GTPlanet Automaker Simulator: CYOCC 2 (Idiot GM kills game)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 1,260 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also when can we expect the first motor show to take place? I'm planning to unveil a new, original supercar as soon as I finish sketching it.

@BKGlover I just had an idea. Would it be possible to have a car of the year award? Motortrend does it and it sounds like decent idea.

It would be freakin' awesome if this game had its own fictional car magazine that reviewed/road tested/comparison tested the cars and did a CotY. Juicy sneak peeks and spy shots and rumor mills and reader mail and all that. Lots of work, though...maybe we could all contribute (magazines have multiple editors, right?), obviously not reviewing our own cars (or even direct competitors).

$8 million for a Coupe with a 5.0L V10 is way too much so, I'll bit the bullet and sell the car for less than the development cost.
Price Revision;
NW01 now costs 810cr.
You're going VW Veyron style? Cool. ;)

Guys, I think there's some confusion. Development cost is something you pay once. Production costs are paid once per car built. Production costs are 1/1000 of development cost. Example:

Development Cost: 2000 cr
Production Cost: 2 cr
MSRP: 7 cr

In this example you make 5 cr of profit for every car built. You'll recoup your development costs after 400 sales. If you sell 1400 cars in a quarter, you'll make 5,000 cr in profit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works.

@BKGlover I just had an idea. Would it be possible to have a car of the year award? Motortrend does it and it sounds like decent idea.
We'll see. I'd Like to, but I need to get the attributes down before anything can be crowned.
Also when can we expect the first motor show to take place? I'm planning to unveil a new, original supercar as soon as I finish sketching it.
Well, we ARE past the time I set. Detroit is first, 100cr to show, 50cr for each car taken upto four. I'll do details after I get convos going(and I'm trying).

Guys, I think there's some confusion. Development cost is something you pay once. Production costs are paid once per car built. Production costs are 1/1000 of development cost. Example:

Development Cost: 2000 cr
Production Cost: 2 cr
MSRP: 7 cr

In this example you make 5 cr of profit for every car built. You'll recoup your development costs after 400 sales. If you sell 1400 cars in a quarter, you'll make 5,000 cr in profit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's how it works.
Production costs is something you pay at beginning of every quarter. Production cost is 1% of development cost so that's 1/100 of development cost.

Production costs is something you pay at beginning of every quarter. Production cost is 1% of development cost so that's 1/100 of development cost.
Are you sure?
OP
  • IMPORTANT(8/30): There is a build cost for each car set at 0.1% of the development cost.
  • (8/30) There is also a 1% cost for properties done quarterly.

I think you're thinking of the property maintenance cost. Build or production costs are per car.

Since profits are assumed and calculated by the GM (BKGlover), I'm assuming it's assumed (so many assumptions :P) that you make a profit on your cars as long as your prices are reasonable (i.e. not stupid expensive, which would result in nobody buying it, or stupid cheap, which would result in loss of money with every sale).

I also believe that the better the quality of your car is, the higher you can set the price (without losing customers).

All I need to know is...
Does 1 cr =$1,000?

I'm using a rate of 1 cr = € 5000. If it's 1 cr = $ 1000 then my cars are really cheap! I'm selling my Mk I model for 3.98 cr, which by my rate would be € 19'900. I may have to adjust the price later though, depending on how many cars I sell...

Carob Automotive
Edited Car Company Logo.jpg

Headquarters
Woking, England

CEO
Italian06

Company Focus
Sports Cars
Luxury Estate Cars
Luxury Coupe Cars

Factory Locations
Folkestone England

Nations Served
England
Italy

Number of Car Model
1 Carob Carlton
2 Carob Merlyn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car Models
Model Name: Carob Carlton
Trim Levels: Standard, Type R, Super Modified

Body Style(s):Convertible
Engine(s):V6
Drivetrain(s):FR
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Manual
Production Factory
: Folkestone, England
Description:Two seater sports car with a powerful engine and 6 speed transmission. Can be used as a a Grand tourer for long distance journeys or as an economical city run about. The car has proved popular with the modified car seen and request from tuning shops to modify the body have been received.
Cost of Development: 900cr
Nations Sold: England

Car Price

Standard 15cr

Strandard body with grey or black interior.
Type R 17cr
Type R body kit with carbon fibre front lip,optional rear spoiler and black and red recaro seats.
Super Modified 19cr

Widebody kit with big drift spoiler recaro seats,gauges and optinal twin exhaust.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model Name: Carob Merlyn
Trim Levels: Standard, Type R, Noire Edition

Body Style(s): Hatchback
Engine(s):V6
Drivetrain(s):FR
Transmission(s): 6 Speed Manual

Production Factory: Turin, Italy
Description:Five seater, five door hatch back with a powerful V6 engine, perfect for any bussiness man on long journeys to meeting or a holiday in the alps.
Cost of Development: 850cr
Nations Sold: England, Italy

Car Price

Standard 25cr
Standard body with black interior and red stitching.
Type R 55cr
Type R body kit, lowered suspension and luxury interior.
Noire Edition 65cr
Standard body painted all in black with limited edition Black Rive Wheels and red stitched, black leather interior

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bank

Small Factory 1,000cr
Headquarters 750cr

Carlton
Body Style: 200cr
Engine V6: 300cr
Drivetrain: 250cr
Transmisson 6 Speed Manual: 150cr
Total Cost: 900cr

Savings: 5,000cr
Expenses: 2,650cr
Credits Left: 2,350cr

Handbuilt Factory(Turin,Italy) 400cr
Dealership Chain(Turin,Italy) 600cr

Merlyn
Body Style: 150cr
Engine V6: 300cr
Drivetrain: 250cr
Transmission 6 Speed Manual: 150cr
Total Cost: 850cr

Savings: 2,350cr
Expenses: 1,850cr
Credit Left: 500cr

Last edited:
I also believe that the better the quality of your car is, the higher you can set the price (without losing customers).

Agreed!

I'm using a rate of 1 cr = € 5000. If it's 1 cr = $ 1000 then my cars are really cheap! I'm selling my Mk I model for 3.98 cr, which by my rate would be € 19'900. I may have to adjust the price later though, depending on how many cars I sell...

I'd imagine we all should use the same rate, or else things will get really confusing fast. (How fast? Fuchs Mk.1 fast!) I've just been going off of what BKGlover said.

I'm gonna go with 1 Cr. = $1000 as well, makes pricing for most of my planned cars easy. @BKGlover I don't remember if you answered this, but can I have multiple marquees under one brand (Like Buick & Chevrolet)

I don't have button for that in my computer.

I just Googled "money converter" and you can do all the conversions right on the results page. I have prices in Cr/USD/GBP/JPY (matching the markets my car is sold in) now.

After discussing, Harrbol would like to set the price of the Memrix to 32cr per car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back