GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
Not sure if it was something weird with my feed.. but it showed me as being in 5th coming to finish of the race.... and then suddenly I was 6th and Dante and JPzer switched spots.

SupraPhantom - was that the right finish for you? I am not sure as I don't think we ever even raced near eachother during the race. But I did get dropped a spot at the end.

Bummer to those involved in the early race incident. Biff... on my screen, you and C-Falc were laggy and jumping around. I don't think it really matters how good your connection is, or has been in the past. I think just sometimes GT5 picks a lucky person to lag the hell out of. I have the most expensive connection in my area, never have disconnect issues, but I have had the occasional issue on GT5. I think everyone has. No one seems to be able to figure it out either.

I think maybe you were just the lucky one picked today. I really don't think it was anyone's "fault" in the race. It is just really hard to be clean when someone's car is jumping all over the screen.

Anyways.. congrats on the win Dante. and congrats to Jpzer and Wardez for the podium finishes.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. If someone had said that it was just me lagging, especially during the second run, I would of quit, frustrating as it was. What happened instead was not exactly the best method of handling it.

Race Report:
At the start there was so much chaos that I really didn't know what to do, I just followed the car infront of me and waited to see what he would do. Suddenly the race had begun. On the first lap I passed a car and on the second lap I passed Supraphantom for 2nd place. I was about 3sec behind the leader until the first pit stop on lap 21. I saw that JPzer tried to enter the pit too fast and he spun out, I took the lead from there with a 10sec gap to JPzer. 2laps before my second pit-stop I had to make a unscheduled pit-stop because I ran wide in the last corner and got in the gravel. I managed to not damage the car and entered the pit. I was quite surprised that I had the 10sec gap still after that JPzer made his stop. The rest of the race was quite smooth driving, slower cars gave way for the leaders. Have to say good race from everyone. I'd like to thank Biffy for great team work and a great pit-stop strategy, and my girlfriend for standind up with me. :) And offcourse all the other competitors.
See you in the next race!

Redreevos.
Its right i ended 5th
I'm sorry for all the mess. I probably get penalized for it to my all ready great result.:ouch:

I wish you could try to give other cars room to pass you if they are quicker. You both benifit from that as you will both get faster. You don't have to defend anymore and get probably follow me in my slipstream. Something to keep in mind for next race. I really hope you do next time.👍
If it was for the win or podium at the end of the race it's something else. But it wasn't.

Great win Dani.
Unfortunate to the ones who disconnected. I can actually call myself lucky.

@ Masi:It's complicated but it's what Denilson wanted and I think it might work out better. We'll talk to him about it before changing that. 👍

@Redreevos: Thanks man! We're gonna make sure who finished where on the replay very soon.

Yeah, i don't think he's on though. Is he out of town?

Thanks for the report Dani. I'll have an interview/questionnaire for you also by the way. As well as Ultrap. I'll keep you fellas posted 👍

Yeah, i don't think he's on though. Is he out of town?

Thanks for the report Dani. I'll have an interview/questionnaire for you also by the way. As well as Ultrap. I'll keep you fellas posted 👍

Ok no problem.. Just watched the start of the race from Wardezgo channel, what a mess :scared:

Not sure if it was something weird with my feed.. but it showed me as being in 5th coming to finish of the race.... and then suddenly I was 6th and Dante and JPzer switched spots.

SupraPhantom - was that the right finish for you? I am not sure as I don't think we ever even raced near eachother during the race. But I did get dropped a spot at the end.

Bummer to those involved in the early race incident. Biff... on my screen, you and C-Falc were laggy and jumping around. I don't think it really matters how good your connection is, or has been in the past. I think just sometimes GT5 picks a lucky person to lag the hell out of. I have the most expensive connection in my area, never have disconnect issues, but I have had the occasional issue on GT5. I think everyone has. No one seems to be able to figure it out either.

I think maybe you were just the lucky one picked today. I really don't think it was anyone's "fault" in the race. It is just really hard to be clean when someone's car is jumping all over the screen.

