Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
No I was talking about the 2nd gen civic. I wonder what would fit under the hood of one of those. I know a K series fits in the fit.

You mean "shoe horned" right? A K-series can be shoe horned into a fit. :lol:

Talk to Sp33 about the 2nd gen question as I think he's already talked to me about one in a 3rd or 4th, so he might know of a 2nd gen K-studded car.

3GAccord - The first one you made really makes it look more like an Lancer to me. The second one isn't bad, and you will probably see a bunch of tuners make the trunk lights dissappear, its just unfortunate that the most popular tail light mod will be euro's. :yuck:

Cause this page has so many pics already...

picture066hc0.jpg

picture038okfw9.jpg

picture019goodbr7.jpg

But, for your average pos, it isn't bad! Hey, atleast its a Honda. :D 👍

Nice shots, but you could have atleast picked up the garbage before taking the pictures. :lol:

Meh... I knocked it over going in there all dorifto-ing like mad. T'was enjoyable.

I'm considering selling it again but I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.

OOooOooOoooooOOOoooo looky looky I gotz muhself an infraction. I got a kick out of that lil clip...

Do you guys think I could run with a new Si? I think they'd blow me away, but I have a buddy who thinks "They're [relatively] slow." Slow, with 197 hp and 139 lb-ft (plus the extra .4L means the torque peaks 600 rpm lower than mine) and a weight of ~2900 lbs. It has over 30 more hp and lb-ft than I, and only weighs ~350 lbs more.

I think I'd lose. I'm also sure the new Cooper S is out of my league. An extra 10 or 15 horses on my car should fix that though.

So, the story:

At about 12:30 this morning I and a few buddies--the Spec V, B18'd '92 Hatch, and my cousin's SS S/C--were sitting in a Wal-Mart parking, just chatting after another "spirited" romp. We see a roughed-up Mustang 5.0 cruising through the parking lot. As he passes--three big guys--they yell something like "Cute cars!," which was quite funny to us. They circled around once more, pulling up beside our huttle, and said "You guys out racing these cute little things?"
"Yeah, we are, actually," B18 said with a laugh.
"You wanna join or something?" SS asked.
Then I asked them if they'd ever heard of the road Bear Creek (one of our favorite fast and windy roads, where we average around 70 mph and reach over 100).
The Mustang driver is like "No. You like it?"
Spec V said "Well, let's go down and see what you think. Eh?"
"All right."
I said "Are you serious? You really wanna come?"
"Hell yeah, I'll show you what a real car is!"
"Damn, well all right then! Let's go!"
B18 mumbles to me "This'll be a laugh."
So, in amazement, we all get in our cars and start them, in a collective "WHOOooommmmmm..." Out of the parking lot we head, to the big intersection of a couple busy streets. There's two left turn lanes, and we all pack in both lanes. The SS just happened to get a spot at the back, right next the monster 5.0. As the light turns green the Spec V goes, me and the B18 go in a cloud of carbon and oil (hehe) and the SS trails, messing with the Mustang. Right as the SS gets through in the intersection, he guns it "Wheeeeee!!," but the Mustang doesn't hesitate and goes for it also, and keeps going after the SS let's off. Speaking of 5-0, the police officer that happend to be coming the other direction, approaching the intersection, whips a U-turn and races after the idiot driver of the Fox. Not even 1/8 mile into our journey the three fat guys are sitting on the side of the road, and we aren't. We're too busy laughing.

Even if the Mustang would have made it to Bear Creek, he probably would have been intimidated by the speeds we hold on the road, and it's guaranteed we'd have been waiting for him at the end. We were also positive that the SS and B18 (the latter being slightly quicker) would have A-Town Stomped that beater 5.0 in a straight line. The car might have had a chance 5 years ago when fart-can mufflers and tidy short-ram intakes were "the bomb", but nowadays some of those Civics driving around happen to have someone else's engine stuffed in the front, along with the electronics and suspension to match. Just as well, some new cars come packed with giant-killing power at a reasonable price.

