GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
Hey Guys,

There doesn't seem to be a set procedure for those not able to qualify but want to be in the race. Where should they post? Is there a deadline to letting us know that they'll race?

So far I see waiting list for GT500 is:
Arkano5
xStretch- (maybe)

Is same class capped at 14 competitors? If there are more, would we fill the room up to 16?

I'll write something up about it later but it's pretty simple. Maximum number of drivers is always 14, this should be stated more clearly too.

Here's a thought I'm changing my mind on 'cause I figured it would be best if we all pitched in to this project rather than just me and Hortus:
Hortus and I were putting together a "F.A.Q's" sheet that was going to be displayed prominently in the op.

it's pretty much like this, "Q. Why is heavy damage used? A. [insert good thorough answer here]
Q. Why do we only use 14 drivers maximum? A. [insert good thorough answer here]
Q. What do I need to do to participate in a race, can't I just show up? A. [insert good thorough answer here]
Q. How are the race grids organized, how do we start? A. [insert good thorough answer here]"

We need you all to come up with a bunch of FAQs and submit them to me in a PM if you'd like to do it. We would be tremendously appreciative.

Wardez, the OP states "Qualifying Deadline: Friday 02.00 am CET / 01.00 am BST / 00.00 GMT and Thursday 20.00 pm EST / 17.00 PM (PST). "

This is where the confusion came in, so either you're wrong or the OP needs to be modified

Yes I was about to change that last night but forgot too. I can't find the post in the WSGTC 2 disussion thread but that's where we made the decision to push it to midnight Pacific time on Thursday night.

MÜLE_9242;5662334
Just move the deadline back to Midnight EDT or PDT.

That gives us on the other side of the atlantic more time to qualify, because a lot of us are working / looking for work.

Exactly, that's how it's been since WSGTC 2 started.

I kinda like how the Racing Code was already there and was easy to access. Also, i did some recoding/rewording right before you removed it. No biggie though. Still looks great 👍

Did a bit more re-organizing to maximize space.

Yeah I did it so people could download it and keep it easily on their comp. or phone. Puts more emphasis on it as being something that's set in stone and should be read lots and lots. Can you send me the changes you made to it? I'll re-upload the file.

Thanks for the further organizing though, it looks even better 👍

The race lobby should be set-up with 14 slots. The OP states that 14 cars shall start in same class races.

As far as the waiting list, this is a good place to ask to be put on it. The waiting list size is unlimited. Waiting list entries fill-in empty spots on the grid plus no-shows at the 15 min mark before race start.

As of right now, anyone on the GT300 waiting list can start at the back of the grid. In GT500 both the waiting list entries will start also. One or two of the qualifiers indicated they will not race due to unexpected real-life commitments so there will likely be room for 2 more on the waiting list. We should probably add a few rows to the quali spreadsheet for the waiting list entries.

I don't know what the deadline is to get on the waiting list. I'd say anything before connect time is fair game.

No deadline on connecting as a person from the waiting list, more on that later.

Great job to you and masi there.. the op is very nice !!

I also saw something very interresting i did not knew was there.. the ranking system in the drivers presentation.. neat stuff.. Most likely Denilson did that.. great job !

haha, man, the beauty of organization. It's not hard to believe you missed that huge driver profile thing when it was mixed in so badly into the first post. Glad you confirmed our organizational skills.

Whos host for gt500?

ive been soo ill again, after work i just fell asleep lucky i woke up ha

oh i got a message from tony he said his going to drop this race....

lol yeah man that always works, I'll add your name to the sheet as host, now we just need to GT300 host.

I didn't save it Wardez since it was already there. I'll see what i can come up later.
I did some more organizing to save space on Post 1. If any new driver joins, let me
know and i'll quickly fill in and add more slots.

GT500DriversL1.png
GT300DriversL1.png

Stewards.png
Administrators3.png

Last edited:
Any news on host? i dont mind.... also now we have 13 gt500 cars plus 2 waiting do i set room for 15 or is it just 14? i didnt quiet get the conclusion of the answer

I'd actually rather keep it as it is Masi just 'cause it's easier to add and subtract people and more compact. I just added two guys from the entry form.

