H-Pattern Shifters Enduro

Apmaddock
I still wouldn't be able to justify it.

How does one justify a toy?

There is no need for justification. You want, you get. You don't want you don't get.

So I ran my bobs until I got 20 mil. credits and when I went to buy the car, I saw this.

uZy9okz.jpg

Oh, the OP says 20 mil. credits. I forgot to mention that.

Oh, the OP says 20 mil. credits. I forgot to mention that.

I wondered about that, I didn't think it was $20mil. Enjoy the extra money. 👍

We have some '65 tickets too if anybody needs one, only a few cars for that year so fairly easy to get the Alfa.

Oh sweet! I thought it was 20mil too. Just went and bought myself one :)

Can I sign up as tentative for Monday? Depends when I get off work.

BrandonW77
I wondered about that, I didn't think it was $20mil. Enjoy the extra money. 👍

We have some '65 tickets too if anybody needs one, only a few cars for that year so fairly easy to get the Alfa.

Hahahaha i thought it was 15 or 10 million. The 15 million is the 1967 Lamborghini

Anyway can i be in this race? I already got the car just made a 1965 ticket to get it.

I have the Logitech G27 i can also provide proof of it before race day with pictures.

And i must say I really like the way you are running this race or racing series. Exclusive and no tuning is my favorite style of racing.

GTP USERNAME- Lock2Lock
PSN USERNAME- RSM-Lock2Lock
WHEEL TYPE- Logitech G27
CAR/WHEEL COLOR- most likely stock. Not sure if I want to paint it. If i do I will let you know

Hahahaha i thought it was 15 or 10 million. The 15 million is the 1967 Lamborghini

Anyway can i be in this race? I already got the car just made a 1965 ticket to get it.

I have the Logitech G27 i can also provide proof of it before race day with pictures.

And i must say I really like the way you are running this race or racing series. Exclusive and no tuning is my favorite style of racing.

GTP USERNAME- Lock2Lock
PSN USERNAME- RSM-Lock2Lock
WHEEL TYPE- Logitech G27
CAR/WHEEL COLOR- most likely stock. Not sure if I want to paint it. If i do I will let you know

Heck yea you can be in!

Next Tuesday we will be holding a practice session. Prob 7pm EST till late. ;)

OwensRacing
Heck yea you can be in!

Next Tuesday we will be holding a practice session. Prob 7pm EST till late. ;)

Ok cool thanks.

I am just getting back into racing so i probably will not win any race hahha but good fun and man that car is great fun on the G27 compared to the old DFGT i had.

FWIW Mics will be on! I wanna hear some cursing over missed gears. Hopefully I don't get to laughing and have to pull over.
Oh, how I'm gonna be cursing...
Tried the car yesterday. It seems that my current heel-toe technique doesn't mix with GT5, cause it increases the number of mis-shifts like five-fold. Is there a trick or smth? Like the gear won't go in if revs are higher than X rpm?

dsgerbc
Tried the car yesterday. It seems that my current heel-toe technique doesn't mix with GT5, cause it increases the number of mis-shifts like five-fold. Is there a trick or smth? Like the gear won't go in if revs are higher than X rpm?

Dude you don't even have to let off the gas. Just floor it push the clutch in and shift down hahaha.

Anyway been driving the car lately on Nurburgring Nordschleife and it is crazy fun. It gets on two wheels a lot than I remember before. Big fun. I am also trying to get another one of my homies in this race is there another spot?

I've not had to much issue myself. Think maybe you need the clutch down and in the gear before releasing. Try slowing the shifts down?

It's hard to say with out seeing your technique.

But with the hard racing tires. It will be ok to dirty down shift. This is a lot of why I decided to use these tires.

Here is a old video of me using the G27.

http://youtu.be/ASdLCq_kfi8

Last edited:
For the lazy.

Nice kicks; I think I have the same ones.

I heel-toe in my car all the time but have rarely done it in GT5. Is there any real benefit to doing it in game, or is it just for fun/practice?

I've not had to much issue myself. Think maybe you need the clutch down and in the gear before releasing. Try slowing the shifts down?

It's hard to say with out seeing your technique.
D/k, works fine in my street car and in eyeracing. I'm not even trying to make it fast. I don't really use my heel like in your video, I roll my foot onto the gas pedal. It mostly works, but sometimes it doesn't. It's not as bad as missing a shift on acceleration, since I'm usually cornering after a missed gear on a downshift, but annoying. Gotta practice, I guess, and maybe adjust my pedals/shoes and where clutch 'grabs'.

Yeah, stay off the curbs, guys. It's fun driving on two wheels, but somehow it usually ended me up in the armco.

Curious what you have tire wear set to? Didnt see it mentioned.
+1. Keep forgetting to ask. If it's normal - you barely wear your tires.
Fast = 50-60-70% worn tires at the end and 15% full tank.
Very-fast - will need a pitstop.

I vote very fast lol.

Normal was the plan.

Tuesday we can test some of the others options. I'm a majority type of person too. So if you all want very fast. I'm ok with it. Lets test it then decide. :)

For the lazy.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASdLCq_kfi8">YouTube Link</a>

Nice kicks; I think I have the same ones.

Thanks. I have trouble linking videos from the app.

The shoes are pretty slick. I've sanded down the sole thickness and shoes the heal area to be more radius. Better feel and articulate my gas and brake smoother. LoL

As for heal toe. It can benefit you on worn or hard tires where the revs will cause the rear tires to lock up from engine tq. More so practice with these Racing Hards as they grip well enough that it isn't gonna surprise you into a spin.

The shoes are pretty slick. I've sanded down the sole thickness and shoes the heal area to be more radius. Better feel and articulate my gas and brake smoother. LoL

Are they Pumas?

Erm, did practice/qual get changed? OP says 28 January with race day on 4 February, which are both Mondays.

As for heal toe. It can benefit you on worn or hard tires where the revs will cause the rear tires to lock up from engine tq. More so practice with these Racing Hards as they grip well enough that it isn't gonna surprise you into a spin.

Yes. In this situation, the main advantage of the heel-toe is going to be allowing you to downshift sooner in a braking zone to utilise greater engine braking/turn-in without upsetting the car. As well, it is much more pleasurable to listen to than the clunk and whine of an overwound gearbox. Between condensing the inputs, reducing the braking zone, and maintaining stability; lower lap times should result.

Back