I wonder what the idiot would have thought of our other friends' 300+ horsepower SRT-4, ~450 horse RX-7 and ~500 hp SVT Cobra. Somehow I don't think these two Mustang guys would have gotten along very well, eh?

No, this Civic won't be RWD. Is just the same as every other Civic out there. I bet a big tuner company is thinking about a conversion already, though. ;)

I can also assure you that it won't be coming to Europe. Japan gets this sedan Type-R, Europe gets the 2-door hatchback Type-R, and we in America have to make do with and coupe and sedan version of the Si, which has the same power as the Euro Typer-R.

European Civic Type-R:

American Civic Si coupe:

Why can't they make more RWD :grumpy: . FWD is much safer to drive for the general public but RWD is so much more fun to drive (but you have to keep it save if you're playing with your S2000)

no civic will ever be rwd. If they even thought about making it rwd the Honda community would be in an uproar and the only people that would think about buying one is someone who has never owned or modded a civic. They won't alienate their true consumer base. I for one would never buy one.

Why can't they make more RWD :grumpy: . FWD is much safer to drive for the general public but RWD is so much more fun to drive (but you have to keep it save if you're playing with your S2000)

The Civic was never designed to be a full-on sports car, it was designed for economy. Regardless of how entertaining that is to you, that's it's initial design.

I wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the AWD Civic drivetrain, especially on something like that Mugen Civic Type R. You wouldn't just own the streets, you'd rule with a mighty fist! :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing them bring back the AWD Civic drivetrain, especially on something like that Mugen Civic Type R. You wouldn't just own the streets, you'd rule with a mighty fist! :lol:

What'd really get my interests perked, is if they not only brought back an AWD layout, but used the Acura RDX drivetrain for it. Nothing like a 2.3L Turbo pushing out 240 hp and 260 lbft of torque backing a stellar chassis to give the classic WRX's and Lancers a run for their money. ;)

That'd be sweet. If it wasn't turbocharged. I'd rather see the F20 or F22 tuned to about 300 horses--like the Evo and STi--attached to an AWD, <3000 lb Civic. That would be cool

@3GAccord: Wow, fantastic looking cars, i love the cb7's, i own a 4g civic, and that 3g accord is awesome looking, honestly ive never a 3g accord without popup headlights. Are you from NZ by any chance?

On that note, welcome to the squad 3GAccord!

On a seperate note, SRV2CRUD4ME: Your not a liar ;) if you know what i mean. Talk on msn later when i get home next week.

That'd be sweet. If it wasn't turbocharged. I'd rather see the F20 or F22 tuned to about 300 horses--like the Evo and STi--attached to an AWD, <3000 lb Civic. That would be cool

I assume you're referring to the F20/F22's that were available for the Honda S2000, because who would want the Accord version? SOHC 👎.

But, even then, I'd still take the K23. There's more parts readily available, and the torque is much more predominant in the K23 with the type of turbo that they made for it (there's a valve designed to open up on the compression housing for when the car reaches certain RPM's, to compress more air. It's so the turbo spools faster in the lower RPM's, and still maintains the higher HP numbers in the higher RPM's). I'd much rather have that over a strong N/A engine, to compete with the STi and Evolution.

@3GAccord: Wow, fantastic looking cars, i love the cb7's, i own a 4g civic, and that 3g accord is awesome looking, honestly ive never a 3g accord without popup headlights. Are you from NZ by any chance?

On that note, welcome to the squad 3GAccord!

On a seperate note, SRV2CRUD4ME: Your not a liar ;) if you know what i mean. Talk on msn later when i get home next week.

