GTPlanet Near 200.000 Users

• Thread starter GT4me
  • 111 comments
Famine may i have a questin those who rigester from long ago with zero posts are they called spam bots or what ?
No, a "spam bot" is simply a user (presumably one that's automated) that signs up to do nothing but post advertisements (spam).

A lurker is simply a member who joins the site and may visit regularly but never posts, hence they lurk around in the shadows not wanting to be seen/known. Therefore a lurker has to be at least vaguely active. Someone who joins and never posts/comes back after the day of joining is not a lurker.

A spambot is completely different however to someone who joins but never posts or a lurker.

bonobo4
A lurker is simply a member who joins the site and may visit regularly but never posts, hence they lurk around in the shadows not wanting to be seen/known. Therefore a lurker has to be at least vaguely active. Someone who joins and never posts/comes back after the day of joining is not a lurker.

A spambot is completely different however to someone who joins but never posts or a lurker.

I used to be a lurker... for over a year. :nervous:
But I finally decided to come back! :D (unfortunately for you guys)

i think those who lurks life\s here in the forum is useless why register and no posts

no asking/answering/replying or whatever

Why do they do that ?

and TA95 You will be executed :lol:

200,182 Registered Users
Welcome to our newest member, tanja82!

we gotta a new guy

number 200'182

Many users just post once, get their question answered, and then leave. Some find their answer(s) from reading and snooping around, but never feel they have to post. Sometimes people just get distracted by something else, and move along. Not everyone is a GT junkie.

Case in point, I checkout one forum weekly that I've been a member for almost 11 years, but have perhaps 120 posts. Sometimes, if there's nothing to say, or nothing to add...

Pupik
Many users just post once, get their question answered, and then leave. Some find their answer(s) from reading and snooping around, but never feel they have to post.

Sometimes people just get distracted by something else, and...

I signed up, asked a question, then didn't sign back in for about a year. Just couldn't be bothered, then I forgot my password...
Took me a while to remember it. And 1000 posts later and here I am! :D

I lurk a lot more than I post.

Pretty easy to do really. You read and view everything daily but can go weeks without posting unless you really feel like you can contribute.

I was told a while back (I think in a thread or by Famine) that the number in the user URL is incorrect, its around a hundred less than that figure.

Mine says 22,552 but is actually 22,442 apparently.

As for the 200,000 user I hope its someone who sticks around, jwane was around a while but has disappeared.... we need him back to pass on the award!

Robin.

He hasn't posted once. :(

I lurk a lot more than I post.

Pretty easy to do really. You read and view everything daily but can go weeks without posting unless you really feel like you can contribute.

Be like me and post random stuff that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Back