Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
I used to be a Honda fan.
My very first Honda. Made the side things myself.

What's left of it

That's what they made of it

My first CRX
15i 12 valve

My second CRX. Lend it out to a friend of mine and he crashed my car.

My third and very fast CRX. It had a race exhaust pipe (muffler). It gave the car an extra 15 horspower. 16 inch rims. I lowerd the car and some striping on it.

And this is what's left of it!!! :nervous:

Taurine - Those are some major clearance issues man, time to get out the baseball bat and do some custom flares! :lol:

lthiele - Seriously man, this is the Honda Fan Club, not the convo thread. We're talking about Honda/Acura, or at the very least CARS, not about how many posts you have.

kikie - Not a bad collection of classic Hondas! Its pretty cool to see your first one transform from a custom to a junker to a rally car. The Rex's are pretty cool too, but make sure to remind yourself never to lend your car to your friends again. :lol:

26's are way too big, Andrew... You'll break axles all the time. Should have gone with 24.5s instead.

those old school rexes are sick:) 👍

Makes me want to pick up a 1gen rex. Thing is I cant find to many suspension parts for them. Is there any way you can put a '91 crx si suspension onto a 1st gen crx?

my license is being unjustfully suspended until 2/08/07. I say unjustly because it is being suspended because I got 2 tickets within a 24 month period. You only loose your license for that if you are UNDER 18. I'm OVER 18 so I sould only loose it if I get 3 tickets in a 12 month period.

I am going to get this **** figured out. I will probably be without a license for a while no matter what as I only have a week left with it before I must surender it 11/08/06.

I am not less then two months from 16, and I still don't have a permet :( But that is my fault for being lazy. My mom said i can take the class this december, so i'll have my license next summer! Woohoo! And hopefully a car! And out of all cars, I think I want a Honda the most. I grew up on them, my dad has always had one, and I just love them. But I can't decide what kind to get. Now off the top I don't wand a Accord, and a i sadly cant afford a S2k or NSX. So that leaves me to a nice CRX, EK Civic, or a nice Lude. Any sugestions? I'm pretty much looking for a car, that is cheap, (under 10k), Manual, reliable, somthing easy to mod, cause I might to miner things, and somthing that get's good gas mileage. Being my hippy self, and living in a place that gas cost a arm and a leg. And know Honda covers all of that, but I am willing to look beyond Honda. :) I really don't care what drivetrain it has, Ii'm not picky in that catagory.

26's are way too big, Andrew... You'll break axles all the time. Should have gone with 24.5s instead.

Bear in mind our track isn't that good so I'll never be able to use them too their full potential.

Should I start breaking axles left right and centre I'll speak to the boss about machining a custom set out of the same stuff as the Skylines, if they can handle 1400+whp, two 28x9s and two 28x10s then my little beasty wont be able to brake them :D

They were also cheap and right in front of me, I can't be bothered dealing with importing them.

Taurine - Those are some major clearance issues man, time to get out the baseball bat and do some custom flares! :lol:

They actually fit the arch perfect, but I'll pump them out a bit more so I can lower the front down a bit more, it's 25cm off the ground at the moment!

Now off the top I don't wand a Accord, and a i sadly cant afford a S2k or NSX. So that leaves me to a nice CRX, EK Civic, or a nice Lude. Any sugestions?

The answers you're going to get in here will entirely depend on what car the person who replies owns. My opinion is based on what it is like over here in south Oz, over in your corner it might be a little different.

Basically insurance will be higher on a 2 door car because it is then classified as a 'sports' car, so remember that when purchasing the car. CRX's are usually hard to come buy in really good condition and most have been thrashed and riced. EK civ's would have to be my favourite model out of the bunch and if you modify it tastefully they can turn out quite respectable, especially if you give it a slight boy racer look. For your budget you could possibly get a 4th gen Prelude? wait for SRV he may be able to help you out. But if you can only afford a non VTEC 4th gen, I recommend actually getting a third gen because they're faster and more fun to throw around (sorry SRV :sly: )

The answers you're going to get in here will entirely depend on what car the person who replies owns. My opinion is based on what it is like over here in south Oz, over in your corner it might be a little different.

Basically insurance will be higher on a 2 door car because it is then classified as a 'sports' car, so remember that when purchasing the car. CRX's are usually hard to come buy in really good condition and most have been thrashed and riced. EK civ's would have to be my favourite model out of the bunch and if you modify it tastefully they can turn out quite respectable, especially if you give it a slight boy racer look. For your budget you could possibly get a 4th gen Prelude? wait for SRV he may be able to help you out. But if you can only afford a non VTEC 4th gen, I recommend actually getting a third gen because they're faster and more fun to throw around (sorry SRV :sly: )
I'm sure I can afford one, but i forgot to say, somthing relitivly low insurence, cause i'll be paying for that. My sister got a brand new Focus when she was (I think 19) So I don't know how my parents are gonna handle it with me. :S

You probably need to call an insurance company and tell what you're thinking about & they can give quotes. I think the EK Civic should be somewhat cheap to insure. That's just IMHO.

