GTRA | World Super GT Championship | Main | R11 - Nurburgring 24 Hours

• Thread starter Denilson
  • 4,871 comments
Thanks Dante! These should be final since no accident complaint has been heard in 24 hours. Team Tables will follow later.

Results:

Round2ResultsGT5.png
Round2ResultsGT3.png

Individual Tables:

DrivesTable502.png

DriversTable303.png

KeysTable2.png

Last edited:
yea i also was confused by that, but he probably meant sec 3, or is calculation are wrongs lol

Meant to say that it starts after the first chicane. Which is the END of the second sector. My bad. It shouldn't be terribly confusing.

Here's some links to some of the previous discussion we with the course and some better insight into how everything's going to go down. I'm also gonna add some new literature to read in getting prepared for La Sarthe.

Read these:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5168821

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5141938

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5166186

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5168821

Can I ask if some of those room settings can cause lag in extreme cases? Just started a race in Arkano's series, only to quit because again, there was a lot of lag. People were saying everyone had it, but I have a dreadful feeling I had the worst of it, and his settings for Race Quality were 'Very High'. Now I'm not saying for certain that I have an issue, it could be a coincidence, but when I quit that room, I could see no-one lagging from watching the race. Just now I started a race with Dante in my own room, no lag. Something is going on with my connection recently to the races which is affecting it. It'll be fine with everything else, and then as soon as the race starts with a lot of people, problems. I've tried port forwarding and the like. Please if anyone has any suggestions, and could help find the root of the problem with me, and I'd be very grateful. I really don't want to miss this week's race, but if I still have these problems, I'll be forced to sit it out.

Alright I'm gonna post what I just edited in the Le Mans race thread here.
But I'm not going to post things from the race thread anymore from here on it because I need EVERY ONE to get in the great habit of constantly checking the race thread for this week's round of WSGTC to see quick changes and new information about the week and the race as things can change quickly and if you get left behind on info. you might as well have a slower car too.
There's a button link right in the first post "Click here to learn everything you need to know about the next race" for quick access. Subscribe to it.

Also, to put more emphasis on it, the race thread is where all results, submissions, and qualifying times go. It's not for discussion, that's what this thread's for.

So Dante thank you so much for posting those results and going through the race for us! It means a lot and is a very commendable act of goodwill toward the series. So cool I'd even buy you a Finnish beer, and those are yucky :)
But would you mind re-posting it in the Tsukuba race thread for good measure to show it as an example of exactly what type of posts should go in there?
We want race results and penalties and such all posted in the race threads to keep them in an easy to find place. So your results post you made earlier's a perfect thing to post there.

::::: ROUND 3 SPECIFICS :::::
Laps: 19
Time progress: 15
Time / Weather: Time change, weather not fixed, start on Sunny
[Room must reset track before the race start in order to begin on dry conditions. Rain might or might not come right away, in any case, start the race.]
In-game Start time: 13:00

• [*]Qualification rules for La Sarthe. Super Lap will go on as usual BUT it will be a bit different:

Qualifying sessions will be set to 1 lap. The entire "race" will also be set to 1 lap. The time from the end of sector 2 to the finishline will be your qualifying time. The line for sector 2 is just after the first chicane on the big straight. Note: this quali. procedure will be similar for Round 11: Nurburgring 24h as well. Those of you who raced at La Sarthe in the Pre-season will recognize the sector 2 finish/sector 3 start line as the one we started the race from. (We will start the race from this line this time as well).

Here's the qualifying procedure for La Sarthe and exactly how to calculate the "Super Sector Time"
    (Arbitrary numbers are used in the calculations)

To calculate an SST @ Le Mans take the total time and convert it into seconds.

E.g. 4:03.561 = 243.561 seconds.

Take this number away from sector 1 and second 2 added together.

E.g. sector 1 time = 30.729 seconds. sector 2 time = 40.133 seconds

Qualifying time = 243.561 - (30.729 + 40.133) = 243.561 - 70.862 = 172.138

and the resulting time is this:

= 2:52.138
  • IMPORTANT NOTE:
    Some white lines are for everyday traffic and not for us. Only in some sections the lines are track boundry markers. They're mostly for traffic on the Mulsanne straight.
    Chicanes: As long as you are on the right side of the curbs, you will not recieve a penalty. Meaning that you can be outside the white line as long as you can make the curb.

