GTRA | World Rally Championship | Season 2 in January 2012

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 821 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be restarting. Details TBA.

Sucks, but I'm all for it. I tried adding who was supposed to be my stable mate, never got any type of response. No doubt though I'll be here for Rally 2.0 for sure. 👍

Whereas CSL's idea has merit, I think what we are doing is simplistic. I love complicated things, but some people might not. So, I think keeping the procedure sounds good.

For the cars, etc; I'd like to re-pick the car. I personally didn't get my first choice, so I might be biased on it. Maybe the people who signed up that confirm their 2.0 status have a concensus and if we re-pick, they choose first.

I'm guilty of being distracted by the Spec 2.0 update. With the 200% bonus exp I've been running a lot of B-Spec races. I've actually got a 24 race going on all now. Was looking to tackle the tracks later on today but I see you're going for a restart. No problem, I'll still be competing. 👍

Hate to say it, but yeah, interest has dropped quite a lot, most likely due to the announcement and subsequent release of DLC. So I'm more than happy for the series to have a reboot, there is definitely a lot of potential 👍

If we go with the time zones thing, I'd be completely fine with handling EU driver time submission and hosting rooms for anybody, my connection holds up well when there only a few people in the room. Although I thought of another idea. What about doing the times similar to how the WRS does it? Participants have however long the rally is to set a time (possibly in an online single race or in practice mode), saving their best lap replay, and then posting it on here so that others can verify it? The only drawback I see in this is that drivers would have a lot of time to get a good lap, in contrast to the pressure of a 1-lap run. Just an idea though.

I'm in either way regardless of the re-start.

Shame really.
Would have preferred to run as is with the limited numbers and consolidate the current WRC / Promotions class to WRC / Privateers

I'm all go for the one run - limited practice with some kind of co-driver i.e. racing line. Other than d/l set tracks and unlimited practice (for some, not all). I for one do not have unlimited time on the PS3 and choose this series (+ love WRC) based on its open nature...
WRC, an Online Time-Trial Series! Sick of not finding the right series because of your timezone?
Look no further! There are no time zones in WRC! Single driver time-trial runs!

BTW. What happened to the POSTED TIMES thread???

Last edited:
The co driver is the little blinking number that tells u what gear to be in to make the turn

Series will be relaunched next week. I've got an exam tomorrow so i'm stuck with my books for the time being. I'll release new info tomorrow night.

Time sheets (Rally Specific Thread - RST) is in the OP. Click this banner and it'll take you there.

WRCFiller.png

WRCFiller.png

@ Elmarcotuff - Click the black boxes.

Note that some of the times has yet to be logged inside the sheets so there should be more than it currently shows right now.

WRCR1RallySweden.png

As for driving lines, a big no for me :) ...but we can always tweak the rules if the majority prefers.

I WON MY CLASS!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!! now can u fill in the unofficial total times?

@ Elmarcotuff - Click the black boxes.

Note that some of the times has yet to be logged inside the sheets so there should be more than it currently shows right now.

WRCR1RallySweden.png

As for driving lines, a big no for me :) ...but we can always tweak the rules if the majority prefers.

Thanks for the link and explanation Masi 👍

Oh and as for the Racing Line. I must admit ... it's more authentic to have a co-driver reading pace notes. But using the 'gear indicator' as pointed out by ELmarc is the way to go 👍

Oh and BTW well done Elmarc on taking out the Promotions class in Sweden ;)

Finally Masi is there any chance of mixing up the width of the upcoming tracks. Perhaps mixing it up some wide sections - lift off oversteer, wide into tight etc :)

Ty e lol im very excited for once I did well in one of these thing but yet rally is my specialty on this game. To my main reason y I posted this but I think if we're restarting r co driver should be that light number by the revs and u should make new special stages for sweden with the limited practice and so its new to us

Ty e lol im very excited for once I did well in one of these thing but yet rally is my specialty on this game. To my main reason y I posted this but I think if we're restarting r co driver should be that light number by the revs and u should make new special stages for sweden with the limited practice and so its new to us

Glad your happy, just keep up the good work to stay in front ;)

BTW i'm not a mod or a format troll, but you may in future refrain from "text speak" in your post. Refer to:

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

By using these forums, you agree to the following:

You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.

Woops..... Sorry :nervous:

Don't worry too much. It's difficult to read and mostly decipherable, but were in a forum where you are not limited to 160 characters ;)
Glad you took it in the good spirit that it was intended 👍

BTW good points in new stages for Sweden _ narrower too please :)

That's actually the narrowest you can go with the snow theme.

Rally really needs some support from PD. Force Feedback with a wheel on Snow is just weird.

That's actually the narrowest you can go with the snow theme.

Rally really needs some support from PD. Force Feedback with a wheel on Snow is just weird.

Whoa... the narrowest? I'm itching to take a look at playing with the some tracks editing.

Some of the tracks are quite tight especially on the current snow track/s in the game.

The switchbacks iirc (at work atm) at Chamonix are very tight.

Whoa... the narrowest? I'm itching to take a look at playing with the some tracks editing.

Some of the tracks are quite tight especially on the current snow track/s in the game.

The switchbacks iirc (at work atm) at Chamonix are very tight.
Course creator snow tracks is what he said are to wide.

I haven't made any, but the ones I've seen are all wide.

Course creator snow tracks is what he said are to wide.

I haven't made any, but the ones I've seen are all wide.

Yeap. Got it 👍

Thought you could set up snow track with different widths, but cannot verify until i get home - unless anyone else can have a go and post up findings :sly:

Trust me, i spend a lot of time with the course creator and that's the narrowest it could go. Which isn't narrow at all :/ That's actually one of the reasons why there's only 1 snow stage for Sweden.

The grip in the pre-made tracks already in the game has very GT4 like grip - translation: non-existent - that's why i didn't choose any of them.

Now i didn't realize the weird force feedback (for steering wheels) with custom snow tracks since i tested all of them with the DS3 - in that case, i guess we could probably look into some of the chamonix tracks for the relaunch. We'll see about it :)

Trust me, i spend a lot of time with the course creator and that's the narrowest it could go. Which isn't narrow at all :/ That's actually one of the reasons why there's only 1 snow stage for Sweden.

The grip in the pre-made tracks already in the game has very GT4 like grip - translation: non-existent - that's why i didn't choose any of them.

Now i didn't realize the weird force feedback (for steering wheels) with custom snow tracks since i tested all of them with the DS3 - in that case, i guess we could probably look into some of the chamonix tracks for the relaunch. We'll see about it :)
I hadn't noticed Chamonix wasn't in, I love that track, not sure what you mean by non-existent grip though...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back