Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Mclaren_Man
well its only the rear bumber that is damaged the rest of the car is fine, it is drivable and the 4ws system is fine. As for racing on public roads, well i was the only car and had one passenger in the car with me, what caught me out was the fact that i was going at my normal pace through the section of road that i know very well, then it started raining really quickly and i didnt take it into account.

Toyomatt - I completly understand where you are coming from and comments like your first one is excatly what i expect, im still young and stupid most people i know have crashes when they're my age, that is still no excuse though...

You may be young and wreckless, but I wouldn't say you're stupid. Someone stupid, wouldn't recognize their faults. You on the other hand, do. So I say to you, "bravo!" 👍

@McLaren_Man - The term "young and stupid" is kind of a bad saying, because nobody is really "stupid" when they're young (except for the odd few, but thats a different topic), they're just inexperienced. Growing up is a learning process, and driving is just part of it.

I feel your pain though man, there's a really twisty road that I use to take my first car down all the time just to get the back end to swing out. One night I had the urge to go a lil faster, and it had rained that night, and although the road was semi paved (which is why the back end would drift out so nicely) my car completely spun out on the second to last corner, sending my car bounging off the side of someones tall ditch. First off the front bumper, then right around and off the back and into a ditch. :scared:

Wouldn't have been so bad, except that the car died and for some reason wouldn't start, and it was around 2am and I was without my cell phone. Got the car boosted after waking up a neighbour, and aside for dents on both end of my car, everything was good, I learned my lesson and lived to see another day. :D 👍

Mclaren_Man
im still young and stupid most people i know have crashes when they're my age

Really? Wow, none of my friends crashed including myself within our first 5 years of driving (still haven't), We must have been lucky. (I will admit there have been close calls though)

Thats funny, cause I know people that have had over 5 or 6 crashes within their first 2 years of driving.

Of course, they're not driving now cause they can't afford the insurance, but hey, atleast they got their first 5 crashes out of the way early. :lol:

oh gawd, thats terrible mclaren man. I had a close encounter with a 4x4 which i may have written in here about, and that 4 wheel drifting that i mentioned a couple of pages back ( WOO oh man that was fun but thank christ there wasnt anyone in the other lanes).

Youll have to get some pics up when your feeling up to it.

~Sp33~

am puttin on those chromy things tonight, will get pics up by the weekend.

just checked it out at the yard where it is stored, one of the rear wheels is slightly bent so some suspension components will have to replaced. prolly up for around $1000, absouletly ****ted about this cos i am meant to be saving for a Ski trip but looks like that is gonna be near impossible now.

Seriously not enjoying life right about now, i hope i get some good luck ASAP otherwise....well lets just hope i get some luck.

SRV2LOW4ME
Thats funny, cause I know people that have had over 5 or 6 crashes within their first 2 years of driving.

Of course, they're not driving now cause they can't afford the insurance, but hey, atleast they got their first 5 crashes out of the way early. :lol:

Woah, some of my stupid friends are not driving now either due to repeated drink driving offences.

Mclaren_Man
i hope i get some good luck ASAP otherwise....well lets just hope i get some luck.
Good luck :)

@Mclaren_Man - Ouch, sorry to hear. Lemme guess, 'ludes are a rare site in junk yards there too? Me and my 'lude friends feel your pain man. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Mclaren_Man
just checked it out at the yard where it is stored, one of the rear wheels is slightly bent so some suspension components will have to replaced. prolly up for around $1000, absouletly ****ted about this cos i am meant to be saving for a Ski trip but looks like that is gonna be near impossible now.

Seriously not enjoying life right about now, i hope i get some good luck ASAP otherwise....well lets just hope i get some luck.

Atleast you don't have 4 loans to pay on top of your living costs and other bills. Trying to work on a car, is almost impossible, until I finish school.

Well here it is! ta-da! lol.

Three of the steelies where already black but looked rather shotty, and the fourth was silver.. :/

So... Off came all the wheels, cleaned, scuffed and painted em all, then back on again. Oh went the dress rims and voila or however you spell that.

Heres wat it looks like:

I reckon it looks a hundred times better then hubcaps *ack*

Eh, theyll do until im not a pauper or however its spelled.. *sigh*

~sp33~

Gorgeous ride, btw. Extremely clean. 👍
The rims look fine, IMO. I always remember that you can only spend money you have, nothing more. That's how I keep myself out of credit trouble.

@Sp33 - That looks awesome! 100 times better then the hubcaps. Looks awesome with the chrome lugs and lip against the black rim. How long did it take ya all together, not including drying time? Your gettin +Rep for that one. 👍

VIPERGTSR01
Good luck :)

Thanks, and it has paid off. only 600 bucks to fix it up, very very lucky the 4 wheel steering system wasnt disturbed because that is apparently a couple thousand to get done :scared:

Around next Wednesday i will be driving it again, cant wait to get back in I am sick of driving my sis's 1986 toyota corolla, ahh the pain :indiff:

Mclaren_Man
only 600 bucks to fix it up

Thats not too bad then.