. So that leaves me to a nice CRX, EK Civic, or a nice Lude. Any sugestions? I'm pretty much looking for a car, that is cheap, (under 10k), Manual, reliable, somthing easy to mod, cause I might to miner things, and somthing that get's good gas mileage. /QUOTE]

Coming from the voice of biasedness (I dont think that is a word) I say find a 4th gen Lude Si or VTEC. Both of which can be had for under 10K, are reliable, and they both get good gas mileage. The only downside is you have to use premium gas in both of them.

+Rep for that 👍
Although the 3rd gen being faster part is a myth and you know it! :lol:

For insurance reasons, and for cheap aftermarket parts, i'd go with the EK. From experience (atleast over here) the Prelude will cost you more to insure since its considered a "sporty" car, plus there are less available so used parts can be hard to come by. Its really about personal taste though, and what you can afford. Some aren't fans of the 4th gens (we call them retards around here) and others want something sportier and different from the standard Civic HB. Atleast you have a good list of cars to look at when you start shopping for your ride, and just remember...VT@C IS BETTER THEN SEX!!! :sly:

You cant go wrong with a nice fourth or fifth gen civic. ;)

Accords are nice to I can't see why you wouldn't like a clean fourth or fifth gen.

Preludes are nice I suppose but personaly the 3rd gen is the only one I rather like.

Things to look at when considering the insurance is does the car have an air bag, door locks, decent seatbelts, modern bumpers, an alarm, how often they get stolen, the trim level, body style... The age of the car doesn't matter.

Oddly enough I'm paying slightly less for my fifth gen civic si then I was for my fouth gen dx.

Preludes are nice I suppose but personaly the 3rd gen is the only one I rather like.[QUOTE/]

I aint going to argue with that.

Oddly enough I'm paying slightly less for my fifth gen civic si then I was for my fouth gen dx.

your right, that is odd. Normally if the price of the car is higher (ie newer model) than insurance starts to crap itself.

http://image-cache.nissansilvia.com/forums/uploads/post-25760-1137503930.jpg

CE28 Volk copies - I reckon 16x7 with an offset of +38 will do me all right. And yes that offset will fit on my prelude :)

I know these are copies (toyomatt, please dont kill me), but for $1300AU with brand new tyres, fitment, balancing, alignment and stud nuts, I really cannot find a better offer at the moment. (same website offers genuine CE28's for $2300AU just for the rims)

It's cool, I won't hold it against you... for long. ;)

Speaking of rims, though... my Pirelli Mesh's get here this Friday. I already have my Rennsport/Carving Starks, just awaiting tires/balance to put them on. ;)

You cant go wrong with a nice fourth or fifth gen civic. ;)

Accords are nice to I can't see why you wouldn't like a clean fourth or fifth gen.

Preludes are nice I suppose but personaly the 3rd gen is the only one I rather like.

Things to look at when considering the insurance is does the car have an air bag, door locks, decent seatbelts, modern bumpers, an alarm, how often they get stolen, the trim level, body style... The age of the car doesn't matter.

The reason I don't want a Accord is that, there bigger, and heavier. I love Accords, I would take my dads 04' in a heart beat, but that an't gonna happen. I think a EK is more me.

Speaking of rims, though... my Pirelli Mesh's get here this Friday. I already have my Rennsport/Carving Starks, just awaiting tires/balance to put them on. ;)

Can't wait for the pictures man! 👍

Master Yoda - This is a repost, but you might find it informative since your talking about weight.

CLICK HERE

:EDIT:

Can you say 3rd gen Prelude with an H22?
I just came... :drool:
3rdGenPreludeWithH22.jpg

That's one heck of a ghetto-rigged Cold Air Intake. Looks like plastic plumbing pipe with a Ractive Short Ram. :S Also, if he went through the trouble of the engine swap, he should've painted the engine bay.

Anyways, I guess I could throw some pictures of the Rennsport's for you guys to enjoy.

What's this?
1000475li5.jpg

ZOMG! My 2nd set are here! =) Just in time, too, since it's started snowing here. =(
1000476nh8.jpg

And this is how I lost my "composure", if you know what I mean. ;)
1000477oq2.jpg

1000478xp4.jpg

Can't wait for the pictures man! 👍

Master Yoda - This is a repost, but you might find it informative since your talking about weight.

CLICK HERE

:EDIT:

Can you say 3rd gen Prelude with an H22?
I just came... :drool:
3rdGenPreludeWithH22.jpg

that lude is definitly SICK!👍

I saw one just like that except in red on autotrader a couple months back with a h22 swap. Was going for $2500CND...

o and good link you posted:sly:

Anyways, I guess I could throw some pictures of the Rennsport's for you guys to enjoy.
ZOMG! My 2nd set are here! =) Just in time, too, since it's started snowing here. =(
1000476nh8.jpg

Being a fellow honda-tech'inarian as i am ( whos also subscribed to the em2 pic thread) These rims are old news!!! ahahaha. ;)

How many people on GTP do you think saw them? Not to mention, SRV2LOW4ME asked for pictures. ;)

I did, and the pictures were great, thanks!

How much did it cost you to have them shipped over? I'm going to assume that it was alot. :scared:

How many people on GTP do you think saw them? Not to mention, SRV2LOW4ME asked for pictures. ;)

I can count 3 in this thread alone. :P

That's pretty much the best color for them Starks, too. 👍

Back