Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Nice find! Just read about it in the 1/24 model thread. Pretty rare model for around here, where'd you end up finding it and how much did it set ya back?

Cant wait till I get some springs put in. . .

caratlookoutresized.jpg

That up at Mt Lofty?

Nice find! Just read about it in the 1/24 model thread. Pretty rare model for around here, where'd you end up finding it and how much did it set ya back?

I got it at Pacific Mall. Set me back $45 but it was worth it:) If you go there you'll find quite a few hondas to play around with. The prices range from $30-50cnd.

Time_Attack: Yeah thanks, that calender is nice:tup: and I love it:dopey:

DDMv2 - Not bad, thats usually the going prices for Tamiya kits around here, although around here the Honda's are getting pretty hard to find.

Time_Attack - '91 rex? In North America? What kind of condition, price, etc. is it in? There aren't very many unmolested CRX's left around here unfortuantly, and if when you do find one, they're usually way over priced.

Thirdeye - Welcome to the club! Any pictures of your new car? Give us some more detail!

Its a 91 dx, d15b2 w/ dpfi, 5 speed manual. No p/s. 171,000 miles. Paint is in poor to fair condition. Interior is in fair condition. Body has dents but minimal rust. Cracked tail light and front bumper light. New rad and battery.

Worth $1500?

picture020es8.jpg

picture021nl8.jpg

picture022rg5.jpg

picture024cs4.jpg

You'd have to drive it to figure out what's up. Also, check the half shafts if they are original with 17x,xxx miles they must not have much life left in them. It's $300+ for a single OEM axle (not including labor etc.).

Keef, is there something your not telling us?

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys. Me and Casio are big homos for each other. Or at least that's what he thinks. He said he was going to bring me to Australia to meet him, but I have a plan. I'm just going to hit it off with all his hot chick friends. I can't wait. I'll bring my Sol, and then McMan and I can go for a cruise. With Casio's chick friends. That'd be fun.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys. Me and Casio are big homos for each other. Or at least that's what he thinks. He said he was going to bring me to Australia to meet him, but I have a plan. I'm just going to hit it off with all his hot chick friends. I can't wait. I'll bring my Sol, and then McMan and I can go for a cruise. With Casio's chick friends. That'd be fun.

Good idea, and since his car is RHD and yours is LHD, you can cruise side by side and high five each other! :lol:

Hellz yeah!

By the way, I've grown a new habit of calling everything weird, ugly, crappy, undesirable, stupid, and otherwise uncool "JDM". Like that little girl with the mullet at Fricker's last weekend. She was straight JDM. :lol: Or that big rust hole in the side of the F-150 down the street--seriously, how freaking JDM can you be?

By the way, I've grown a new habit of calling everything weird, ugly, crappy, undesirable, stupid, and otherwise uncool "JDM". Like that little girl with the mullet at Fricker's last weekend. She was straight JDM. :lol: Or that big rust hole in the side of the F-150 down the street--seriously, how freaking JDM can you be?

Haha, I do this too, I was playing N64 "Cruisin' World" and the drifts I was doing were "JDM tyte"...also saw a Civic Si who was trying to show off but just banged against the rev limiter for 5 sec before shifting, that was definitely JDM.

Keef: Sounds like a plan, just give me the time and place ;)

VIPERGTSR: Actually it is just locally around my area in golden grove, but it looks similar to the mt lofty phone tower now you point it out.

VIPERGTSR: Actually it is just locally around my area in golden grove, but it looks similar to the mt lofty phone tower now you point it out.

Heh yep, plus Lofty is a popular place for drivers to go. :)

Well guys, sorry if I make you mad, but I was browsing Toyota videos on You Tube. Turns out that VVTL-i works pretty good in stock 1.8 liter mode (4th gear):

And of course we know how VTEC works via stock 1.8 L (probably 3rd gear):

Somebody find a similar counter to this little episode of VVTL-i insanity, because I don't feel like wading through all the rich, oily VTEC exhaust...:lol:

All I have to say is that sounds stunning. As does VTEC, of course.

Overall I'm left indifferent. Sure, I love VTEC, but VVTL-i sounds and performs very similarly, though it works differently. I'm calling on you guys to prove to me that VTEC really is king, via video...:sly: ;)

And that was the Civic! Though the Integra is a closer market competitor, seeing as it's a coupe like the Celica, it would have beaten the GT-S even more. But you gotta love the noise when both of those cars hit the big lobes at the same time! :lol:

But I still need more. After all, that was a Type R. How about an Integra GS-R, since that's also a coupe while not being the all-out Type R? Was the American Type R more expensive than the GT-S?

Moar videos!

I dont think the vvt-i uses different lobes. It simply changes timing.

I had a video a long time ago of honda vs toyota and of course the hondas won. I'm yet to find it though.

VVT-i is nothing compared to a Honda VTEC. The numbers speak for themself.

Celica GT
1.8L 140 hp

Celica GTS
1.8L 180 hp @ 7600 RPM

Integra GS
1.8L 140 hp

Integra Type R
1.8L 195 hp @ 8000 RPM

Which would you rather have?! :lol:

The base models are similar though. Of course Id take the type R, that badge itself has a cult following, I mean you dont hear of toyota GTS clubs do you?

man Im totally not falling asleep tonight, and im getting sick of this music on my laptop, anyone know any good punk/rock bands at the moment?

I'll admit that VTEC is king, but Toyota's mechanism is almost just like anyone else's variable valve timing, and yet almost equals VTEC's performance. Why won't anyone besides Toyota tune their system the same? I mean, Nissan's CVCT or whatever in Spec Vs is just 1000 rpms of pointless thunder.

But of course, Totyota seems to have forgotten how to make desirable little spotsy cars. Honda hasn't.

VVT-i is nothing compared to a Honda VTEC. The numbers speak for themself.

Because of course obviously engine outright power is always dependant on the quality of the VVT........

apples to apples.

but Toyota's mechanism is almost just like anyone else's variable valve timing

What do you mean by that? If you are talking about Toyota's VVT-i then yes, a simple cam phasing actuator but comparing that to VTEC is not fair.

Compare apples to apples

i-VTEC vs VVTL-i

Latest Posts

Back