Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 41 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 552 93.1%

• Total voters
If it were a fiver for 20m then I'd bite. At £159.90 for 20m I just want to punch Kaz in the face.

Just what kind of nonsensical madness is this? The game was £60 and includes 400+ cars, by that logic each car is worth 15 pence! So they want £160 for something worth 15p. It's insane! Anyone who buys into this has more money than sense!
That's the crazy part of people defending this. You are literally buying cars that you already paid for by buying the game.

By buying the game, you should be expected a reasonable chance to eventually own every car without herculean effort.

I would love to see a breakdown of the amount of hours of grinding it would take to buy every available car in game.

Last edited:
Paying to win is what you guys are trying to accuse GT of doing when it is YOU who has always paying to win in GT economy.
I would have to agree this is bad logic. It's not the person that is playing the game and buying things with in game currency it's the fools errr nice folk that actually pay to support this business model. If nobody were to spend cash on this kind of stuff in the game they would never spend time and resource to add it to the game. By the same logic nobody would be trying to sell $8000 PS5's if nobody bought $8000 PS5's.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but that is just a terrible take.

GTPlanet does not represent the average player; we represent the hardcore players. Without Sony's data, we have no idea what the actual percentage for purchases in the community are. There is a reason companies implement them, because people buy them. GTPlanet likely represents less than .1% of the population of GT7 players; this is normal for gaming communities. To clarify, I am not demonizing anyone using microtransactions; I believe people have the right to do what they want with their money. The only people to blame is PD and Sony.

Microtransactions ruin rarity and achievement.

When you see someone driving a $5 million car online in GT7 you don't know if they actually worked for it or just spent the money on it.

It's my fault PD and Sony implemented microtransactions into a $70 game... right.
We talking about micro-transaction. Not a whole game. Micro-transactions. I don't know anyone personally that pays for micro-transaction. You want data? Here you go,

" Game developers have learned to take advantage of this new revenue source. It is estimated that only 5 to 20% of game communities take part in microtransactions, and the amounts they spend vary. However, this is still a significant amount, as the revenue generated is enormous for free-to-play games."

Two minute Google. The fact that you didn't do that says a lot. But lets be for real, effort or a lack thereof, is why we're having this conversation, aren't we? There even a site that breaks it ALL the way down to console.

No, its your fault you feel like $$$$ is the only way you can exceed in this game.

I would have to agree this is bad logic. It's not the person that is playing the game and buying things with in game currency it's the fools errr nice folk that actually pay to support this business model. If nobody were to spend cash on this kind of stuff in the game they would never spend time and resource to add it to the game. By the same logic nobody would be trying to sell $8000 PS5's if nobody bought $8000 PS5's.
I probably didn't convey my point correctly. My point is, there are people that drop loads of in game cash to max out cars for Clubman races. You do not have to do that, but people do because it makes the game easier. Paying to win. That's who its for. If you've been playing like this the whole time, I don't see how you could feel betrayed by the micro-transactions. You just blew $70 on a game you don't even want to play. I understand where PD is coming from. They put all this time and money into this game for people to just gloss over, at least give them a tip.

Never and anyone who does is making it worse...
NEVER BUY MICRO TRANSACTION.
How about add more cars to the game instead of ripping off your comsumer for gt7's super limited 400 cars list compared to gt6 1200 plus cars line up... smh

We talking about micro-transaction. Not a whole game. Micro-transactions. I don't know anyone personally that pays for micro-transaction. You want data? Here you go,

" Game developers have learned to take advantage of this new revenue source. It is estimated that only 5 to 20% of game communities take part in microtransactions, and the amounts they spend vary. However, this is still a significant amount, as the revenue generated is enormous for free-to-play games."

Two minute Google. The fact that you didn't do that says a lot. But lets be for real, effort or a lack thereof, is why we're having this conversation, aren't we? There even a site that breaks it ALL the way down to console.

No, its your fault you feel like $$$$ is the only way you can exceed in this game.
Is this a joke? Are you really jumping my crap for spending money to upgrade my car to be competitive?

I said I spend about 100,000 credits on some cars to reach recommended PP to compete in Cafe missions.

Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit $15,000
Racing Brake Pads $1,500
Sports: Hard Tires $3,500
Supercharger $20,000
Fully customizable Suspension $20,000
Weight stage 1, 2 & 3 $16,800
Racing Clutch and Flywheel $7,000
Fully Customizable Racing Transmission $20,000
If Needed, Racing Heavy Wet Tires $27,500

This isn't even close to what you can potentially spend on a vehicle; this is a cheaper car to upgrade.

They will give you a car that is around 520 PP and recommend 600 to 650 PP for the race.

I play on the hardest mode on the game and every single race is chase the leader.

I'm not sure how relevant a study is that isn't focused directly on GT7 itself.

I have to say that I find it hilarious how you are attempting to claim I am paying to win by upgrading my car to the recommended PP.

This is like a clown world.

Last edited:
Wow was there any rewards in that level range i feel thats the worst part of this collector system is there is barely any damn rewards
Nope nothing at all , just the reward of seeing 18 mill cr go bye bye , but it was worth it , one of my top 5 Endurance Cars of all time .

