Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Thanks for locating the pictures, guys. That's a heck of a lot easier to discuss, when I got people posting pictures. :) I actually keep tabs on Ryan, and his and my last discussion was about sets of rims. He seems to have plateaued in his spenditures. :) Whilst I am already planning on my third set to purchase. ;) That all relies on whether or not my bud will pay me for the PC I built him over a year ago. My RC Starks should be here in Oct. (they're on the ship coming my way in about 1week).

Oh, and for anyone who's interested. I took a mini-shoot today to see how stiff my suspension is. Enjoy.

Nice, by the thumbnails I thought those were cornering shots at first (which would have been even more amazing, but cool nonetheless.

those are some nice pics!

Suspension looks good.

Also BTW Ive started my new site.

If any of you are interested in it just click the link below...
http://www.excessivestreet.net/

We just started off and the forum isnt that good but let me know what you guys think!👍 :)

dsc00343xd7.jpg

dsc00346fb4.jpg

That is a really nice bonnet (hood) Andrew 👍, too bad most carbon fibre bonnets (hoods) I see are full of pointless holes and vents and are not nice like that.

Yeah I was a bit skeptical of doing it because I want to keep as much weight on the front wheels as possible, but with all the yellow in the front and the tiny blob of silver intercooler it was getting too much, the black is a good contrast.

I'm currently reinstalling my suspension so I can roll the car out and take better pics.

Having too much weight at the front is going to make it unstable at higher speeds, though...

That is also a good point but I will have to run up to 90kg of ballast to conform with my class regulations so using a set of corner scales I'll be able to get a nice even weight distribution by putting the ballast where I want.

It's all coming together eh? Just getting ready for the start of the season. You looking on time to make your deadline?

I doubt that it is a lack of time which will stop him making this deadline, more a lack of finances.

Nice bonnet BTW Taurine, it really adds to the look of the car. Even though the primary reason for this build is to go really fast it should look cool too. Any idea what kind of wheels you will be running?

Nice, by the thumbnails I thought those were cornering shots at first (which would have been even more amazing, but cool nonetheless.

If I would have attempted to drive over that bump, I would have probably high-centered my car, or atleast scraped the heck out of the rails. I only have about 3" of clearance. :) Which is low enough for me. I could start posting up pictures of people with less than 2", but that's insanely low for where I live. Winter would kill a car like that.

DDMv2 - The site isn't looking too bad. Is it an actual club, or just a forum? Any possible street meets or track days planned for the future?

Taurine - Looks good man, and really finishes off the car nicely. 👍

Sp33 - DANG! VTEC at 1100 rpm AND 2 billion miles an hour? Must have taken that "pic" while driving in a Prelude. :sly:

I saw a prelude today and was all like "oooo a prelude" so I look at it closer and realise it has ugly ricer wheels on the front and steelies on the back. 👎

This town seems to be full of rice. If only these ricers were driving eg hatchs I would have gotten rid of these tails by now...

I doubt that it is a lack of time which will stop him making this deadline, more a lack of finances.

:( Yea :( The car will go, when the car goes. Plenty of race meets through Jan and Feb next year anyway.

Any idea what kind of wheels you will be running?

I will test on the RX7 wheels and the semi slicks and when the car is feeling right I'll either try and find some second hand 15 x 8 wheels and fit some 26x9 slicks or buy a set of proper drag wheels like Bogart or Weld.

SRV2LOW4ME: Yeah right now the forum aint the best.(we are on a free server) but we will have meets soon. Just takes time to make everything right and have enough members willing to go.

Me and my bud from excessive will be going to cruise september 30th or october 1st (date not decided yet) Were going to be cruising with ClubEL members from 403& Dundas to Niagra falls. Lots of people are interested, and its gonna be a great meet. If your interested in coming let me know...

Heres the link for full details : http://forums.clubel.ca/showthread.php?t=22976

I saw a prelude today and was all like "oooo a prelude" so I look at it closer and realise it has ugly ricer wheels on the front and steelies on the back. 👎

This town seems to be full of rice. If only these ricers were driving eg hatchs I would have gotten rid of these tails by now...

