Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
I like having so little money in something that I can beat the living hell out of it every day and not have it matter.

I've also thought about adopting a child or becoming one of those big brothers for the same reason...

I just prefer not having to pay huge "you-drive-an-import-cha-ching" repair bills thanks to me being stupid and beating the crap out of something I enjoy, therefore, taking life from that enjoyment or making it cost alot more to enjoy.

I know it has the power, but that doesn't mean I have to drive my car like a retard to prove to everyone else that it does.

Time_Attack
I like having so little money in something that I can beat the living hell out of it every day and not have it matter.

I've also thought about adopting a child or becoming one of those big brothers for the same reason...

Thats exactly how I think when it comes to my girlfriend.

I haven't had enough bad experiences to realize that you can't always fix it. Of course, I don't have enough money to fix it if I break it anyway.

But I still run the crap out of it. It's so damn enjoyable.

BTW, that's a KILLER Sol in that on e picture. It's too bad he has the old, lame front bumper, as oppsed to my DC2 ITR-esque front bumper.

Hey man, thats cool. I'm not looking for a redline drive, I just want to compare the engine revs to my friends Civic (stock 1.7L) and hear the sound of the extra .7 Litres under the hood.

Well, to be honest, you wouldn't hear too much of a difference. I run a full RSX exhaust, so it's actually quite quiet. Most people couldn't tell that I had a K, when I rolled into the show. I popped the hood, and people went :embarrassed:.

The only difference is that super-cheapo intake piping and filter. It's only going to be there about another 8-10 months, but it does provide a lot of excess noise. I can't wait for the new setup. ;) TODA to the rescue.

Got home from work tonight to find....

pic-1.jpg

HYPER BATTERY lol. But thats just packaging... Inside was:

pic1.jpg

New brochures, and new headlight squirters off of an RTI limited. When they were sold to me i asked for the headlight squirter unit, and got the whole ****ing unit, i mean damn.. This thing is so complete it comes with all piping, all pumps, even comes with the washer bottle. Crazy.. And i didnt pay much for it either :P

More brochure pics.....

pic3.jpg

And then theres this baby.. I couldnt believe my eyes when i found it...

pic11.jpg

Look how thick this puppy is!!! An original press release book for the Japanese EF series Civic. Its in MINT condition too, heres some pics of the inside...

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

pic8.jpg

***HIGH POTENTIAL BODY :D (So cool.)

pic9.jpg

pic10.jpg

It is the most detailed book ive ever seen, I understand only small amounts of Japanese but the pictures are priceless....(as is the engrish lol)

Heres my headlight squirters:

pic13.jpg

pic12.jpg

And heres were my brochures will reside.. Next to the rest of my collection...

pic14.jpg

I have a few duplicates now too (Namely because some brochures were inside another and werent advertised as having the second one inside... SCORE ;) ) So ill be selling those eventually if i have anyone interested.

Cheers,

Steve.

Sp33 - Thats a serious collection there man. Find any options that you wish your car came with yet? Now all you need is a Japanesse friend to translate it all for you and you'll be set. :lol:

Theres one accessories brochure that has a triple pod thing that sits on the dash which shows the level of inclination and outside temperature and has a compass on it as well, that would be so cool lol.

Im working on some japanese friends to lol.

Grr, guys. I want an EM1 so bad. I don't really know why. My Sols driving position is better, and the freaking roof comes off. It looks good and runs good. Everyone else likes it, because most Sols are ricey pieces of crap, and mine is pretty plain. And it sounds beautiful.

But I want an EM1. The problem is that I'm very reluctant to ever own a car that has an electronic throttle. I just don't want one. They suck. And I think (I'm not sure, correct me) that every Civic after the EK had an electronic throttle. Thus, I'm stuck with the EK as the newest I'll go. Plus the EM1 has my engine, which means I don't have to go through a swap.

EDIT: TA, I crave more EK. Grab a stash and hide it in the Imports thread. I really don't care if they're reposts or not. :lol:

Hey guys remember me? its been a few months now. . .
I have finished my recrtuits course for the air force and am now doing my aircraft technician training. I've moved interstate now to NSW (thats right Im closer to you now steve!) and have got a house now! so much has happened in a short period of time. Ill post up more info when I have the time, Just saying hello again to you all.

Oh by the way the prelude is still fine, she drove across the country without a hick, but the thermostat is stuck open now and the -2 degree mornings here means a cold trip to work!

Glad to hear everything is going good, especially with the 'lude! (I miss mine already)

Theremostats aren't much, and they're pretty easy to change. Just be thankful it isn't stuck in the closed position! :lol:

I to would also like to join. I drive a 2002 Acura RSX-S. my mods are in my sig below, And i have just ordered some new innovative racing mounts for her also.:)

I to would also like to join. I drive a 2002 Acura RSX-S. my mods are in my sig below, And i have just ordered some new innovative racing mounts for her also.:)

How do you like the Neuspeed springs for the RSX? What size of drop did you get with them, and what size drop would you say you ended up with after they settled?

I'm just asking as I've had a couple of friends that have gotten sets of springs for their car and although the initial drop was correct, after the springs settled, they ended up with a drop much more then what they ordered. In the one case, it was almost a full 1.5"s more then what was claimed. That wouldn't seem like much, but when you compare a 2.25" to a 3.75" drop, it gets pretty noticable.

Foamy - What did you want to know about the F22b? Or were you just asking if we knew what one was in general?!

i mean like does anyone know the differance betweet the F22a and the F22b.
Then there is the f22a1 thru 6 and the f22b1 thru 3. and many others
i've heard of a f22 that was dohc but not a h22??? i'm not sure about that one.

Yeah, theyre all minor variations off the same engine pretty much. The dohc one wasnt that special either.

Callum: You moved closer and i moved away lol. Im in QLD now. Were abouts in NSW are you? Good to hear from you again.

Welcome to our newest members:

foamy_302
Quick99si
DC5dude

👍

You know the F and H are so similar that you can place an H head on to and F block... Many people put an H22A vtec head on the F22 sohc block. I've got an audio clip somewhere of such a hybrid and it sounds sic as hell. I also hear the F blocks can handle a good 12 psi all day...

Back