Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Yeah, loser. How much money do you make? Surely you have enough dough and space to park a cheapo Civic in your driveway or even on the street.

Just don't buy a Del Sol. Even if it has the B16A2. I guess it'd be alright as long as it's a gift to someone else...

EDIT: I'm excited to announce my forst performance modification made to my car. I ordered a K&N filter for my stock airbox. I've been convinced by a few buddies and some people from here that cold-air intakes are too costly for the benefit and especially for the trouble they may cause, and a short-ram is, again, too expensive for what it is. They look cheap as hell, to. It was suggested to me that just getting a better filter would be nearly as good as a short-ram. Plus, my airbox sans resonator doesn't suck hot air like the short-ram would.

Oh, and I'm going totally JDM lightweight without my trunk carpet and cardboard. The coolant bottle I had in my trunk (my VTEC totally sucked a tiny hole in my head gasket) started leaking and got coolant all over the carpet. I'm waiting for it to dry, but I might just get a new one.

Yeah, loser. How much money do you make? Surely you have enough dough and space to park a cheapo Civic in your driveway or even on the street.

Well, I still have the 'lude sitting out at my parents farm. Still not sure if I'm going to sell her, or use her as at the track this summer, seeing what she can really do around the course. Honestly, I wish I didn't have to drive something else as she still runs like new, but i've just come to the point in my life where I need something bigger. Unfortuantly, even if I removed the subs/amps/cap from the trunk, it still wouldn't be big enough. :(

Woah guys, when I put this filter on I totally gained.....a weird intake noise between 2500 and 3500 rpm. Oh, and like 5 hp unevident to the butt-dyno.

Ah, but the breath-through-the filters-to-see-the-difference dyno says theres a big difference. My wind just bounces off the old paper thing and hit me in the face, whereas every bit of it goes right through the K&N. How about that?

So I'm having trouble deciding which is better, this K&N or a AEM short-ram. Obviously the short-ram's piping is more efficient than stock, but the K&N is most definitely better than the AEM filter and the air box--minus the intake resonator--sucks cooler air from inside te fender, and not scalding hot engine bay air.

Thoughts?

Yeah, i'm sporting a 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan now. Atleast its a sedan though, which makes me feel that much closer to Sp33 everytime I sit in it. ;; (aww) :lol:

Running without the filter? Just don't take it down any dirt roads, roads with debris, roads with litter, roads with small animals, roads with...nevermind, just don't take it down roads in general. Not a good idea in my opinion since you never know what your going to suck up.

ie. I once pulled a bag out from under my hood that I didn't even know I ran over, now imagine you sucking that into your intake. :scared:

Yeah, I'm not really going to drive without the filter but I do wonder how much easier the engine would breath.

Alot, especially at higher rpm's when your engine is sucking in enough air to feed an air eating banana monster* for a week.

*Air eating banana monsters don't actually exist.

I just had an amazing idea...

I'm going to tape my filter to the lid of the box, cut a hole in my hood, and then I'm going to stick teh filter out of the hole and it'll be JDM ram-air y0!

...NOT!

Actually, I'm satisfied with my intake now. It comes from the inner fender, goes through a kickass filter, then through a pipe. And that's it. Better than going through a 1.5 inch diameter snake, emptying into a gallon jug, going through more snake, then to the filter, eh?

So now I need to concentrate on the header, exhaust, and suspension, of which the suspension comes first. I'm also going to throw some stop-leak in my coolant because I reheheally don't want to be stopped on the highway after my VTEC sucks down my head gasket. It burns a bit of coolant, enough to where it stops circulating after about 5 months. I'd like to avoid to goober of stop-leak, but my dad does make a good point.

CRX:

dsc00830ku4.jpg

3rd gear

dsc00831bc6.jpg

4th gear was only broken on two parts opposite to each other, rest of the gear is fine, other gear has no missing teeth but is worn

dsc00832jv1.jpg

dsc00840ue4.jpg

3rd gear well ****ed

dsc00841ue1.jpg

Bit of discolouration here

dsc00842ut1.jpg

Gearbox was popping out of 5th so we had to drive in 4th gear. Came to a roundabout and had to change to 3rd, did so and then it got stuck there, wouldn't select any other gear.

Drove for half an hour in 3rd gear, 5000rpm @ 100km/h. Drove past a petrol station and decided to turn around and let the car cool and check the oil.

Just after we turned around the gearbox locked completely at about 50km/h.

:D

You and drivetrain do not mix, I've had my share of destroying drivetrain but not as quickly as you. :scared:

Ordered my pistons and rods (CPs and Eagles) and Darton sleeves for my Civic, so I think when they're installed and the car is going then the scene pictured above will be repeated over and over again :lol:

Where's the coolant leaking from?

Why don't you just fix that?

Because that would be the right thing to do. Lol.

Taurine.. mang.... srsly... lol. I shudder to think if that ever happened to my car, and how goddamn hard it would be to try and find parts.

Or a part as expensive as head gasket. It's burning the coolant, and I'm almost positive the head gasket is the problem. It's burning a very small amount. I don't know if stop-leak can even work on the gasket itself so I'm hesitant to get some and use it, but I'm also hesitant to buy a new head gasket and take the beast apart.

But at least my transmission is intact.

It looks good, I love it when a car's body and paint isn't visibly screwed up, it makes for very nice pics. My car has dents and scratches all over it.

Or a part as expensive as head gasket. It's burning the coolant, and I'm almost positive the head gasket is the problem. It's burning a very small amount. I don't know if stop-leak can even work on the gasket itself so I'm hesitant to get some and use it, but I'm also hesitant to buy a new head gasket and take the beast apart.

But at least my transmission is intact.

How much is it "burning"?

photos since the car has been lowered:

... images ...
I think it'd look better with the rear wheels straight. :indiff:

Gearbox was popping out of 5th so we had to drive in 4th gear. Came to a roundabout and had to change to 3rd, did so and then it got stuck there, wouldn't select any other gear.

Drove for half an hour in 3rd gear, 5000rpm @ 100km/h. Drove past a petrol station and decided to turn around and let the car cool and check the oil.

Just after we turned around the gearbox locked completely at about 50km/h.

:D

You did that thing a ****ing mischief, good job man :)

Since you managed to do that to a box with a bog standard B16 in decent condition what are you going to do drivetrain-wise to handle 4-500hp? Or are you just going to budget for shattering gearboxes every few months or so.....

You did that thing a ****ing mischief, good job man :)

Since you managed to do that to a box with a bog standard B16 in decent condition what are you going to do drivetrain-wise to handle 4-500hp? Or are you just going to budget for shattering gearboxes every few months or so.....

I don't know, I'll cross that hurdle when I come to it.

But I think I'll be doing more of this in the future :D

How much is it "burning"?

I've seen no coolant on the ground or on the engine or around the engine, so I've decided it's burning it. I can often smell the odor of coolant when I lift my hood, but there's no coolant to be found. How quickly does coolant evaporate? I suppose it could have a small leak that evaporates before it drips or something.

I replaced my coolant when I got the car last July. Then in January, when I was driving pretty hard, my temp guage dropped down to 1/4 all of a sudden, which startled me. I stopped with my buddy, he opened the cap, and you couldn't see anything in it. I guess it had stopped circulating. We took his car to the store fro coolant and then poured over a half-gallon in mine.

Back