Any news on host? i dont mind.... also now we have 13 gt500 cars plus 2 waiting do i set room for 15 or is it just 14? i didnt quiet get the conclusion of the answer

Check my post four posts back and the news board in the OP. Still need a GT300 host. I also answered your question in the post I just mentioned. It's 14.

Are you going through the thread with your crappy phone again?

Damn, I'm hoping someone knows this 'cause I can't find it in the WSGTC 2 discussion thread and I forgot what the rule was.

But success ballast, I just moved it to the very top of the OP under the "News Board"

My question is, are we making people qualify with their winning ballast or just race?

I didn't save it Wardez since it was already there. I'll see what i can come up later.
I did some more organizing to save space on Post 1. If any new driver joins, let me
know and i'll quickly fill in and add more slots.

GT500Drivers.png
GT300DriversL1.png

Stewards.png
Administrators3.png

Can I get a Finnish flag? Im from Finland, :) and my driver profile is still not posted..

Everyone! please remember and memorize your starting positions.

Polesitters:

Please do not start the race at the start/finish line at Tsukuba. Remember that you decide when the race starts once you're on the front straight. Since Tsukuba's straight is so small and we have a full 14 grid field, IT'S ADVISEABLE THAT POLESITTERS START THE RACE ONLY A FEW METERS FROM THE FIRST CORNER TO ENSURE ALL DRIVERS ARE ON THE STRAIGHT.

Damn, I'm hoping someone knows this 'cause I can't find it in the WSGTC 2 discussion thread and I forgot what the rule was.

But success ballast, I just moved it to the very top of the OP under the "News Board"

My question is, are we making people qualify with their winning ballast or just race?

I remember a few pages back that Denilson said the ballast was for Races only.

Hi all, I'm sorry to report that I am not feeling on top form tonight, and as such, cannot race. I'm sorry it's so last minute, but I have been resting up and just thought about this a few minutes ago, and realized I simply could not compete.

Good luck to the rest of you!

That's what I thought Biffy thanks 👍

@Masi

Can I get a Finnish flag? Im from Finland, :) and my driver profile is still not posted..

That's why I don't like using an image for the roster. It's too tedious to edit.

@ Dantedani - thats how it was when i copied and paste :D

@ Wardez - Does this list include new drivers you just added? You can change it back if you'd much prefer, but in any case, im not too busy this coming months so im always available to edit it with the PNG image. By the way, Goodluck everyone with the race today.

GT500 Drivers

1. Sweeden.jpg
    chorda | Denilson | Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
  2. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Paginas | Paginas1 | Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
  3. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    C-Falcon89 | CaptainFalcon89 | Honda RAYBRIG NSX
  4. USA.jpg
    Owensracing | OwensRacing | Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
  5. USA.jpg
    Wardez | Wardez | Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430
  6. Canada.jpg
    Jpzer Jpzer Lexus DENSO DUNLOP SARD SC430
  7. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Joshua1994 | Joshua1994 | Toyota YELLOWHAT Supra
  8. SouthAfrica.jpg
    UAE_ReDLiNe | UAE_ReDLiNe | Honda RAYBRIG NSX
  9. Netherlands1.jpg
    GTP_w-g-e | GTP_w-g-e | Honda TAKATA Dome NSX
  10. USA.jpg
    redreevos | redreevos | Honda TAKATA Dome NSX
  11. USA.jpg
    dantedani36 | dantedani36 | Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z
  12. Canada.jpg
    Remy_K | bluesix | Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R
  13. Sweeden.jpg
    SupraPhantom | Supraphantom | Toyota CASTROL TOM's Supra
  14. Portugal.jpg
    Goruk | Goruk77 | Toyota YELLOWHAT Supra
  15. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Lynchy098 | Lynchy098 | Toyota CASTROL TOM's Supra
  16. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    BiffyClory93 | Biffy | Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z
  17. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    xStretch- | xStretch | Lexus PETRONAS TOM'S SC430
  18. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Arkano5 | Arkano5 | Nissan CALSONIC IMPUL GT-R
  19. Sweeden.jpg
    SB-1977 | sbozic | Nissan YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
  20. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    x-XAvohmanX-x | avohman Nissan | YELLOWHAT YMS TOMICA GT-R
  21. USA.jpg
    luckyleft2gunz | luckylefty2gunz | Honda ARTA NSX
  22. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    toyotasupra | toyotsupra | Honda ARTA NSX

