H-Pattern Shifters Enduro

Think the OP says something or other, but don't quote me on it. ;)

Actually it says 7pm EST, guess I must have glossed over it. 50/50 on whether I'll be there tonight, I'll know for sure later in the day.

Last edited:
I should be on just after 8pm EST. The car is broken in but the driver.... well that's a different story...:dopey:

I should be on just after 8pm EST. The car is broken in but the driver.... well that's a different story...:dopey:

Who let this guy in?? :nervous: Long time, no see Nuno. Look forward to racing with you again. 👍

Thought I asked not to quote me on that. ;) But you went and did it anyway. :lol:

I've just confirmed that I will be there this evening for practice and qualifying.

Two questions: What is the procedure for qualifying and is there going to be time change during the race?

I have no idea how he plans to set up qualifying but so far as I know we should run through a 24 hour game period during the race.

Dragonwhisky
I have no idea how he plans to set up qualifying but so far as I know we should run through a 24 hour game period during the race.

I think it should be a full 24h race...

I could do it in one shot :)

I might jump in on this, depending on how busy I am next monday. I'm terrible with the clutch as I've only messed around with it briefly, but I do enjoy using it. I also love a good Nurb enduro :)

I probably won't be able to make tonight's practice/qualifying though.

Qualifying will be open runs. If you put up a decent time. I'll go to watch and write it down. Basically when you show up and want to make your run. Go for it. ;)

Qualifying really only being done to give a fair shake at grid stacking. Otherwise I'd have to do first come first serve on race day. Those that don't put a lap time up will stack on grid based on their order in the room next Monday.

Time cycle will be checked today/tonight to ensure we got the best multiplier. Like to see it getting dark late in the second lap. Then one full lap in dark then start getting light towards end of fourth lap. Then fifth and sixth be light. Something like that.

I'll most likely open the room around 6:30pm EST today. Room Number be posted.

We could use OwensRacing2 private lounge. The catch would be adding this user as a friend.

For tonight we will stick with open lobby.

I might jump in on this, depending on how busy I am next monday. I'm terrible with the clutch as I've only messed around with it briefly, but I do enjoy using it. I also love a good Nurb enduro :)

I probably won't be able to make tonight's practice/qualifying though.

This is pretty much my story as well, verbatim. I haven't driven the car in a few months, but if I can I'll try and be there this evening. I'll do my best to keep out the way.

Qualifying will be open runs. If you put up a decent time. I'll go to watch and write it down. Basically when you show up and want to make your run. Go for it. ;)

Qualifying really only being done to give a fair shake at grid stacking. Otherwise I'd have to do first come first serve on race day. Those that don't put a lap time up will stack on grid based on their order in the room next Monday.

Time cycle will be checked today/tonight to ensure we got the best multiplier. Like to see it getting dark late in the second lap. Then one full lap in dark then start getting light towards end of fourth lap. Then fifth and sixth be light. Something like that.

I'll most likely open the room around 6:30pm EST today. Room Number be posted.

We could use OwensRacing2 private lounge. The catch would be adding this user as a friend.

For tonight we will stick with open lobby.

So qualifying will just happen during free-run, we tell you our last lap was the one we want to use and you go write it down? That should work. It's really hard to do typical qualifying around The Nord since it would take about 15 minutes just to get one timed lap in. :yuck:

Taking the woman for Birthday dinner at 7pm eastern. Gonna do what I can to get on gt5 to qualify before I leave.

Just in case I can't make qualifying and you only have 16 people registered. If it would be okay to put me in last on the grid. Just in case?

Just in case I can't make qualifying and you only have 16 people registered. If it would be okay to put me in last on the grid. Just in case?

No problem at all.

Track settings-

Time - 14:00

Time Progression - 24

Tire Wear - Very Fast

So just everyone's aware: this will make a pit stop necessary.

I was wondering that. In our most recent go-round we used the "Fast" setting on SS tires and it destroyed them pretty quickly. It's been ages since I've been on any kind of racing tire though so I have no clue how quickly they wear now. I'll find out tonight! :nervous:

It's the fuel you're gonna need before you really need new tires.

Dragonwhisky just ran a tank out. Right at half way through his 5th lap and had 1/4 tire left.

Looking like a stop at the end of 2nd, 3rd or 4th lap adding 50 liters will be safe. You can try 40 liters but that should be tested.

Myself will pit at end of lap 3 take on 45 liters. :)

H shifter endurance practice/ qualifying room open:

1472-6118-4130-9222-7526

Room is now closed.

Last edited:
Ok Gentleman here is the current qualifying grid for the race on 04 FEB 2013

1__Marcus__Garvey_____9:38.693
2__OwensRacing________9:40.476
3__dsgerbc____________9:40.960
4__iamsupernasty_______9:48.046
5__nmcp1_____________9:48.346
6__blksupratt__________9:50.440
7__dabneyd___________9:50.983
8__FASBAS____________9:56.756
9__mrjones_80_________9:58.687
10_Blind829___________10:06.139
11_dragonwhisky______10:11.069
12_Wanderlust2000____10:12.632
13_BrandonW77_______11:04.992 running on several liters of "beauty" :sly: and sport hard? tires
14_johnnypenso
15_Oshawa-Joe
16_RSM-Lock2Lock

If anyone sees anything that is inconsistent with the session this evening, please let myself or Owensracing know.

Thanks.

Unless Marcus is still in there qualifying appears to be over.

Last edited:
So, it seems like fuel consumption is about 23-24 L/lap, so total requirement is about 144L, so put it 45L during your pit to be safe.

Not sure if 2 pits make sense, I suppose Marcus will tell us afterwards ;)

Wow some major variations in lap times! Sorry I missed it but sadly I couldnt get on before dinner. Anyone still on? Will be home jn 30 minutes and interested in running a bit.

Had a great time tonight guys. Really looking forward to the race next week. We have an excellent group of racers which will lead to loads of good racing and very good time.

Thank you Eric aka DragonWhisky for recording and compiling the qualifying times.

Back