GTPlanet Automaker Simulator: CYOCC 2 (Idiot GM kills game)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 1,260 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the dice rolls should be abandoned, they add a chance element to the game which I believe is vital. It also simulates the development process - you can't just decide to build the greatest car ever and simply do it: you need to spend time and money on developing components. Sometimes you get lucky with the first attempt, sometimes you may need years to develop that perfect engine.

But I also think that the manufacturers should get a bigger influence in how their engines are going to perform, and I think that the displacement could be the key here. If we could simply link engine displacement to power and economy, the dice roll could give a base number and then the displacement acts as a multiplier / divider, with power scaling positively and economy scaling negatively. Like this:

Power

Here's one formula for power (assuming that it's a triple dice roll with dice from 1-6, so that the greatest outcome is 18 (3*6) and the smallest is 3 (3*1)):

Power=(DisplacementInLiters*DiceRoll*20)^0.87

The formula is balanced after the most likely outcome (11). Some examples: A car with a displacement of 0.36 L gets 45 BHP; 0.6 L gives 70 BHP; 1 L = 110 BHP; 2 L = 200 BHP; 3 L = 284 BHP; 4 L = 365 BHP; 5 L = 442 BHP; 6 L = 519 BHP; 7 L = 593 BHP; 8 L = 666 BHP; etc. etc.

Economy

Economy=DiceRoll/(DisplacementInLiters^0.2)

This formula says that the economy improves as displacement goes down. Same assumptions about the dice as in the power formula. Of course, a great roll with a big displacement engine could very well give better economy than a poor roll with a small displacement engine.

If even more control over the development process is wanted, maybe manufacturers can pay extra for extra dice rolls? Like, paying twice the amount for 2 rolls (and the best result is picked)?

I have a question. Can you have two separate brands using same money like Citroen and Peugeot?

The thing is economy has little to do with displacement compared to the fuel injection type (Direct, SFI, MPFI) and valve type (direct acting, overhead, dual overhead) and valve design.

Brand name: 21 Motorsports
Logo: TBD
Headquarters Location: Providence, RI
CEO: Tunerguy21 (me)
Company Focus: Affordable sports cars to high-end hypercars
Factory Locations:
-Providence, RI (Small)
-Tokyo, Japan (Small)
Nations Served:
-USA
-Japan
-UK
Number of Car Models: 2

---

Car Model Specification Form
Model Name: R200
Trim Levels (all prices represent fully loaded cars):
-Base: 28,000cr
-Sport: 30,000cr
-Sport Turbo: 32,000cr
-R: 36,000cr
-R Track Pack: 40,000cr
Body Style(s): 2-door Coupe
Engine(s): 2.0 Liter I-4 N/A; 2.0 Liter I-4 Turbo
Drivetrain(s): FR
Transmission(s): 6-MT
Production Factory:
-Providence, RI
-Tokyo, Japan
Description (optional): 21 Motorsports' entry-level sports car. Both 2.0 liter N/A and turbocharged engines are available (depending on trim level). The R200 base model comes only with the N/A, and is a high-compression, high-revving engine great for someone looking at a daily driver with some decent trackabliity. The R200 sport comes standard with the same N/A 2.0 liter engine as the base model R200-albeit with slightly more power-but the 2.0 liter turbo variant is now available as an option. The compression and redline are reduced to accomodate the added boost, but is just as durable as the N/A. The R200 Sport also has the optional oil cooler from the base model as standard. The R200 R is the most powerful and most track-ready variant available. It only comes with the 2.0 liter turbo engine. With dual oil coolers as standard and increased boost pressure, the R200 R is capable of some serious lap times not typically expected of a car of this size. With the R-only optional Track Pack, boost is supplied by a larger, more-efficient turbocharger and intercooler, and has a full titanium turbo-back exhaust with high-flow catalytic converter. The dual oil coolers are also more efficient than the normal R. Fully-adjustable coilover suspension is available as an option on Sport models, and comes as standard on the R and R Track Pack models.
Cost of Development: 2100cr
Nations sold:
-USA
-Japan
-UK

