Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Hey everyone, im new to the honda club. Its awsum to see so many GTP users into Hondas. Im not old enough to own a car yet but this car is promised to me by my brother. Tell me what you think of it! I was thinking of putting a B18c from an Integra VTiR when i have enough money. Its currently just a CXi single cam non V-tec but it still can hold it own against the Vtec boys. current mods include: 2 1/4 inch mandrel bent exhaust + high flow cat, 4-1 headers, simota cold air intake, apexi pro n1 coilovers, exedy hd clutch and toda 3.4 kg flywheel, diy ctr headlights with 8000k HID, 16" rota jspl wheels wrapped in kumho v700's semi slicks

Monteclaro - Not a bad looking ride! The colour really stands out, and the front lip looks good with the stock painted side skirts. 👍

Welcome to the club G.T. :cheers:

P.S. I hope you choke on that six speed :grumpy:

OMG! This thing just scared the crap out of me...
0610_HT_21_Z+honda_civic+front_right.jpg

852 HP and 627 lb-ft of Torque!
http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/features/0610_ht_1996_honda_civic_turbo/index.html

I have that Issue and IMO hondas that make that much power are stupid. Have you ever seen the dynographs? That power doesnt kick in untill about 6500rpm and they dont even make 100hp until about 4000rpm. I see no reason you need that kinda power in that range. I'd much rather have just 250hp but have the turbo spooled by 3000rpm.

streatability ftw.

Montecarlo: take off that rear spoiler and that is one of the coolest civ's Ive seen. Its got a kind of boy racer look about it, which is cool 👍 It also has proper brand name rims on it, sigh.

Toyomatt: Hey man dont worry, I know your not trying to wind me up, your just saying excatly what the voice in my head is saying, I just cant afford it.

And as for that civic pretty crazy power, but like time attack said you got to question its driveability. I suppose if it is a purpose built drag car you dont need to worry about that. Torque steer anyone?

All the side skirts, spoiler and the rear bar are Civic Type R items, and the front lip is a OEM lip i dont really know what it is lol. I think my brother is thinking of putting a carbon fibre spoon spoiler later. Thanks for all the comments! The rims are actually "Works rims" copies.

Welcome to the club G.T.

The hatch looks nice, wish Aus got them. Honda would tottaly whoop the competition with that peice of work.

I have that Issue and IMO hondas that make that much power are stupid. Have you ever seen the dynographs? That power doesnt kick in untill about 6500rpm and they dont even make 100hp until about 4000rpm. I see no reason you need that kinda power in that range. I'd much rather have just 250hp but have the turbo spooled by 3000rpm.

streatability ftw.

250hp will not make you run 10s, though. Whereas 850whp will, and even beyond. That's a racecar, keep in mind. And the class it races in is fairly interesting... full body, full glass, full interior fwd street legal cars on slicks, running anywhere from mid 9s to high 13s.

To DDMv2: Is that your EL (the one on silver Hanabi's)? If so, I love your stance and clean setup. 👍 (I like the '04 - '05 1.7EL on there, as well, since I'm ordering the front clip off of one for my EM2).

thats right rota's make copies....thats why I asked around in here about rims, I know stuff all about them and all the brands

Yes they do. And they're not safe copies either. I've seen 4 different models break under seemingly average stress (for an aftermarket rim). They're bad products, end of story.

To Monteclaro: Welcome to the club, but I'd get rid of those ROTA's ASAP, and get the real deal RSZ-R's. Other than that, the car looks mighty clean.

The C8 model is the worst of them all...

But then again, all wheels are fragile to an extent. I bent a TE37 pretty bad on my old ITR just by going over a pothole... and my friend sheared the hub part off a Racing Hart wheel on his Mazdaspeed Protégé. It's not because you pay big money that they'll be unbreakeable.

The C8 model is the worst of them all...

But then again, all wheels are fragile to an extent. I bent a TE37 pretty bad on my old ITR just by going over a pothole... and my friend sheared the hub part off a Racing Hart wheel on his Mazdaspeed Protégé. It's not because you pay big money that they'll be unbreakeable.