Anyways.. congrats on the win Dante. and congrats to Jpzer and Wardez for the podium finishes.

I knew where the lag came from but biffy was lagging on the second start no one else was though...

My connection lunched itself for 2 hours and was losing connection which could of caused the lag to be honest.

Sorry if I affected anyone if that was the case.

Op updated and new thread submitted 👍
(This is wardez btw)

Provisional success ballast:

SUCCESS BALLAST PENALTY:

GT500:
Remy_K: 40 kg
C-Falcon89: 20 kg
BiffyClyro93: 0 kg
Dante: 60kg
JPzer: 40kg
Wardez: 20kg

GT300:
tony1311: 30 kg
Moieman: 10 kg
KamyKaze: 0 kg
Shrugging_Atlas: 50kg
HortusIX: 30kg
Josh_F_1998: 10kg

SuccessBallastPenaltySystemPNG12.png

Podium Finishers from each classes will be incurred Success Ballast Penalties (added weight) for the following race. Success Ballast Penalties can only
be removed 20kg at a time if you miss the podium the very next race. Ballast will accumulate depending on your success. Ballast is only added for races, not Super Lap qualifying. Each class has seperate
systems as shown below.​
GT500 Class:
1st: 60 kg - Will depend on the Race Percentage Completion will affect the rest of the field.
2nd: 40 kg
3rd: 20 kg

GT300 Class:
1st: 50 kg
2nd: 30 kg
3rd: 10 kg​

Yeah, I understand what you mean. If someone had said that it was just me lagging, especially during the second run, I would of quit, frustrating as it was. What happened instead was not exactly the best method of handling it.

Sometimes.. it gets better, sometimes it doesn't. Tough for the person that is told they are lagging, because sometimes they (lagger) can't see it. It was a late start, and I think everyone just wanted to start the race. Unfortunately this is part of the nature of GT5. You can have 10 perfect races and group practices.. and then come race time - :crazy::yuck::grumpy:👎

It is quite tough for the admins to be able to manage all of the things going on. I think that the occasional race like this is just going to happen with GT5. It sucks.. But I do greatly enjoy when it works right. It is truly awesome to get to race with and meet all of these great drivers from around the world. A real blast.

Hopefully, for those of you involved in the early race mess, you won't have it happen to you again this season. My turn next?💡

Redreevos.
Its right i ended 5th

Thank you for the confirmation.

Provisional success ballast:

SUCCESS BALLAST PENALTY:

GT500:

GT300:
tony1311: 30 kg
Moieman: 10 kg
KamyKaze: 0 kg

So we can dump ballast by skipping a race, hmmm...

Wait that's a good point... should we be able to?
Maybe not...
I participated in the pre-season discussions on ballast and the way I remember it ballast would not be lost by skipping a race and also there was a cap on max ballast. However, things may have changed so I defer to Denilson.

SUCCESS BALLAST PENALTY:

GT500:

GT300:
tony1311: 50 kg
Moieman: 30 kg
KamyKaze: 10 kg

Yeah you're, this is what they should be.

Revised rules:

Podium Finishers from each classes will be incurred Success Ballast Penalties (added weight) for the following race. Success Ballast Penalties can only
be removed 20kg at a time if you miss the podium the very next race. Ballast will accumulate depending on your success. Your ballast stays with you even if you miss a race, you can only get ballast reduced if you finish 4th or lower in a race. Ballast will only be added for races, all qualifying runs are done without incurring any weight penalties.
There is no mandated location or weight distribution for your ballast weight; you may change the position, just not the weight, at any time and at your discretion.
Each class has separate systems as shown below.​
GT500 Class:
1st: 60 kg - Will depend on the Race Percentage Completion will affect the rest of the field.

GT300 Class:

Last edited:
Well there's nothing in the S2 discussion about maximum weight but I think it works itself out as I'd slap my own grand mother if someone won with 100kg of ballast.

What do you guys think? Maybe 100kg should be the provisional cap just in case?

We also need to list the relevant PP associated with each car when it includes the required balance.