---

Car Model Specification Form
Model Name: R300
Trim Levels (all prices represent fully loaded cars):
-Base: 45,000cr
-Sport: 47,000cr
-Sport Turbo: 50,000cr
-R: 53,500cr
-R Track Pack: 56,000cr
Body Style(s): Coupe
Engine(s): 3.0 Liter I-6 N/A; 3.0 Liter I-6 Twin-Sequential Turbo
Transmission(s): 6-MT
Production Factory:
-Providence, RI
-Tokyo, Japan
Description (optional): The 21 Motorsports R300 is a the quintessential street/track car so far. The base model comes with a high-revving, high-compression 3.0 liter naturally-aspirated I-6 in a lightweight body. This is most popular for the car enthusiast to enjoy on the commute to-and-from work as much as the track. The Sport model has increased power from the N/A I-6 via slightly larger cams, slight head work, and a more free-flowing stainless steel exhaust system. However, the big power comes from the addition of the optional Twin-Sequential Turbocharged 3.0 liter I-6 engine. Like the R200, full-adjustable coilover suspension and an oil cooler are options. The R model has this engine as standard, as well as the coilover suspension package and new dual oil coolers. For those who want the ultimate in streetable track weapons, the R300 R Track Pack has more efficient and higher-boosting turbos, a larger intercooler, and state-of-the-art dual oil coolers. The Track Pack also has more aggressive 280 degree cams, full head work (while still remaining streetable), and forged internals. Serious weight savings have been done in the form of carbon fiber used wherever possible, with standard carbon bucket seats with 4-point harnesses.
Cost of Development: 2750cr
Nations Sold:
-USA
-Japan
-UK

---

Expenditure List
Small Factory (1,500 cars built/quarter) Cost: 1,000cr (x2)
Dealership Chain: 600cr (x2)
Headquarters Cost: 750cr
Design & Development Cost:
-I4 engine: 600cr (x2)
-I6 engine: 800cr (x2)
Turbocharger:
-Single Turbo (R200): 300cr
-Sequential Twin Turbo (R300): 600cr
Manual Transmission:
-6-MT (R200): 300cr
-6-MT (R300): 450cr
FR Drivetrain:
-R200: 500cr
-R300: 500cr
Coupe Body Style:
-R200: 400cr
-R300: 400cr
TOTAL EXPENSES: 9,700cr (Someone please double-check I calculated correctly)

---

I'd like to apply for a 5,000cr loan to cover current expenditures and give a little extra for future projects/unexpected expenses.

Last edited:

m6WEMJC.png

Avalon Motors - Quality Assured

Avalon Motors was originally founded in 1959 by A. Nason, a ambitious man who saved money for years to make his dream come true. Operating out of Plymouth, the company grew and developed a bit of a cult following. In the 60's the Silica, a small sports coupe, was critically acclaimed. However, the heyday didn't last. In the 70's the company fell, spouting out its last car in 1979. Another small British car company bit the dust.

In 2012, C. Jarmain, a young man who had a good amount of spare money, was looking to start a company. He read about Avalon, and intrigued, looked further into the company's history. He test drove Avalon's classics, and in September 2013 decided to reincarnate the company. Avalon Motors makes high quality cars that are inspired by the German manufacturers ruthless efficiency, but mixed with Britain's soul. Will the company fall, or will it succeed. We will have to wait and see.

Headquarters Location: Plymouth, UK
CEO: Mr. Cameron Jarmain (Me)
Company Focus: Middle Class Cars (Think Audi)
Factory Locations:
  • Plymouth, UK (Small)
  • London, UK (Small)
Nations Served: UK, Germany
Number of Car Models: 2

Model Name: Avalon Silica
Trim Levels:
  • B - B means Base, simple and all the things you need, and not much else. £24,999 (25cr)
  • C - C for Comfort, with added leather and nicer materials inside. £25,999 (26cr)
  • SE - The top Silica at the moment, with a very high quality interior. £27,899 (28cr)
Body Style: Coupe 'Silica MKI'
Engine: 2.0 Inline 4 'AVE-20/4 MKI'
Drivetrain: FR 'AVD-FR/S MKI'
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual 'AVG-6M MKI'
Production Factory: Plymouth, UK
Description:

A reincarnation of Avalon's first car, the infamous 1960 Silica. Its a completely new car, with a small 2.0 I4 up front, and the power being sent behind. Set to do battle with small sportscars like the GT86, this is a completely new offering that shows the attention to detail the Avalon Production team have, even with a lightweight sportscar like the Silica.