[*]Green Flag: Polecar will decide where the start is (somewhere between 1st and 2nd chicane). He must make sure that ALL cars are clear of the first chicane before starting. Somewhere on the straight between 1st and 2nd chicane is where the start will take place. It's totally up to the pole car, as long as ALL cars behind him is on the straight. He can not start the race if the last car is still in the 1st chicane. Also, remember that odd numbers will take the left hand side since T1 is the lefthander in to the 2nd chicane.

[*]Make sure to stay on track at ALL times with at least 2 wheels touching white line / Red / White curb. The only restriction for the Mulsanne straight chicanes is that you must have at least two wheels on the rumble strips at the entrace, mid-corner, and end up on them on exit. You can not use run offs or tarmac of any kind to gain speed. You will be penalized heavily during the race and disqualified for having a dirty lap in qualifying.
    Just stay inside the rumble strips and course white lines. We realize there are many random white lines left over from the actual street road traffic lines. Those aren't course boundaries, only solid white lines at the corners are considered boundary lines.

[*]Special Mixed Class Starting Procedure:
    GT300's will sort their grid first and start 45-60 seconds ahead of the GT500 pack on the same lap.

[*]If you feel insecure of where the track limit is, just join a quali-session during mon-wednesday and ask a steward to do a slow lap with you.

[*]Pit lane.
    Entry and exit to the Le Mans pit lane is handled well in GT5 so there is no need to heed any special instructions or restrictions on entering or leaving the pits. Just stay within the white lines as usual and pay caution when joining a track with other drivers on it.

::::: ROOM SETTINGS FOR QUALIFYING AND RACE :::::

::::: HISTORY :::::

Winners season 1 -
GT500: Paginas
GT300: GTP_Aderrrm

Pole Position season 1:
GT500: Nycrom - 2:41.549 (Sectors 1 & 2 excluded)
GT300: GTP_Senninha - 2:52.573 (Sectors 1 & 2 excluded)

Fastest lap season 1:
GT500: C-Falcon89
GT300: Moleman

5 New GT300 drivers has filled the roster to capacity.

Welcome to the Series! Post here and introduce yourselves :cheers:

GT300Drivers10.png

I have to ask quickly, are those cars finalised? Because when I applied, I couldn't choose any of the premium GT300s, and yet all of these guys have now got them...

@ Hutjung - i'm not entirely sure how the car selection works. I'll have to refer to Denilson when he comes back.

@ Ravenmaven - See you on raceday! :gtpflag:

@ OwensRacing - what's 'Fwiw'?

You have ultimate fierce mind-splitting competition in the form of lots of GT300 drivers. Some of them are more racers than hotlappers which is why you wouldn't see them on the registry. But trust me when I say, they are GOOD racers.

Let's just say that come qualifying and race time you'll need a brace for your jaw to keep it from falling off. But that happens to most, race one jitters you know?

Sorry. Note to self: Read first before you reply.:dunce:

i for one look forward to racing with you guys i will do my best but above all i never quit no matter what! :) also big 👍 for putting me in with a scotland flag :D

Hey, i wonder if it's allowed to offer real money as prizes within the forum? I've contemplated about it before i started season 1... can also offer my GT5 collector's edition die cast (R35) as a prize (Most Points Combined Class).

Question, will qualifying be under the "sunny/not fixed" conditions?

Last season was under fixed condition.. so yea sunny for everyone.. We try to keep the qualification session as fair as possible.. Fixed weather, no ballast, 2 hot lap for everyone, no one talking in the room etc..

Individual Tables:
DriversTable303.png
The finishing order in this table for Race #1 is incorrect. HortusIX finished 6th (D1.6), Scanny was 7th (D1.7), Pinoy was 8th (D2.1), MH4wheel was 9th (D2.2) and Raagenteg was 10th (D2.3).

It is confusing because of the current Mixed Class point system which awards more points to D2 (hopefully soon to be adjusted according to general consensus and Denilson's call on page 20 of this thread). When is Denilson back?

You're right. Excel sorted it through points so that's how it came out.

We should keep it the way it was the 1st season with a single system, like so:

PointsKey1.png

Hi All!! :cheers:

I'm back from Norway, and are now able to post in the threads again.

AWESOME WORK with the OP Masi and Wardez. I could never imagine how good it was going to looks. Loads of credits to you guys!!!

I'm so eiger to race with you guys.. Have been away for too long now. I'm going to do nothing but race GT this week, that's for sure!! A lot of work is done for me, so got the whole week off!! :D

Some quick anwers to some of the questions:
5 New GT300 drivers has filled the roster to capacity.

