GTPlanet Scale model thread

• Thread starter bondy_1625
  • 15,837 comments
Got any road cars daan? ...you kind of making me want to start collecting GT2 cars or LMP's....
I have a load of old Bburago road cars, but they're just sitting in a box at the minute. I made a decision a few years ago to concentrate on collecting sports cars and LMs. The only road cars I currently have on display are an Autoart RX8, Hotwheels Enzo & the Miura.

Here's a shot of my collection back in 2008.

Dsc00471.jpg

I still have all of them somewhere with the exception of the red Exoto GT40 that I sold to Holdenhsvgtsr last year, and the RS200 that Famine now has.

I also haven't bought anything for few years.

Speaking of you're burago's i see alot, when they were made in italy, they had so much quality. is that a burago M roadster? i have one aswell but i added felt, and detailed the headlights to a black housing, alot of people mistake it for an autoart. I'm going to take some pics to show how it looks now.

I really need you help guys, has anyone had problems with paint chipping off inside edges of doors (near the hinge) on 1:18 scale models?

It seems that in the pursuit of realism they have starting making the hinges ultra flush rather than Maisto's method of having doors swing outwards on a curved metal bar. The problem is that even if you open the doors slightly it can catch the quarter panel and chip.

EDIT- I found an image which describes what I mean...

p1060785pw9.jpg

Anyone having this issue?

Last edited:
Robin - I have seen that problem before - but on older cars. Not sure whether the manufacturing process has improved on the more recent products. Paint technology has improved a lot though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's too many damn hot cars in this thread now. Too. Damn. Many.

Well, one of the things I like about collecting models - is the comparisons I can do with the cars - everything from comparing wheelbases to the lines that contribute to Cd.

IMG_0223_zpsed646003.jpg

On the left: MotorMax. On the right: Maisto. Both 1:24.
Iconic cars IRL.

How did you come by PD Ford, I remember seeing it on your website a looong time ago. I just ebayed it and it doesn't show up one at all :D

To those more knowledgable on collectible diecasts - is there any sense in gathering the "stealths" they're currently producing?

Indeed - typed in the wrong search criteria. :embarrassed:

I get that a lot :lol:

Januari the 12th, I bought a 1:18 Porsche on eBay from a Dutch guy, after 5 days I got the message he didn't had time to send it and would include a present when he had. Few days ago I got the message he sent it, so hoping it'll arrive soon. And what would the present be? :dopey:

edit;
Some of those 1:43 Ebbro's are pretty expensive, for their size. Detailing is stunning though, as seen on Ramanujan's photos. I think I'll set the limit at €50,- for these models.

Last edited:
Yes!

My final two models are finally nearly at my doorstep! The Spark Porsche WSC-95 is currently on a truck and should be here tomorrow or on Wednesday. DHL had lost this model so CK Modelcars had to send a new model. It was sent from CK Modelcars on Friday, and now on Monday it is already being driven to my door. That's some impressive shipping right there!

As for the Audi R15, I had to send a receipt to customs as the package didn't specify what it contained (damn them lazy Italians!), so it should be here this week as well.

Been looking forward to these two models probably the most out of all my recent purchases, I cannot wait to share these models with you guys! 👍

Aye, the R15 is a Norev model, not a Spark.

I'm not sure whether Spark makes the R15 TDI, but I do know they make the R15+ TDI which won Le Mans in 2010. Those are very pricey, but I only paid £40 for the Norev R15 which doesn't seem like a bad deal considering the Spark R15+ can go for as much as 120 euros on Ebay.

I'll have to get the R15+ and R18 made by Spark at some point, but those expensive models will have to wait for a bit. And I really need to get all those winning Audi R8's as well.

I just want Norev to make an R18, Spark is in my price range but Im still a student and saving is not easy. :scared:
I wonder why CK dont have Norev's 908's though.

After a long wait...

1:18 Spark T.W.R. Porsche WSC-95, winner of the 24 hour of Le Mans 1997:

twrporsche1.jpg

twrporsche2.jpg

twrporsche3.jpg

twrporsche4.jpg

twrporsche5.jpg

twrporsche6.jpg

twrporsche7.jpg

Very pricey, no opening parts, fixed wheels. But very detailed at that and overall a spectacular looking model!

It displays VERY nicely though. Body lines look super crisp.
And interesting to see Team Joest ran them back then as well. I honestly dont know how long they been running LMP1's.

