GTPlanet Automaker Simulator: CYOCC 2 (Idiot GM kills game)

• Thread starter BKGlover
  • 1,260 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand name: Pontiac (yes, I'm reviving it with no GM ownership)
Logo (optional):
pontiac-logo-1024x640.jpg

Headquarters Location:
Dayton, Ohio
CEO: Jason Lapherty
Company Focus: Mainstream and performance cars
Factory Locations: Small Factory in Dayton
Nations Served: 2 (USA and Canada)
Number of Car Models: 2

Model Name
: GTO
Trim Levels: Base, Racing Sport (RS)
Body Style(s): 2+2 Coupe
Engine(s): 6.4L Supercharged V8 (E-001)
Drivetrain(s): FR-001
Transmission(s): 6-Speed Manual (MT-001)
Production Factory: Dayton
Description: A modern American sports car, true to it's purpose. Not a modern design of a classic like the Mustang or the Camaro, or a rebadged Holden, but an original Pontiac. The two trims have the same engine while the RS trim gives you a NASCAR-style spoiler, a flat floor, no back seats, Recaro front seats, a rollcage, towing hooks, and foglights.
Cost of Development: 1200cr
Nations sold: US and Canada
Price: $24,000 for Base, $29,000 for RS

Model Name: Booneville
Trim Levels: Base, Sport (S), Racing Sport (RS)
Body Style(s): Sedan
Engine(s): 4.0L V6 (Base), 6.4L Supercharged V8 (S and RS)
Drivetrain(s): FR-001 (same platform as the GTO)
Transmission(s): MT-001 (same as GTO), 6-Speed Auto AT-001
Description: Own the road with the new Booneville sports sedan from Pontiac. The speed of a muscle car with room for the whole family.
Cost of Development: 1800cr
Price: $16,500 for base, $21,000 for Sport, $28,500 for Racing Sport

Expenditures:
Small Factory- 1,000
Headquarters- Dayton- 750
Dealership- Vancouver- 600
Dealership- Phoenix- 600
GTO Coupe Body Style- 200
Booneville Sedan Body Style- 200
E-001 (V8 w/ SC)- 600
E-002 (V6)- 300
MT-001 (6M)- 150
AT-001 (6A)- 300
FR-001 Drivetrain (same platform for Booneville and GTO)- 250

Remaining credits: 50 (if my mental math is correct)

Last edited:
Brand name: Pontiac (yes, I'm reviving it with no GM ownership)
Logo (optional): View attachment 213888
Headquarters Location:
Dayton, Ohio
CEO: Jason Lapherty
Company Focus: Mainstream and performance cars
Factory Locations: Small Factory in Dayton
Nations Served: 2 (USA and Canada)
Number of Car Models: 2

Model Name
: GTO
Trim Levels: Base, Racing Sport (RS)
Body Style(s): 2+2 Coupe
Engine(s): 6.4L Supercharged V8 (E-001)
Drivetrain(s): FR-001
Transmission(s): 6-Speed Manual (MT-001)
Description: A modern American sports car, true to it's purpose. Not a modern design of a classic like the Mustang or the Camaro, or a rebadged Holden, but an original Pontiac. The two trims have the same engine while the RS trim gives you a NASCAR-style spoiler, a flat floor, no back seats, Recaro front seats, a rollcage, towing hooks, and foglights.
Cost of Development: 1200cr
Price: $31,000 for Base, $35,000 for RS

Model Name: Booneville
Trim Levels: Base, Sport (S), Racing Sport (RS)
Body Style(s): Sedan
Engine(s): 4.0L V6 (Base), 6.4L Supercharged V8 (S and RS)
Drivetrain(s): FR-001 (same platform as the GTO)
Transmission(s): MT-001 (same as GTO), 6-Speed Auto AT-001
Description: Own the road with the new Booneville sports sedan from Pontiac. The speed of a muscle car with room for the whole family.
Cost of Development: 1800cr
Price: $19,500 for base, $32,000 for Sport, $34,500 for Racing Sport

Expenditures:
Small Factory- 1,000
Headquarters- Dayton- 750
Dealership- Vancouver- 600
Dealership- Phoenix- 600
GTO Coupe Body Style- 200
Booneville Sedan Body Style- 200
E-001 (V8 w/ SC)- 600
E-002 (V6)- 300
MT-001 (6M)- 150
AT-001 (6A)- 300
FR-001 Drivetrain (same platform for Booneville and GTO)- 250

Remaining credits: 50 (if my mental math is correct)
You forgot to factor in the cost of the factory and the headquarters.

