. Large Trucks & Motorhomes "may" need more
Roadster/Convertible Option>100cr
Coupe Body Style>200cr
Hatchback Body Style>150cr
Sedan Body Style>200cr
Wagon Body Style>250cr
SUV Body Style>400cr
SUT Body Style>350cr
Pickup Body Style>250cr
Ute Body Style>300cr
Minivan Body Style>400cr
Crossover Body Style>450cr
Van Body Style>500cr
Motorhome Body Style>700cr
Large Truck Body Style>1000cr
Large Motorhome Body Style>1250cr

Design & Development: Each Engine, Chassis, Transmission, and Body can be used for multiple designs, but different specs, or design, require a new purchase.

Entries:
Jahgee1124-Karin Motors of Tokyo, Japan (Pre-2014)
GranTurismo916-Aryeesport of New York City, NY, US (Pre-2014)
Beeblebrox237-Aquila Motors of London, England, UK (Pre-2014)
ildd-Harrbol Automobiles of Houston, TX, US (Pre-2014)
DurWinning-Krieger of Berlin, Germany (Pre-2014)
Tunerguy21-21 Motorsports of Providence, RI, US (Pre-2014)
Carmain2K-Avalon Motors of Plymouth, England, UK (Pre-2014)
ProjectWHaT-Victory (Automobile) of Boston, MA, US (Pre-2014)
Legro-Legro Motors of Helsinki, Finland (Pre-2014)
eran0004-Fuchs AG of Hamburg, Germany (Pre-2014)
DCybertron-Blackhawk Motor and Machinery Corp. of Phoenix, AZ, US
JMoney689-Pontiac of Dayton, OH, US (Pre-2014)
Driving Park-Tsukuba Motor Company of Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan (Pre-2014)
RedDragon-RaceTech International of Tokyo, Japan
NW48-NW Engineering of Bologna, Italy (Pre-2014)
Brutaka-Holmes Automobile Technologies of Chicago, IL, US (Pre-2014)
italian06-Carob Automotive of Woking, England, UK (Pre-2014)
WhiterunGuard-Knight Industries of Turku, Finland (Pre-2014)
titleguy1-Rennen Automotive of New York, NY, USA (Pre-2014)
Dagger311-Austell Automotive of Austell, GA, USA (Q2 2014)
chef211-Starboard Motors of Miami, FL, USA(Q3 2014)
Vanatic-Zephyrus Automotive of Athens, Greece (Q4 2014)

Exits:
RaceTech International (Q1 2014)-Management thwarted by other endeavors.
Blackhawk Motor (Q1 2014-Q3 2014)-Owner swamped by outside events.

STATS AND UPGRADES:

Each Component has attributes tied to it, those are as follows:
Engine: Build Quality, Power, Economy
Transmission: Build Quality, Ratio Selection
Drivetrain: Build Quality, Handling
Body: Build Quality, Exterior Appearance, Interior Quality

**Note** Fully Electric cars will have two alternate qualities added in exchange for a transmission. Gearing for the motor and batteries fort the drivetrain. Batteries can be added to an existing chassis, and an existing electric car chassis can have them removed without additional costs.

These attributes are decided by a 3-dice roll for each, with the rolls being averaged out for the components and the overall for the vehicles. To counteract possible low roles, you can employ R&D on whatever component for 15% of the previous upgrade level.

(9/14) BECAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN EXPRESSLY WRITTEN, ANYTHING PURCHASED IN A QUARTER WILL NOT BECOME ACTIVE UNTIL THE NEXT QUARTER.