GT300 Drivers

1. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Moieman | Andil | Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP Impreza '08
  2. Portugal.jpg
    KamyKaze1098 | KamyKaze1098 | Lexus WES SPORT IS350
  3. Philippines.jpg
    GTP_Pinoy | doctsuru_69 | RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
  4. 150px-Flag_of_England_svg-2.png
    Scanny_Flick | Scanny_Flick | Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP Impreza '08
  5. Australia.jpg
    Neomone | Imari | Toyota WEDS SPORT Celica
  6. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    GTP_Aderrrm | Aderrrm | Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
  7. USA.jpg
    Shrugging_Atlas | Ultrap13 | Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP Impreza '08
  8. USA.jpg
    SteelToedSloth | SteelToedSloth | Lexus WES SPORT IS350
  9. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    HortusIX | HortusIX | RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
  10. Ireland.jpg
    GTP_akmuq | akdmuq | RE Amemiya ASPARADRINK RX7 '06
  11. Greece.jpg
    tony1311 | Piket | Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
  12. USA.jpg
    M4Hwheel | otsdarva | Toyota WEDS SPORT Celica
  13. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Raagentreg | GTP_Raagenterg | Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08
  14. Canada.jpg
    MULE_9242 | MULE_9242 | Toyota WEDS SPORT Celica
  15. 120px-Flag_of_Austria_svg-2.png
    GTP_Chris | Christhedude | Lexus WES SPORT IS350
  16. UnitedKingdom.jpg
    Hutjung | Hutjung | Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP Impreza '04
  17. USA.jpg
    jav122678 | jav | Subaru CUSCO DUNLOP Impreza '04

Last edited:
I'll write something up about it later but it's pretty simple. Maximum number of drivers is always 14, this should be stated more clearly too.

Q. Why do we only use 14 drivers maximum?

Quick Answer
The case of 14 drivers - the last 2 spots are meant for a reserve host/s and or a pace car. If you have 16 cars, and the capable host did not qualify, how is the race going to be held? That's why the space is there. Also, last season, we entertained having pace cars, and we actually did have safety cars during the 5 race preseason. Unfortunately, not a lot of people volunteered.​

CtedAzur_35-1.jpg
CtedAzur_33-1.jpg

Last edited:
Not happy. It was clear on the pace lap that there was lag, and on the restart and that people were accidentally crashing into each other because of this, so what happens? I get hit for the second time, go into the pits only to be told to "suck on it" by Paginas and kicked out, despite the fact I was in that lobby for a long time and there was absolutely NO lag, and there isn't anything wrong with my connection. I didn't crash into anyone on purpose, or even by accident without the effect of lag. Very immature.

Right guys

Im taking a break from series fed up of giving up my time for people

Good luck (most of you)

Before the accusations start flying, there was someone in that room causing all that lag, and I'm willing to say that there is only a 1% chance it was me. Why? Well I've been joining rooms for donkeys years, and I have NEVER had any problems. No-one has ever asked me if I was lagging. To add to that, for every race, I make sure the connection is at it's best and I'm having no problems. Same today. Tested it before and after. Running perfectly. Yes, I'm overly frustrated, but I'm just doing this so I don't have to prove myself later.

EDIT: Oh and I joined the GT300 room as well, no lag. Surprise, surprise.

Last edited:
Unfortunate... but relax fellas, no bickering. I'm sure it was unintentional, everyone wanted to race. We might have to rethink some details to make the starts more smoother. I think that's where all the issues are coming from it seems. We'll see after the race.

Sorry GT300 guys, I had something really important come up and I unfortunately had to drop out of the race. The start went off very well though, good job guys! (Practice start really helped)

Unfortunate... but relax fellas, no bickering. I'm sure it was unintentional, everyone wanted to race. We might have to rethink some details to make the starts more smoother. I think that's where all the issues are coming from it seems. We'll see after the race.

Sorry, just extremely irritating when there is buckets of lag, as well as being kicked out. I've practised for several days, turns out it was just totally pointless.

Back