Welcome to the Series! Post here and introduce yourselves :cheers:

GT300Drivers10.png

Hi, and welcome to the new guys. 👍
However, I have to ask all of you (5) to change your car. We only allow 3 from each livery in the GT300 class. All cars are tested by Aderrrm in order to make them all equal. Hence the different level of tunes for each model. 👍

Available cars:
3, Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03 (Standard)
3, Toyota APEX MR-S
1, Subaru CUSCO ADVAN IMPREZA '04

Feel free to pick any of the abowe cars. 👍

The finishing order in this table for Race #1 is incorrect. HortusIX finished 6th (D1.6), Scanny was 7th (D1.7), Pinoy was 8th (D2.1), MH4wheel was 9th (D2.2) and Raagenteg was 10th (D2.3).

It is confusing because of the current Mixed Class point system which awards more points to D2 (hopefully soon to be adjusted according to general consensus and Denilson's call on page 20 of this thread). When is Denilson back?

Points system is changed to:

Mixed class
D1: 55, 49, 43, 37, 32, 27, 22
D2: 22, 18, 14, 10, 7, 4, 2

Same class
55, 49, 43, 37, 32, 27, 22, 18, 14, 10, 7, 4, 2, 1

You're right. Excel sorted it through points so that's how it came out.

We should keep it the way it was the 1st season with a single system, like so:

PointsKey1.png

Ok, I really don't mind. But I changed the point structure because of the drivers did not like the way it was last season. I'm up for any of the systems. As long as we agree, and don't get complaints later on.

I totally agree that by ending up in D2, you should not be able to gain any points on someone in D1 (Unless a DC occurs ofc.). It will take the edge of the quali sessions.

But as I said, I'm up for any system as long as most of us are ok with it.

Feels great to be back! 👍

I also want to add that I've recieved a few PM's while I was away. I've read them, but not answered them because of the lack of time I had during the last 5 days.

I'll go thry them once again later during the day, and will answer them in the best possible way. 👍

Last edited:
Welcome back! 👍

Here's the list organized by teams. No particular order.

ListGT500Drivers11.png
ListGT300Drivers11.png

Available cars for the 5 new drivers:
3, Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
3, Toyota APEX MR-S

*all standard cars

p.s. Typo with 'Wes Sport'

Hi all, just to say right now I will not be able to join this week, and chances are I won't be able to do next week either, as I will be internet-less for that week. I will absolutely try to contact this thread throughout that time, probably via internet cafe or something, until then, good luck to all!

Also I love the work you guys have done to get those tables looking AWESOME

New Points System:

PointsKey1a.png

PointsKey2a.png

Drivers list organized by teams. No particular order. New guys from GT300 need to pick new cars.

3, Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
3, Toyota APEX MR-S

*all standard cars
ListGT500Drivers11.png
ListGT300Drivers11.png

How do the teams standings look now?

EDIT: On Tsukuba I'm still 2 seconds slower on my fastest lap than *EVERYONE* else out there.. Am I really that slow?

i guess since i have no choice ill take the standerd 04 subaru (dont have the other 2... :()

Paulmac: I'm sorry, the ADVAN IMPREZA is also off limits. Josh_1998 took the last one a few days ago.

New Points System:

Drivers list organized by teams. No particular order. New guys from GT300 need to pick new cars.

3 x Autobacs ARTA GARAIYA '03
3 x Toyota APEX MR-S
0 x Subaru CUSCO ADVAN Impreza '03

ListGT300Drivers11.png

Masi: You have forgotten to include Josh_F_1998 in your driver/team table (above) (he's in the CUSCO ADVAN Impreza '03 along with Hutjung and Jav)

Also - the standard Impreza is from '03 not '04. Plus - the standard Impreza is an ADVAN and not a DUNLOP (like the Premium '08 Impreza)
👍

EDIT - I've just seen Denilson's post. Thanks

i guess since i have no choice ill take the standerd 04 subaru (dont have the other 2... :()
Send me friend request on PSN and I can gift you one. Let me know which one you want, the Garaiya or the MR-S. I can only send 1 car per day so anyone else who needs a car just ask here in the thread I'm sure someone will help you out.

I suggest the Garaiya paul :) sounds awesome and as i remember it had a bit of a quicker pace than the premium Garaiya? but thats with stock settings though. Actually, im not really sure. Havent turned on GT5 in months
poke.gif

Back