Last edited:
Brand name: Karin Motors
Logo (optional):
Logo-IV-Karin.png

Headquarters Location: Tokyo, Japan
CEO:
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional): Affordable cars for everyone
Factory Locations: Japan, Illinois
Nations Served: US, Portugal, Japan
Number of Car Models: (be sure to fill the form out for new car models)

Model Name: Karin Asterope
Trim Levels: Spawn
Body Style(s): 4 Door Sedan
Engine(s): 3.5L V6
Drivetrain(s): FR
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Automatic
Production Factory: Illinois
Description (optional, but helpful):
Karin_Asterope_%28Front%26Side%29-Asterope_V.jpg

Cost of Development: 900 cr.
Nations sold: US, Portugal, New Zealand
Price: 26 Cr.

Cr. Balance - 150 Cr.

8GViL3z.png

Brand name
: Jahgee Motors
Logo:
tUwy7Ok.png

Headquarters Location: Franklin, NY
CEO: Jacob Gregory (Myself)
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional): American Cars with the goal of becoming a NASCAR manufacturer
Factory Locations (Yellow is Tier 1, Orange is Tier 2, Red is Tier 3 & Bold Red is Tier 4): Upstate NY, Nebraska, Salzburg Germany
Nations Served: US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Italy, Britain, Czech Republic
Number of Car Models: 3

Model Name: Jahgee NASCAR Mk. I
Trim Levels: Basic
Body Style(s): 4 Door Sedan
Engine(s): 5.8L V8
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Manual
Production Factory: Upstate NY
Description (optional, but helpful): An attempt by Jahgee to prepare a future NASCAR car, this is a throwback to Strickly Stock NASCAR, where cars were from the showroom.
Cost of Development: 1100 Cr
Nations sold: United States

Model Name: Jahgee Moneymaker Mk. I
Trim Levels: Basic
Body Style(s): 4 Door Sedan (Different from the NASCAR, more like a Camry, compared to the SS shaped NASCAR)
Engine(s): 3.5L V6
Drivetrain(s): Front Engine, All Wheel Drive
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Automatic
Production Factory: Nebraska
Description (optional, but helpful): Jahgee's attempt at making an affordable car like a Camry
Cost of Development: 1150 Cr
Nations sold: US, Canada, Mexico

Model Name: Jahgee Super 2000 Mk. I
Trim Levels: Touring, WRC
Body Style(s): 5 Door Hatchback
Engine(s): 2.0L Turbocharged I6
Drivetrain(s): Front Engine Front (Touring), All (WRC) Wheel Drive
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Semi Automatic
Production Factory: Salzburg, Germany
Description (optional, but helpful): A car built to the S2000 FIA Specification, sold specifically in the EU market. May get sold in the NA market in the future.
Cost of Development: 1750 CR
Nations sold: Germany, France, Italy, Britain, Czech Republic

Cr. Balance - 0 Cr.
Cr. Debt - 8500 Cr.

Last edited:
Brand name: Aryeesport
Logo:
aryeesport.png

Headquarters Location: New York, NY, USA
CEO: Nii Aryeetey (me)
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional): Affordable and somewhat sporty and rugged vehicles
Factory Locations: San Diego, CA, USA; Middletown, NY, USA
Nations Served: USA
Number of Car Models: 1

2,750 Cr. Spent

themis logo.png

Model Name: Themis
Trim Levels:
L: Base model, equipped with cloth seats, no power seats, plastic trim; $18,349 MSRP
LS: Upscale model, leather seats, power seats, some wood trim; $22,499 MSRP
Body Style(s): 4-door hatchback
Engine(s): 2.0L Boxer 4-cyl (RG4CBE)
Drivetrain(s): F4
Transmission(s): 5-speed Automatic (C5S)
Production Factory: Middletown, NY, USA
Description (optional, but helpful): A simple, inexpensive hatchback to drive around year-long.
Cost of Development: 950 Cr.
Nations sold: USA

hemera logo.png

Model Name: Hemera
Trim Levels:
L: Base model, equipped with cloth seats, no power seats, plastic trim; $20,995 MSRP
LS: Upscale model, leather seats, power seats, some wood trim; $24,895 MSRP
Body Style(s): 4-door sedan
Engine(s): 3.0L Boxer 6-cyl (RG6CBE)
Transmission(s): 5-speed Automatic (C5S from Themis)
Production Factory: San Diego, CA, USA
Description (optional, but helpful): A simple, inexpensive sedan to drive around year-long.
Cost of Development: 1100 Cr. (including tranny)
Nations sold: USA

Money left - 450 Cr.