You forgot to factor in the cost of the factory and the headquarters.

For what calculation? Development cost is independent for production cost, the factories and dealers.

Yeah, but you get a total budget of 5,000 cr for the entire thing.
I almost did the same thing, don't worry.

For what calculation? Development cost is independent for production cost, the factories and dealers.
Your mental math is correct. It is 4,950 CR to develop the car. But you need 750 CR for your HQ and 1,000 CR for the factory. Problem is if you factor in these costs you would be 1,700 CR in debt. So you either have to take a loan or rework some of your car models.

All of my expenditures, including each part and the factories, HQ and dealers, are at the end of the post adding up to 4950. No idea what you guys are talking about.

Your mental math is correct. It is 4,950 CR to develop the car. But you need 750 CR for your HQ and 1,000 CR for the factory. Problem is if you factor in these costs you would be 1,700 CR in debt. So you either have to take a loan or rework some of your car models.
I just used the calculator and got 4,950...

All of my expenditures, including each part and the factories, HQ and dealers, are at the end of the post adding up to 4950. No idea what you guys are talking about.
My apologies. I reread your post and noticed that you did actually put the costs of both the HQ and the factory in. My bad.

An RP? On GTP? About car companies? Of course I'll join. That is, assuming I'm not too late.

Tsukuba Motor Company (TMC)
Untitled-1_zpsf41f926e.jpg

"Conquer life's corners."

Logo:
Although a better, more detailed/ornate/interesting logo will eventually be completed, for now this serves as a simple depiction of the company's "Double-T" symbol.
Headquarters Location: Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. The company was not named after the Tsukuba Circuit located in the neighboring city of Shimotsuma, but the actual city of Tsukuba where it was founded. However, the company has used the circuit as a test track for its vehicles since its inception. (-750cr)
CEO: Nakamura Soujiro (In case anyone's wondering, that's my real name Japanese-ified via this handy site.)
Company Focus: Quirky, fashionable vehicles of all types for the savvy common man.
Factory Locations: Saitama, Saitama Prefecture, Japan. Suburb of Greater Tokyo. (small, -1000cr)
Nations Served: Japan (Dealerships most highly saturated in the Tokyo Metropolis/Greater Tokyo Area), United States (Strong continental US dealer presence from coast to coast, with a single dealership in Hawaii. Dealer chain: -600cr), United Kingdom (Dealer chain: -600cr).
Number of Car Models: One

Remaining Budget: 5,000 - 2,950 = 2,050 cr.

