GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Ebbro goes so far into detail, All the emblems are sepperate metal looking badges..even the little badge on the side under the (Z) ...i spent 30 minutes just looking over the model, and found something new about every 30 seconds..God i love ebbro..i can't wait for the rest to arive, This one car blows my kyosho 1:43 models right away...tbh If you have the financial means...Do not, and i mean DO NOT hesitate to buy any ebbro 1:43 model..you will blown away each time.[/COLOR][/B]

My current favorite brand. Edit: Ebbro and Spark are my preferred manufacturers right now, those details are crazy.

I got the triple a Vantage 2011 from them. The first was not up to scratch, got a replacement and that's just mint. If there's ever a competition how many tiny decals one can fit on a car, the SuperGT Ebbros take an easy win. Considering everything, the price tag is really okay.

My current favorite brand. Edit: Ebbro and Spark are my preferred manufacturers right now, those details are crazy.

I got the triple a Vantage 2011 from them. The first was not up to scratch, got a replacement and that's just mint. If there's ever a competition how many tiny decals one can fit on a car, the SuperGT Ebbros take an easy win. Considering everything, the price tag is really okay.
Spark is another one i am interested in, Really want this resin Porsche 911 turbo 86' i was looking at on ebay, 109 bucks.... but the z was 60 original but down to 54 with free shipping, so i guess it's not to bad,I mean you get so much car... But you know, 1:43 scale collecting is addictive...you could easily end up spending a grand and not even knowing it.

And when i first got into 1:43 scale...i thought it would be cheaper then doing 1:18...damn i was wrong. i was so used to the cheap little 1:43 scale maisto pull backs...didn't even know about the world of exclusive 1:43 models..or even budget models, now i do and it's been a great experience and will continue to be, Also ebbro go crazy on little decals..i mean even on the dashboard...pretty much everywhere the real car has them, i commend them for that.

IMG_0519_zps33e5bf43.jpg

1:24 from Maisto.

Last edited:
Spark is another one i am interested in, Really want this resin Porsche 911 turbo 86' i was looking at on ebay, 109 bucks.... but the z was 60 original but down to 54 with free shipping, so i guess it's not to bad,I mean you get so much car... But you know, 1:43 scale collecting is addictive...you could easily end up spending a grand and not even knowing it.

A GRAND!? My goodness thats a sum. :P
On the topic of Spark, I wanted to find out more about their C6R GT2 Corvettes, especially the Larbre Competition one.

Honestly the front looks strangely amiss to me and the rear bumper is seems a tad off too (photo from internet).

SP_S2543a.jpg

larbre-corvette-wec.jpg

Id happily buy their GT1 Corvettes though. Aside from Spark I dont think anyone else makes GT2 Corvettes sadly...

@AMG definitely an autoart. 👍

I have a midnight purple nsx from ebbro in 1:24. It is never listed, couldn't find anything about it. But bought it anyway. :)
The color really needs sunlight to show itself because it goes from purple to black.

nsxpurple.jpg

And i finaly made a picture of the 930 porsche 911 turbo.

EB24031.jpg

Also never officialy released but it was in one bruchure and has been seen on some modelcar shows. EB24031.

Evolution in 1:24.

911-1973-1977.jpg

911-noses.jpg

I've heard Spark criticised for not being 100% true to the originals, but I'm rather happy with them, as the models work. So it really could be the model being a bit off, but the overall impression of my models (both 911 Frikadelli Porsches and a plain body GT40 GT3) is amazing. Paint job flawless. They rely on transfer paper decals, too, but nicely done and only visible under extreme bright light and a macro lense photo.

It's about time we see 1:24 scale in here...It's mostly just 1:43 And 1:18, so with that, i'll start posting my 1:24 :D And amazing porsches Ram, and do post the photo in sun light of the nsx!

My bad. It's a 1/18 Norev Citroën DS 23 Pallas that I picked up from a visit to the Barrett-Jackson last week. Pretty nicely detailed car, albeit a bit fragile. Half of the antennae snapped right off and flew someplace where I can't see it when I was dusting the car off with a cloth. :scared:

Didn't realise Barrett-Jackson had a niche for die-cast cars. How much was it? What other brands/sizes did they have? Nice photos. 👍

Will do, just have to wait for the sun to show itself :)
Also, you're 1:43 collection is just amazing, Probably the best iv'e seen in my life, I like how it was alfas, but mixed with alot of japanese cars, Reminds of my collection...but only half the size Lol.
But my collection, counting the models on the way...70%japanese20%europe10%American..with some korean 1:18 scales aswell! Gen coupe and gen sedans, both amazing models from minikraft out of soul korea... expensive as hell though...and prices way jacked up on ebay

New one today the Cleland Cavalier

8417480867_aef52f15f6_z.jpg

Also got Craig Lowndes to sign my base :D
8417486911_8465bf00d0_z.jpg

8418583990_3fdaf1967d_z.jpg

He also signed my programme along with Richard Davidson father of Will Davidson in the V8's and also Tommy Bryce who did the Monte in 1954
8417484043_e98823f274_z.jpg

Didn't realise Barrett-Jackson had a niche for die-cast cars. How much was it? What other brands/sizes did they have? Nice photos. 👍