I participated in the pre-season discussions on ballast and the way I remember it ballast would not be lost by skipping a race and also there was a cap on max ballast. However, things may have changed so I defer to Denilson.

Ultrap, can you write out a short summary of your race? Thanks.

@ Dante - sent you a PM about the interview.

Last edited:
Now here's the EXACT qualifying deadline times as updated in the op:

Qualifying Deadline: Friday 10.00 am CET / 09.00 am BST / 08.00 am UTC and Thursday 24.00 PM (PACIFIC STANDARD TIME) / 3.00 AM (EST). The deadlines are Fridays (UTC/CET)
and midnight Thursday night for PST/EST of the week each race is scheduled. Around 20 hours are left prior to race to give organizers time to sort the grid, view replays,
find hosts e.t.c. Under no circumstance can a Qualifying lap be run after the deadline has passed.

Here's the qualifying procedure for La Sarthe and exactly how to calculate the "Super Sector Time"

Qualifying is absolutely different at Le Mans than any other track. The difference here is that we only give you one lap. Your qualifying "time" is the time you get from the start of sector 2, to the finish line.

Here's how we calculate it. (Fake numbers are used in the calculations)
To calculate an SST @ Le Mans take the total time and convert it into seconds.

E.g. 4:03.561 = 243.561 seconds.

Take this number away from sector 1 and second 2 added together.

E.g. sector 1 time = 30.729 seconds. sector 2 time = 40.133 seconds

Qualifying time = 243.561 - (30.729 + 40.133) = 243.561 - 70.862 = 172.138

and the resulting time is this:

= 2:52.138

I need to make sure ALL stewards and capable hosts know exactly how to calculate times. It's very important so if any one has any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

I've got a question about the pitlane. Denilson said before that WSGTC uses the long pitlanes for every track. For example the one at Daytona Road which goes another couple of turns.

Are we using the pitlane that goes down to the Dunlop Chicane for Le Mans?

Further updates to the ballast rule structure:

Revised rules:

be removed 20kg at a time if you miss the podium the very next race. Ballast will accumulate depending on your success. Your ballast stays with you even if you miss a race, you can only get ballast reduced if you finish 4th or lower in a race. You must complete at least 75% of the total race distance in order for you to be eligible for ballast reduction.

Ballast will only be added for races, all qualifying runs are done without incurring any weight penalties.
There is no mandated location or weight distribution for your ballast weight; you may change the position, just not the weight, at any time and at your discretion.
Each class has separate systems as shown below.​
GT500 Class:

GT300 Class:

SUCCESS BALLAST PENALTIES:[/COLOR][/B]

GT500:
C-Falcon89: 40 kg
BiffyClyro93: 20 kg

GT300:
tony1311: 50 kg
Moieman: 30 kg
KamyKaze: 10 kg

I've got a question about the pitlane. Denilson said before that WSGTC uses the long pitlanes for every track. For example the one at Daytona Road which goes another couple of turns.

Are we using the pitlane that goes down to the Dunlop Chicane for Le Mans?

You're talking about on exit?

No, just exit as soon as possible, there's no danger there.

Here's what I just updated on the La Sarthe results thread for specifics on the track:

::::: ROUND 3 SPECIFICS :::::

• Qualifying is absolutely different at Le Mans than any other track. The difference here is that we only give you one lap. Your qualifying "time" is the time you get from the start of sector 2, to the finish line.

Here's how we calculate it. (Arbitrary numbers are used in the calculations)
    To calculate, take the total time and convert it into seconds.

E.g. 4:03.561 = 243.561 seconds.

Take this number away from sector 1 and second 2 added together.

E.g. sector 1 time = 30.729 seconds. sector 2 time = 40.133 seconds

Qualifying time = 243.561 - (30.729 + 40.133) = 243.561 - 70.862 = 172.138

= 2:52.138

• Make sure to stay on track at ALL times with at least 2 wheels touching white line / Red / White curb. The only restriction for the Mulsanne straight chicanes is that you must have at least two wheels on the rumble strips at the entrace, mid-corner, and end up on them on exit. You can not use run offs or tarmac of any kind to gain speed. You will be penalized heavily during the race and disqualified for having a dirty lap in qualifying.

