GTPlanet Automaker Simulator: CYOCC 2 (Idiot GM kills game)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 1,260 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't fully understand this. Am I paying best quality for my parts or lowest quality ATM?

I think, if I read what you're question was correctly, you are paying or the lowest base quality atm, but that does not mean it will be the lowest quality (but there is still a 1/15 chance). Paying more simply improves your odds of a better car part.

Presenting the 2015 Pontiac Booneville

mazda6.jpg

Starting Form:Fill this out to start your company. See the expenditures list below to check costs.
Brand name: NW Engineering
Logo (optional): TBD
Headquarters Location: Bologna, Italy
CEO: Ninth Wonder
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional): Supercars, Coupe's
Factory Locations: Bologna,
Nations Served: Australia, Italy, America, Germany, UK
Number of Car Models: 1

Car Model Specification Form:
Fill this out before a new car goes on sale.
Model Name: NW01
Trim Levels: Standard
Body Style(s): Coupe'
Engine(s): 5.0L V10
Drivetrain(s): MR
Transmission(s): 7-Speed Semi-Automatic
Production Factory: Bologna
Description (optional, but helpful):
Cost of Development: 2025cr.
Starting Price: 810cr.
Nations sold
: Australia, Germany, America

Last edited:
@GranTurismo916

I think, if I read what you're question was correctly, you are paying or the lowest base quality atm, but that does not mean it will be the lowest quality (but there is still a 1/15 chance). Paying more simply improves your odds of a better car part.

Wot he said. You have built the things, and that's all. Could get zip, could get perfection.

I'm the most worried about having my one car nerfed by abysmal rolls.

EDIT: Also, I have a couple of questions.

1. I noticed there's no Convertible body style in the OP. Will there be one or should we take it as another Coupe body style? And will there be distinctions for smaller, 2-seat Roadsters and larger, 4-seat Cabriolets? Retractable hardtops? Targas? Etc.
2. Along those lines, would it require another Coupe body style cost to introduce a 2+2 coupe to a lineup already consisting of a 2-seat coupe?

I'm also in the process of adding a bunch more minutiae to my company sheet. CS's are fun.

Last edited:
Mine too...

Anyways, since we're "rendering" our cars..

Here's the 2015 Blackhawk Talon Coupe Turbo. (Rolls right off the tongue, :P)
talon.png

Edit: Added the prices for all 4 Trim Levels.

Last edited:
Just to clear some confusion about dice rolls: When you roll with 1 dice, you have equal chance to get 1-6 (1:6), but as you add more dice the probability changes so that you'll have the highest chance to get the sum for which there are most combinations. With 3 dice, the most likely outcome is 10 or 11 (the odds to get 10 or 11 are 54:216), while getting 3 or 18 is highly unlikely (the odds to get 1 or 18 is 2:216).

This means that the quality of most parts will be somewhere in the middle, around 8 to 13 (or 5 to 10 since the numbers are then subtracted by 3), while higher quality parts (and complete failures) will be more rare.

dicebell.jpg

(The graph above shows the outcome of 1000 simulated rolls with 3 dice, repeated 10 times)

And this brings the interesting question about R&D: Is it worth it? Well, if you only do one level of R&D (adding 15% to the development cost) you only have 0.5% chance of it actually helping, which means it's an expensive insurance against something that's extremely unlikely to happen. Of course, with every extra level of R&D you do (adding 15% to the cost for every level) the higher the chance gets that it will actually be useful. Once you pass the middle of the spectrum it's rather likely that it will help, but then you'll also need to weigh the benefits against the cost (it costs 120% extra to reach the middle, which means you car will be more than twice as expensive to make).

For all doing multiple trims and cars in different factories, start getting your production divisions ready for when I open up convos.

NW Engineering would like to purchase;
Dealership Chain 600cr.
Headquarters 750cr.
-------
Combined Cost= 1350cr.
Current Balance= 2975cr.
-------
Resulting Balance= 1625cr.

Prices set and expendatures adjusted for R200 and R300 for all trim levels.

(Someone please double check the expendatures. Added some extra "R&D"; want to make sure I calculated it correctly.)

In case nobody has figured it out yet, my rendering of the Booneville was a Mazda 6 combined with a Ford Taurus and given a split grille. Using paint.

I'm trying to think of cars I can use for the GTO.

In case nobody has figured it out yet, my rendering of the Booneville was a Mazda 6 combined with a Ford Taurus and given a split grille. Using paint.

I noticed that. Well done, in true GTA style.

I've been occasionally looking for concept cars to use a basis for the Backdraft.

I don't think I could've pulled that off even in Photoshop. 👍

Anyways, for the GTO, maybe a CTS-V with some other front? I don't really know.

Since we're doing renders and I was bored...

Aquila Motors is revealing the breathtaking styling of the Aquila Ace for the first time!

Ace1.jpg

It's really sloppy, but if you stand back and use a lot of imagination it looks okay.

Fuchs AG releases a picture of the newly developed Mk I model. The retro design language and the cheap pricetag will hopefully make this compact sports coupe a popular choise.

mk1.png

Last edited:
I apologize for not having everything done yet, still working right now though. I did remember someone asking about Convertibles, and after some thought I'm making it a 100cr option.

I apologize for not having everything done yet, still working right now though. I did remember someone asking about Convertibles, and after some thought I'm making it a 100cr option.
Well. I think when the time is right I'll make a Luxor Spyder.

Brand name:Holmes Automobile Technologies (HAT)
Logo: TBD
Headquarters Location: Chicago, IL
CEO:Mr. Holmes
Company Focus: Affordable Electric Cars
Factory Locations: Illinois
Nations Served: USA
Number of Car Models: 1

Model Name: E-go
Trim Levels:Standard
Body Style(s): 2-door Hatchback
Engine(s): Electric 85kw.
Drivetrain(s): FF
Transmission(s): N/A
Production Factory: Illinois
Description: A small, Electric, 2-door hatchback used for small to medium length distances.
Cost of Development: 850cr
Nations sold: USA
Price: 22cr

Expenditures List

Headquarters- 750cr
Small Factory- 1,000cr
Electric Motor- 500cr
FF Drivetrain- 200cr
Hatchback body- 150cr
Total Cost- 2,600cr
Total remaining: 2,400cr

Upon thinking about it, I think I need to clarify somethings. Turbos, Superchargers, Diesel, Tandem Axels, and the new Convertible/Roadster option are all additions to the part is correlates to. How this works in theory is that you buy these and they bolt on to the part, making a new variant. The problem I have thought of is that once the upgrades have been made on a normal part, what happens when you take a level 3 NA V8 and bolt a turbo on? No upgrades, no problem, but when upgrades come up, I've decided that adding these extras will not require buying the engine again, but upgrades would not carry over.

EDIT: Thought about the cost of upgrades. Upgrades will be a percentage of the part and the add-ons, so a Turbo V8s base price is 700cr, upgrades will start there.

Last edited:
NW Engineering would like to purchase;
Hand-Built Factory- 400cr.
--------
Current Balance- 1625cr.
--------
Resulting Balance- 1225cr.

Last edited:

I did, as well as 2+2 vs. 2-seat coupes.

Looks like the Backdraft will be getting a roadster version soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back