Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Sp33. how the heck did you find that car!? Was in imported or was it converted? I had no clue that these cars were available with AWD.

I have a buddy who is a little too ambtious and wants to convert a beater CRX into an AWD beast. He doesn't have the money to do it, but he doesn't know that. I don't think I should tell him that he actually could convert it. :lol:

That generation only came to the US in AWD trim as a wagon. But I think by then the torsion bar front suspension was no longer used with the AWD.

I just sold my rotas for a rather meager amount and got a set of bmw bottle caps in the trade. I lost a fair bit of money what with the shipping and **** I just paid for but I dont care I didnt want the wheels anymore. Now if only I had an ef to put them on... Might put them on the hatch for a few photos but heh...

picture0019bc.jpg

picture0037px.jpg

picture0069ez.jpg

picture0075gl.jpg

picture0104mr.jpg

ghey lol

Sp33. how the heck did you find that car!? Was in imported or was it converted? I had no clue that these cars were available with AWD.

I have a buddy who is a little too ambtious and wants to convert a beater CRX into an AWD beast. He doesn't have the money to do it, but he doesn't know that. I don't think I should tell him that he actually could convert it. :lol:

I found it with a whole lotta searching, a whole lotta patience and a whole lotta sacrifice lol. Its a very similar system as in the CRV, though it would be better for him if he got it from the EE civic wagon, which more commonly came in awd.

That **** ain't funny...

Oh you larv it.

Is the EG frame a better tuning platform than the EF, or are they pretty much the same with a different body? I know the exhaust and stuff are different, but what about the rear suspension and everything from the firewall forward?

I like how the wheels look now, TA. I think you should leave them like they are. I like the color, and I think it goes well with the green car.

The eg chassis is smore rigid than the EF chassis IMO. It is also the same chassis as the DC2 integra so there are a ton of parts for it. IMO, it is a better platfom although I prefer the looks of the EF.

picture0411xs.jpg

picture0398kz.jpg

picture0358dq.jpg

picture0337xi.jpg

They look very unique on the car. I know I've never seen them before, and that's cool to have the only set in town.

It's too bad they don't have a tad bigger diameter, because now you're sort of stuck with massively sidewalled performance tires, if you're planning on getting any. Of course, that's not a big problem with today's stiff sidewalls and the lightweight EG. There shouldn't be much tire flex with that combo, and I'm guessing that's why most racers go for small, light wheels and thicket, wider tires.

They are actually not that narrow so I'm not worried about how much rubber I'm putting down. I'd say they are about 6 inchs. 14x6 isnt bad imo.

I'm considering what suspension I want to use now. I've heard good things about the gound control and koni yellow setup but thats a bit expensive for me right now. For not much more I could get a full coilver. That said, advance auto has the Edelbrock IAS coilover kit listed for just over $900 on their website....

What's wrong with that? I'll be picking one up as a daily driver, so I can tear down my EM2 for a serious build. ;)

Plans at the moment are to sell the CRX and buy an EF2 as a daily and get some money into the drag car and get it going.

Then maybe next year look into getting and EJ so I can drop my LSVTEC motor in :mischievous:

There was one at the trackday I attended a few months ago, black on silver RP01s, Tein Flex and B18C5. The thing hauled ass and was three wheeling most of the time and just looked so aggressive and it's only now that I realise I'm in love :embarrassed:

Plans at the moment are to sell the CRX and buy an EF2 as a daily and get some money into the drag car and get it going.

Then maybe next year look into getting and EJ so I can drop my LSVTEC motor in :mischievous:

There was one at the trackday I attended a few months ago, black on silver RP01s, Tein Flex and B18C5. The thing hauled ass and was three wheeling most of the time and just looked so aggressive and it's only now that I realise I'm in love :embarrassed:

My rustbucket got me hooked. It was an Auto. as well. :nervous:
I just loved the feel of driving it. It could definitely go places.

AHAHAhaha, i should-a known. Did you ever do any repairs to the rexy after the incident with the wall on the racetrack?

No and I'm trying to sell it at the moment too so I'm like on yeah I sorta came off the track and hit some tyres and they're just like 'ooooh okay'

:guilty:

Or atleast came up with some other reason as to why its smashed up.

If I heard that, I'd think "so this thing has been beat up on the track by someone who obviously doesn't know how to drive...Uh huh..." then I'd run from it so fast there would be a trail of fire on the ground like the movie "Back to the Future".

Back