Model Name: Backdraft
Trim Levels:
  • Dime - basic, low cost trim. MSRP 15cr / USD15,000 / GBP9,036.42 / JPY1,561,125.
  • Sport - performance oriented trim. MSRP 17cr / USD17,000 / GBP10,241.27 / JPY1,769,275.
  • Ritz - luxury/comfort oriented trim. MSRP 20cr / USD20,000 / GBP12,048.56 / JPY2,081,500.
  • Sport Turbo - MSRP 18.5cr / USD18,500 / GBP11,144.91 / JPY1,925,387.50.
  • Ritz Turbo - MSRP 21.5cr / USD21,500 / GBP12,952.20 / JPY2,237,612.50.
  • Sport X - Sport with 4WD. MSRP 20cr / USD20,000 / GBP12,048.56 / JPY2,081,500.
  • Ritz X - Ritz with 4WD. MSRP 23cr / USD23,000 / GBP13,855.84 / JPY2,393,725.
  • Sport X Turbo - MSRP 21.5cr / USD21,500 / GBP12,952.20 / JPY2,237,612.50.
  • Ritz X Turbo - MSRP 24.5cr / USD24,500 / GBP14,759.48 / JPY2,549,837.50.
  • All trims available in all three body styles and with manual or automatic transmissions. +$300/0.3cr for 2+2 body style, +$700/0.7cr for Sedan body style, +$500/0.5cr for automatic transmission. Before options, highest price possible is Ritz X Turbo automatic sedan at $25,800/25.8cr.
Body Styles:
  • Coupe (2-seat, 200cr)
  • 2+2 (4-seat)
  • Sedan (4- or 5-seat (Dime = 5, Sport = 4 or 5, Ritz = 4), 200cr)
Engine: KR21 two-rotor Wankel (400cr), turbocharger (300cr)
Drivetrains: RR (200cr), R4 (300cr)
Transmissions: KT6M 6-speed manual (150cr), KT6A 6-speed automatic (300cr)
Production Factory: Saitama
Description (aka company blurb): The Backdraft is Tsukuba's first venture into the international car market. Named for its rear-mounted Wankel twin-rotor engine, the Backdraft features compelling styling sure to turn heads and a variety of options, including four-wheel-drive, two body styles and turbocharging. Buyers can have their Backdraft sporty or luxurious, and are rewarded with a uniquely engaging driving experience no matter which trim they choose. Tested thoroughly at the Tsukuba Circuit, the Backdraft ensures both comfortable, safe and enjoyable city driving and satisfaction at the track. Show up to work, a track day, a night on the town, or even a romantic evening and the Backdraft will be right at home as your faithful companion, impressing all who lay their eyes on it.
Cost of Development: 2,050cr
Nations Sold: Japan, United States, United Kingdom

Final Remaining Budget: 0 cr.

Last edited:
Do you know that the headquarter works as first dealership chain, and you have to buy dealership chain only when you enter to new country?

Do you know that the headquarter works as first dealership chain, and you have to buy dealership chain only when you enter to new country?

I wasn't sure, since the dealership chain is specifically located in a different (nearly, but still different) part of Japan, so I added the cost just to be safe.

I wasn't sure, since the dealership chain is specifically located in a different (nearly, but still different) part of Japan, so I added the cost just to be safe.
Also the California dealership chain can cover whole USA.

I read the OP, and to point out Avalon Motors is based in Plymouth, England (Nearest big city to me). Just to aviod any confusion (I saw you had put a ? after the place, so you were not sure if it was based in Britian or 'Murica).

Brand name: RaceTech International
Logo (optional): None Currently
Headquarters Location: Tokyo, Japan
CEO: Jamie Neild(moi)
Company Focus (ex. Supercars, SUV's, etc., optional): Sporty cars which can easily be developed into racing cars
Factory Locations: Tokyo, Japan
Nations Served: Japan, America, United Kingdom
Number of Car Models:2

Model Name: Lancer
Trim Levels:
RS: 21,100
WRC: 24,250cr
Blue Line: 27,500cr
Body Style(s): Small Hatchback (150cr)
Engine(s): Turbo Charged Inline 4 2000cc (500cr)
Drivetrain(s): All-Time All Wheel Drive (350cr)
Transmission(s): 6-speed Manual (150cr)
Production Factory: Tokyo, Japan
Description (optional, but helpful): A small, turbo-charged rocket, it was developed to compete against Subaru's STi models as well as take the fight to the Mercedes A45 AMG and the Audi RS3
Cost of Development: 1,150cr
Nations sold: United Kingdom, America, Japan
*Test and performance data will be determined by the GM.

Model Name: Protege
Trim Levels:
RS: 25,500cr
Blue Line:26,650cr
Blue Line+:29,550cr
Body Style(s): Station Wagon (250cr)
Engine(s): Turbo Charged Inline 4 2000cc (development done for the Lancer)
Drivetrain(s): All-time All Wheel Drive (development done for the Lancer)
Transmission(s): 6-speed manual (development done for the Lancer)
Production Factory: Tokyo, Japan
Description (optional, but helpful): Based on the RTi01X chassis(same as the Lancer) this is the "grown up family car" Developed to allow dad the opportunity to beat people on the track before he goes to pick junior up from school.
Cost of Development: 250cr
Nations sold: United Kingdom, Japan, America
*Test and performance data will be determined by the GM.

