Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
I can count 3 in this thread alone. :P

That's pretty much the best color for them Starks, too. đź‘Ť

I also got in contact with HotCoat (powdercoat company) to see if they had the original colors for the rims available, so I can re-powdercoat them in the Spring/Summer. And, sure enough, they do. :)

Translucent Grape
TransGrape.jpg

TransGrape2.jpg

A chevy small block part in a Honda thread!..... sacrilege!

:P

I was about to hold a vote to ban him from the Honda thread, but since its only showing off the color for the rim, we'll let it slide.

Mclaren Man - You'd be surprised at how many Honda's around here have rims like that. I just want to know where they found them in 14"s! :lol:

Only the lip will be purple. Hard to tell from the pictures, but are they 15's or 16's?

btw is he seriously going to paint those things purple and put them on a red car...?

Only the lip will be purple. Hard to tell from the pictures, but are they 15's or 16's?

Yeah, hehe, it's hard to tell from the pictures, but they already have a purple lip. I am going for original colors on the wheels, I'm a purist in that sense.

They're 16x7 +47, -Fred- (which would you rather me call you now?).

Oh, and the wheel whoring has been put on pause for the time being ladies and gent's. I'm more interested in moving westward, so I don't have to ride with 4" of ground clearance (I'd prefer 2 1/2"), and where the weather is .... well "friendlier". ;)

But, I will definitely step out and buy some if the deal is right, or if they're truly one of my "desired" rims. ;)

*cough*
alr13alr-img600x450-116193203616-547-1.jpg

reisamjp-img352x288-1160838174200610131404000.jpg

600x450-2006102600178.jpg

zippomoris-img600x450-1138588553t-2.jpg

Okay guys, I figure it's time to post up Keith's List of Del Sol Problems. Here's we go:

1. The weatherstripping around the roof panel is worn at the corners, especially the right front, which leaks profusely when it rains.
  2. Another leak, this time in my trunk. Underneath the carpet there's a gathering of the seas when it rains. I haven't taken it apart to find where it's from yet.
  3. The paint on my head is chipping ever so slightly.
  4. My worn 110K mile clutch (orignial, I suppose)
  5. The old brakes, which I wouldn't mind swapping with my mom's G6. (Yeah, they need replaced that bad)
  6. The gear ratios. My two tickets of late: 61 and 62, with a warning for 66 (all in a 35). Damn third gear to hell.
  7. Here's a biggie: The belt that goes around my air conditioning and idler pulley has slipped off and is now dangling under there, making a racket. The Honda tech says my idler may have even fallen off (!) which he tells me is a common problem with these engines, B blocks I guess. The thing just seizes and breaks. Well, this belt has led to more minor annoyances:

• My air conditioning doesn't work.
  • Because of that, when it rains I can't use my defroster because it blows wet air, forcing me to hold my breath.
  • The windows still fog irreversably when I hold my breath.
  • The noise is noisy and slightly embarrasing.
  • The engine sounds magnificent in the amplifier-effect of my school's parking garage.
  • The sqeal also gets amplified, so now I cruise at idle in 5, rather than 4K in 1.

There you have it, Keith's List of Del Sol Problems. I'm not asking for help, because most of them are easy fixes, I'm just showing the price I have to pay for VTEC. Isn't it funny how VTEC justifies everything? :lol:

EDIT: Nice wheels there, Matt. Well, the top two are sweet looking, but the third is just meh. As usual, I don't know what they are or their significance, but just about any artist on the planet might agree that they look like something from an '80s GM product, minus a hole. They may be famous, they may be light, they may be strong, but god damn they're ugly!

Well, it all boils down to what you want to indulge yourself with, when it comes to aftermarket products. I, for one, will admit that I love vintage JDM wheels. None of those are GM products and, with the exception of the second picture, are all SSR forged aluminum rims. Light, strong, etc.... And, the looks are in the eyes of the beholder. I think they look unbelievably more interesting then a large majority of rim selections today.

You're right about the interesting look. There's a lot of detail put into those rims, and one could look at them all day, just at the details in the design. Most of today's wheels are pretty boring in comparison. Even if some classic JDM wheels might not be pretty, they would garner a lot of looks and questions. That'd be a reason to have them right there. Especially the fourth pic, those wheels are gorgeous! I'll guess that's white paint, and did they come stock liek that back in the day? That design is fantastic and looks fast. Are you planning on getting some like them? I think they'd be amazing with your bright red.

The day you get a set of those is the day I come steal them from you. :lol:

No seriously though, it is. :grumpy:

Heres a question for you though, my friend put a set of these Motegi RT5's on his Civic. I know they're a copy, but I can't put my finger on what they're a copy of. Any idea? :confused:
motegi_rt5_chrm_lg_enlarge.jpg

Just thought I'd post my feelings about the CRX.

Everytime I see a CRX, I'm disgusted. I don't think many cars are more ugly. I hate seeing any and every CRX souped up with big bumble bee muffler tips. I hate seeing aftermarket wheels on them or anything that makes the car look more ugly than I already feel it is. I see each driver and can't help but feel they are idiots.

^^^^^

What car do you drive? Whatever it is its ugly too.

Seriously why come into this thread, of all threads, then just bag the crap out of one the guys cars?

Just thought I'd post my feelings about the CRX.

Everytime I see a CRX, I'm disgusted. I don't think many cars are more ugly. I hate seeing any and every CRX souped up with big bumble bee muffler tips. I hate seeing aftermarket wheels on them or anything that makes the car look more ugly than I already feel it is. I see each driver and can't help but feel they are idiots.

Check out my new wheels:

dsc00649ik5.jpg

And also check out my dodgy muffler position:

dsc00648qe7.jpg

:D

Very nice looking crx. I'd like to own one myself.

I was recently offered to trade my hatch for a canadian spec 1990 gs integra with a b16 swap. I had to turn it town as the guy wanted cash on top and I didnt want to do that.

Very very nice wheels đź‘Ť Big fan of your rex :)

( and its a hatchback :embarrassed:) Who would have thought.

Let us know how you go with it.

I'm still a big fan of my last CRX. If I could find one in good condition, I think I would buy one. But I don't know if I can still find spare parts.

I think you should keep away from hondas with your crashing record, lol. You should start driving corollas đź‘Ť theres too many of them. ;) haha.

I think you should keep away from hondas with your crashing record, lol. You should start driving corollas đź‘Ť theres too many of them. ;) haha.
I didn't crash that crx. I sold that last crx to a friend of mine and after half a year of driving, HE crashed HIS (my ex crx) crx into a truck. I never had an accident with all of crx'en I owned. Only the accord, I crashed that one, but that is it.

Latest Posts

Back