Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Here in Canada, you don't have to wait at all. Even with our stupid graduation system, atleast we don't have to wear a silly P wherever we go. :lol:

Awesome pics though Mclaren Man, especially liking the locations. Hows the ride quality with the new springs? Find yourself squeezing your cheeks for pot holes at all?

An upper strut tower brace will pretty much eliminate all body roll in your car, and can be picked up for pretty cheap. If you in enjoy the curvy roads, I'd suggest that mod next.

i installed my front strut brace, and am in the process of getting/trading for a rear upper one too.

I dont have to wear P-plates now im in QLD :)

Hey everyone - just thought i'd show you guys my new car i picked up not too long ago (about 3 weeks ago)!

Super Sonic Blue UKDM EK4 VTi

afe63tx7.jpg

b4443fx2.jpg

bc343yj3.jpg

8cc63ae7.jpg

Car is completely standard and immaculate inside and out! Only has 54k miles too.

barryl85: nice car dude, any plans for modding it?

SRV: I can get whiteline rear sway bars for around the $150 mark, but not too keen on their front strut bar as it rubs the bonnet.

Time_Attack
nice find.

Cheers Time_Attack

I agree, nice find. That front Honda symbol is freaking me out though, must be a European thing. :lol:

Ha ha - yeah its wierd front grille is massive too - i'm going to buy the type-r grille which has no honda badge!

Perfect Balance
Can I have your engine, PLEASE? I'll give you mine in return, along with a free Civic type R headlight conversion like mine!

*runs away crying*

Hmmm - i'm looking for type-r conversion headlights but nothing will take me away from my very own b-series!!!!!!!

toyomatt84
The VTi wheels are one of my favorite OEM wheels from Honda. Nice car.

Yep - i love them!!! Just wish they were slightly wider to be honest - only 195mm wide, Hows your project coming along?? toyomatt84?

Mclaren_Man
barryl85: nice car dude, any plans for modding it?

SRV: I can get whiteline rear sway bars for around the $150 mark, but not too keen on their front strut bar as it rubs the bonnet.

Got loads of plans! Keeping it JDM though (going to buy the rest of the ek9 type-r kit as i already have the ek9 front lip spoiler) - and sticking to spoon for most performance parts!

I also have a set of Recaro's from an EP3 type-r just waiting to be put in - just need to modify the subframes, but the weather has been really crap recently so i refuse to get them wet as they are literally brand new!

Spent ages looking for one of these! Most have been beaten up or thrashed! I actually got this one about 40 miles from my house - any other time i had seen a decent one for sale it would be over priced and hundreds of miles away (i was willing to travel but i never found one i liked).

Reading your post has been the highlight of my day. Glad to see someone with a HB is doing it up the way I'd love to do one up, and while starting from bone stock too. Again, congrats on the find. đź‘Ť

How'd you come about finding the EP3 seats? They're pretty expensive over here.

Yep - i love them!!! Just wish they were slightly wider to be honest - only 195mm wide, Hows your project coming along?? toyomatt84?

Very slowly at the moment, no thanks to a bunch of slacker room-mates. :(

I can't work on my car at my parent's place, so I'm stuck driving it as my daily, until I can get a decent place to stay that has a garage (not going to leave my car outside, while working on it).

Any pics? How loud would you say it is compared to stock?

Its available for my car, but "increased engine note under WOT" isn't really the best description of its sound a company can give about its exhaust system.

I hate those bolts with the springs that connect the header to the cat. I hate gaskets. I hate rust.

exhaust leaks ftl.

also I hate it when spell check doesn't catch me spelling a word wrong just because I spelled a different word. ;)

EDIT: I finally found the right size bolt and fixed the leak at the header/cat flange. Those stupid bolts with the springs can go to hell.

Those Civic SUV looking things are pretty rare around my area. Ugly, yet intriguing

Okay guys, I have some stuff to show you. First, the CRX having a little fun in a parking lot:

The engine runs well, though it runs slightly rich and burns TONS of oil. Tyler got a free fart-can off a buddy and had a muffler shop hook up a new catalytic converter (the old one was caked with oil and it's illegal to take it off if one was stock on the car in Ohio), the stock resinator, and the muffler with $100 worth of 2 inch pipe. The note is flappy and it really does sound turbocharged. It's awful, but cool. Like a race car or something.

Also, while I the right-rear tire off the Sol to put more wire around my exhaust (it's rusted through and hanging just aft of the flange back there) I decided to weigh my wheel and tire. They registered 30 pounds. The tire weighs about 18, deduced from TireRack, which means that the stock rims are (oh no!) lighter than the aftermarket ones I want. But they are an inch taller and 1.5 wider, so I can deal with it.

Lately I've been wanting to lower my car so bad I can taste it, mostly because I can afford it now. I'll show you the kit I was planning on getting. But then, knowing that the front Eibach antiroll bar is 26mm thick, I took a look at my stock one. It's decently massive, though probably not as hard as the new Eibach bar. Lacking calipers to measure it, I've almost decided it's good enough. The rear bar is another story though, because it might as well not have one right now. Meh. So, I'm thinking about this kit, because I can get this and the antiroll kit (if I later decide I need it) for the same combined price as the full Sport System Plus kit.

So, what are your opinions? I know either Eibach kit uses the Sportline springs to lower the car about 2 inches and the ride is still quite comfortable. They are street performance kits, after all. A few buddies have tried to sway me toward a coilover kit, but I dont want to be a race car, and I'll never be on a circuit anyway. The softer Eibach kits would be better for an autocross anyway. Are there any other kit suggestions? Price is very important to me, because I only have $850 to play with.

Back