Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
DDMv2 - Do you ever see any of the TPC members at the meets? (Toronto Prelude Club) I haven't met them yet, but I know some of them join other meets in the area.

Sp33 - Not bad, and for a pretty good price. đź‘Ť
Make sure to post up some pics when you have them on the ol' boy.

^ yeah I seen a group of preludes at that meet. They also meet at kennedy commons. A bunch meet there every wednesday night.

toyomatt84 - Ive searched for a front end and have come up with nothing! My bud tells me those are hardly for sale so your gonna want to keep searching other sites and maybe ebay.

If I do find one ill let you know right away:)

u can view the www.clubel.ca forums from time to time to see if anyone is selling there front end. I highly doubt you'll find one for cheap tho...

^ yeah I seen a group of preludes at that meet. They also meet at kennedy commons. A bunch meet there every wednesday night.

toyomatt84 - Ive searched for a front end and have come up with nothing! My bud tells me those are hardly for sale so your gonna want to keep searching other sites and maybe ebay.

If I do find one ill let you know right away:)

u can view the www.clubel.ca forums from time to time to see if anyone is selling there front end. I highly doubt you'll find one for cheap tho...

Yeah, I was afraid you'd say that. I've been searching for a while, for a used clip, but I might just have to get a Canadian phone book and find out where a decent junkyard/auto salvage yard would be, and call them up. I might get lucky, but if all else fails, I'll just call up a dealership I know that deals out OEM parts (found the company through ClubEL). Thank you for the effort, though. :)

I like the wheels Sp33. The simple design and color will go with your Civic just dandy. I hope you like 'em!

Time Attack - About your tickets, for the past 3 years i've been where you're at now. This November is the 3 year anniversary of all 3 of my tickets, which means they're finally coming off my record (2 in one day, and 1 the following week - it was a bad week for me with cops I guess). Unfortuantly we don't have the driver class here in Canada, which means with each ticket, I had 10% added to my insurance rate, which no chance of it going away until they come off my record 3 years later. It was a hard 3 years with many close calls, but hopefully *fingers crossed* i'll be partying it up this November knowing that my premium has dropped by 30% and is finally back to normal.

Sorry I have to be the a**hole, DONT SPEED!

not bad little wheels you had posted up SP33.

My girlfriend picked up a car magazine yesterday had a JDM 5th gen Prelude in it which looked the goods and put out around 250HP at the engine. I got excited. And no I cant remember what he had done, and it was built up by a workshop.

Sorry I have to be the a**hole, DONT SPEED!

Actually, they're not all speeding tickets. The one fine was for not having my my up to date insurance slip on me. I had the old one on me, but it had just expired, so even though they believed me that my new one was sitting at my parents, they still gave me a ticket. Unfortuantly that counts as a minor here, so it went on my record. Another one I actually fought in court and won, but the judge decided he would only remove the fine, so the infraction still found its way onto my record.

I love the Canadian legal system. :grumpy:

I've been caught by the ol' radar once so far. It was even on a city street, and the cop was driving the opposite direction as me. The guy just had to be sneaky and flip on his radar while cruising like normal. Anyway, he got me going 57 in a 35. I came up over the hill and he got me instantly. Damn VTEC got me in trouble the third day I had that Del Sol! I wasn't even mashing it, the thing just went like a rocket, man. I couldn't control it. Supa Fass.:lol:

Got the rims, they look great. It comes with the centre caps too :D

theyre got heaps of tread on em, and theyre in great condition. Will post pics later, but as for now im kinda in the process of moving so i wont be online for a while. Please be patient if your a potential member ill try and saught your stuff out as quick as i can đź‘Ť

Talk laters guys.

Just thought I would chime in and say hey ... Honda owner and fan here. I have a '97 Prelude base model, 5spd, black, stock exterior and interior, engine is currently being reassembled. The previous owner performed the following modifications oversized valves, port & polished head, lightened flywheel (ACT I think), and AEM intake and DC sports header.

I purchased the car a few years ago from a friend (original owner). The car is currently being reassembled after a fairly massive valve train failure. About the only thing I have done to the car is add a set of Koni single adjustable shocks (still running stock spring rates).

Another 'lude owner is always welcome around here in my opinion. Welcome to the Honda fan club. :cheers:

Glad to see you and your friend didn't go the rice route and actually decided to add some performance to the car. What happened with the valve train? (if ya don't mind me asking) Any future plans for the car, or any pics to share?

What happened with the valve train? (if ya don't mind me asking)
I'm not really sure what happened to it. The original headwork has been going ok for well over 100k miles. The shop that rebuilt the head could only guess that the head was starved for oil at some point in time. Basically, the valves were mushrooming at the tips, the cams and rockers were worn badly, and a valve seat was munched up and the associated valve was starting to pull through. I noticed it while adjusting the valves.

Any future plans for the car, or any pics to share?
I'm really not sure what else I will end up doing with it. I'm happy with the power that the car makes. I purchased a cheap set of sleeve type coilovers, but I am not mounting them because I am not too keen on how the spring sits in the upper mount. I would like stiffer spring rates, but I do not want the car sitting too low either ... which is why I was looking for some height adjustment (to be able to raise it back near stock if I get springs). I would prefer the car sit between stock height and maybe an inch lower at most.

I have autocrossed the car a bit in the past and have done a few DE track days at a local road course in another car. I would like to take the Prelude to the next track event (unfortunately, I think that is in March). Once it is all back together, it will probably go back to daily driver duty for a while.

This is about the only picture that I really have of the car ... it is in pieces in the picture though (replacing clutch). This is probably like three of four years ago, before I bought the car.
randy028.jpg

got some pics before i pack the camera:

Havent put the centre of the rims on yet, coz i need new wheel nuts ( they dont fit and the new ones are on order)

Laters alligators :D

~Sp33~

That looks cool with the new wheels on there Sp33, I like the look of the EF sedans. It's a pity they never made a VTEC one like Honda did with the EG.

And are you going to lower your car in the future? Please say yes....

I really like those wheels! They're just right for the car. I like the machined surface contrasting with the dark edges. Now just get those caps on to cover those rusty goober hubs and it'll be awesome.

Looking much better than the steelies, ~Sp33~. I'd recommend getting some "Tuner style" lug nuts, because they're usually more narrow than your standard acorn style lug nut. I know that Zenki, Gorilla, and plenty other manufacturers make them.

Now if only that wasnt exactly how Honda motors are. :P

I got some stock tail lights for $50 tonight. It was a MAJOR pain in the ass to get the old ones off and the new ones on but it looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!

Flattering Honda with the power figures alittle eh? :D

Nah thats about right :sly:

Just look at the torque... None anywhere just like real life. :P

Good deal! Where'd ya find 'em?

Lets see some pics!

Honda-tech. The guy I bought the strut bars from had a friend with the a complete set of stock hatch tails so he hooked me up. This guy wasnt even trying to sell them but money talks. :sly:

Pics will be up sometime... I work the next few days and I'm not sure the camera is working anywayl but I'll do what I can.

Hey man, if my buddy ends up dropping in a built B18C into his '97 GS-R (wants to go for a big turbo on his everyday driver :rolleyes: ) and wants to sell his old one, i'm sure I can get it for ya for cheap. If your able to replace the piston rings yourself, it could be worth the shipping.

Back