Looks great Bram!

edit;
I got my Porsche GT1!! :D Took a while for him to sent it and for that he included an extra car, it's an 1:18 Porsche 550 Spider! COOL! :D

Last edited:
Woot woot, i'm so happy...6 more came today, well yesterday but i was at work...anyway, my god the detail is breathtaking...i can't put in into words, man i love ebbro, pics soon, just trying to figure out what car to shoot first.

Woot woot, i'm so happy...6 more came today, well yesterday but i was at work...anyway, my god the detail is breathtaking...i can't put in into words, man i love ebbro, pics soon, just trying to figure out what car to shoot first.

Just shoot all and show us!! :D

Crappiest photo ever but had to rush for work.
43517584.jpg

Just shoot all and show us!! :D

Ebbro 1:43 batch part 2.

Was a ...Very good today.

DSCN1731-Copy.jpg
another day, another batch of supremely detailed diecast/resin flying to my door...

DSCN1729.jpg

First car that caught my eye was this amazing MR2...and a plethora of features.

Ebbro oldies series limited edition 1011 psc Toyota MR2 16G DOHC. 1:43 of course.

DSCN1726.jpg

DSCN1727.jpg

DSCN1719-Copy.jpg

DSCN1717-Copy.jpg

DSCN1716-Copy.jpg

DSCN1715-Copy-Copy.jpg

DSCN1724.jpg

DSCN1720.jpg

I can not wait for the rest to arive...it's already starting to look like a tokyo hobby shop in my room...which is a dream..:drool:

iv'e noticed theses models...are rather heavy aswell..

That white R34 Vspec II nur almost ways as much as my 1:24 R34..

Last edited:
Pity we cant infract members for putting up crappy pics........... :D

Consider it a loophole of the "knowingly post misleading info" bullet point? :P

Ebbro 1:43 batch part 2.

Was a ...Very good today.

I think you've just confirmed for me that there's no great shame in abandoning 1:18 collecting for 1:43, at least short-term. I need a KPGC110 in my life - but first, the '73 Galant GTO MR :D

Awesome, awesome stuff 👍

I wish i could say it's cheaper...that MR2 alone was almost 60 bucks, to put it in perspective, but for the size and the detail,features and quality crammed in it...worth every penny. Also the KPG10 has actual metal pieces on the trim. another amazing thing..and the ken mary.. no wonder these models are so heavy.

First car that caught my eye was this amazing MR2...and a plethora of features.
Ebbro oldies series limited edition 1011 psc Toyota MR2 16G DOHC. 1:43 of course.
DSCN1726.jpg

That is fantastic, first time I've seen a 43 with pop up headlights!
Don't know if this was posted, but Tecnomodel is producing a number of new models in 1/43 and 1/18 scale, including the drop dead gorgeous 2013 Aston Martin Vanquish (something I've been gushing for forever, now!).

330eg4o.jpg

Source - http://www.tecnomodelcar.com/newsletter/090/news_ITA.htm
Oh man, that will look spectacular when out no doubt. And theyre dropping prices too which is uncommon in this day and age.

My turn now, posting another Aston, the plain version of the Lemans DBR9 AMG has.

Got it from the same seller as the 2 Vette's I have and I like it. Alot.

8428395189_cf4707efc8_z.jpg

8428395133_2bcafce0c9_z.jpg

8429485574_c0f2df3a8c_z.jpg

8428395415_03b91bcab3_z.jpg

8429485916_73f7ddfb8f_z.jpg

Used a little LED keychain to show some stuff as iphone cant capture it all. Interestingly the rear spoiler
was a prefect place to put the LED light when getting the interior shot. :lol:

Oh man, that will look spectacular when out no doubt. And theyre dropping prices too which is uncommon in this day and age.

Yea, them dropping prices is awesome. Did not see that coming at all. I'm going to buy two. lol

Nice Aston, btw!

EDIT - Btw, I'm pre-ordering mine now!

Last edited:
My turn now, posting another Aston, the plain version of the Lemans DBR9 AMG has.

Got it from the same seller as the 2 Vette's I have and I like it. Alot.

8428395189_cf4707efc8_z.jpg

SEXY!!! :drool: If I ever collect something else than Porsche, that's what I want!

Another photo for the worst pic in this thread nomination..
94053043.jpg

997/996/935/911 GT1/917 Long Tail/908/03 :D

Back