Total cost:
Factory(Small):1,000cr
HQ:750cr
Dealer Chain(times 2):1,200cr
4-Cylinder:200cr
Turbo:300cr
F4 drivetrain:350cr
6-Speed manual:150cr
Hatchback:150cr
Wagon:250cr
---------------------
Total:4,350cr
Total remaining:650cr

Hopefully everything is correct.

I would love to do this but don't completely get it

Its quite simple really, just takes a bit of time. Fill in the form on the OP, the make one or two cars using the format provided. The part prices listed are base costs, and you can add more money for R&D if you want (this makes them more likely to be of a higher quality). Add up the costs for your company, take from 5000, add with loans if needed. If you need anymore help, just ask.

For a simple car company, you need:

HQ (750)
1 or 2 Small Car Factorys (1000 each)
A couple of body styles (Base Prices vary, R&D is added)
An engine (4 or 6 cylinders I recommend)
A drivetrain (FF or FR is a good start)
A gearbox. (5 or 6 speed Manual to get things started)

Hope this helps,

Carmain2K.

Its quite simple really, just takes a bit of time. Fill in the form on the OP, the make one or two cars using the format provided. The part prices listed are base costs, and you can add more money for R&D if you want (this makes them more likely to be of a higher quality). Add up the costs for your company, take from 5000, add with loans if needed. If you need anymore help, just ask.

For a simple car company, you need:

HQ (750)
1 or 2 Small Car Factorys (1000 each)
A couple of body styles (Base Prices vary, R&D is added)
An engine (4 or 6 cylinders I recommend)
A drivetrain (FF or FR is a good start)
A gearbox. (5 or 6 speed Manual to get things started)

Hope this helps,

Carmain2K.

Cheers that really helped could you also explain this dice thing aswell

I think how the dice works is it is three rolls between 1 and 15, from which the numbers are averaged. If you pay R&D costs the base number increases, so a bit (15cr or something) would be 2-15, and then about double (so 15+22 or something) that gives you 3-15. Tbh I don't really understand it myself (ask Eran or BK about that, they were the ones who made that part of the game, I just Beta tested). Hope this helps.

Wait a minute. I just looked at the OP and I have to ask. We can set the prices of the cars?
A-yup. New for this game, and it does factor into the possible sales.

@JMoney689 J, I'll tell you that you won't sell anything if you try those prices. The game is mostly to scale, the prices need to be as well. Be thankful eran kept me from forcing you all not to be greedy.

An RP? On GTP? About car companies? Of course I'll join. That is, assuming I'm not too late.

Even as we get going, more can join as they please.

I read the OP, and to point out Avalon Motors is based in Plymouth, England (Nearest big city to me). Just to aviod any confusion (I saw you had put a ? after the place, so you were not sure if it was based in Britian or 'Murica).

Wasn't sure if England, Scotland, Wales, etc...

I would love to do this but don't completely get it

Carmain has explained it well. The dice rolls are 3 D6 dice, totaling from 3 to 18, resulting in a scale from 0(Broken, won't work.) to 15(Greatest thing evar!). Paying 15% of the base price is one layer of R&D in a part, resulting in the minimum of a 1. 15% of that is level 2, with a minimum of 2. 15% of that is level 3, and it continues until a max of 15.

Yup. Thats why my parts are like 3 times more expensive then they are said to be. I used it to make sure I spent as much money as possible to maximise my start.

I'm going to start on all these shortly.

Carmain has explained it well. The dice rolls are 3 D6 dice, totaling from 3 to 18, resulting in a scale from 0(Broken, won't work.) to 15(Greatest thing evar!). Paying 15% of the base price is one layer of R&D in a part, resulting in the minimum of a 1. 15% of that is level 2, with a minimum of 2. 15% of that is level 3, and it continues until a max of 15.
So I can pay 15% as many times as I want?

Due to poor initial sales figures, Pontiac has reduced the suggested sales price for all models (see OP).

Renderings for the GTO and Booneville will come soon.

I don't fully understand this. Am I paying best quality for my parts or lowest quality ATM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back