Mclaren_Man
very very lucky the 4 wheel steering system wasnt disturbed because that is apparently a couple thousand to get done :scared:

Wow, I'm not sure how Honda's 4ws is setup but on my car I couldn't imagine it being too expensive to fix and if it was I could by a 4ws canceling bar :)

Mclaren_Man
Around next Wednesday i will be driving it again, cant wait to get back in I am sick of driving my sis's 1986 toyota corolla, ahh the pain

Heh, nice to be back in your own car :)

SRV: It took me about.. 20 mins, then just left it overnight to dry. thanks for the rep ;)

Toyomatt: yea the rear left :( lol. You have to know to be able to see it tho, i dont think its that obvious, i had an idea to change the silver one with the spare, but the spare was something different again hehe.

Mclaren man: 600$ aint bad, you where lucky :/ You got any pics of the carnage yet? Be good to get yourself back on the streets.

~Sp33~

Got some indicators for my EF today, really cleans the front up 👍 Will take pics tomorrow because today I felt like rubbish :(

The other night I also gutted one of my headlights for the hell of it, might as well do the other one as well. The right side will make a difference because my air filter fouls on the back of the headlight now but when I go turbo I'll have more room for piping 👍

Still havent sorted the bouncing idle, might go to Honda tomorrow and buy a genuine throttle body gasket and see if that solves it, I think it will do.

Opened my oil catch tank to find some oil in the bottom, not enough to show up on the external level thingo, but at least I know I've connected everything up right.

Might start searching for an EG half radiator now, start making room for the turbo :mischievous:

@Mclaren_Man - Wow, only $600? Thats pretty good, atleast for Canada. Was there any frame damage at all, thats the worst, and normally its cheaper to scrape the car then fix it if thats the case. I heard AWS was a little pricey to fix or replace on the Prelude, glad to hear ya lucked out in that area. 👍

@Sp33 - $20? Money well spent, and you probably added about 200 bucks onto the price of your car.

Taurine - Have you messed with your idle control at all, and is everything hooked up and/or hooked up correctly? Sometimes the biggest problem is the stupidest mistake. Unfortuantly, i've been there 1 too many times. :lol:

~Sp33~
SRV: It took me about.. 20 mins, then just left it overnight to dry. thanks for the rep ;)

Toyomatt: yea the rear left :( lol. You have to know to be able to see it tho, i dont think its that obvious, i had an idea to change the silver one with the spare, but the spare was something different again hehe.

Mclaren man: 600$ aint bad, you where lucky :/ You got any pics of the carnage yet? Be good to get yourself back on the streets.

~Sp33~

Nah', it's cool. I was just interested in telling you abou it.

toyomatt84
I can tell which one was silver. :D The left rear. :D

On the last picture, the spoke design is different than that of the front wheel, and since the front wheel matches the opposite side, voila! :D
Damn, you're attentive! I think that might be difference between the 3rd and 4th gen steel wheels (having had a Civic from both generations).

Thats interesting to know, i think the previous owner has had a smash in muh car ( bastards) coz one of muh headlights is from an 88 civ, and the others from the 90-91 model. Also theres spot weld marks on the underside of muh bonnet where its been straightened... Its possible they had to get a new wheel when that happened....

Hey DDMv2, first time poster hey?

I am assuming that the white one is his, car looks relativly clean overall, looks like it has been lowered quite a bit at the rear and that front lip is nice and subtle works well.

So when is he going to sell the civic and buy a prelude? lol j/k

DDMv2
Finally got some pics of my bros car with his "crew". Pics arent Good quality but u can see the cars. I'll try to get better quality pictures on April 9th:dopey:
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/971/civics119lc.jpg

Clean looking car yer bro has, what rims are those though? They kind of look like stock BB4 (4th Gen) Prelude rims, but cooler, and more sporty. Nice choice for that style hatch. 👍
If he ends up taking it on the track or strip at Cayuga this year lemme know, i'll try to come down with my friends and see what eachother can do. :dopey:

Yeah i forget to say that his car is the White one with the Front lip. It has a sticker saying PSC on the passenger side of the windsheild.

Mclaren_Man: And I dont think hes gonna be selling his civic for a prelude:)

SRV2LOW4ME: The rims came off a 2000 Civic Si-r Also know as Civic SI in the states. We gonna be going down to Cayuga this Sunday(April9th)! It's the Season Opener. Can you believe its only $10 to race! Hope to see you there:dopey:
Heres the info for april 9th http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/06Flyers/springwarmup.jpg

DDMv2
SRV2LOW4ME: The rims came off a 2000 Civic Si-r Also know as Civic SI in the states. We gonna be going down to Cayuga this Sunday(April9th)! It's the Season Opener. Can you believe its only $10 to race! Hope to see you there:dopey:
Heres the info for april 9th http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/06Flyers/springwarmup.jpg
They look pretty good on the car considering they're only OEM Honda rims. 👍
Thanks for the link! I work till 11am on Sundays, but if i'm not too tired, i'll try to make it down. I love the "back of a pick up truck" specials they have there, sometimes you can find some pretty good stuff, unfortuantly for us too much is for V8/American cars. :ouch:

@Sp33 - Unfortuantly our drag strip is littered with fox bodied Mustangs. Even on import day, when its suppose to be all imports, every other car to go down the quarter mile is an 80's Mustang 5.0 litre. In the city where I live, they even have their own performance shop, the "5-0 Depot". Oh yes, i'm sad to report that almost every 5.0 Mustang, and even some of the 4 cylenders have "5-0 Depot" across their back windows or windshields, its worse then ricer decals.

Back