Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Mclaren_Man
Boz Mon: Im glad that you now have a more enjoyable experience driving then you did when you were tearing it up in your soarer. Also your fuel economy will now be heaps better than your old soarer?

definately better economy, I havent calculated it yet but tomorrow will tell...:)

sigcopy.jpg

Mclaren_Man
Boz Mon: Im glad that you now have a more enjoyable experience driving then you did when you were tearing it up in your soarer. Also your fuel economy will now be heaps better than your old soarer?

Soarer? You mean lexus SC300.

Maclaren Man - Yeah, unfortuantly Honda's come with more intake system then engine. For some reason they like to run piping everywhere theres room. My friend did the same thing you did for a while before installing his battery in the trunk and putting on a short ram intake. Just make sure you still have the filter in place, for some reason he didn't put his back in and he drove around with it open to the engine for almost a week. :lol:

Sp33 - Hey man, don't diss the fatties! Unfortuantly i've been messed up enough to put one under my belt (where my wing man was at the time i'll never know) and if theres one thing I learned, its that fatties will do ANYTHING (and unfortuantly ANYWHERE, but we won't get into that).

Fairlady240zg - That guy was a joke. I mentioned it before in this thread already about his horrible launches and poor driving. The fact that he asked for 20 cars was a disgrace to imports everywhere. :grumpy:

Boz Mon
Its the same thing. In the US it is the SC300 but in Europe its a Toyota Soarer. Same concept as the Lexus IS vs. Toyota Altezza

They were sold as Lexus in Europe (and Australia) as I'm aware, the Toyota Soarer was sold in Japan, the Toyota Soarer came 2.5L I6 Twin Turbocharged (1JZGTE) or the 4.0L V8 (1UZFE), while the SC300 came with a 3.0L I6 N/A (2JZGE) and SC400 4.0L V8. So a V8 Soarer and SC400 are very much the same but the SC300 has a different engine to any Soarers.

Its like people in the US saying they have a Silvia when they have a 240sx.

VIPERGTSR01
They were sold as Lexus in Europe (and Australia) as I'm aware, the Toyota Soarer was sold in Japan, the Toyota Soarer came 2.5L I6 Twin Turbocharged (1JZGTE) or the 4.0L V8 (1UZFE), while the SC300 came with a 3.0L I6 N/A (2JZGE) and SC400 4.0L V8. So a V8 Soarer and SC400 are very much the same but the SC300 has a different engine to any Soarers.

Shows how much I knew about that car :ouch:

VIPERGTSR01

That just made me think of the guy that told me he had an A-Spec Silvia. And people say Honda guys are bad, atleast i've never heard someone with a Civic DX say they have an A-Spec Civic Type R! :lol:

Although I have seen them badged as one. :ouch:

SRV2LOW4ME
That just made me think of the guy that told me he had an A-Spec Silvia. And people say Honda guys are bad, atleast i've never heard someone with a Civic DX say they have an A-Spec Civic Type R! :lol:

Although I have seen them badged as one. :ouch:

Haha, don't seem to get much of that over here except to do tend to see the odd GTR badge plastered around.

AMG powered EF anyone? Ballade? wasnt that a crx? LOL *sigh*

~Sp33~

P.S i dont get that picture where the vtec isnt working >.> was there something to get? I feel im missing out here lol.

~Sp33~
P.S i dont get that picture where the vtec isnt working >.> was there something to get? I feel im missing out here lol.

Its from a show called 'Pinks' (which we don't get in Australia) where there race cars for pinkslips, and make deals on what what kind of handycap they will have, this guy in the pic wanted 20 car lengths advantage cause his Vtec doesn't work. :lol:

Yeah, he was for real. The sad part is the other guy actually gave him 20 cars! He was half way down the track while the other guy was sitting at the starting line. It was horrible and depressing to watch this kid get smoked, especially when the host kept yelling "your representing imports!". :lol:

Thats a different episode with a different Civic. Kinda funny though how at the end you find out the guys NOS bottle was a fake. :lol:

lol fake NOS bottles? Wouldnt you have taken it out to give yourself more of an advantage?! LOL. Unless ofcourse i dont know what im talking about. Which is quite posible seeing that ive never watched the show :P

hey I have a question for you guys...
I have been looking into Honda Crx's and want to know if the 88-91 Crx HF was availible in the US market only. Reason being is I have been looking on www.trader.ca and havent found 1 crx hf yet... Where these model crx's ever availible in canada? and if they where can you point me in the right direction of where i can find one...

I'm not really a CRX guy but I dont think that the HF was available in the US. I think it was only the DX, EX(?) and Si. I could be wrong though.

BlazinXtreme
There are a few HF reviews so I assume we got it in the states.

I withdraw my previous statement. Apparently they are available in the states. It is the lower model(?) than the dx. I didnt think there was a lower model than that. I guess you learn something new everyday.

CRX HF is the economy model--I hope you know what you are getting into--don't expect much acceleration.

The base 1.5 92 hp unit is good for 30 mpg upwards, I think that would be the best bet 👍

skip0110
CRX HF is the economy model--I hope you know what you are getting into--don't expect much acceleration.

The base 1.5 92 hp unit is good for 30 mpg upwards, I think that would be the best bet 👍

The 92hp one is the Dx. The HF makes 62hp and 90ft/lbs of torque.http://www.crxsi.com/specs.htm

Edit: my dad drives the 92hp DX and he gets almost 40mpg with almost 300k miles on the clock.
another edit: I just realized that you were recomending the DX and not saying that it was the HF.

Boz Mon
The 92hp one is the Dx. The HF makes 62hp and 90ft/lbs of torque.http://www.crxsi.com/specs.htm

Edit: my dad drives the 92hp DX and he gets almost 40mpg with almost 300k miles on the clock.
another edit: I just realized that you were recomending the DX and not saying that it was the HF.
Ahh, I wasn't sure if you were familiar with the cars, but seems you are :)

I (sometimes) drive a EF hatch, which has the same 1.5 engine, about 60K miles. I never really get above 30-33 mpg, sometimes as low as 27 mpg, but that's just my lead foot :lol:

skip0110
Ahh, I wasn't sure if you were familiar with the cars, but seems you are :)

I (sometimes) drive a EF hatch, which has the same 1.5 engine, about 60K miles. I never really get above 30-33 mpg, sometimes as low as 27 mpg, but that's just my lead foot :lol:

My dad drives like an old lady. He pretty much uses the car for his commute to work every day which is a little less than 20 miles 1 way. That car just amazes me.

My EF sedan got me 45mpg once. I got 550km's to the tank which didnt have the fuel light on, i was rather impressed. The HF wasnt sold in AUS, im pretty sure we only got the descent models, like the si.

The CRX is a pretty cool car, and a great car to modify, but unfortuantly, thats the problem with them. Most of the CRX's for sale now are either rusted out beyond repair, beat to hell by lil ricer wannabe's or modified with the parts most people like to add themselves. Personally, I like working with a clean slate, but as a starter car, they're a great choice.

Your best bet would be to find a DX, or if possible, an Si that hasn't been abused or modified beyond belief and start from there. Your pretty much on the right track with the www.trader.ca search, the only other places I can think of that would list CRX's for sale would be a Honda/CRX forum with a "for sale" section.

On the topic of gas mileage though, I once got 500 km to a tank of gas once. It was a happy day for both of us. (I mean me and my car of course) :D 👍

Back