GTPlanet Automaker Simulator: CYOCC 2 (Idiot GM kills game)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 1,260 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's right. As for the rest, no additions for them, use them for flavor in the descriptions.

Thanks. đź‘Ť 2+2 has been added.

And there's no distinction between hardtop and soft top?

Might as well add a convertible trim to the talon, with it's like 4 trim levels. :lol:

Once Q1 profits roll in and the convertibles are added, the Backdraft will have 90 different configurations before options. :D

Price revisions:

The Aryeesport Themis now costs 2,250 Cr.
The Aryeesport Hemera now costs 3,850 Cr.

@BKGlover Could you give us some insight into vehicle pricing? More specifically, what sort of prices and profit margins are optimal given the game software? For example, will a certain price or profit margin hurt or benefit sales? I notice that some people are charging thousands of credits for their cars, that's not right, is it? I'd like to have competitive prices, but when I look at other companies it seems like other people either have wildly overpriced cars or haven't done their prices yet. Am I doing it wrong or am I okay, and should I be charging more/less than what I am so that I can sell more cars? Oh, and if I split the development cost between the Interceptor and Ace more equally (they share most of their components anyway) will it make a difference in sales even though MSRP isn't changing, only the difference between MSRP and development cost?

Sorry for the wall of questions, I hope it's vaguely comprehensible.

Real World pricing will not work. I have changed the unit cost to 0.1%, so returns should be better anyway, but the way to think about it is 1cr should relate to $1000-$2000. It's not in stone, but lower double digits are recommended.

Real World pricing will not work. I have changed the unit cost to 0.1%, so returns should be better anyway, but the way to think about it is 1cr should relate to $1000-$2000. It's not in stone, but lower double digits are recommended.
Wait...it's costing me $950,000 to develop my car? :odd:

The economy system needs some work I think. I also think we shouldn't be able to set our own prices.

That means it costs me $4,050,000 just to develop the NW01 in dollars! (Correct me if my mental maths is wrong)

Someone explain their math to me. I just did the cost for the 616 and my calculator said it would cost me .875 CR.

If every car that rolls off the assembly line costs that much, then why are we paying $25,000 for them? :odd:

Not every example costs $950,000. That's just how much it cost to design it, draft it, build a prototype, test the prototype, make tweaks, build more prototypes, make more tweaks, make the tooling, crash test it, advertise it, etc. What each car costs to actually make is probably (hopefully) less than what you sell it for.

For the small amount I know about car development costs, I think the numbers are pretty accurate, honestly.

@DurWinning I think you went the wrong way. 0.1% of the dollar value is the credit value. The Tsukuba Backdraft cost 2,050 credits to develop, which is 0.1% of the dollar value, making the dollar value $2,050,000. Basically, add three zeros from credits to dollars and move the decimal place over three spots from dollars to credits. If the Krieger 616 cost 875 credits to develop, it cost $875,000 to develop. Basically, 1 cr = $1,000.

Not every example costs $950,000. That's just how much it cost to design it, draft it, build a prototype, test the prototype, make tweaks, build more prototypes, make more tweaks, make the tooling, crash test it, advertise it, etc. What each car costs to actually make is probably (hopefully) less than what you sell it for.

For the small amount I know about car development costs, I think the numbers are pretty accurate, honestly.

@DurWinning I think you went the wrong way. 0.1% of the dollar value is the credit value. The Tsukuba Backdraft cost 2,050 credits to develop, which is 0.1% of the dollar value, making the dollar value $2,050,000. Basically, add three zeros from credits to dollars and move the decimal place over three spots from dollars to credits. If the Krieger 616 cost 875 credits to develop, it cost $875,000 to develop. Basically, 1 cr = $1,000.
Oh. Damn this is expensive.

Running a car company isn't cheap. :P Assuming you make a decent profit on every car sold, though, that big sum spent to develop it should pay for itself in time.

Oh. I need to know how much each individual car costs to develop to set a good price for my car then.

Oh. I need to know how much each individual car costs to develop to set a good price for my car then.

Since profits are assumed and calculated by the GM (BKGlover), I'm assuming it's assumed (so many assumptions :P) that you make a profit on your cars as long as your prices are reasonable (i.e. not stupid expensive, which would result in nobody buying it, or stupid cheap, which would result in loss of money with every sale).

That means it costs me $4,050,000 just to develop the NW01 in dollars! (Correct me if my mental maths is wrong)
So that means I'm selling my car for a massive $8 million. Off to make it ALOT cheaper!

Since profits are assumed and calculated by the GM (BKGlover), I'm assuming it's assumed (so many assumptions :P) that you make a profit on your cars as long as your prices are reasonable (i.e. not stupid expensive, which would result in nobody buying it, or stupid cheap, which would result in loss of money with every sale).
Okay, so 2,250,000 Cr. for my "affordable" car is way too much. :lol:

Price Revisions:

The Aryeesport Themis now costs 18.45 Cr.
The Aryeesport Hemera now costs 22.85 Cr.

I've started a spreadsheet for my company, where I'm planning future models, trims and body styles.

This is way too much fun, and it hasn't even started yet.

Thank you for nailing this on the head.

So I'm selling my Asterope for 26K, I'll take it. Can't wait for my end game car idea

$8 million for a Coupe with a 5.0L V10 is way too much so, I'll bite the bullet and sell the car for less than the development cost.
Price Revision;
NW01 now costs 810cr.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back