Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
lol! did ya know that behind the stupid mustang, the EF civic platform is the easiest car to buy parts for? I thought that was rather interesting.. Theres just soo many other cars that use the civics platform.

*shakes fist*

~Sp33~

Got bad news...
In the pic below The white civic closet to the camara was stolen 2 days ago. It was my brothers friend car. It was stolen right infront of his house during the night. If anyone in the Toronto/Missisauga region has seen this car or knows anything about it please PM ME or give me a call at 647 201 7949 ask for dan.:nervous:

-_-` Thieves should dig a large hole. Then cover that hole with dirt, preferabley with them inside. Ofcourse leaving the stolen goods unharmed on the outside.

big shame man, good luck finding it.

Wasnt that model civic the most stolen in america?

@Sp33 - Seriously? The EF? Is that around the world, or just in Austrailia? I don't see a lot of parts for it over here, other then parts for the 5.0 all I notice is parts for the EK or 1996-2000 Civic, or atleast for the B16A engine.

@DDMv2 - Damn, that sucks. I walked out to find my car keyed up before (long story, basically involves sleeping with someones girlfriend, home invasion, and sending someone to jail, dull story really) but that is nothing compared to finding her missing. I don't live too far away, and most of Toronto's crap (guns, drugs, crime) seems to run downhill to us, so i'll keep an eye out, but I doubt he'll get it back in one piece. :sad:

Hopefully insurance doesn't try sticking it too him, and tell him to think of it this way, atleast the new car will give him a clean/new slate to work with. 👍

The thing about it that sucks tho is he didnt have Full cover insurance so i dont think there going to give him anything back:indiff:
He lost so much money on that car to. He bought it for $6000 CND and added more parts to it so the total lost is about $8000+ so it really sucks:yuck:

Ouch getting your car stolen, I cant even imagine what that would be like, I've been without mine for nearly two weeks now and I think I am having withdrawal symptons :lol:

Get her back tomorrow though so I am looking forward to that :)

Not so good news...
So the car was found this morning not sure where but they had it towed to a garage. The car was completly stripped. They took the Motor(B16a1, ECU), Sir seats, 12 inch sub, the Vx rims, they basicly took everything! The car is in its bare shell. They also broke the side windows and took everything out of the car.

Ouch. I've heard horror stories of that (mainly a CRX with a pretty built ZC) but nothing that bad. If he has insurance, tell him to refuse to take it back, because you never know what they did to the car and its chassis. If he didn't have insurance, I wish him luck, it'll cost him a lot to replace everything and get it back to its original glory.
Poor car, hopefully it all comes back to them in the end.

WOW! Sorry to hear that. :( It sucks owning one of the most stolen vehicles in the US. It just goes to show, that a decent car alarm will save your ride, or atleast most of it. :(

I hope all things go well, in receiving money for it.

SRV2LOW4ME
@Sp33 - Seriously? The EF? Is that around the world, or just in Austrailia? I don't see a lot of parts for it over here, other then parts for the 5.0 all I notice is parts for the EK or 1996-2000 Civic, or atleast for the B16A engine.

Well the B16A originated in a car with the a shared civic chassis. Coz the Crx's where pretty much a dressed civ' hatch from what ive heard... In England the Ef chassis was used massively for pretty much every small-midsize car lol. Rover pimped it with its 400 model and some other models as well. The EG civic also uses the EF platform from memory as well. Also the Honda domani and the Honda concerto where all civ's with fancy dressing. So all the parts are interchangable.. so where some 'Teg parts... The ones with the B series engines..

<-- thats the concerto

They all looked similiar. Keep your eye out ;)

~Sp33~

If i got anything wrong feel free to correct me but im pretty sure thats all right.

Got me car back the other day, and I scored some pioneer 6x9's today aswell, for FREE!!!!

so here is the leftover damage on my car:

P4090020.jpg

P4090019.jpg

P4090018.jpg

ill fix it up later on once i have the cash....

@Sp33 - Damn, I didn't know that, thanks for the info. 👍

Mclaren_Man - Ouch, atleast its not as bad as I pictured. Shouldn't be too hard to fix on your own, might also save you money when you decide to do it. And 6x9's? Your Prelude has 6x9's? Damnit, is my car the only Honda cursed with 6 1/2's?!?!?! :grumpy:

Yea i didnt think that they would fit either, but I put the spacers on and they still managed to fit in without rubbing against anything. I was surprised, it seriously took like 5 mins to change them over! The best thing is that they cost me nothing :)

PICS:

P4100021.jpg

P4100022.jpg

McLaren_man: Oh gawd that sux, Where abouts did they repair? I know from experience that tail lights are dam expensive >.<, On the plus side you where v. lucky ;). 6x9's eh? madshiznit :) You self installing?