Thanks :) Yeah I am in NZ, most of the 3G Accords here have pop-ups, but I brought this one cause it was only $200 and was only walking distance away, I think 1/4 3G Accords here have fixed headlights. (and for a odd reason I have 2 with fixed head lights lol)

And glad to be in the club :)

toyomatt84 - That would be amazing! I wonder if its been thought over at Honda head quarters? Obviously they see the market for such a car, I just wonder if there has been any discussion on throwing something out into market place.

keef - Although a high revving NA AWD car would be nice, unfortuantly the engine wouldn't provide the torque needed to keep up with the rest of the cars in that class. Don't forget that more of the engines power is lost through the drivetrain with an AWD setup, so in order to stay with the pack (WRX, Lancer Evo, Mazdaspeed 6, etc) forced induction would be the smartest way to go in order to get you the power, especially torque, numbers.

Sp33 - You just made my nipples hard! :lol:

I had a guy tell me the k23 wasn't a very good engine for performance. It was something about how it doesn't rev very high, you have to use special oil... I think some other things but I don't remember.

As to the F20... Good luck getting 300hp from one of those and keeping it streetable and reliable. As to the accord variants of the F they aren't that bad... They are very similar to the H series motors. I've seen them swapped into civics with huge turbos or with an H22 head swap and boost.

Personaly in my performance cars I would prefer a non turbo engine because of the more linear power delivery rather than how on turbo engines it often feels like there is an on/off switch for the power.

Wow, what a holiday. Headed out of town to the familys holiday house :D

Managed to piss off two neighbours with my noisy car 👍 Also disturbed another whilst trying to drive up our steep grassy hill at 3 in the morning with 3 chicks in the back seat (you can fit ANYTHING in a CRX) and one in the passenger seat and getting stuck halfway up wheelspinning, left a mean skid mark because the car started swaying left and right.

Then we found a grass patch and tried to do some 3rd gear burnouts, it didn't like starting in third so I tried the old 2nd to 3rd geat and managed to crunch the bejesus out of third gear so high rpm shifts into 3rd gear result in a nice crunch.

Then after returning home and dropping a mate off I did a little fairwell skid for him and managed to lock the diff somehow..? I'm thinking I shook some of 3rd gear shavings from the bottom of the box into the diff and now she squeals around tight corners and the gears actually skip on extremely tight corners.

I also overshot a corner and nailed a curb for the second time so now it has a pull to the left and one pretty badly crunched left front wheel.

My car was so nice before I got my hands on it :D

But it was a bloody good holiday, lots of alcohol, lots of praying to the porcelain god :D

Well the f20c is already a highly strung motor cranking out another 60hp NA would push it over the razors edge unless you're ok rebuilding your motor like you were a super taiku racer.

If you tell me nothing happened with either of the 3 chicks after a display like that, I'm going to ban you... If you're gonna abuse a car, while it's filled with chicks, at least get something rewarding out of it. :P

Wow, what a holiday. Headed out of town to the familys holiday house :D

Managed to piss off two neighbours with my noisy car 👍 Also disturbed another whilst trying to drive up our steep grassy hill at 3 in the morning with 3 chicks in the back seat (you can fit ANYTHING in a CRX) and one in the passenger seat and getting stuck halfway up wheelspinning, left a mean skid mark because the car started swaying left and right.

Then we found a grass patch and tried to do some 3rd gear burnouts, it didn't like starting in third so I tried the old 2nd to 3rd geat and managed to crunch the bejesus out of third gear so high rpm shifts into 3rd gear result in a nice crunch.

Then after returning home and dropping a mate off I did a little fairwell skid for him and managed to lock the diff somehow..? I'm thinking I shook some of 3rd gear shavings from the bottom of the box into the diff and now she squeals around tight corners and the gears actually skip on extremely tight corners.

I also overshot a corner and nailed a curb for the second time so now it has a pull to the left and one pretty badly crunched left front wheel.

My car was so nice before I got my hands on it :D

But it was a bloody good holiday, lots of alcohol, lots of praying to the porcelain god :D

Wow, sounds like some hard driving. A little too hard perhaps? THe owrst I've had in the Sol is some surprise oversteer, whcih was quickly and calmly fixed. It feels good nearly hanging with a NISMO'd Spec V around the corners...

Latest Posts

Back