Just stay inside the rumble strips and course white lines. We realize there are many random white lines left over from the actual street road traffic lines. Those aren't course boundaries, only solid white lines at the corners are considered boundary lines.

• Laps: 19
    Time progress: 20
    Time / Weather: Time change, weather not fixed, start on Sunny
    In-game Start time: 13:00

Pole sitter decides the start somewhere on the straight between 1st and 2nd chicane on the Mulsanne Straight.
    GT300's will sort their grid first and start 45-60 seconds ahead of the GT500 pack.

• Pit lane.
    Entry and exit to the Le Mans pit lane is handled well in GT5 so there is no need to heed any special instructions or restrictions on entering or leaving the pits. Just stay within the white lines as usual and pay caution when joining a track with other drivers on it.

Thanks for the quick answer.👍
Very long starting straight here, pole position will have his work cut out for himself trying to stay in first.

You're talking about on exit?

No, just exit as soon as possible, there's no danger there.

Here's what I just updated on the La Sarthe results thread for specifics on the track:

::::: ROUND 3 SPECIFICS :::::

• Qualifying is absolutely different at Le Mans than any other track. The difference here is that we only give you one lap. Your qualifying "time" is the time you get from the start of sector 2, to the finish line.

Here's how we calculate it. (Arbitrary numbers are used in the calculations)

• Make sure to stay on track at ALL times with at least 2 wheels touching white line / Red / White curb. The only restriction for the Mulsanne straight chicanes is that you must have at least two wheels on the rumble strips at the entrace, mid-corner, and end up on them on exit. You can not use run offs or tarmac of any kind to gain speed. You will be penalized heavily during the race and disqualified for having a dirty lap in qualifying.

Just stay inside the rumble strips and course white lines. We realize there are many random white lines left over from the actual street road traffic lines. Those aren't course boundaries, only solid white lines at the corners are considered boundary lines.

• Laps: 19
    Time progress: 20
    Time / Weather: Time change, weather not fixed, start on Sunny
    In-game Start time: 13:00

Pole sitter decides the start somewhere on the straight between 1st and 2nd chicane on the Mulsanne Straight.
    GT300's will sort their grid first and start 45-60 seconds ahead of the GT500 pack.

• Pit lane.
    Entry and exit to the Le Mans pit lane is handled well in GT5 so there is no need to heed any special instructions or restrictions on entering or leaving the pits. Just stay within the white lines as usual and pay caution when joining a track with other drivers on it.

Thanks for clearing things up like the in-game start time and the time progression. I was unsure from looking at the main page earlier in the month.

I have a question regarding the weather though:

If we are to start with sunny weather (not fixed), should the track be reset just before the race goes ahead in order to almost guarantee sunny weather for the start or does it not matter when the session has started?
My point here is that if the weather is set to not-fixed but starts off sunny and we've been in the room for an hour already, the weather may change throughout this period.
Is it vital that the race itself gets off to a sunny start?

Thanks

We reset the course right before the race and set it to start sunny not fixed as a "dice roll" because we've had times where it started raining almost immediately and others where it just stayed dry.

I'd generally advise against starting a race in the wet not because of dangerous first laps but because people have to do their own dice roll in picking tires since one wouldn't know how grippy or not it it.

So if it starts sunny unfixed and starts getting cloudy at least people will have the parade lap being out in the conditions to decide if they're going to pit for wets.

So here:
Practice (wet or not doesn't matter, it's up to the room) > reset track > set start time to 13:00 and weather to "Sunny" not fixed > confirm driver PP's > grid up and roll out.

Added this to the Round 3 Specifics:

• Special Mixed Class Starting Procedure:
    GT300's will sort their grid first and start 45-60 seconds ahead of the GT500 pack on the same lap.

I made this only basing on Dantedani's Report. It would help if many more contributed, i can still edit it :D But here it is anyway. I still have no word in GT300.

EDITED:
NewsWSGTC22.png

Last edited:
Back