You can find just about anything there. Corvette memorabilia, mattresses, Chick Fil-A, southwestern decorative stuff, and of course diecasts. It was quite a large booth there chock full of mostly 1/18 scale cars, but there were a handful of smaller sizes out front, and a couple of 1/14 or 1/12 cars. Of course, the markup was ridiculous (I saw a Maisto 1/18 Porsche there for 50 bucks when I got the same thing from Costco for 1/5th of that), but there was still a nice selection of high quality cars worth the price. Mainly 50s-70s American and European stuff, though there were some modern cars and Asian cars there as well. I didn't pay much attention to the brands but I saw Norev, Autoart, Maisto and Bburago in the mix. The DS 23 I picked up was 90 bucks, which I feel is a decent price for the car in comparison to the $115 Autoart Porsche 911 I have as far as quality goes. Good selection of cars overall though. I was having trouble deciding between two different 190SLs, a variety of Chevrolet trucks, and the Citroen.

I know what you mean with ebbro and 1:43.
I really like their honda historic F1 cars.

RA271

ra271.jpg

RA272

ra272.jpg

ra272b.jpg

RA273

ra273.jpg

RA300

ra300.jpg

RA301

ra301.jpg

RA302

ra302.jpg

Some model cars i got have become much more expensive, but that was not my motivation for collecting. I just collect the ones i like.

All of the goodness in this thread just bumped my watch list on eBay to 60+ items :lol:.

My collection is rather small; a beat-up 1:24 Viper GTS from either Maisto or Bburago (I can't find the box or stand any more), a 1/18 Shelby Series 1 from Bburago, and a 1:18 first-facelift GD Impreza Rally Car sans all stickers from AutoArt. Oh, and the 1:43 GT-R that came with GT5CE.

I've been meaning to expand the collection with a 1:18 of a specific SuperGT Z, and wanted to stay at that size, but it's so pricey, and it seems like 1:43 offers a lot of unexpected options with the savings to boot. They'd also be a bit easier to convince the missus about :P

Also got Craig Lowndes to sign my base :D
8417486911_8465bf00d0_z.jpg

8418583990_3fdaf1967d_z.jpg
How in the blue blazes did you get that?? Awesome man. Back when CC still made good models.
Was Lowndes sporting his trademark smile? :)

Oh and I want to ask, do the wheels on HPI's 1/43 scale models roll? Can they be removed from the baseplate? So close to pulling the trigger on the order now!

Last edited:
Oh and I want to ask, do the wheels on HPI's 1/43 scale models roll? Can they be removed from the baseplate? So close to pulling the trigger on the order now!

HPI models do indeed roll (at least the diecast ones of sure) and yes, they can be unscrewed from their bases. You won't regret buying an HPI 👍

And I have a pretty substantial 1/43 collection myself :sly:
100_5313s.jpg

Missing a burnt orange AUTOart Lamborghini Diablo VT Coupe and a Spark Chrysler LMP that I got after I took that pic though...

Supa mod post in thread, Thread doing fine and healthy, only time i usually see a super mod is when a thread is being close and they use a mod witty closing statement. But back on topic, it's ok to have a small collection, It's not really about the size it's about what you like.. just some people have been collecting for years on end(me included) you will get there eventually:tup:

Some 1:24 maisto love

FYI, i added felt and alot more details to most model...so transform from budget to elite..Lol.

DSCN1672.jpg

DSCN1673.jpg

DSCN1674.jpg

DSCN1666.jpg

DSCN1664.jpg

DSCN1658.jpg

Added felt, and alot other details.

Nice ^ but post needs more details, felt is not enough, what else did you do. I'm curious.

How in the blue blazes did you get that?? Awesome man. Back when CC still made good models.
Was Lowndes sporting his trademark smile? :)

Get what? The base? Car? Sig?

Get what? The base? Car? Sig?

Should have chose my words more carefully - Those.
How'd you arrive at getting all 3? Im pretty sure these are rare as hens teeth on the market.

And wow the metallic flake on that NSX looks nice! Reminds me of my AA R34.

By the way, however unlikely it is I gotta ask, any other Singaporean users on here?

Nice stretch of the imagination to come up with such a road car. Imagine having one off those apearing next to you at the redlight. :eek:

Should have chose my words more carefully - Those.
How'd you arrive at getting all 3? Im pretty sure these are rare as hens teeth on the market.

And wow the metallic flake on that NSX looks nice! Reminds me of my AA R34.

By the way, however unlikely it is I gotta ask, any other Singaporean users on here?

I've had the base and the model for nearly 6 years, I had the car on pre-order then the base was made by the store i bought it from and i got Lowndes to sign it yesterday when i met him.

Well when i say i got him to sign it i meant my mum....i was slightly distracted by this
8417410137_d9c523209e_z.jpg

I've got a few Onyx 1:43s. They're '88/'89 F1 and some Jag and Porsche Group C although they are a bit dusty and ahve seen better days.

mclaren2.jpg

http://davidanderson.org.uk/images/models/benetton2.jpg[/img

[img]http://davidanderson.org.uk/images/models/march2.jpg

minardi1.jpg

ferrari1.jpg

williams1.jpg

jaguar1.jpg

jaguar3.jpg

porsche1.jpg

More here

Back