Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Doesn't look that bad perhaps he should raise the front a bit and get a little more sidewall.

Just trying to be difficult?

dc520023MA14677658-0008.jpg

dc520024MA14677658-0009.jpg

Raised with bigger tires. They still look tiny.

keef - Yeah, those Sentra SE-R Spec V's make more noise then speed. My friend has a 2003, lightly modded, and claims to be one of the quickest imports in the city...then one night we were cruising together and found that I could pull on him in 2nd gear. :lol:
I went for a ride in it to find out if it was his driving technique or not, and it was weird, he'd stomp the gas and the engine would scream but there was no "oomph"...no "go". In my opinion, the cars shouldn't be called vehicles, just expensive noise makers. :indiff:

Toyomatt - I have to agree with you, they don't sit right. Its like the wheels are too small for the arches and make it look like its rolling on toy wheels or something. :yuck:

keef - Yeah, those Sentra SE-R Spec V's make more noise then speed. My friend has a 2003, lightly modded, and claims to be one of the quickest imports in the city...then one night we were cruising together and found that I could pull on him in 2nd gear. :lol:
I went for a ride in it to find out if it was his driving technique or not, and it was weird, he'd stomp the gas and the engine would scream but there was no "oomph"...no "go". In my opinion, the cars shouldn't be called vehicles, just expensive noise makers. :indiff:

Toyomatt - I have to agree with you, they don't sit right. Its like the wheels are too small for the arches and make it look like its rolling on toy wheels or something. :yuck:

@ Matt: I agree with you. 15 inch wheels are enough on older Civics, like the EF and EG, but that's because the whole car is smaller and a little lower. Usually a bigger, taller, longer car requires larger wheels to look "right", and the EP Civics, and possible the EKs, are too big for 15s. I think 16s looks perfect.

@ SRV: The variable valve timing on those Spec Vs is pointless. It kicks at 5000, with the redline at 6000 and, even worse, it doesn't do anything except scare the hell out of any VTEC you've ever heard with it's thunderous "BBBAAWWWWWWWWW". He and I established that the Spec V is a handler, with his wide tires, lowered springs and go-fast shocks, anti-roll bars, strut braces, LSD and whatever else he has adding up to massive grip, especially at low speed. What understeer? What oversteer?! It just turns, no matter the corner! I'd estimate about .95g is subjected to a skidpad, but I've never felt a car that has that much grip. I never got my 350Z ride from my dealership buddy...

@toyomatt: are these rims as pointless as they seem? Theyre on a car that was imported from japan. Just wanna know if theyre anything special or not.

Who knows whats mad tite jdm, and whats not these days lol.

@toyomatt: are these rims as pointless as they seem? Theyre on a car that was imported from japan. Just wanna know if theyre anything special or not.

Who knows whats mad tite jdm, and whats not these days lol.

Those look like some SSR Type-M knock-off's. I know they're not main-brand, for sure, due to how the center cap is mounted, so I'd say they're not worth much. There's just as many fakes in Japan, as the USA, so they could be anything. Final Speed is a knock-off brand, and some people buy they're rims here thinking that they're something that they're not.

Wow, what a night! Many people have been in your typical street race. ...yada yada yada... They'd better watch out, for the next time I come across an arrogant SE-R owner...

Good to see you actually testing the real performance of your car, as straight line racing on the street is boring, you might aswell do it propely on the track (like taurine).

It feels good to out run people who think their cars are gods gift to the world, especially in my case where my car's engine is nearlly half the size of theirs and I talk my car up about 99% less than they do. Its also funny how one of my mates owns a holden commodore (3.8l V6 OHV dinosaur thing) that he picked up for $2000 and he has a go at one of my other mates for putting a manual transmission in his $6000 Nissan Pulsar, saying that why waste that much money on a car like that. He then turns around and says how in the future he wants to put a manual tranny in his car. lol he copped some s*it from me after he said that.

Neocrox - That Integra looks good, real clean, and the rims on it really make it stand out. I wish I could make my friend turn his Integra into something like that, but at the moment, I can't even talk him into putting a Type R lip onto his GS-R lipless front end. :guilty:

Time Attack - Those look awesome, but is there any Honda that they'd fit under? :odd:

Neocrox - That Integra looks good, real clean, and the rims on it really make it stand out. I wish I could make my friend turn his Integra into something like that, but at the moment, I can't even talk him into putting a Type R lip onto his GS-R lipless front end. :guilty:

Time Attack - Those look awesome, but is there any Honda that they'd fit under? :odd:

The Dori-Dori Mesh (made by SSR), comes in only 4x114.3 for bolt pattern. It was originally designed for the Toyota Corolla AE85/86, for obvious (drifting) reasons. It will fit on older Accords, Odysseys, Preludes, and some others that have the 4x114.3 bolt pattern. It's more commonly found with lower offsets, hence why Time Attack mentioned fender flares, but there are a few 15x7's out there in a +28 outfit, which would fit under any mid-'90's Honda sporting the 4x114.3 bolt pattern.

Good example of Honda-sized Dori-Dori's:
JDMrims007.jpg

JDMrims006.jpg

JDMrims010.jpg

Yesterday at the carmeeting I saw a beautiful Civic.. It was an EK9 in yellow with carbon hood and trunk. Black 5 spoke rims and Spoon muffler.. verry nice:)

It's more commonly found with lower offsets, hence why Time Attack mentioned fender flares, but there are a few 15x7's out there in a +28 outfit, which would fit under any mid-'90's Honda sporting the 4x114.3 bolt pattern.

Well, they have them in my bolt pattern, but are still way to small in the offset category. Stupid Preludes and their high offset needs. :grumpy:

Neocrox - Sounds like my dream car, but wheres the pics?! :confused:

You talked him into getting a new clutch yet? :scared:

You talked him into getting a new clutch yet? :scared:

I haven't even been able to talk him into fixing the piston rings he managed to trash. You can tell when he's out driving around town by the huge blue cloud that grows ontop of the city. :lol:

I haven't even been able to talk him into fixing the piston rings he managed to trash. You can tell when he's out driving around town by the huge blue cloud that grows ontop of the city. :lol:

lol is that the Integra you'd told about that you'd to drive home becaus he couldn't drive a manual?

Btw, I have no pictures of that Civic becaus I didn't brought my camera with me.. Hope he shows up at the following meetings so I can take photos of his car..

BUT, at another meeting an other Civic was there racing a Skyline and I filmed it..

*searching where I stored it*

Here it is: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6339108903006362423&hl=en

Not a really a good race though, Skyline with large turbo against Civic slightly tuned..:scared:

Sp33 - Unfortuantly I live in the rust belt of Ontario, which means most Civics that he could afford are already trash. I tried talking him into buying a B18C1 powered EK off a guy who lost his license, but he was hell bent on buying this Integra that he didn't even open the hood on. I still remember the first time I opened the hood and found that the previous owner had used reflective tape as a modification all over the engine and engine bay. It was even on the underside of the hood!!! WTF!!! :lol:

Neocrox - Yeah, thats the the guy I was telling you about. Back then his clutch was alright, but after finding out that he revs it to 4 grand before releasing the clutch, i'm assuming there isn't much left. :scared:

Hopefully you can grab some pics if he's there next time. Cool vid, although I agree, it was a little unfair. :lol:

Back