LOL, for all those burnouts theyre going to be doing with the back wheels? LOL. The thing is, theyre still probably unsure of which wheels are driven, and will only find out when they go to change the rear wheels after a burnout session, only to find the tyres on the front 25" chromies are bald 💡 hahaha.. thats so funny.

@srv2slowfsjgmeh: Prelude?! lol. :ouch: ill let you have that one :scared: lol.

You guys heard about the insane new Legend coming out? something like 220kw or 300hp with honda SH-AWD (super handling all wheel drive). The most powerful engine theyve ever built, with one hell of a platform sounds like an awesome drive. Even looks good !:dopey:

Legend? Must be an Australia thing. We call it the RL here in the states, and it's been out for over a year now. But yeah, the magazines love it. It looks smooth and fast and fancy, handles pretty well for a car its size, goes okay. Problem is, the Infiniti M does all that better, be it the 35 or 45.

Taurine - The hood is lovely. Too bad the bumper doesn't fit as good as the hood. :lol:

Me and my bud from excessive will be going to cruise september 30th or october 1st (date not decided yet) Were going to be cruising with ClubEL members from 403& Dundas to Niagra falls. Lots of people are interested, and its gonna be a great meet. If your interested in coming let me know...

Heres the link for full details : http://forums.clubel.ca/showthread.php?t=22976

Thats an awesome cruise! 10-15 imports flying over the Burlington Skyway, and down all 3 lanes of the QEW Niagara along the lake shore would look awesome on video, so props on the good idea. I'd love to go, but unfortuantly wouldn't be able to make it due to work, but make sure to post it somewhere afterwards, its something i'd like to see. 👍

Thanks^^^

Yea the RL is just an Acura ploy to get people to think that its not a Honda. Apparently people just dont want to buy expensive Honda's.

Im assuming Honda's image is much different here then it is in other places. Shame, because here they've managed to find a nice niché in the market. Sales of its relatively luxurious models are strong.

So guys at the end of the year I will have finished school and I can get hooked up with a temporary full time job for about 6 months until I go into the Air force (as an aircraft technician :D) so I will be getting some serious money.

Whilst I will be saving for my next car (Im currently interested in a series 2 S14 200SX http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c132/1990_Prelude/1486347.jpg ) I might just splash out on the prelude a little bit just to give it a bit more kick.

Im thinking a Hurricane header and a high flow cat at the moment.

http://www.racinghonda.com/images/hurricaneHeaders2_thumb.jpg

Mclaren_Man - Nice looking header! It will definitely add some sound and performance to the cars engine, and with the high flow cat, finish your exhaust system off perfectly. 👍

Hopefully one day you come to your sense's and forget about the S14 and start looking for a 4th or 5th Gen Prelude, or even an Integra, (as Sp33 would say, VT@C!!!) but until then good luck with school and the new career. :cheers:

Yes, Toyo, I know what a Legend is. The reason I said "we call it the RL here in the states" is because we call it the RL here in the states. I also realize it's a Honda everywhere else. Acura changed the name from Legend here because, like Sp33 said, American people don't like expensive Hondas for some reason. And indeed Acura has sold the everywhere-else-it's-a-Legend RL here for a year now. But at least you didn't call me "bud" this time.

I guess trying to be nice in my posting etticate has failed. Maybe people really do lack the sense of seeing things in a positive light online.

I won't call you bud anymore, I'll just call you " ".

Take it easy man, I caught his error too, but just took it as a simple mistake. You have to remember that we haven't seen the Legend name for 10+ years, and like he stated before, he is new to the Honda/Acura scene.

Everyone goes through the learning process in some way. Correcting him is a good thing, but I don't think he deserves the critisizing.

On a side note, when my leather seats start looking worn, I'm popping these bad boys in...
mugen_seat_recaro_2.jpg

Latest Posts

Back