GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
Amazing work Masi!

I posted it here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=215414

and we should also link up to it in the "race reports" section toward the bottom of the op. Or we could even move it up so it's easier to find. Or we can make a dedicated thread to race articles then make a button for it in the first post. Up to you 👍

Here's a better version by the way... EDITED:

NewsWSGTC22.png

Last edited:
New button that links to a .pdf download of all the rules and regulations, checklists etc.

It'll be especially handy for forward-thinking stewards and capable hosts that have smart phones. Then they could keep it as a really easy reference to every important rule, info, and statistic needed to run a race and answer questions smoothly and efficiently.

Amazing work Masi!

I posted it here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=215414

and we should also link up to it in the "race reports" section toward the bottom of the op. Or we could even move it up so it's easier to find. Or we can make a dedicated thread to race articles then make a button for it in the first post. Up to you 👍

Thanks! Having a dedicated 'Race Report Thread' seems like a good idea. We can also have Links at the top of the OP.... and also post the articles atop the specific round thread like you did.

GT300 Tsukuba mini race report

I started the race from my first ever pole position in WSGTC as the lone CUSCO DUNLOP team entry. The start went very smoothly as we did a dry run before the race. I was able to pull a 4sec lead early on as I watched the rest of the field fight it out in the mirrors. On lap 5 HortusIX in the RX7 managed to find his way around his teammate Akmuq for 2nd and started to push. My lead wasn't increasing much until lap 24 when HortusIX ran wide in the last corner. Meanwhile the Lexus and the 2 CUSCO ADVAN Imprezas continued to battle hard, swapping positions many times. I opted for a 2 stop strategy but I'm not sure it was the right way to go, had a few scary moments as the front tires wore out.

After my 2nd stop I had a comfortable lead so I started to push hard chasing the fastest lap. In the process I ran a bit wide in the 1st corner, kissed the wall and got left front corner damage. Decided not to stop and limped to the finish for 20+ laps losing about 1s/lap. HortusIX was on a 3 stopper and was closing the gap in the final laps but I managed to keep it together and took the maiden victory.

9 cars started, 6 finished.

GTP_Pinoy2 disconnected around lap 29
SteeltoedSloth disconnected around lap 31
MULE disconnected on lap 37

Fastest lap:
HortusIX 55.334 (lap 73)

Pictures from race:

W2R2_00s.jpg

W2R2_01s.jpg

W2R2_02s.jpg

Last edited:
Race report:

As I only just got my PS3 back and I have not practiced or used the car I knew I wouldn't win but I got taken out lap 1 xD. I knew it was over from then but I stuck it out.

I enjoyed trying a new car and using hard tyres the challenge was good.

I think the start of the races need a rethink

To celebrate 8th place I went out and had a few drinks :D love it!

Thanks Dante :)

Here's the updated Individual Tables for GT300.
Still need the ones for GT500 (Disconnect Laps and Fastest Lap).

DriversTable302.png

Last edited:
Nice work Masi, that article is awesome 👍

So I have to keep that ballast? I could understand if I had the choice of racing but I was kicked out...

Nice work Masi, that article is awesome 👍

So I have to keep that ballast? I could understand if I had the choice of racing but I was kicked out...

Yeah sorry, just read over the rules and you'll see why.

You need to cover 75% race distance, then either d/c or finish lower than 3rd in order to "earn" your 20kg ballast reduction.

There's too many holes in allowing someone to reduce weight after a disconnect. It's the same as practically not showing up either but it wasn't because of bad performance on the driver's part or because of the weight handicap so it stands to the next race.

I keep forgetting that Dante drives a Nismo Z. I have a Denso pictured at the first article. On the Interview transcript, he says his sponsor's "Denso", i guess that was his mind playing tricks on him :D i'll fix any of problems right after i catch some sleep. Anyone with the GT500 details (Laps/Fastest Lap), please post it here so we can update tables. Thanks :cheers:

I keep forgetting that Dante drives a Nismo Z. I have a Denso pictured at the first article. On the Interview transcript, he says his sponsor's "Denso", i guess that was his mind playing tricks on him :D i'll fix any of problems right after i catch some sleep. Anyone with the GT500 details (Laps/Fastest Lap), please post it here so we can update tables. Thanks :cheers:

I just watched the replay of the race. JPzer had the fastest time 52.442.
I was second fastest with a time of 52.543 and Wardez third with 52.695.