Cost of Development: 1,900cr
Nations sold: UK, Germany

Model Name: Avalon Basalt
Trim Levels:
  • B - The cheapest variant, with your basic interior. £28,999 (29cr)
  • C - A better interior, and softer suspension for a nicer ride. £30,999 (31cr)
  • SE - A more sporty version of the 'C' Trim, with no downsides. £31,750 (32cr)
  • L - Luxury, or that's what it imitates. Very high quality. £33,500 (33cr)
Body Style: Saloon 'Basalt MKI'
Engine: 2.0 Inline 4 'AVE-20/4 MKI'
Drivetrain: FR 'AVD-FR/S MKI'
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual 'AVG-6M MKI'
Production Factory: London, UK
Description:

A new small saloon from Avalon, the Basalt is like what its name suggests. A rock hard family offering that will last. It uses a responsive 2.0 I4 up front, and a light chassis beneath. The Basalt is one of the lightist in the sector, and one of the best handling. A saloon good enough to fight the BMW 3-Series on its own, we think.

Cost of Development: 1,900cr
Nations sold: UK, Germany

------------------------
Expenses:
  • HQ 'Plymouth' - 750cr
  • Small Factory 'Plymouth' - 1,000cr
  • Small Factory 'London' - 1,000cr
  • FR Drivetrain 'AVD-FR/S MKI' - 600cr
  • Coupe Body 'Silica MKI' - 500cr
  • Saloon Body 'Basalt MKI' - 500cr
  • 2.0 Inline 4 Petrol 'AVE-20/4 MKI' - 600cr
  • 6 Speed Manual 'AVG-6M MKI' - 600cr
Total: 5,150cr

Profits:
  • Money Saved up: 5,000cr
  • Loan from Bank, Pay over 8 Quarters - 1,000cr
Total: 6000cr

Total Money: 850cr

Last edited:
The thing is economy has little to do with displacement compared to the fuel injection type (Direct, SFI, MPFI) and valve type (direct acting, overhead, dual overhead) and valve design.

The problem is that neither of those variables exists in the game.

There is a correlation between displacement and fuel economy though so it can be used for rough estimates. It won't be perfect but it will be easy to do and it will be better than having a system where the fuel economy is the same for a big V10 as it is for a small 3-cylinder engine. Bringing in fuel injection type, valve type and valve design may be more realistic but it will also be a lot more complicated and when comparing the outcomes between the two different methods and the impact it has on the game it will probably not be worth the extra amount of work it requires from the player and the game master.

Brand name:
Victory

Logo (optional):

Headquarters Location:
Boston, Massachusetts, USA - 750 cr

CEO:
ProjectWHaT

Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional):
performance vehicles

Factory Locations:
1. deserted field in Massachusetts - small factory

Nations Served:
North America

Number of Car Models: (be sure to fill the form out for new car models)
1 - VS1

-

Model Name:
VS1

Trim Levels:
base model, turbo

Body Style(s):
Coupe - 200 cr

Engine(s):
4 cylinder piston engine - 200 cr
turbo - 300 cr

Drivetrain(s):
FR - 250 cr

Transmission(s):
manual transmission - 125 cr

Production Factory:
factory no. 1 - 1,000 cr

Description (optional, but helpful):
Cheap, fun, light coupe aimed at the MX5 and GT86.

Cost of Development:
2,075 cr

Nations sold:
North America

--

Available money: 5,000 cr
Headquarters: -750 cr
VS1 development: -2,075
total: -2,825
money left: 2,175

Legro Motors

cooltext1697165972.png

Finnish quality
Headquarters Location: Helsinki, Finland
CEO: Leevi Gronberg (Legro)
Company Focus: sporty luxury sedans.
Factory Locations: Espoo, Finland (Small)
Nations Served: Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Russia, France, UK.
Number of Car Models: 1

Car Models:

Model Name: Legro L400
Trim Levels:

Sport, includes sport suspension, sport seats and sport steering wheel, cruise control, sat-nav and multimedia-system.