Last edited:
I may get back into this. One question though. Do you have the time and availability to do this? I don't want to retry and have a repeat of the first one where the host couldn't do it anymore.

I may get back into this. One question though. Do you have the time and availability to do this? I don't want to retry and have a repeat of the first one where the host couldn't do it anymore.
Having been a member (albeit inactive) of the conversation that has been going on about the revival of this, I can tell you that he's absolutely ready to commit to it, as he already has.

OK, then @BKGlover, I'm gonna take out a loan of 8500 Cr. to get the following

1 Medium Factory in Salzburg, Germany
1 Dealership Chain in Europe
And the development of the Jahgee S2000 Mk. I

Model Name: Jahgee Super 2000 Mk. I
Trim Levels: Touring, WRC
Body Style(s): 5 Door Hatchback
Engine(s): 2.0L Turbocharged I6
Drivetrain(s): Front Engine Front (Touring), All (WRC) Wheel Drive
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Semi Automatic
Production Factory: Salzburg, Germany
Description (optional, but helpful): A car built to the S2000 FIA Specification, sold specifically in the EU market. May get sold in the NA market in the future.
Cost of Development: 1750 CR
Nations sold: Germany, France, Italy, Britain, Czech Republic

If you decide the limit is 5000, then I'll downsize to a Small Factory in Salzburg, Germany

More than I care to admit. BUT, there's a reason I made a quarter a week.

Having been a member (albeit inactive) of the conversation that has been going on about the revival of this, I can tell you that he's absolutely ready to commit to it, as he already has.

:cheers:

@Jahgee1124 You do realize that there won't be racing here, right?

Brand name: Aquila Motors
Logo:
AquilaLogo_small.jpg

Headquarters Location: London
CEO: Me!
Company Focus: Luxury and sports cars of the highest possible quality
Factory Location(s): Birmingham
Nations Served: USA, UK, China (Due to the nature of our clientele, cars are often bought in the UK but registered in the EU or Middle East)
Number of Car Models: 3

---

Model Name: Ace
Trim Levels: Ace, Ace Sport (Ace Racing to follow)
Body Style(s): Coupe, convertible
Engine(s): 4.0 litre V12, naturally aspirated
Transmission(s): 6 speed manual, 7 speed DCT
Production Factory: Birmingham
Brief model description:
The Aquila Ace is a dynamic, exciting supercar. It is available as a two seat coupe or convertible, with a balanced RWD chassis. It can be had with a slick 6 speed manual or a racy 7 speed dual clutch gearbox. It's designed for the gentleman enthusiast, who might use his Ace to commute to work on a nice day, dissect a mountain road on a summer evening, or take it to the limit on the racetrack on Sunday. Comfortable enough for everyday use but equipped with a high revving [pending stats] bhp V12 and lightweight construction and materials, the Ace has breathtaking performance.

Cost of Development: 2382.502 cr
Nations Sold: UK, USA, China

Production Cost: 2.38 cr
MSRP: 15 cr

---

Model Name: Interceptor
Trim Levels: Interceptor (more to follow)
Body Style(s): Coupe, convertible
Engine(s): 4.0 litre V12, naturally aspirated; 4.5 litre V8, twin turbo
Transmission(s): 6 speed manual, 7 speed DCT
Production Factory: Birmingham
Brief model description:
The Aquila Interceptor is the ultimate GT car. It's equally at home crossing continents, carving canyon roads, or simply cruising around town. Like the Ace, the Interceptor uses our modular RWD chassis architecture. It uses the same engine as the Ace, giving it wonderful low end delivery but a truly sporting attitude. The spacious 4 seat coupe or convertible body and commodious boot make for easy long distance travel. The car is dynamic and poised on the road, but supple and relaxing to drive when cruising.