~Sp33~

EDIT: dammit ***** beat me to the post button lol. Your speakers look mad :)

^^^ They had to repair all of the suspension components that were bent along with the stub axle? and its bearings.... lucky the 4ws didnt get interuppted as that is big money. The cosmetic damage isnt too badand its now drivable which is all that matters.

Good to see you got it back 👍

Your also lucky your front bumper didn't crease/damage your left guard (fender/wing) (like happened to a friend with his 180sx :( ), I notice its quite misaligned, you going to re-align it?

Oh btw be careful with those rear speakers being so visible, they are just asking low lifes to steal them.

@Mclaren_Man - Those 6x9's look pretty good, and since they were free, I bet they look and sound even better then normal. 👍
Your lucky you have the room, unfortuantly my back window is so angled that I could barely get my old speakers out in order to replace them. I'd love to drop a set of 6x9's into my car like that, but i'm left with the option of speaker boxes on my back deck (oh hells no) or cutting away the back deck to make room. :yuck:

Got some pics 2day, took them in and underground garage will have more pics later this week...

Click em.
Didnt do any editing yet. Need to get photoshop:indiff:

V. V. Sweet Hatch. I love those lips, was thinking of cramming one on muh EF.
@Mclaren_man: I was lucky that the speakers i got actually fit behind the stock covers, so if there not blaring then you cant tell that theyre aftermarket, which definantly works in muh favour. Not that you could see much anyways the tinting on mines pretty dark.

On a general note, ive seen a few cars around with tinted taillights and i think it looks mad. Is there a level of tint you can have before it becomes illegle? or is it all just.. Not allowed...

~Sp33~

VIPERGTSR01
Good to see you got it back 👍

Your also lucky your front bumper didn't crease/damage your left guard (fender/wing) (like happened to a friend with his 180sx :( ), I notice its quite misaligned, you going to re-align it?

Oh btw be careful with those rear speakers being so visible, they are just asking low lifes to steal them.

Funnily enough, that bumber was already misaligned before the accident but now it looks much worse so yea, i think a realignment is on the books.

As for those speakers being visible, I noticed that as soon as they're in, not much I can do really as I dont want to cut away the metal on the rear shelf to lower them in. Maybe it is time to get the tint re-done and get the back window done while I am at it to hide them a little.

Also, now I am no longer going on the ski trip this year so I guess that means that is $1000 that I now have to spend on my car :) im thinking an exhaust at the moment then maybe get those bumpers fixed up 👍

DDMv2 - Nice shots! The interior one is a little dark, but the rest are pretty good. Does your brother have wheel tuck in the back, or am I just seeing things?

~Sp33~ - I'm not sure how it works there, but in Canada the rule is your tail lights have to be red, and when you break, it has to glow red. The law could be different over there though, and as far as tint goes, as long as they're not black, it should be alright. All depends on the cop and the mood he's in when he see's you though unfortuantly. :lol:

Mclaren_Man - Thats good man, and money well spent in my opinion. Think of it this way, you'll enjoy the ski trip for the time your there, but you'll enjoy the car for (hopefully) a couple years. If you have an account, check eBay for universal mufflers, you can usually find great deals on there, and cheap prices mean you can afford to do more to your car in the long run. 👍

SRV2LOW4ME: Yup that wheel tuck you see there:dopey:
i'll take some pics when he gets the ride back home of the side and the wheel tuck:)

SRV2LOW4ME
~Sp33~ - I'm not sure how it works there, but in Canada the rule is your tail lights have to be red, and when you break, it has to glow red. The law could be different over there though, and as far as tint goes, as long as they're not black, it should be alright. All depends on the cop and the mood he's in when he see's you though unfortuantly. :lol:

haha i see, I better check somehow then before i go leaping into something and get fined lol

Nice, wouldn't look too bad, but my suggestion is to change it from reddish, to black/gun metal. Should look awesome against the white car, and make the chrome ring stand out. 👍

Anyother place you can try that out is www.tirerack.com
Its where I spent almost a lot of my time before picking my rims out.

The weather was great 2day so we decided to take some pics :)Enjoy!

:)
Enlarge them once u click the pic for better quality.

Back