City, includes comfort suspension, cruise control, sat-nav, leather seats and multimedia-system.
Body Style(s): Sedan, Wagon
Engine(s): 1.8 I4, 2.0 I4 Turbo, 3.0 V6 Turbo
Drivetrain(s): FR, F4
Transmission(s): 6 speed manual, 7 speed auto
Production Factory: Espoo, Finland
Description: Sporty compact exclusive competing with BMW 3-Series. Trim levels are sportier Sport and more comfortable City. Both trim levels are available with all engines, transmissions and drivetrains.
Production cost: 2.85cr
Price: 45cr
Cost of Development:
600 (3.0 V6 Turbo (LGM36))
+500 (2.0 I4 Turbo (LGM26))
+200 (1.8 I4 (LGM22))
+150 (6 speed manual)
+350 (7 speed automatic)
+250 (FR drivetrain)
+350 (F4 drivetrain)
+200 (sedan body style (LG2))
+250 (wagon body style (LG2))
Total 2850cr
Nations sold: Finland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Russia, France, UK.

Company balance:
5000cr
- 750 (headquarters)
-1000 (small factory)
- 600 (Sweden dealership chain)
- 600 (Norway dealership chain)
- 600 (Germany dealership chain)
- 600 (Russia dealership chain)
- 600 (France dealership chain)
- 600 (UK dealership chain)
-2850 (L400 development)
Total -3200cr

Last edited:
Question. Are we still doing the build cost for the vehicles? I ask because if it's at 1% it will only cost me about 9 CR to build my first car.

I sort of assumed that you'll be given a profit, rather than a revenue and expense, so production cost is not something we have to worry too much about.

fox copy.jpg

Fuchs AG

Brand name: Fuchs AG
Headquarters Location: Hamburg, Germany
CEO: Dr. Ing. Robert G. Fuchs
Company Focus: Small sports cars
Factory Locations: Lüneburg, Germany (Handbuilt Factory)
Nations Served: Germany
Number of Car Models: 1

Spendings:

Factories, dealerships etc.
HQ 750cr
Handbuilt Factory 400cr
Corporate Museum 1500cr

TOTAL 2650cr

Development
Piston Engine I4 200cr +R&D 30cr
Manual Transmission 5speed 125cr +R&D 18.75cr
RR drivetrain 200cr +R&D 30cr
Coupe Body style 200cr +R&D 30cr

TOTAL 725cr +108.75cr = 833.75cr

GRAND TOTAL 3483.75cr

Remaining money: 5000 - 3483.75 = 1516.25cr

New model:

193820-a19850ce7ad719cbb43ab8c039c678b3.jpg

Model Name: Fuchs Mk.I
Trim Levels: GT
Body Style(s): Coupe
Engine(s): I4
Drivetrain(s): RR
Transmission(s): 5 speed manual
Production Factory: Lüneburg (Handbuilt Factory)
Description (optional, but helpful): A compact and lightweight sports coupe
Cost of Development: 834cr
Nations sold: Germany
Price: 3.98cr

Last edited:
Since I have about 2,000 CR to spend I think it's time to make another car.

Model Name: Luxor
Trim: Standard
Body Style: Coupe
Engine: 4.6L V8
Drivetrain: FR
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual
Production Factory: Munich, Germany
Description: Luxury, Performance, Elegance, these are the 3 things you get with the new Krieger Luxor.
Cost of Development: 975 CR
Build Cost: 10 CR (it's really 9.75 but who cares about change)
Nations Sold: Germany
MSRP: 50.00 CR

Money Left: 1,381 CR

I also will update my initial car post to include the build cost,

Last edited:
I'm just gonna restart, updated my first post

Also, can we start side brands, like GM has Buick and Chevrolet?

OK, everyone relax now. I have a full-time job so I won't be responding immediately. That said, Lets answer some things:
What about a pay-per-horsepower system? 0.5 cr a bhp for the first 50 bhp/litre, 1 cr for the next 50, and 2 cr per bhp beyond 100 bhp/litre. This would be instead of the turbo/supercharger costs.
No. Multiply those prices by about 100 and maybe it could be done in a later version of the game. Write it down and hold onto so that if you decide to make your own, you've something to build on.
This is a good idea. It sounds more realistic than getting two-digit hp figures out of an almost 6 liter V8.
Something to that, I don't plan on giving absolute numbers. If I can help it I'll use numbers sparingly. Confused? Wait for my first reports.
I don't think the dice rolls should be abandoned, they add a chance element to the game which I believe is vital. It also simulates the development process - you can't just decide to build the greatest car ever and simply do it: you need to spend time and money on developing components. Sometimes you get lucky with the first attempt, sometimes you may need years to develop that perfect engine.