I understand where PD is coming from. They put all this time and money into this game for people to just gloss over, at least give them a tip.
I understand exactly were PD is coming from, they have made it painfully obvious. They hid these ridiculous over priced micro transactions from the press pre-game. They cut things that were in the original game because people were grinding instead of paying them money. They have stupid low payouts on custom races so you have problems earning money the traditional way. They dropped the PP bonus that was available in previous games. They dangle the most desirable cars well beyond anyone that dose not fork out the cash. They falsely represent there product in the media making up easy money races to put on public display that are not in the game (yet). They rig roulette payouts to be as little as possible on a continues basis. They give you 450PP cars and 600/700PP races. I could go on but anyone with eyes can see PD is only concerned with milking as much money via MTX as possible out of this game. I gave them a tip I bought this game at full price. I will play it and enjoy it for what it is but that's all they are going to get.

Last edited:
No definitely not! I did buy some cars for GT sport but at between £2.50 & £4.00 a pop I didn’t think was too bad seeing as I got the game in PS store sale. They should’ve stuck with the GT sport way IMO

Last edited:
I have not purchased any credits in GT7 beyond the ones included in the 25th Anniversary Edition (funny how they keep track of the $400K I have left from the $1.5 mil -even after ~$3+ mil in winnings). I have no intention of ever caving to microtransactions this steep... If the in-game economy were closer to GT Sport (including resale of cars GT Sport level payouts), wouldn't even bother worrying about microtransactions.
Wish there was a way to turn off the "invite to purchase" notifications or just have a waiting list for certain cars they want to keep exclusive ($2+ mil Ferraris and the latest Ford GT are the only cars I recall having such a system in real life; even the GT3s in my area are obtainable without a broker, just have to wait a few months)

No. They could offer me any car in the game for $0.99 and I would refuse. I want to earn the cars but at a reasonable pace. What we have now is not at all reasonable.

Think about it, they have micro transactions, they have been working on this game since 2014 (after GT6). And there's about 400 cars, the cars are from 2016/2017 and the graphics are previous gen console, specially for a PS5 game. Not to mention online only, so when they're updating you cannot play.

Overall this game should have gotten a 65/100 at best.

I really can't wait for Forza Motorsports 8 to arrive, I hope it pisses on $ony/PD cherrios enough for $ony/PD to put in actual effort into a game.

Last edited:
I probably didn't convey my point correctly. My point is, there are people that drop loads of in game cash to max out cars for Clubman races. You do not have to do that, but people do because it makes the game easier. Paying to win. That's who its for. If you've been playing like this the whole time, I don't see how you could feel betrayed by the micro-transactions. You just blew $70 on a game you don't even want to play. I understand where PD is coming from. They put all this time and money into this game for people to just gloss over, at least give them a tip.
Give them...a tip? This is a satire, right? Like, this entire comment is flippantly facetious, right?

I bought a couple of them, not paying for the millions though, i would if they cost £1 for 1 million credits, heck id buy a few of them suckers...:nervous:
:D:D

I bought the 25th anniversary disc version for the reason of having a physical copy and the steel case, I will never I repeat I will never spend a dollar on micro transactions. If Sony was smart they should reinvent the cars exactly the same way it was done in GT Sport. If you don’t want to grind for a car you spend a reasonable price of real dollars to buy it for 1.99 - 5.99 max. I understand polyphony digital gives us free Contento downloads but at this rate I have a feeling we’re gonna have to pay for that too. And in my honest opinion I don’t believe this is Kaz call I feel it’s a political backlash from Sony and someone call Jim Ryan

What I cant stand is how the MTX prices are equivalent to real world wages. Like if you want the F1 you either have to grind for 20 hours or give them 20 hours worth of job wages in cash.

No, unless the initial purchase could be considered. I'm not planning on buying any credits especially at the prices they set.

I bought a couple of them, not paying for the millions though, i would if they cost £1 for 1 million credits, heck id buy a few of them suckers...:nervous:
:D:D
Exactly... if 1 million credits was 1$ I wouldve spent 200$ by now but make those same credits 20$ and ill be spending 0 (and probably wont be playing as much).

No, unless the initial purchase could be considered. I'm not planning on buying any credits especially at the prices they set.
this... paying AAA prices to participate in an F2P tier economy.

I bought the 25th anniversary disc version for the reason of having a physical copy and the steel case, I will never I repeat I will never spend a dollar on micro transactions. If Sony was smart they should reinvent the cars exactly the same way it was done in GT Sport. If you don’t want to grind for a car you spend a reasonable price of real dollars to buy it for 1.99 - 5.99 max. I understand polyphony digital gives us free Contento downloads but at this rate I have a feeling we’re gonna have to pay for that too. And in my honest opinion I don’t believe this is Kaz call I feel it’s a political backlash from Sony and someone call Jim Ryan
They should do the Forza model, Premium is $99 for all the upcoming DLC and you are VIP (more rewards/perks).
Regular price for game $59.99. If you don't like premium, you can always just get the DLC you like at $5.99/DLC.

Loot box/mtx is cancer.

Latest Posts

Back