Cost of Development: 1261.272 cr (same V12 engine, transmissions, and chassis architecture as the Ace)
Nations Sold: UK, USA, China

Production Cost: 1.26 cr
MSRP: 12.5 cr

---

Model Name: Emperor
Trim Levels: Luxury, Sport, Ultimate
Body Style(s): SUV
Engine(s): 4.5 litre V8, twin turbo
Transmission: 7 speed DCT
Location of Factory: Birmingham
Description (optional): The Aquila Emperor is the ultimate SUV. Available in Luxury, Sport, and Ultimate trim levels, it has a wide variety of talents and is equally capable around town or off road. The Sport model features lower and sportier suspension for dynamic performance, while the Ultimate model features air suspension and two rear recliners with built in entertainment systems. It is the ultimate luxury vehicle. It features an all new chassis and [pending stats] 4.5 litre twin turbocharged V8, delivering more torque and better economy than our 4.0 litre V12.

Cost of Development: 991.875 cr
Nations Sold: USA, UK, China

Production Cost: 1 cr
MSRP: 10 cr

---

Expenditures:
V12 engine (+15%, 2x) - 793.5 cr
V8 engine + Turbos (+15%) - 805cr
Manual Gearbox (+15%, 2x) - 198.375 cr
Dual Clutch Gearbox (+15%) - 603.75 cr
FR Drivetrain (+15%, 2x) - 330.625 cr
F4 Drivetrain (+15%, 2x) - 462.875 cr
Coupe/Convertible Body Style (+15%, 3x) - 456.263 cr
Coupe/Convertible Body Style (+15%, 3x) - 456.263 cr
SUV Body Style (+15%, 2x) - 529 cr
Small factory - 1000 cr
Headquarters - 750 cr
Dealership Networks - 1200 cr

As a result of these expenditures, Aquila Motors will be taking out a loan of 3500 cr to cover expenses.

Free credits: 914.349 cr

@BKGlover Regarding the showcase events, Goodwood is the largest showcase of new cars in the UK, so it's a good event to use. Also, if you could read over my new company, that would be great. I've done a few things that sort of carry over from the previous game, so they'll need your approval. Mainly, my use of the convertible body style, and my dealer network. As a high end company, I only need one or two dealers per nation, so I can have a small, single worldwide dealer network. Is that suitable, or should I do something different? Also, if this is an acceptable setup, how many dealers can I have before I must pay another 600 cr?

Last edited:
So if I make a 11000.6 liter W16 engine and roll an 0, I'll only get like 50 hp?

If it actually ran. It barely started, then immediately flooded and died, which was amazing considering it's direct injected.

worlds-largest-diesel-7.jpg

Puts this in a car, gets only 150 HP

That's decent power, the torque would move Mt. Fuji at idle though.

Beeble-Edit: I'll go through the lineups and look close, but unless those V12s are supposed to be a different design/layout, I'd use the same one. Sadly, I'm away from my dice, so it'll be a few days before I can give attributes. Also, thanks for the knowledge on Goodwood. It doesn't get much pub on that side.

Harrbol Automobiles
golden wings.jpg

HQ:
Houston, Tx
CEO: Doofers McGee
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional): Cars for every type of person, including all types of sedans and coupes. More focused towards luxury.
Factory Locations: Tyler, Tx(small) Detriot, Mi (small)
Nations Served:
United States; Canada​
(currently 5,000cr)
HQ -750cr
Two small factories -2000cr
Dealership in Ontario -600cr
(1,650cr)