But I also think that the manufacturers should get a bigger influence in how their engines are going to perform, and I think that the displacement could be the key here. If we could simply link engine displacement to power and economy, the dice roll could give a base number and then the displacement acts as a multiplier / divider, with power scaling positively and economy scaling negatively. Like this:

Power

Here's one formula for power (assuming that it's a triple dice roll with dice from 1-6, so that the greatest outcome is 18 (3*6) and the smallest is 3 (3*1)):

Power=(DisplacementInLiters*DiceRoll*20)^0.87

The formula is balanced after the most likely outcome (11). Some examples: A car with a displacement of 0.36 L gets 45 BHP; 0.6 L gives 70 BHP; 1 L = 110 BHP; 2 L = 200 BHP; 3 L = 284 BHP; 4 L = 365 BHP; 5 L = 442 BHP; 6 L = 519 BHP; 7 L = 593 BHP; 8 L = 666 BHP; etc. etc.

Economy

Economy=DiceRoll/(DisplacementInLiters^0.2)

This formula says that the economy improves as displacement goes down. Same assumptions about the dice as in the power formula. Of course, a great roll with a big displacement engine could very well give better economy than a poor roll with a small displacement engine.

If even more control over the development process is wanted, maybe manufacturers can pay extra for extra dice rolls? Like, paying twice the amount for 2 rolls (and the best result is picked)?
I think you have more data to add to your game here, eran. But for this......
The problem is that neither of those variables exists in the game.

There is a correlation between displacement and fuel economy though so it can be used for rough estimates. It won't be perfect but it will be easy to do and it will be better than having a system where the fuel economy is the same for a big V10 as it is for a small 3-cylinder engine. Bringing in fuel injection type, valve type and valve design may be more realistic but it will also be a lot more complicated and when comparing the outcomes between the two different methods and the impact it has on the game it will probably not be worth the extra amount of work it requires from the player and the game master.
I think I may have to find some dice so I can give you all an indicator of what I intend to do. Think there's a Yahtzee game around here somewhere.
I have a question. Can you have two separate brands using same money like Citroen and Peugeot?
If you want to, yes.
Question. Are we still doing the build cost for the vehicles? I ask because if it's at 1% it will only cost me about 9 CR to build my first car.
We are, but I'm handling the numbers on that end. And there is something to counteract that cost.

OK there's the questions on the structure. I'm gonna pick a car and write a review so that you can see what I am looking to do. Also, when it's done, I shall give the last info and re-do the overly clustered OP.

ALSO: Jahgee, you seem to have forgotten about the loan and your third original car. This will go for everyone, if you edit post, make sure all with game info are dealt with accordingly, and after 12 AM Sunday, make a new post as we will have started Q1 2014.

Last edited:
OK, everyone relax now. I have a full-time job so I won't be responding immediately.
No worries. :)
No. Multiply those prices by about 100 and maybe it could be done in a later version of the game. Write it down and hold onto so that if you decide to make your own, you've something to build on.
I think you misunderstood the system, sorry, I didn't explain it well. The prices listed would be per bhp. So if you wanted 120 bhp/litre you'd pay 115 cr. I guess it would also necessitate a cost for displacement, perhaps a multiplier based on cylinder displacement compared to a 500 cc cylinder? Perhaps 25% of the difference. So for a 6 litre V8 one would pay, say, 12.5% more than for an "average" 4 litre V8, since it's 50% larger. (450 cr vs 400) But more displacement would mean cheaper horsepower costs, so you could have it make 400 bhp and only pay 43 cr for power. A 3 litre V6 would pay no more or less for displacement, but would pay 142 cr for the specific output.

I understand if it's not possible to implement it into the game, but what do you think of the idea?

Model Name: Karin Asterope
Trim Levels: Spawn
Body Style(s): 4 Door Sedan
Engine(s): 3.5L V6
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Automatic
Production Factory: Illinois

This is a test...... This is only a test......

(Fake Magazine Name) Gives the Karin Asterope a spin...or few.

