Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
McLaren - Sounds like you had fun kicking ass. What car do you have? I haven't roamed this thread yet.

3rd Gen prelude:

smallervoflightsup.jpg

newcoverin.jpg

Keef: Good to hear your going down the NA route, if you find yourself a good tuner and have quality parts the results will definitly be there. One of the guys on Prelude Australia has gone down a similar route except with a 4th gen 'lude and his car is very impressive. What ECU would you go for? a Hondata or VAFC2? another mod you could do is get your throttle body machined to a larger diameter with a slight taper inwards. Also he had a custom SMSP header built that was HPC coated and just that header alone with tuning gave him 25 extra HP, the car now has 128KW at the wheels which is respectable considering he has a lot more mods to do!

good luck with the NA route 👍

Hows the black paint on the exhaust manifold cover coping Mclaren? Still holding on? (Assuming that engine pic is an older one)

Taurine - Your car didn't sell within those 5 days? Whats wrong with the people in your area?! :odd:
That thing would sell within hours over here. Maybe you should mail it too me and i'll keep...err...sell it for you...yeah, thats it. :D

I had it on $1 reserve and within one day it was at $1000 but I thought I would never get another car like it for the price I payed so I decided to hang on to it.

This afternoon I swapped the suspension from my Civic over to my CRX. Poor Civic is sitting on bricks and axle stands at the moment :(

Anyway, the CRX is now a hell of a lot lower (the factory rims are very close to disappear in the guards!) but it's a bit too bumpy for my liking. I might get used to it but I'll raise it up a bit tomorrow afternoon and see if that changes anything.

It really needs some new wheels but I mustn't start spending money on it when the Civic is close to completion!

Taurine - I agree with Sp33, we need to see some pictures, but if you decide to keep the suspension, or go back to the original, don't forget to check your alignment. Too many people forget about that when they raise/lower their car, and then wonder why they go through tires every year. :scared:

Okay here are some pics, had a bit of a scare this morning though.

Just about to get onto the motorway when I start hearing 'thud thud thud thud thud thud' so I'm thinkin oh great I've finally blown that CV that's been clicking for a few weeks now.

So I limp to work and dicuss it with the guys (who think it looks great sacked out but really needs better wheels) and they agree that it's a CV joint. Not to worry, I've got a set of spare axles from the Civic I can swap over.

Decide to skip night class and head straight home and into the garage. Jack the car up, go to unbolt the left hand wheel and hello ..... 3 loose wheel nuts!

Only one was done up tight, the other 3 were almost halfway off the remaining thread. So that explains the thud thud thud! Tightened them up and took it for another spin and everything seems okay 👍

dsc00325sp5.jpg

dsc00326ak6.jpg

that goes to show that you can fully rebuild a civic into a drag racer and have all that knowledge, yet still forget to do up the nuts. (unless it was the previous owner)

and the car looks a lot better now, much more squat and slightly more aggresive 👍

Taurine - I like the stance with the new suspension, if you can, I vote that you keep it on there, or atleast pick up another set like that for it. The bumpy ride might be due to your shocks not being able to keep up with the spring rate of your coils. The bolts could have just worked their way loose from driving it. Slap a set of rims on their and you have yourself one amazing Rex. 👍

That's a really nice Rex, Taurine. Some 15s or 16s and four or so go-fast tires could have that thing handling like a beast.

I have a bunch of pictures I took earlier today (what would we do without laptop memory card readers!?) I'm busy now--off to school tomorrow--but I'll post them up later. Interior first.

That REX is SEX! :dopey:
Looking really good. Anyway you want to trade your front end for a US market front end?:sly: :)

:lol: @The hand written note

Clean car man (minus the floor mats) and it seems like its in good condition. 👍

The interior of those are pretty sporty, (could use a little more leather, but thats the Prelude owner in me coming out :lol:) and the shifter looks like its a good height.

So when do we get to see the exterior? :confused:

Upon looking through the many Prelude enthusiasts that are among this thread, I've become very interested in the (5th Gen.) JDM-only Type-S.
Anyone around here own one?

Here's a few Preludes that should be seen.

390044_27_full.jpg

new8.jpg

new9.jpg

new16.jpg

437656_5_full.jpg

437656_12_full.jpg

And my favourite, if only someone could make it into a real 'GT' style car.

277315_51_full.jpg

Whatever drop you have, it is perfect.

The tires fill the wheelwells beautifully without looking oversized.

Nice, clean car. 👍

Keef - One of the best looking front ends Honda has ever come out with! 👍
Looks clean though, and you have the only spoiler I have ever liked on the Del Sol.

Toyomatt84 - I agree with everyone else, whatever your drop is, its perfect. Hows the ride with the new coilover system?

Not a bad looking meet, but is that a Ford Probe in the line up? Please tell me its something else...for the love of God, please tell me its something else!!! :scared:

Thanks for the positive comments, everyone. I'm quite glad with my coilovers, especially since they make the car ride like it's on rails, without shattering my teeth. :)

Here's what my coilovers look like, I'll get my actual photos up from the swap, eventually. :P

camber%20macro.jpg

damn that is the SICKEST civic of that year ive seen! good job on your car!👍

Time Attack: what intake did you get? and u have a sound clip?:dopey:

Latest Posts

Back