Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Keef - I think that just means your a back seat driver, and they're not. :lol:

Seriously though, i'm the same way with my friends. None critique me on my driving, yet i'm usually always saying something about theirs. I should note though that my comments are usually "you rev up to 4 grand before dropping your clutch?", "slow down man, cops usually sit up here", and the classic "aren't you going to shift into 5th?" which was followed by "na, I don't like 5th" while we're doing 120 kmh down the highway at 6 grand. :lol:

6K? Four grand is plenty for me, so I rarely cruise above 75 mph!

I've learned to keep to myself most of the time unless I feel nervous when someone else is scooting it up pretty good. My cousin has his SS, and while the Cobalt is very capable--I've driven it hard a few times--the way he drives it makes me nervous. He's always way to close it the white edge line for my comfort, and he often turns into a corner to early, requiring a wiggle or two, or too late, in which he'll jerk the car into a tighter line. I've also noticed he often corrects for underteer and oversteer when, :dunce:, there isn't any. He doesn't leave much room for error, and his white-line antics make decreasing radius turns an exciting experience. I know the car grips well, but he could have tested the waters by going a tad slower. But I don't know the real way(s) to handle a car, so I don't really want to end up giving bad or made-up advice, so I just let it go now.

I'd love to go through a real training school one day, and I'd love to attend a track day after I get a few suspension mods on my car. I'll also gove those SCCA autocrosses a good looking into. All I want to do is be good at performance driving, really. :D

hey TYP-27R, can you post some pics of your car?

I was thinkin i might clean up my car, and take it for some pics... My new car that is. ;)

i learned alot from gt series anyway, maybe not how to get in a car and drive but i learned lots of other things...

and keef, how on earth do i put my own pic on my avvy? noticed yours changed is all...

^^^ go to "myGtplanet" and its under avatar options in there.

I found some nice springs for my car a local brand called lovells, they give my car a nice level ride height with only a subtle drop of around 30-40mm (1.5" for all you yanks). I might go ahead with them within the next few weeks.

and guys you cant possible learn to drive from GT4, its just totally different I dont push X to accelerate in my car. . .

VIPERGTSR might be able to back me up on this one, but whenever it rains after its been dry for a while people seem to drive like d*ckheads and I have seen sooooo many near misses just in the last day its not funny. I mean seriously who just drives through a red light at 70kph in the pouring rain at a fairly major intersection? And just about every FR car I see driven by a young male at every lights bags it up or 'fully sick drifts' around every corner. If they did it late at night down in the industrial sector with no one around I seriously would not care.

and guys you cant possible learn to drive from GT4, its just totally different I dont push X to accelerate in my car. . .

Ever seen Men In Black 2? :lol:

Sp33 - Post some pics already! So does that mean your sporting 2 EF's at the moment?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 👍 👍 👍

*check this out keef i was lookin round at nice delsols and came across this...i dunno what looks better, my car your car or this car....!

untitled.jpg

what a beast IMO!!!!!

That is one of the ugliest Del Sol's I've ever seen. First off, there's no such thing as a Del Sol Type-R. Secondly, Wings West makes some of the worst products ever (look at how ridiculous that wing looks). Next, it's a Del Sol, not an Integra (lose the front clip). Finally, the Spoon knock-off theme that's going on looks so out of place, and quite a bit ugly on that car. Someone has a huge identity crisis.

That is one of the ugliest Del Sol's I've ever seen. First off, there's no such thing as a Del Sol Type-R. Secondly, Wings West makes some of the worst products ever (look at how ridiculous that wing looks). Next, it's a Del Sol, not an Integra (lose the front clip). Finally, the Spoon knock-off theme that's going on looks so out of place, and quite a bit ugly on that car. Someone has a huge identity crisis.
:bowdown:

👍

VIPERGTSR might be able to back me up on this one, but whenever it rains after its been dry for a while people seem to drive like d*ckheads and I have seen sooooo many near misses just in the last day its not funny. I mean seriously who just drives through a red light at 70kph in the pouring rain at a fairly major intersection? And just about every FR car I see driven by a young male at every lights bags it up or 'fully sick drifts' around every corner. If they did it late at night down in the industrial sector with no one around I seriously would not care.

Yes indeed, when it rains after a dry spell you have to more careful of other drivers as either stupid people still drive fast in the greasy conditions or idiots try and drive like mad drifters!

As for learning from games, yes you can learn many basic things from games (good games) but it wont make you a great driver when you first hop in a car. but

Ok, that Del Sol is horrible. The front bumper obviously doesn't fit and just makes it look stupid. Second, an Integra front end on a Del Sol? Whats with everyone putting Integra front ends on Civics/Del Sols/CRX? The nose is far too long for the cars and makes it look awkward. Never liked the modification, and I don't think I ever will.

well if you got a type r and you like the del-sol you would find this car not too bad and interesting, yes i noticed that front bar doesn't line up but i don't care it's not my car!!! i personally think it's pretty cool coz over here we don't see molested cars everyday like americans do...

what are you goin on about kiwi, i thought every NZer liked hondas, BRO!!

well if you got a type r and you like the del-sol you would find this car not too bad and interesting, yes i noticed that front bar doesn't line up but i don't care it's not my car!!! i personally think it's pretty cool coz over here we don't see molested cars everyday like americans do...

what are you goin on about kiwi, i thought every NZer liked hondas, BRO!!

I think he's just displaying good taste, which there's nothing wrong with. That car would get laughed at by the majority of the Honda community, you can believe that.

my car!! nah but after seeing the pic with what looks like black te37's i almost want em but i will definitely be getting black rims once it's back on the road... but that lower lip is so ghey!!!

~NEW CAR PICS TIME!!~
Its a JDM EF5 88 Civic sedan.
Its sporting a DOHC D16a8 planted to the ground through hondas Real Time 4wd system. Onto the pics:

7.jpg

8.jpg

6-1.jpg

10.jpg

2-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

19.jpg

18.jpg

17.jpg

its missing little bits and peices, but a little help from ferris (:P) will help me set things straight 👍

went to a mates house yesterday and he had some old pics from a couple of years ago. this is the old kit i had, it was the first to get this kit so it was cheap, since i have changed back to normal as the front bar was destroyed by sydney roads!!

newkit.jpg

newkit1.jpg

newrims.jpg

yeah went back to the orig. lightweights, i got those off a guy that worked at the place i got the kit from for 600AUD with the tyrs so it was a bargain at the time

Sp33. how the heck did you find that car!? Was in imported or was it converted? I had no clue that these cars were available with AWD.

I have a buddy who is a little too ambtious and wants to convert a beater CRX into an AWD beast. He doesn't have the money to do it, but he doesn't know that. I don't think I should tell him that he actually could convert it. :lol:

Latest Posts

Back