If the name doesn't ring a bell, that's because Karin is a part of the newest breed, powering their way into the crowded markets by the big guns. Karin has a better chance than others rising overseas, however, due to it's major competition being Detroit's "Big Three", all of which have been up-and-down in current years. That is for a later rant, however, the Asterope is here and now. Karin's CEO, known only as Jahgee, actually brought me the car to test. A bit worryingly, it arrived on a truck. Asking Mr. Jahgee why the truck was needed, he simply stated that it was a precaution to keep the car as fresh as possible. Wasting no time, it was backed off the truck and I was given the keys. First thing, engine. Nothing extreme, 3.5L Longitudinally mounted V6, but nothing special. It runs well, has average power for it's size, and gives slightly better than average economy. For an automatic, the gear selection is strong, and higher gears will help the Asterope's fuel economy when paired with this engine, but you will know when it shifts. It isn't jarring, but there is a bit of a shake moving either way. On the other hand, the drivetrain and suspension are well built, but doesn't give any sensation, more or less simply doing it's required job and no more. When it comes to appearances, however, it excels. The body is decently built and is rather appealing, but the interior is the headlining feature. Everything flows together, materials are good quality, and as a daily driver it is a welcoming place to be.

Attribute Points:
-Engine Overall>8.3/15
--Build Quality>8/15
--Power Rating>8/15
--Econ Rating>9/15

-Trans Overall>9/15
--Build Quality>7/15
--Ratio Choice>11/15

-Drivetrain Overall>9/15
--Build Quality>11/15
--Handling>7/15

-Body Overall>10/15
--Build Quality>8/15
--Exterior Style>10/15
--Interior Quality>12/15

Overall Rating for Karin Asterope: 9.1/15

THIS TOOK 2 HOURS JUST TO TYPE ON HERE. NEVER AGAIN!

This is a test...... This is only a test......

(Fake Magazine Name) Gives the Karin Asterope a spin...or few.

If the name doesn't ring a bell, that's because Karin is a part of the newest breed, powering their way into the crowded markets by the big guns. Karin has a better chance than others rising overseas, however, due to it's major competition being Detroit's "Big Three", all of which have been up-and-down in current years. That is for a later rant, however, the Asterope is here and now. Karin's CEO, known only as Jahgee, actually brought me the car to test. A bit worryingly, it arrived on a truck. Asking Mr. Jahgee why the truck was needed, he simply stated that it was a precaution to keep the car as fresh as possible. Wasting no time, it was backed off the truck and I was given the keys. First thing, engine. Nothing extreme, 3.5L Longitudinally mounted V6, but nothing special. It runs well, has average power for it's size, and gives slightly better than average economy. For an automatic, the gear selection is strong, and higher gears will help the Asterope's fuel economy when paired with this engine, but you will know when it shifts. It isn't jarring, but there is a bit of a shake moving either way. On the other hand, the drivetrain and suspension are well built, but doesn't give any sensation, more or less simply doing it's required job and no more. When it comes to appearances, however, it excels. The body is decently built and is rather appealing, but the interior is the headlining feature. Everything flows together, materials are good quality, and as a daily driver it is a welcoming place to be.

Attribute Points:
-Engine Overall>8.3/15
--Build Quality>8/15
--Power Rating>8/15
--Econ Rating>9/15

-Trans Overall>9/15
--Build Quality>7/15
--Ratio Choice>11/15

-Drivetrain Overall>9/15
--Build Quality>11/15
--Handling>7/15

-Body Overall>10/15
--Build Quality>8/15
--Exterior Style>10/15
--Interior Quality>12/15

Overall Rating for Karin Asterope: 9.1/15

THIS TOOK 2 HOURS JUST TO TYPE ON HERE. NEVER AGAIN!
91697-key-and-peele-nice-gif-noice-n-Qvwg.gif

I think you misunderstood the system, sorry, I didn't explain it well. The prices listed would be per bhp. So if you wanted 120 bhp/litre you'd pay 115 cr. I guess it would also necessitate a cost for displacement, perhaps a multiplier based on cylinder displacement compared to a 500 cc cylinder? Perhaps 25% of the difference. So for a 6 litre V8 one would pay, say, 12.5% more than for an "average" 4 litre V8, since it's 50% larger. (450 cr vs 400) But more displacement would mean cheaper horsepower costs, so you could have it make 400 bhp and only pay 43 cr for power. A 3 litre V6 would pay no more or less for displacement, but would pay 142 cr for the specific output.