No, you've got that right. It all boils down to construction. Forged Alloys are your best bet for lightweight strength, but if you truly wanted strength over everything else, you'd get steel rims. They're just more durable.

haha yeah i should get the real deal Works rims, but they are waaayy out of my budget. I havent even got the car yet. JUST IN maybe turbo conversion at the end of next month!!

Theres nothing wrong with rotas. Those damn works go for $1600 and you can get the rotas for $500.

I much rather spend the money on go fast parts. I didn't even buy new rotas I got mine cheap.

To DDMv2: Is that your EL (the one on silver Hanabi's)? If so, I love your stance and clean setup. 👍 (I like the '04 - '05 1.7EL on there, as well, since I'm ordering the front clip off of one for my EM2).

Yes they do. And they're not safe copies either. I've seen 4 different models break under seemingly average stress (for an aftermarket rim). They're bad products, end of story.

To Monteclaro: Welcome to the club, but I'd get rid of those ROTA's ASAP, and get the real deal RSZ-R's. Other than that, the car looks mighty clean.

Nah man thats not my el. I wish it was:)
those s2000s where really fast on the highway...:sly:

Theres nothing wrong with rotas. Those damn works go for $1600 and you can get the rotas for $500.

I much rather spend the money on go fast parts. I didn't even buy new rotas I got mine cheap.

I got my RC Starks for $462.63 (usd). I could pick up some 15" RSZ-R's for about 500-600 shipped. (It pays to have import connections)

If you can get them for that price I suggest you do so RIGHT NOW. You'll be driving a ferrari in no time.

Nah', I'd rather have my Civic. ;) Ferrari's are nice, there's no doubt about that, but I don't see myself owning one. I'm not that big into owning a supercar. I'm a rare person, who'd rather spend money on modifying a cheap/economical car into a track beast. :)

Plus, I would have bought the RSZ-R's, except I don't run a 5x114.3 pattern. They do come around pretty often, but unless it's 16", it won't clear my (to be) brakes.

my dad has a 1999 EM1 saloon Civic with Wolfrace Kendo shadowchrome wheels. i live out in the middle of nowhere so he let me drive it. on the dyno at norwich we got 110mph out of it in 4th gear, i can't remember what the top end was though.

my dad has a 1999 EM1 saloon Civic with Wolfrace Kendo shadowchrome wheels. i live out in the middle of nowhere so he let me drive it. on the dyno at norwich we got 110mph out of it in 4th gear, i can't remember what the top end was though.

Wolfrace is another knock-off company like Motegi or ROTA.

When Toyomatt84 was younger his parents bought him a race car bed. The very next day he tore off the plastic wheels and fitted his bed with a set of 16" RSZ-R's. True story. :lol:

Ev0 4 drifter - Thats not bad, but the speed a car can reach on a dyno in a given gear says nothing about the hp/performance. Any other mods done to his car at all? Any pics?

When Toyomatt84 was younger his parents bought him a race car bed. The very next day he tore off the plastic wheels and fitted his bed with a set of 16" RSZ-R's. True story. :lol:

Ev0 4 drifter - Thats not bad, but the speed a car can reach on a dyno in a given gear says nothing about the hp/performance. Any other mods done to his car at all? Any pics?

Yeah, actually it was a set of Ewing Mesh's, but you got the right idea. :)

EDIT: It's in there now, but I wonder why GTP has eliminated the ability to locate the signature on the right side. Oh well. :)

I saw something funny today... In the parking lot there was a sedan that looked almost exactly like mine but with different wheels and a hatchback that looked almost exactly like mine but it was a DX parked right next to each other. I had to stand there and stair at the irony for a while...

I miss my car.

At least I have a nice one now to replace it...

Hey guys, i was wondering if i can ask a question. Ok so here it is, Im stuck on something to do with the car. Either do up the existing engine with Krower forgies, port polishing, d17 block, you know all that crazy stuff OR go for a B16A Engine transplant OR turbo the engine now? If you had $5000 to spend on the car what would you do?

Latest Posts

Back