Car Models:
Model Name: Memrix
Trim Levels: Lux6
Body Style(s): Sedan
Engine(s): Gasoline V6
Drivetrain(s): FR; 4WD
Transmission(s): 6-speed Auto
Production Factory: Tyler, Tx
Description (optional, but helpful): This mid-sized, entry-level luxury car is powered by a 265hp, 3.4L V6. More engine choices and trims will be available in the future. Expect about 23mpg in the city and 31mpg on the highway. This car is slated to cost $35,000.
Cost of Development: 1400cr
Nations sold: U.S., Canada

250cr remaining

ENGINES AVALIABLE:
3.4L V6, 265hp

TRANSMISSIONS AVALIABLE:
6-speed auto

the dice thing is stupid btw

Last edited:
Beeble-Edit: I'll go through the lineups and look close, but unless those V12s are supposed to be a different design/layout, I'd use the same one. Sadly, I'm away from my dice, so it'll be a few days before I can give attributes. Also, thanks for the knowledge on Goodwood. It doesn't get much pub on that side.
Fixed the V12s 👍 What about the dealers and attributes? What should I be paying for those?

I might as well jump back in.

Brand Name: Krieger
Logo:
Krieger_Logo.png

Headquarters Location: Berlin, Germany (750 CR)
CEO: Paul Del Prete (myself)
Company Focus (ex Supercars, SUV's, etc, Optional): To make the best range of vehicles with European styling. Including but not limited to sedans, exotics, hypercars, etc
Factory Locations (Yellow is Tier 1, Orange is Tier 2, Red is Tier 3 & Bold Red is Tier 4): (1,000 CR) Munich, Germany
Nations Served: Germany (will expand to U.S at a later date)
Current Models: 1
Cost for HQ and Factory: 1,750 CR

Model Name: 616
Trim: Standard
Body Style: Sedan
Engine: 3.0L V6
Drivetrain: FR
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Production Factory: Munich, Germany
Description: An all purpose sedan capable for tackling your everyday life. Built with quality and superb styling.
Cost of Development: 875 CR
Build Cost: 9 CR
Nations Sold: Germany
MSRP: 43.50 CR

Money Left
: 2,366 CR

Last edited:
Since the Hemera uses the Themis's tranny, do I have to pay for it twice?
Nope
the dice thing is stupid btw
Why? Love the logo wings.
Fixed the V12s 👍 What about the dealers and attributes? What should I be paying for those?
Dealers are different this time. Dealers here mean a national chain, so you only invest in a nation once. That's the main reason I bumped the price. As for the Dev-costs, it applies once per level to the entire component, so buffing that V12 would mean that instead of all attributes being from 0-to-15, the minimum for all of them would now be 1, even if 0 is rolled.

And before it gets shouted- YES, the dice-roll system does mean that you can roll the worlds greatest car for peanuts, but it is unlikely to happen like that, and there is a way to counteract a bad roll as each upgrade gets a re-roll (how many times have "improvents" done bugger-all or even made something worse.)

Because that. I'd much rather have everyone give realistic stats for their cars. Hell, I use Automation to get my stats.
As much as I'd love this to be the case, I can't trust that I wouldn't get 14 600HP Group B imitators. While It wouldn't be you doing it, it would put you at a disadvantage, especially if they also paid peanuts.

Pesimistic and a bit patronizing, probably and I'm sorry for that, but this system does effect the entire car, and it factors into the sales. That said, I have held one...not so small bit out so far that could seriously destroy any advantage the awesome cheap car might give.

What about a pay-per-horsepower system? 0.5 cr a bhp for the first 50 bhp/litre, 1 cr for the next 50, and 2 cr per bhp beyond 100 bhp/litre. This would be instead of the turbo/supercharger costs.

What about a pay-per-horsepower system? 0.5 cr a bhp for the first 50 bhp/litre, 1 cr for the next 50, and 2 cr per bhp beyond 100 bhp/litre. This would be instead of the turbo/supercharger costs.
This is a good idea. It sounds more realistic than getting two-digit hp figures out of an almost 6 liter V8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back