I understand if it's not possible to implement it into the game, but what do you think of the idea?

It's an idea that could work, but it would need the game to be built around it, and a lot of fleshing out in and of itself. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't think it would be a bad idea, but as it stands I don't think it would fit in this game. Mainly, I'm just barely getting it, but that isn't new. Ask eran, he'll tell you how dense I can be.

EDIT: Can't see the pic Jahgee.

E2: Now I can.

Last edited:
@BKGlover 3 questions regarding parts (2 of them only need to be answered if the answer to #1 is Yes)

1 - Can we reuses parts (Like Engines or Bodies)
2 - If we reuse parts, are they rerated?
3 - Can I turbocharge a reused engine, and only pay for the Turbocharger?

It's an idea that could work, but it would need the game to be built around it, and a lot of fleshing out in and of itself. Nothing wrong with that, and I don't think it would be a bad idea, but as it stands I don't think it would fit in this game. Mainly, I'm just barely getting it, but that isn't new. Ask eran, he'll tell you how dense I can be.

EDIT: Can't see the pic Jahgee.

E2: Now I can.
Yeah, apparently there's a gif size limit, had to find another one

@BKGlover 3 questions regarding parts (2 of them only need to be answered if the answer to #1 is Yes)

1 - Can we reuses parts (Like Engines or Bodies)
2 - If we reuse parts, are they rerated?
3 - Can I turbocharge a reused engine, and only pay for the Turbocharger?

Bodies aren't recommended, but yes. You can use the same components, but those components must either be given a code, or name, or you must state that the old part is being used. Once a part is given initial rating, it only gets re-rated if changed or upgraded. Last, as long as you use the existing part, you would only pay for additions. Those additions would get a new rating.
@BKGlover did you not see my company's initial post, because my company's not on the OP yet.

Sorry, mate. Had to look elsewhere for a bit after the issues I had typing out the demo-review. I'm updating entries now.

Bodies aren't recommended, but yes. You can use the same components, but those components must either be given a code, or name, or you must state that the old part is being used. Once a part is given initial rating, it only gets re-rated if changed or upgraded. Last, as long as you use the existing part, you would only pay for additions. Those additions would get a new rating.

Sorry, mate. Had to look elsewhere for a bit after the issues I had typing out the demo-review. I'm updating entries now.
So if I wanted to add a turbo to my engine and reuse it, it would retain the ratings it has, plus the ratings the turbo gets?

So if I wanted to add a turbo to my engine and reuse it, it would retain the ratings it has, plus the ratings the turbo gets?

No. The basic engine would retain it's rating, and the turbo'd version would get a full re-roll. Diesel and superchargers as well.

I have no idea how this will work for me. Not that great at these type of things.

Brand name: Blackhawk Motor and Machinery Corp.
Logo (optional):
Untitled-1.jpg

Headquarters Location: Phoenix, Arizona
CEO: DCybertron
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional): Practical, affordable, and fun cars.
Factory Locations: Mexico, California
Nations Served: U.S, Mexico
Number of Car Models: (be sure to fill the form out for new car models) 1
Cost: 3,350cr (Small Factory + Small Factory + HQ + Dealership chain)

Model Name
: Talon (Not very creative of me :P)
Trim Levels: Talon Coupe,Hatch, Coupe Turbo, Hatch Turbo.
Body Style(s):Coupe, Hatchback (200, 150cr) (Chassis + engines are same for both cars)
Engine(s): 4 cylinder (200cr), Turbocharged (300cr)
Drivetrain(s): F4 (350cr)
Transmission(s): 6-Speed Semi-Automatic (450cr)
Production Factory: Mexico, California
Cost of Development: 1,650
Nations sold: U.S, Mexico, Canada
Price: 20cr
Remaining: 0 cr

Last edited:
Y'all do realize the template stuff in parenthesis can be taken out, right? I only ask because no one's done it.

Anywho, I'll get you in the OP, DC.

Wait a minute. I just looked at the OP and I have to ask. We can set the prices of the cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back