Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
yay more members, almost turning into a prelude fan club tho ;)

went on a cruise today guys, it was good we had some good freeway driving and I got some pics for you guys put Ill post up the pics for you some other time because I have a party to go to tonight :)

Well look whos mister popular. It can prelude out for all i care lol. It would be nice to see some accords though... Theyre so hot hehe

RocketPantsBob - Nice ride man, I basically have the Canadian version of your car, only different rims and a couple of options. So...When are you going to send me your headlights? :D

Mclaren_Man - I think we're about even on the number of 'ludes to Civics, its just that the Prelude owners are cooler, and so we stand out more! :lol:

I wish there was a Prelude club around here, or atleast one that was worth joining. Unfortuantly the TPC (Toronto Prelude Club) is almost 2 hours away, and from what i've seen, they're a little...umm...ricey?! (Video taping the club doing burnouts in grass? Umm...GAY)

Sp33 - I hear that! I was actually thinking of trading the ol' 'lude in for a 2002 Accord EXR (2 door, V6) that I found for sale pretty cheap. Nice looking cars with a great ride, I just can't see myself giving up the Prelude though. :indiff:

Cruise happened yesterday, ended up travelling over 200km's! heres some pics for you guys:

4th Gen engine bay
P5200004.jpg

P5200006.jpg

P5200007.jpg

P5200008.jpg

P5200009.jpg

P5200010.jpg

P5200011.jpg

P5200012.jpg

P5200013.jpg

P5200014.jpg

Yea thats me :sly:

Callum.jpg

Mclaren_Man
Cruise happened yesterday, ended up travelling over 200km's! heres some pics for you guys:

4th Gen engine bay

Yea thats me :sly:

Nice, looks like a nice cruise. (River Murry I see?)

Unfortunately todays Skylines Australia cruise turned tragic, don't know if you saw it on the news but one of the Skylines and a Ford Festiva collided head on today while doing 100kph each, the Festiva was on the wrong side of the road over a hill and was killed. :(

I agree with Sp33, those tail lights do look good. *runs off to ebay to order some up*

Nice looking cruise though, and over 200km is pretty cool, sounds like it was fun. 👍

Damn, that sucks about the Skyline Aussie club though. The worst way to end what should have been a good day.

If you guys are talking about the tail lights on the 4th gen with the 'type Si' (not just 'Si') the lights in them are cool aswell, they're LED and are uber bright.

Hey Viper, whereabouts was that crash? that really is the worst possible thing to happen on a cruise. Make sure the club doesnt get down, and most importantly dont stop organising cruises 👍

Mclaren_Man
Hey Viper, whereabouts was that crash? that really is the worst possible thing to happen on a cruise. Make sure the club doesnt get down, and most importantly dont stop organising cruises 👍

It was between Mt barker and Strathalbyn, SAU (Skylines Australia) wont stop cruises, it wasn't the fault of the cruise but the Festiva that was overtaking in the wrong lane.

Page 8 of todays Advertiser has a article on it, The Skyline driver is already out of emergency in the hospital and is in a ward now, he should be fine, but the Festiva driver died.

On something unrelated to that, my friend works at a Tuning shop here in Adelaide that does performance mods, dyno tuning etc, today he told me a guy with a Honda Accord came in wanting them to fit a turbo to it......... but heres the funny part, He said to my friend he didn't care for any extra performance of it he just wanted the blow off valve to make noise :lol:

Ive seen blow of valves for sale.. As in, its just a prerecorded noise that plays through a speaker under the bonnet when you lift off the gas. :/ Talk about rice.

Sorry to hear about that skyline and that festiva. Like you would honestly try to overtake anyone in that breathless piece of crap.

Yea I just read that article, is your name shaun by any chance? That was the name of one of the drivers of the third skyline.

really bad to here about this though, the driver killed was only 18 years old...

Nah I wasn't on the cruise because my car isnt running at the moment, but friends sent me messages about it and then a thread at Skylines Australia was made about.

Mclaren_Man
If you guys are talking about the tail lights on the 4th gen with the 'type Si' (not just 'Si') the lights in them are cool aswell, they're LED and are uber bright.

Did you just take some type-s badges and an Si badge and put them together or something? My 4th gen Si didnt have any Si badges. Just the Prelude emblem.

We never had the Si 4th gen here in Canada, but the 4th gens were badged as either a Prelude, Prelude SR and Prelude SRV. I'm pretty sure there was no Type Si ever created, but maybe it was just a US thing to not have the Si badge on the cars. :confused:

SRV2LOW4ME
We never had the Si 4th gen here in Canada, but the 4th gens were badged as either a Prelude, Prelude SR and Prelude SRV. I'm pretty sure there was no Type Si ever created, but maybe it was just a US thing to not have the Si badge on the cars. :confused:

4th Gen with the h23a1 is considerd the Si. I dont think it ever had Si badges though.

Im not sure about the whole badge situation guys, Ill ask the owner next cruise.

Bad news for Prelude Australia though, our website got hacked into buy the website owners or something and now all the info on their has been deleted :( a new website is being created though, not sure if all the members will transfer across though so numbers might be down at cruises from now onwards :nervous:

Sp33 - Yeah, I don't understand why my car wasn't just badged as a Prelude VTEC like in the rest of the world. Ahwell. :indiff:

Mclaren_Man - That sucks. Did the website break any of the hosts rules for what is deemed as improper material or information, such as street racing or other unlawful activities? I've heard of that happening in the past, and could be the reason why the site was taken down. Hopefully everything works out and the cruises continue. 👍

In my country we have the Prelude 2.0 and the Prelude 2.2 Vtec, no more than that, but a little while ago a friend of mine bought an american Prelude, which has the 2.2 litre engine, but not Vtec technology....., maybe that has some kind of relationship with the badges.....

NismoR34Ztune
In my country we have the Prelude 2.0 and the Prelude 2.2 Vtec, no more than that, but a little while ago a friend of mine bought an american Prelude, which has the 2.2 litre engine, but not Vtec technology....., maybe that has some kind of relationship with the badges.....

The American 4th gen Preludes were:

2.2L SOHC with 135hp (this is the S model)
2.3L DOHC with 160hp (this being the SI)
2.2L DOHC VTEC with 190hp (obviously the VTEC)

I've heard of the 2.0L 4th gen, but I believe they were only offered in Europe and Japan. The 3rd gens in Canada were all 2.0L DOHC non VTEC with 140hp, Anyone know if Europe and Japan just had the 2.0L carried over from the previous generation, or if it was a completely new Honda engine?

Back