Crappy camera so in 2 pieces :D

Last edited:
If anyone wants to practice for the next round at Le Mans, I have a room up, number is 1472-6118-3744-3749-5565 CLOSED

Rules will be relaxed as I am practising for a race there on Tuesday in a Peugeot 908.

Last edited:
I see theres 3 GT300 drivers that havent done either of the two races any chance i can take one of their spots? (and before you ask yes i have signed up i put the Autobics ARTA garaiya 08 as my prefered car)

Here's the qualifying procedure for La Sarthe and exactly how to calculate the "Super Sector Time"

Qualifying is absolutely different at Le Mans than any other track. The difference here is that we only give you one lap. Your qualifying "time" is the time you get from the start of sector 2, to the finish line.

Here's how we calculate it. (Fake numbers are used in the calculations)

I need to make sure ALL stewards and capable hosts know exactly how to calculate times. It's very important so if any one has any questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Im not sure I really understand the point of this qualification system?!?
Let me get this straight, you start a 1lap race and the quali starts from the second sector? sector 1 and 2 are taken away from the final time? what if I run a 3min second sector and start pushing after that, I bet I'm on pole then :D Am I missing something here?

lol dante, i understand what you mean, but you forgot something.. if you run 3 min in sector 2, your total time will be 3 min more lol.. it dosent matter what you do in sec 1 and 2

The point in that system is to reduce the qualifying time.. since one lap is 4 mins, we wont do 4 lap, it would be way to long. So basicly you just remove the sec1 and 2 from the total time to obtain the qualifying time. nothing complicated here.

lol dante, i understand what you mean, but you forgot something.. if you run 3 min in sector 2, your total time will be 3 min more lol.. it dosent matter what you do in sec 1 and 2

The point in that system is to reduce the qualifying time.. since one lap is 4 mins, we wont do 4 lap, it would be way to long. So basicly you just remove the sec1 and 2 from the total time to obtain the qualifying time. nothing complicated here.

Yes I understand, but the rules say it's from the start of the second sector, it should be the start of the 3rd sector. That way it doesnt matter what 1 and 2 sector are..
You get the point? :D
So, start from sector 2 = remove sector 1 from final time. Start from sector 3 = remove sections 1 and 2 from the final time.

Last edited:
Yes I understand, but the rules say it's from the start of the second sector, it should be the start of the 3rd sector. That way it doesnt matter what 1 and 2 sector are.. You get the point?

yea i also was confused by that, but he probably meant sec 3, or is calculation are wrongs lol

Ive got a new Updated Driver photo and photo of my car when should i post on the thread?

I just watched the replay of the race. JPzer had the fastest time 52.442.
I was second fastest with a time of 52.543 and Wardez third with 52.695.

Crappy camera so in 2 pieces :D

How many people started (who were they)? Do you have the laps they disconnected at? :)

Started:
JPzer
Wardez
dantedani36
Supraphantom
BiffyClyro93
toyotasupra
GTP_w-g-e
RedReevos
Remy_K
UAE_ReDLiNe
StretchY-
C-Falcon89
Lynchy098
Paginas

C-Falcon89 DC on parade lap.
Paginas DC on parade lap.
BiffyClyro93 DC on lap 2.
toyotasupra DC on lap 35.
Lynchy098 DC on lap 44.

The rest finished the race! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Dante!

Ive got a new Updated Driver photo and photo of my car when should i post on the thread?

I think Wardez manages this, he should be on a bit later but go ahead and post it here.

Thank you for the invite. I'll wait for car confirmation but will start engine break in anyway.

Awesome! Welcome to the Series!

Is it alright if I post my own race report here? I'm just sketching one up now, so to speak.

Go ahead man, this thread is your Oyster! ...whatever that means
poke.gif
lol

Last edited:
Started:
JPzer
Wardez
dantedani36
Supraphantom
BiffyClyro93
toyotasupra
GTP_w-g-e