Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
Hey guys, aren't you proud of me?

Eibach Sport System = ordered as of, like, 5 minutes ago. If I remember I'll take pictures of the install even though it's quite routine for all you freaks.
If your car has the same dual wishbone suspension as on the 90 hatches (which I think it does) you will need a suspension puller (2 arm works best, like a pitman arm puller) to get the front suspension apart. Also there is one torque to yield bolt in there so be sure you get it beforehand.

If your car has the same dual wishbone suspension as on the 90 hatches (which I think it does) you will need a suspension puller (2 arm works best, like a pitman arm puller) to get the front suspension apart. Also there is one torque to yield bolt in there so be sure you get it beforehand.

WTF. I have no clue really what you just said, except that, yes, it has the double wishbone front and rear setup. The guy who's going to install it is a close friend of my dad's, and he's been doing the whole mechanic thing for like 25 years. I don't know what a pitman arm puller is or where to use it, but if I tell him he'll probably know. I also don't know what a torque to yield bolt is.

Also, I declined getting the Sport System Plus (which includes the antiroll kit) because I can get the antiroll kit later for the same total price if I think the car needs it. I decided my stock antiroll bars might be good enough.

WTF. I have no clue really what you just said, except that, yes, it has the double wishbone front and rear setup. The guy who's going to install it is a close friend of my dad's, and he's been doing the whole mechanic thing for like 25 years. I don't know what a pitman arm puller is or where to use it, but if I tell him he'll probably know. I also don't know what a torque to yield bolt is.
Oh, I thought you were doing it yourself.

Torque to yield means it is single use...once it is tightened once, you can't re-torque it. So you have to buy another one if you take the original off.

If you're having a mechanic do it, I'm sure he'll do everything needs to...without you telling him anything. 👍

The guy who's going to install it is a close friend of my dad's, and he's been doing the whole mechanic thing for like 25 years.
You should do it yourself. I have like 1/2 year of experience working on cars, and I changed the struts with my cousin in his 3000GT. Hondas are even easier to work on. I think you seem to think that working on cars is hard, which is really isn't.👍

Well, it's only hard in certain circumstances. Replacing parts is easy, unless of course you're swapping the heads on a Chevy Astro while leaving the engine--quite literally--inside the car. That's hard. I could build an engine on a stand with enough time and some directions. I could do my suspension myself. But I don't have the hookup at NAPA incase something screws up or the proper tools. But I will be at his house helping out, watching, and learning.

Also, I've just been reassured by 3 Honda techs that I don't really have to worry about a puller, and that the impact will take care of those non-existant torque-to-yield bolts. :lol: That's what they told me, and they've been working on Honda suspensions for many years, so I think I'll believe them.

torque to yield bolts? haha you funny americans, over here we call them nyloc nuts or self locking nuts.

as for installing yourself? no its not that hard just remember how it goes back together when you pull it apart :dopey:

crxjpg2.jpg

CIMG38921.jpg

I hope those are just generic photos of those engines. two carbed engines would really be pointless as in total they might make 100hp at most.

Hey guys went to the local motorshow here yesterday and got some snaps of the new typeR civic for all you civic fans:

typer1.jpg

typer2.jpg

typer3.jpg

typer4.jpg

typer5.jpg

typer6.jpg

typer7.jpg

typer8.jpg

Also looked in the bikes section (I plan on getting a bike within the next few years) and I have to say in the supersports 600 range, the yamaha R6 looks waaaaay more aggressive and sporty than the CBR600RR but my pic of the R6 turned out blurry! I'd still take either of them though:

Yamaha R6:
blackandsilverR6.jpg

Honda CBR600RR:
blackandsilverCBR600RR.jpg

enjoy fella's

Haha I was looking at the Type R with the door open and thought "I just saw a Type R at the motorshow identical to that", looked at who posted it "Ah haha Adelaide motor show."

Nice pics Mclaren Man. We're not getting the Type R hatch over here, but what'd you think of it in person?

Time Attack - Till you blow your engine doing 125 mph. :lol:

Hey guys went to the local motorshow here yesterday and got some snaps of the new typeR civic for all you civic fans:

enjoy fella's

fellas.....?? *cough cough

I can imagine the type r all in white except for blacked out windows. it provokes warm feelings!
Personally when it comes to bikes i prefer the ZZR. especially the 1100. Although the fireblade always demands attention!

Well i went to view my Beat yesterday. How was it? :D :D :D to put it simply!

Both VEXD and i had a drive, with the roof up and down. What a stunning fun machine! It goes when you tell it to with all it's heart and the noise is like nothing i've ever experienced! Everyone hears it coming then can't believe something so small could possibly sound like that. VEXD will back me up when i say everyone turned to look. Apparently it drives just as it does in GT4, but i've never experienced the thrill i did yesterday whilst playing! When i fell asleep i was still smiling! Can't wait til she sits on my drive. She will be attending the up coming lan party so the site is bound to be flooded with pictures! Got to search now and find somewhere capable of replacing the roof. If anyone knows of someone, please let me know.
cheers

cass

I saw the car at the show aswell, I was suprised how much better they look in person.

Thats what I was hoping for. From the pictures, i'm still a little iffy about the design, but i've been that way before about other cars, and then seeing them in person changes everything.

Time Attack - Yeah, burning smells are usually a bad sign. :lol:

EXelero - Congrats! Unfortuantly, all the places I know of are here in Canada, but since the Beat is so small, you could mail it too me, I'll get it redone and then I'll mail it back if you want. *cough after I cruise around in it cough*

Time Attack - Yeah, burning smells are usually a bad sign. :lol:

Yeah... so I put it in 5th and turned the heat on.

I got pulled over for having a headlight out the other night. Turns out it was just loose but my insurance card had expired a long time ago so I got a ticket for that. My insurance company couldn't give me a card covering the date so I believe I'm FUBAR on that issue.

Once I left the damn negative battery cable came loose yet again so it wouldn't start. Once I fixed that I get in, have issues getting it on then it idles rough and dies. It does this several times before it doesn't start at all. I pushed it to the side of the parking lot out of the way and it finally came on after a few tries. I'm thinking it was just because it was a hot day.

I do have some idle issues once the car is warmed up though were it will idle rough dropping to around 400rpm and going back up a little off and on.

Also, my clutch has started slipping more than usual. Since I've had the car the clutch squeeks when I put the pedal in.

And I still need to fix that exhaust leak...

Whats up with all the Civic headlights knocking loose? It never happened once in the Prelude, but everyone I know with a Civic is constantly popping the hood and giving their headlight a smack for it to come back on. Design flaw, or do Civic drivers just not know how to put in new bulbs?!

Back