Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
A base sedan with a tow hook? Uh huh...Even if the car was for track use only, I'd still laugh about it in his face every time I saw him. That just made his car questionable, and anyone with a questionable ride has no right to bag on others rides.

I don't think he's really a driver anyway.

All the car has is some soft H&R coilovers and the Mugens The rims are nice, but besides that the thing is stock. But even so, In Dayton people that know anything about Honda's heritage and whatnot are rare. He might have the only set in the city, lol.

They appear to be 14" MR-5's, which are rarer than the 15" model, due to the fact that they're less "desirable". But, even still, they're MR-5's, which were one of Mugen's higher produced wheels, like M7's.

PS. Time Attack, my car is my daily. ;)

Ahh yes, the "project car". My car is my daily driver aswell (actually, my weekend driver since I ride my bike to work) and it has 3 times the hp his Civic has, and probably twice the hp his project has, so unless he did something so crazy to his project to make it unroad worthy, why wouldn't he bring it out to the meets aswell? Has anyone even seen his "project car" or is this something he only talks about? And why would he put a tow hook on a daily driver?! That makes it even more funny. Laugh in his face for me the next time you see him. :lol:

He has an EF hatch that I believe he is rebuilding.

Now we don't need to be talking behind peoples backs. I think hes a decent enough guy. Keef on the other hand... just shush.

Yeah, he's got the hatch, but I have no idea what he's doing with it. I don't remember ever seeing it, actually. I've seen it in his garage, and he sure has enough parts to build one from that damn ground up, but he's never brought it to a meet. All I remember is him joking that he wants the mudflaps to drag the ground. :lol:

I'm sorry we can't all bring our projects out every night. Sometimes we'd like to drive something we know runs... or perhaps we're doing something to it and can't drive it that night...

lets stop talking smack before I link him here... I don't talk behind peoples backs.

You mean like this guy is doing with toyomatt?! :rolleyes:

I'm just saying, if your going to talk smack about someones ride, make sure you have something to back those comments up with so you don't look like just another fool talking trash out of jealousy (which in my opinion, this seems like its about).

If he wasn't saying something, then how did Keef just happen to pull facts about Toyomatts trip down to the meet out of his brown eye?! I agree though, enough talk about whoever this guy is, but I'm just going to add that you can't deny that he was indeed talking behind his back and what goes around comes around so stop getting so upset. Just my 2 cents.

Sp33 - Good to hear. Its pretty decent, and almost as good as a G-Tech pro for getting your quarter mile times without heading to the track. I'm going to try to get the registration number off my friend if he still has it so we can utilize the full program.

Anyway.

I saw a pic in the Imports thread, via TA, and I'm about || <-------- that close (actual size) to painting my Buddy Club rims green, whenever I get them. Actually I'm not sure if I'd get then painted or powder coated, or whatever else they can do. I'd have to talk to the custom guy to see which one is best.

YOu mean what i downloaded ISNT the full program!? Dayem! This thing must be huge then.

Nope, after you register it it downloads a huge database of cars for you to play with, all with the correct information. After going through them all, it was more then worth the $20 for the guy to enter all the cars in.

Keef - Are you talking about the same color green that was posted, or your own variation?

Coz at the moment theres like 957 cars.... I dunno if its the same program as the one your talking about or not... Is it dos Based? Heres a screen shot.

untitledcf5.jpg
Look familiar?

Coz at the moment theres like 957 cars.... I dunno if its the same program as the one your talking about or not... Is it dos Based? Heres a screen shot.
Look familiar?

Yep, thats it. I finally unzipped my copy that I downloaded when I sent you the link and noticed that all the cars we were given when we registered it is now included with the download.

Did I just read that right? 7200 rpm clutch dump?!

awd ooo yeah.... Apparently thats the optimum RPM for launches for my car lol. Its amusing though, with the drag section, for the first few seconds all my opponants are wheelspinning, whilst im close to pulling 0.7g's and clutch slipping lol.

Actually the car would probably bog to hell. Even STis do it and they have 300 lb-ft. If you drop the clutch at full throttle it goes "EEEEEKbongabong....waaaAAAAAAAAA..."

Something like that. Basically, in those the best drag launch involves hellacious clutch drag.

Also, yes, the green from that EF picture is the one I like. But there's lots of greens. Hell, Sherwin Williams probably has hundreds of them. I'd probably go get a bunch of sample things. I'm not sure if I'd paint them, or powder coat them, or whatever else they can do. You guys know anything about that?

Powder coating will be stronger and last longer, but will cost you alot more to do. I'd suggest buying the rim in the color you want, if possible, as it would save you a few bucks as well as the grief of having to get them painted/coated.

Well I do suppose an STi's clutch is meant to hold much more torque than a Civic's. Those simply don't slip. But I can see how a clutch in a Civic would slip until it hooked up with that much power being put through it.

Well I do suppose an STi's clutch is meant to hold much more torque than a Civic's. Those simply don't slip. But I can see how a clutch in a Civic would slip until it hooked up with that much power being put through it.

STi clutches are a different composite than Civic clutches. The entire premise behind an STi, is a hardcore tuned car. The Civic (non-R), isn't anywhere near as built up as an STi. If you were to place the same style clutch/flywheel combination in a Civic, as there is in an STi, you would notice no difference in clutch feel.

Back